Mike.
麥克
Thanks for coming.
謝謝你來接我
Oh, yeah, of course.
不謝,應該的嘛
I'm just parked across the street, so...
我的車就停在街對面
Okay. I...I was just gonna hit the...
好,我...先去下...
Yeah, sure. I'll meet you out front.
好,我到門口等你
Okay.
好
Janitor. Anybody here?
保潔的,里面沒人吧
Higher!
再高點
Higher? Okay, you asked for it.
還高嗎,好吧,那就再高點
Oh, sweetheart. All right. Come on down.
好了,寶貝,下來吧
Pop-pop's getting tired.
爺爺有點累了
Don't "Aw" Me.
別鬧啦
You take a little break -- little break.
你也稍微歇歇吧
Go on.
自己玩會兒吧
A good kid.
真是個好孩子
Yeah, she is.
是啊,她挺乖的
So, how do you like it...
你覺得...
out west?
大西部怎樣啊
I like it. Wide-open spaces.
挺好,我喜歡廣闊的天地
Yeah.
好吧
Different, anyway.
反正和之前是不一樣了
Yeah.
是啊
How you doing?
你最近咋樣
I'm -- yeah, I'm okay, you know?
我...還好吧
Adjusting.
還在適應
And Kaylee?
凱莉呢
Yeah, she's settling in.
她也在慢慢適應
She still asks about him --
她還會時常問起他...
"Where is daddy?"
問"爸爸在哪兒"
She just misses him.
她很想他
Yeah.
好吧
How long you in town for, Mike?
你準備待多久,麥克
I'm here...
我在這兒...
for the duration, indefinitely.
會一直待下去
I'm, uh -I'm better.
我...好多了
And I'm sorry it took me so long.
抱歉讓你們等了這么久
But I'm not like I was. I'm back. I'm solid.
我跟以前不一樣了,這次是真回來了
I want to be here for you, for Kaylee, for my family.
我想陪著你,凱莉,我的家人
That's good. I'm glad to hear you're better.
那就好,你沒事就好
What?
咋了
What is it, honey?
你想說什么,親愛的
Mike, I got to ask --
麥克,我得問清楚...
I mean...I know I just need to move on from this,
我知道我得向前看了
but I keep thinking about something.
但有件事我一直很糾結
About what?
糾結什么
How, before Matty died,
就在馬蒂死前
like, for a few weeks there,
幾個禮拜
he was...different.
他...性情大變
Different how?
怎么變了
Different -I don't know.
我也說不清
Moody, you know?
變得喜怒無常
He barely ate. H-he wasn't sleeping.
他基本上啥也不吃,也不睡覺
He snapped at me about the stupidest things.
因為雞毛蒜皮的小事就跟我吵架
I started to think something's up at work
我以為他是工作不順
or -- or someone's sick, something like that,
或是有人病了什么的
but he wouldn't talk to me. He clammed right up.
但他不愿跟我說,把自己封閉了起來
Cops aren't real touchy-feely. You know that.
警察嘛,不愿吐露心事,你也知道
No.
沒錯
They're not. No.
你說得也是
But this wasn't the normal "Tough guys don't cry" crap.
但這不是什么"男兒有淚不輕彈"
This was more. I mean... did you notice?
這里頭肯定有問題... 你沒發現嗎
I mean, did you feel anything like that from him?
你沒發現他的轉變嗎
I don't -- as far as I remember, he seemed okay.
沒... 我沒看出來
He seemed okay to me.
我覺得他挺正常的
Well, I started to think -I'm --
我后來想著... 我...
I don't know. I didn't know what to think.
我都不知道該怎么想
But then...three days or -- or four --
之后... 他死前大概三四天吧
I don't remember --
我記不太清了
But before he died, there was this phone call.
凌晨兩點半電話響了
2:30 in the morning, I wake up, and Matty's not in bed.
我醒了,發現馬蒂沒在床上
And I hear him. He's talking downstairs.
我聽見他在樓下說話
So...I go to listen on the stairs, where he couldn't see.
我就躲在樓梯上偷聽
He gets intense.
他當時很生氣
Like, he'd be screaming
盡管他在低聲說話
if he wasn't whispering, you know?
但好像隨時會大叫,你知道嗎
Matty didn't get worked up. He'd let things go.
馬蒂很少生氣的,他總是看得很開
But -- but this -I mean, he was angry.
但這次不一樣,他非常生氣
He was really angry.
他真的非常生氣
What was he saying?
他當時在說什么
I couldn't make it out. It was something about...
我聽不太清楚,是關于...
I don't know. I couldn't hear it.
我不知道,我聽不清
But the next morning, I called him out --
但第二天早上,我問他
"What the hell was that about? What's going on?"
"昨晚怎么了,發生什么事了"
And he wouldn't talk to me.
可他不肯跟我說
But I think...
但我想...
I think he was talking to you.
我想他是在跟你說話
Me?
我嗎
I mean, who else?
還會有誰呢
For one hot second,
有那么一刻
I thought maybe he was catting around --
我想他是不是有外遇了
No, he wouldn't do that.
不,他不會那樣做的
No, I know. I know that. But you --
是的,我知道,但是你...
He knew he could call you anytime he had a problem.
他知道如果有困難隨時可以找你
You were thick as thieves, the two of you.
你們倆那么親密無間
And there was something in his voice.
他的聲音有些奇怪
It was... how he was talking.
他說話的方式
It makes me think it was you.
讓我覺得他就是在跟你說話
Stace, I don't think it was.
史黛西,我想那不是我
I can't recall any late-night heart-to-hearts with him,
我不記得跟他有過深夜談心
not around then.
那個時候沒有
Maybe it was a C.I. or a case.
可能是他的線人或者什么案子
Listen.
聽我說
I know what you're doing -- replaying it over and over,
我知道你在做什么,一遍又一遍回想
thinking, "If I'd noticed this or changed that,
想著, "如果我當時意識到了什么
maybe I could have done something."
也許結果就不會是這樣"
You don't think I haven't had those thoughts? I do.
你覺得我沒這樣想過嗎,我也有
Every day.
每天都在想
You got to quit beating yourself up like this.
你不能再這樣自責下去了
Matty's gone.
馬蒂不在了
That's really all there is to it.
就是這樣
Yeah.
是啊
I guess that's that.
我想是吧
It's getting on.
時候不早了
I got to...get Kaylee her dinner
我該去給凱莉做晚飯
and put her to bed.
哄她上床睡覺了
Uh, yeah.
是啊
Okay.
好吧
Well, if you want me to drop by and keep an eye on her, I...
如果你需要我過來照看她,我...
I want to help.
我愿意幫忙
See you around.
回頭見
Where to?
去哪
"Francisco."
你叫弗朗西斯科
Yeah.
是我
You know this town?
你很了解這個小鎮嗎
Yeah, sure.
是的,當然
How well?
有多了解
You sew this up yourself?
這是你自己縫的嗎
Not bad.
還不賴
Bet there's a story there.
這里肯定有個故事吧
Isn't there always? Yeah.
每個傷口背后都有故事, 是的
All right. Little sting here.
好了,疼一下
Okay. That ought to do it.
好了,應該可以了
Now...
現在...
...you're gonna want to take it easy.
不要劇烈運動
Keep it clean.
保持清潔
Keep it dry. Let it heal.
保持干燥,慢慢就愈合了
There's a Walgreens a couple blocks over on Louisiana.
在路易斯安大道那邊有個沃爾格林(藥店)
Maybe go get yourself a sling.
可以去那里買一個懸帶
You don't have one?
你這里沒有嗎
Sorry.
抱歉
Got a cone you can put around your neck. Yeah.
有套在脖子上的喇叭筒, 我知道
It's about the same, right?
都差不多,是吧
So, it's gonna be $500?
五百塊錢是嗎
$500.
五百塊
I can, uh, throw some pills in for the pain.
我可以給你一點止痛藥
This stuff's essentially vicodin.
這藥是維柯丁(止痛藥)
I can give it to you for $25 a pill --
二十五塊一顆賣給你
Maybe drop the price to $15
少給十塊也行
for something a little less human-centric.
這藥畢竟不是給人吃的
I'm an aspirin man.
我吃點阿司匹林就行
Tell you what -- take a couple on the house.
這樣吧,送你幾片
in case you change your mind.
說不定你就想吃了呢
You new in town?
你是這兒新來的吧
Yeah.
是的
Passing through or sticking around?
是路過還是要待一陣
Why?
怎么了
No reason.
就是問問
It's just, if you're relocating to the Land of Enchantment,
如果你想搬來迷人之地(新墨西哥州)
I know people.
我倒是認識些人
I could get you some work.
可以給你找份工作
I am not looking for that kind of work,
那種工作我可不要
but -- ohh -- thanks.
不過,還是謝謝你
Don't know why it has to be this way.
真不明白為什么要搞成這樣
Could have been friendly. Could have talked in your house.
在你家好好地談不行嗎
You really want the formal treatment?
你真要走正式流程嗎
Lawyer.
我要律師
Come on, Mike.
行了,麥克
It's just a couple of questions.
就問你幾個問題而已
ain't nothing but a thing.
沒什么大不了的
Lawyer.
我要律師
You're not under arrest.
你又沒被捕
Okay, did anybody here say "Arrest"? No.
誰說你"被捕"了嗎,沒有
You want to walk, walk.
你想走就走
I got to say, I, uh, expected more cooperation from you on this,
我原以為你會很配合的
cop to cop.
你我都是警察嘛
Lawyer.
我要律師
Fine. What lawyer?
好吧,哪位律師
Ehrmantraut -- who's got him and where?
我找厄門紹特,誰知道他在哪
That way.
那邊
Hey, fellas. How you doing?
伙計們,最近還好嗎
James McGill -Here to see my client.
我是詹姆斯·麥吉爾,來見我的委托人
What?
怎么了
You look like Matlock. Uh, no,
你看著真像馬特洛克, 才不是
I look like a young Paul Newman dressed as Matlock.
應該是像扮成馬特洛克的青年保羅·紐曼(演員)
Where's my guy?
我的委托人在哪
Say hello to Barney Fife.
你的巴尼·法伊夫來了
Wrong show, but thanks for playing.
不是同一個劇,不過謝謝
So, what happened --
你怎么了
The mayor didn't give you enough stickers?
是不是市長給你的貼紙不夠啊
You want to tell me what we're doing here?
告訴我這是怎么回事吧
Oh, here's your coffee.
這是你的咖啡
Hope it's good to the last drop,
希望是滴滴香濃意猶未盡
'cause I'm billing you the full hour for it.
因為我要為它收你一小時服務費
That's for you.
這是給你的
That's very thoughtful.
你倒挺貼心
You serious?
你真不喝嗎
Why did you have me bring it to you?
你為什么要讓我帶咖啡來
All right, here's what's gonna happen.
聽我說,一會兒你要這么做
Those two cops out there are from Philadelphia.
外面那倆警察是從費城來的
They've come a long way to see me.
他們是專程來找我的
When they come in here,
他們進來以后
we're all gonna have a little chat.
我要和他們聊幾句
And when it's over,
等我們聊完以后
The young one, who's been writing in his little notebook,
那位之前一直在做筆記的年輕警察
He's gonna take it and put it in his jacket.
就會拿起筆記本,放進他的夾克衫里
And when he does that,
他放好筆記本以后
I want you to take that coffee and spill it on him --
我要你拿著這杯咖啡,潑到他身上
Little accident, that's all.
制造點小意外,就這樣
And w-why, pray tell, would I do that?
我為什么要潑人家
Because I'm asking you to.
因為我讓你這么干
It's the only reason you're here.
你是我叫來的
So I'm here because you want me to assault a police officer.
所以說,我在這兒是因為你想讓我襲警
I am asking you to take a few ounces of lukewarm coffee
我是讓你從這杯微熱的咖啡里弄點出來
and spill it on him.
潑到他身上
I doubt that satisfies the definition of "Assault,"
這還構不成"襲警"吧
but, hey, you're the lawyer.
我的大律師
Right. How silly of me.
好吧,我也真是傻了
All you want is for me to aid and abet
你就是想讓我給你打掩護
you ripping off that guy's notepad,
因為你想偷人家的筆記本
'cause that's what you're doing here, right?
你來這兒就是要干這個,對吧
What -- are you nuts?
你瘋了嗎
You can't be serious.
你開國際玩笑呢
Hey, I hate to remind you of this, but you owe me one.
你可別忘了,你還欠我個人情呢
The assist I gave you with the missing-persons problem --
一家人失蹤的事我幫了你
one good turn and so forth?
你懂得禮尚往來嗎
You want a good turn? Here's your good turn, okay?
你想要回報嗎,這就是我給你的回報
I'm gonna behave
我會做一個
like an honest-to-god, law-abiding, licensed attorney,
誠實守信,遵紀守法的執業律師
'cause, clearly, you need one
因為你顯然需要一個
with whatever the hell is going on here.
能幫你解決這里問題的律師
Now, those two jokers out in the hallway --
走廊里那兩個家伙
I'm gonna make sure they dot their I's and cross their T's --
我會保證他們不漏掉一絲細節
everything square and above board.
一切都開誠布公
That's what I'm gonna do,
這才是我要做的
and you're gonna be happy as hell that I'm here.
我來幫你,你開心還來不及
But this little Juan Valdez bump-and-dump -- no.
用胡安·瓦爾德茲咖啡干壞事,不行
Not gonna happen.
我才不幫你
Hey, gentlemen, we're prepared to indulge you.
先生們,我們準備好跟你們談了
Detective Escalara will be sitting in with us, as per APD policy.
按照警局要求,埃斯卡萊拉警探要來旁聽
Okay with you, right?
你沒問題吧
Fine with me.
我沒問題
Okay.
行
You got your lawyer, Mike. Can we talk already?
你有律師了,麥克,能說了嗎
Great. So, like we said,
很好,我們說過
we're here looking into this Hoffman and Fensky thing.
我們在調查霍夫曼和芬斯基的案子
Yeah, and whatever you can tell us -- anything at all.
什么都可以說,任何信息
Uh, hold on. Hold on.
慢著
"Hoffman." "Fensky."
"霍夫曼" "芬斯基"
Fill me in.
說詳細點
Assume I know absolutely nothing about my client here, all right?
就當我對委托人的情況一概不知
Start at the beginning. Jesus. Seriously?
重新開始, 天,開玩笑嗎
Look, don't let Mr. Ehrmantraut's dancing eyes
別被厄門紹特先生閃爍的雙眼
and bubbly, bon vivant personality fool you.
和熱情達觀的性格騙了
He's actually -- believe it or not -- somewhat taciturn.
信不信由你,其實他不愛說話
Shall I fan you gently, so you don't go into shock?
要不給你們扇會兒風吧,免得你們休克了
Start at the beginning, okay? We're talking Book of Genesis.
重新開始,行嗎,從最開始說起
Okay, Mr. McGill, as you probably gathered,
行,麥吉爾先生,你應該知道了
we -Detective Sanders and I --
我和桑德斯警探
work for the Philadelphia Police Department,
在費城警察局工作
as did Mr. Ehrmantraut for nearly 30 years.
厄門紹特先生也在那工作近三十年
Philadelphia? Go, eagles.
費城,加油,費城老鷹(橄欖球隊)
Mr. Ehrmantraut had a son, Matt.
厄門紹特先生有個兒子叫馬特
He, too, was with Philly P.D.
他之前也是費城警局的
He was a rookie officer with about two years on the job.
當時還是個剛工作兩年的新人
He was a good cop.
他是個好警察
Yes, he was.
確實
About nine months ago, he responded
大概九個月前,他接到報警
to a shots-fired call in some west side rattrap.
西區有間破房子里有槍擊
Matt went in with his partner, officer Troy Hoffman.
馬特和他的搭檔特洛伊·霍夫曼警官一起去的
They had Sergeant Jack Fensky backing them up.
杰克·芬斯基警長是他們的后援
Unfortunately, things got out of hand.
不幸的是,事情失去控制
The three of them were ambushed,
他們三人中了埋伏
and, uh, Matt didn't make it out.
馬特沒能活著回來
Hoffman and Fensky returned fire,
霍夫曼和芬斯基回擊了
but the shooter got away.
但開槍的人跑了
We chased a few leads, shook up the usual suspects --
我們跟進了一些線索,找了些嫌疑人
came up short.
但毫無進展
I'm very sorry to hear it.
很抱歉聽到這些
Anyways, we kept beating the bushes,
總之,我們兜兜轉轉
kept coming up dry until three months ago.
查無所獲,直到三個月前
That's when Hoffman and Fensky both turned up dead
霍夫曼和芬斯基被發現
in a vacant lot out in nicetown --
死在城北一片空地上
again, an ambush of some kind, it looks like.
好像又是中了埋伏
And with whoever killed Matt out there in the wind,
這個殺了馬特卻逍遙法外的人
we're thinking -- well, it's our operating theory
我們覺得,合理地推測
that Hoffman and Fensky were mixed up in something,
霍夫曼和芬斯基肯定卷入了什么事
some bad business, and maybe that got Matt killed.
結果出了岔子,導致馬特被殺
Yeah, sorry. I got to do my lawyer thing here.
抱歉,我得盡我律師的職責問一下
Uh, what does my client have to do with any of this?
這和我的委托人有什么關系
Uh, Mike, this is a Hail Mary.
麥克,這是孤注一擲
Uh, beyond that.
或者說大海撈針
I mean, if we had any hard evidence or leads,
要是證據確鑿,線索可信
we wouldn't be out here.
我們也不會找你
Now, there's anything you can tell us
霍夫曼和芬斯基卷入了什么事情
about what Hoffman and Fensky were into?
你有什么想說的嗎
Yeah, help us out, Mike.
幫幫我們,麥克
Help us catch the bastard who killed Matty.
幫我們抓住殺了馬蒂的混蛋
I don't know much about Hoffman and Fensky.
霍夫曼和芬斯基我不太熟
They were Matt's people. I'd see them around sometimes.
他們是馬特的同事,我看見過他們幾次
I saw them in a bar the night they died.
他們被殺當晚,我看到他們在一個酒吧里
It was Mcclure's --
是麥克盧爾酒吧
Maybe the red dog -Probably Mcclure's.
那條紅色狗很可能是麥克盧爾的
Were they drinking with anyone?
他們當時和誰一起喝酒
It's a cop bar.
是一個警察常去的酒吧
They were drinking with everyone.
他們和所有人一塊兒喝酒
Yeah, but did you see them with anyone in particular?
你看見他們和什么特別的人在一起嗎
I couldn't tell you. I was...
我不知道,我當時...
You know how I was.
你知道我當時的情況
How you doing these days?
你近來過得怎么樣
Feeling like I crawled out from the bottom of a bottle
感覺就像是從瓶底爬出來
and working hard to stay there.
努力不再落回去
Although I've got to say --
我不得不說
Doesn't help much, dredging up the past like this.
挖我的過去是沒什么用的
Let me ask you,
那我問你
when did you come out here to Albuquerque?
你是什么時候來阿爾布開克的
It couldn't have been, uh, too much later.
不會是過了很長一段時間吧
I think it was the very next day.
就是在第二天到的
Yeah? The day after Hoffman and Fensky died, huh?
就是霍夫曼和芬斯基死亡的第二天嗎
You didn't think to, stick around once you heard the news?
你聽說這件事以后沒想過留下來嗎
I don't think I heard the news till I was west of Kansas City.
我是過了堪薩斯城才聽說的
Still, you, uh --
那你也
You didn't come back for the funerals, correct,
你也沒回來參加葬禮對嗎
even though Hoffman was Matt's partner?
即使霍夫曼是馬特的搭檔
Do you remember anything about that night at the bar?
你還記得酒吧那一晚的事嗎
Did you talk to Hoffman or Fensky at all?
你那時和霍夫曼或芬斯基說過話嗎
Sorry. I got nothing. They weren't my people.
抱歉,我不知道,我們不共事
I'm sorry you guys took a flier on me.
很遺憾你們把寶壓在我身上
I wish it'd have paid off.
希望對你們有幫助
That it? We done here?
就這樣,我們可以走了嗎
We're done here, yeah.
好了,沒我們事了
Hey, that wasn't so hard, huh?
也不是什么難事對吧
Thanks, Mike. Yeah.
謝了,麥克, 不客氣
Listen, we're probably gonna kick around for another couple of days,
聽著,我們可能會在附近待幾天
in case you think of something, all right?
你如果想到什么就告訴我們
I've never been out west before.
正好我以前從沒來過西部
Oh! Oh, shit!
見鬼
Jesus. Sorry. Sorry. Come on!
天哪,抱歉, 搞什么啊
Here. I can get most of it. You got any paper towels?
過來,我來幫你, 有紙巾嗎
You know what? Hey, hey. I-I got it.
那個,我來就好了
I got it. Thank you. Sorry.
我來,謝謝, 抱歉
For the love of...
看在...
You got to do that right here, right in front of me?
你確定要看嗎,就在我眼前
What's so important in there that we had to pull
里面記著什么重要內容,非得讓我們
that third-rate Marx Brothers routine?
用這種不入流的馬克斯兄弟的手段
You really want to know?
你真想知道
And risk getting a piece of an obstruction rap? No, thank you.
冒著妨礙司法的風險,還是算了吧
Anything else you want to ask?
你還有什么想問的
How did you know?
你是怎么知道的
Know what?
知道什么
That -- that I would do that, that --
剛剛我會那么做
How did you know that I would,
你怎么知道我剛剛會
spill that coffee?
潑咖啡
What the hell's that?
你笑什么
What's supposed to mean?
你什么意思
Okay, great. You're the strong, silent type.
行,你是高冷硬漢
Hooray for you.
好樣的
But in case you missed it,
但我還是要提醒你
your friends from Philly back there --
你那兩個費城來的朋友
They think you killed two cops.
他們認為是你殺了兩個警察
Yep.
我知道
Yeah, it's me.
是我
We need to talk.
我們得談談
You call the cops?
你叫的警察
What? Philadelphia P.D. -- did you call them? 什么,
費城警局,是你報的警嗎
Y-yeah, I did. Why?
是,是我, 為什么
Well, I told them I heard about
我告訴他們我聽說了
Hoffman and Fensky--
霍夫曼和芬斯基的事
And what?
還有什么
And you don't think it's strange?
你不覺得這很奇怪嗎
First Matt,
先是馬特
then not six months later, his partner and his sergeant?
然后不到六個月,他的搭檔和隊長也出了事
Yeah, I called them to help catch Matty's killer.
是我打電話讓他們幫忙抓到殺死馬蒂的兇手
Mike, what if the same person,
麥克,如果是同一個人呢
if the -- what if the piece of shit who got Matty
要是那個殺死馬蒂的人
got them, too?
也殺死了那兩個人呢
And what exactly did you tell them?
你到底和他們說了什么
I told them -- You tell them Matt was dirty --
我告訴他們, 你告訴他們馬特不干凈
Is that what you told them? I --
你是這么告訴他們的嗎, 我...
How could you possibly think that?
你怎么能那么想
That's your husband, the father of your child.
那是你丈夫,你孩子他爹
I didn't say that.
我沒那么說
I s-I told them I found money.
我...我告訴他們我發現了錢
After Kaylee and I moved here, when I was unpacking,
凱莉和我搬到這里后,我在拆箱時
it was in the lining of an old suitcase.
在一個老箱子的內層里發現的
Matt must have tucked it away in there, 'cause this was cash --
肯定是馬特藏的,因為大概有
$5,000, $6,000 from God knows where.
五六千現金,不知道哪來的
I mean, we were basically paycheck to paycheck.
我們都是吃工資的
Where the hell did he get it?
他哪來的錢
Why didn't you ask me?
你為什么不來問我
Why didn't you come to me?
你為什么不來找我
I couldn't.
我不能找你
I knew what it would do to you.
我知道這樣會讓你很難辦
First, he's murdered,
他先是被殺了
and then for you to think...
然后又會讓你覺得...
I-it would have burned you to the ground.
這會讓你身敗名裂的
There would be nothing left.
你就什么都沒了
And you wouldn't talk to me.
而且你也不跟我說話
Every night, you were drinking yourself unconscious,
你每晚都喝得酩酊大醉
like you were the only one who lost him.
好像只有你失去了他似的
Look, I don't care. He was dirty, he was clean
我不在乎他到底手腳干凈不干凈
I don't care.
我不在乎
All I want is for whoever killed Matty
我只想讓殺害馬蒂的人
to rot in a cell for the rest of their life,
下半輩子都在監獄里度過
and then I want whatever's left of them
而且死后被人扔垃圾堆里
just dumped in the trash -- that's what I want.
這就是我全部的念想
I don't care where it leads, what it uncovers.
我不管會牽扯出什么,有什么內幕
I mean, what difference would it make
我是說,就算他有什么見不得人的
if he was...anything?
又有什么區別呢
I'd still love him.
我還是愛他
I'd still miss him. He'd still be gone.
我還是想他,他已經死了
Matt wasn't dirty.
馬特是干凈的
Well, so be straight with me!
那就把話跟我說明白
Right now. This is it, Mike.
馬上,告訴我,麥克
What was that phone call before he died?
他死之前那通電話到底是怎么回事
Don't bullshit me.
不要糊弄我
That was between me and my son.
那是我跟我兒子之間的事
So you're admitting it was you.
所以你承認是你打的
He wasn't dirty!
他是干凈的
God damn you! You get that through your head!
你他媽的,你給我記清楚了
My son wasn't dirty!
我兒子是干干凈凈的
Just let him cry it all out, okay?
讓他自個兒哭去吧
Hey, Mikey.
老麥
Young Hoffman. Mikey boy.
小霍夫曼, 麥克兄
What's going on, my brothers? How you doing?
最近怎么樣,兄弟, 你好嗎
Brothers, huh?
兄弟對吧
Good to see you, too. It's been a minute.
我也很高興見到你,好久不見了
I know. I know it was you.
我知道,我知道是你們倆
Closing time, Mikey.
要打烊了,老麥
Hey, how about I give you a lift home?
要不我送你回家吧
I'm fine.
我沒事
No, I can't let you drive. Get you a cab?
不行,我不能讓你開車,給你叫個車吧
No, I'm good. I'm good.
不用了,我好著呢,好著呢
Don't worry.
別擔心
Anyway, I sold my car, so I'm walking.
我把車都賣了,只有走路了
Thank you.
謝謝
Albuquerque, New Mexico.
新墨西哥州,阿爾布開克
You ever been?
你去過嗎
Nope.
沒去過
Well... that's where I'm headed.
我馬上要去那兒
Tarantulas, they got.
那邊有狼蛛
That's a big minus in my book.
我肯定不敢去
Well, I will be on the lookout.
我會小心的
You take care, my friend.
你要保重,朋友
Take care.
保重
Hey, Mike.
麥克
Mikey.
老麥
You want a ride?
要搭個便車嗎
I'll walk it.
我自己走路
Pull over here.
在前面停車
What are you doing out here?
你在外面做什么呢
Come on. Let us drive you.
來吧,我們載你一程
It's colder than my ex-wife's tit out here.
這外面比我前妻奶頭還冷
Come on. Come on.
來吧,來吧
I'm walking.
我自己走
Come on. D-don't be an ass.
來吧,別鬧了
Come on. Let us take you home. Get in the car already.
來吧,我們帶你回家,上車來吧
It's cold out here.
外面很冷的
What? Come on, Mike. Come on.
怎么啦,來吧,麥克,快上車
Come on.
上車
Okay. Easy.
好啦,慢點
We're gonna have you home in no time.
我們馬上送你回家
Oh, god.
老天
Hey. What are you doing?
你干嘛呢
Hey. Give me that. That's mine.
還給我,那是我的
Later.
等會兒給你
We don't want you to shoot your foot off, now, do we?
萬一槍走火了咋辦,對吧
Hey, Mikey.
老麥
What?
什么
Mikey, you with us?
老麥,你還醒著嗎
Why?
怎么了
You really tied one on good back there, buddy.
你剛才真是醉得糊涂了,伙計
Shit, yeah, he did -- put it away like they were
可不是嘛,喝那么多酒
fixing to bring back prohibition.
好像明天就要頒布禁酒令了一樣
Hey, hey, back at McClure's,
在麥克盧爾酒吧的時候
you were talking out your ass,
你發酒瘋說胡話
"I know it was you."
"我知道是你們倆"
What's that supposed to mean, huh?
你什么意思
You think you know what?
你知道些啥
You got something you want to get off your chest,
你有什么憋在心里
Something you want to say to us?
要跟我們說說嗎
You killed him.
你們殺了他
You killed Matty.
是你們殺了馬蒂
And you killed him for nothing.
你們平白無故就殺了他
You killed him because you were scared
你們害怕他可能會去告發
of what you thought he might do.
所以就殺了他
You got him in that crack house...
你們讓他進了那販毒屋
And you staged it --
你們設計好了的
Made it look like a junkie with a gun.
看起來像是某個癮君子開的槍
But it was you.
其實是你們
And I know it was you.
我知道就是你們
And I'm gonna prove it.
我會找到證據的
Help me get him out of the car.
幫我把他弄出來
What?
干嘛
Come on. There you go. Watch your head.
來吧,出來,當心頭
All right, come on, Mike,
好了,來吧,麥克
One, two, one, two, buddy.
一二一,一二一
Now, you wait there one second.
你先在這兒等一會兒
We're gonna work this whole thing out, okay, Mikey?
我們會好好處理的,好嗎,老麥
What do we do now?
我們現在怎么辦
Grief -- it's a bitch.
喪子之痛
He couldn't live with it -Matt dying the way he did.
馬特死于非命,讓他難以承受
It's too much for the old man.
老麥痛不欲生
So Mikey here decided to eat his gun.
所以決定飲槍自盡
It's tragic, but anyone could see this coming.
真是太悲劇了,但是沒有人會懷疑
He's drinking himself to death.
他本來就醉得只有半條命了
We're doing him a favor.
我們就算幫他個忙
Smart. That's what I would have done if I were you.
聰明,如果是我的話也會這么做
Mike, I...
麥克,我...
You let some things slide and you look the other way.
你選擇睜一只眼閉一只眼
You bust a drug dealer
你逮到一個毒販
that has more cash than you'll ever earn in a lifetime.
繳獲的現金你一輩子都掙不到
Some of it doesn't make it back into evidence -- so what?
有些錢沒有被歸入證據上交,那又怎樣
You took a taste. So did everyone else.
你嘗到了甜頭,每個人都嘗到了甜頭
That's how you knew you were safe.
然后你就覺得自己安全了
It's like killing Caesar -- everyone's guilty.
就像刺殺凱撒,其實每個人都有份
Matt wasn't dirty.
馬特沒有拿臟錢
I was.
我拿了
Everyone was in that precinct.
那個轄區每個人都拿了
That's how it worked.
我們就是這樣辦事的
You turn in your buddy, you're screwing yourself.
供出你的同伴,等于自尋死路
You go along to get along.
你只能隨波逐流
And you went along.
你隨波逐流了
I did.
是的
Yeah.
是啊
I did.
是的
Okay. But you said Matt didn't.
可你說馬特沒有
No.
對
Not Matt.
不是馬特
Fensky got to Hoffman early --
芬斯基早就找上霍夫曼
kickbacks from some gang or another --
他們向幫派收取回扣
protection, basically.
也就是保護費
And Hoffman went to Matty and offered to cut him in.
霍夫曼來找馬蒂想拉他下水
Only fair, right? They were partners.
挺公平的,不是嗎,他們是搭檔
And Matt did what you would think --
而馬特的反應和你想的一樣...
He agonized.
他很糾結
And then he came to me,
然后他來找我
wanted to go to the I.A.,
說要去找內務部
do the right thing, shut 'em down.
伸張正義,告發他們
Oh, my God. And you let him?
我的天啊,你讓他去了嗎
That's why he got killed --
這就是他被殺的原因
'Cause he was gonna turn on those guys?
因為他要告發別人是嗎
No. No.
不,不是
I told him...
我對他說...
You know what a cop fears most?
你知道警察最怕什么嗎
More than getting shot, more than anything?
勝過被槍殺,勝過一切
Prison --
是坐牢
Getting locked up with everybody you put away.
跟你以前逮捕的人關在一起
You threaten a cop with that, you make him dangerous,
拿這個威脅一個警察,會讓他不擇手段
and that's what I told him.
我就是這么對他說的
I talked sense.
我跟他講道理
No one was getting hurt.
這樣大家都可以相安無事
But if you go to the I.A.,
可如果你去找內務部
if you even look like you're going...
哪怕你稍微表現出這種想法...
He had a wife, a kid,
他有老婆,有孩子
responsibilities.
有責任
Take the money. Do something good with it.
接受這筆錢,用它做些好事
Well...I tried.
我盡力了
I tried.
我盡力了
But he wouldn't listen.
可他就是聽不進去
My boy was stubborn.
我兒子太倔強了
My boy was strong.
太要強了
And he was gonna get himself killed.
他這樣會把自己逼上死路的
So I told him...
所以我對他說...
I told him I did it, too,
我對他說,我也干過這種事
That I was like Hoffman, getting by,
我和霍夫曼一樣,用卑鄙的手段過活
and that's what you heard that night --
這就是你那晚聽到的那通電話
me talking him down,
我想說服他
him kicking and screaming until the fight went out of him.
他奮力掙扎,最后沒了力氣
He put me up on a pedestal...
他一直把我當作偶像
...and I had to show him
所以我不得不向他坦白
that I was down in the gutter with the rest of them.
我和其他人一樣一身污穢
Broke my boy.
他崩潰了
I broke my boy.
我把我的孩子弄崩潰了
He went to Hoffman, he took the money,
他去找霍夫曼,接受了錢
but he hesitated.
但他猶豫了
Even looking like you're doing the right thing to those two
即便看上去他照他們兩個的吩咐做了
meant that he wasn't solid, that he couldn't be trusted.
他們還是覺得他不可靠,不信任他
I got Matty to take the money.
我讓馬蒂去接受那筆錢
And they killed him two days later.
兩天后他們就殺了他
He was the strongest person that I ever knew.
他是我所知道的最要強的人
He'd have never done it, not even to save himself.
即使是為了保命,他也不會做出這種事
I was the only one --
是我...
I was the only one that could get him to debase himself like that.
只有我能讓他像那樣墮落
And it was for nothing.
結果是徒勞的
I made him lesser.
我讓他變成了懦夫
I made him like me.
變得像我一樣
And the bastards killed him anyway.
到頭來那群混蛋還是殺了他
Hoffman and Fensky...
霍夫曼和芬斯基...
if they killed Matty...
如果馬蒂是他們殺的
Who killed them?
那是誰殺了他們
Pop...what happened?
爸,到底怎么回事
You know what happened.
你知道是怎么回事
The question is...
問題是...
can you live with it?
你能接受嗎