Works every -I'm telling you -- every time.
我給你說,絕對,屢試不爽
No. Do it. Try it.
得了吧, 來,試試
What? Right now? Right here.
什么,現在嗎, 快來
All right, all right.
好吧,那就試試
Kind of.
湊合
Yeah, kind of that. Got to work on it, bro.
還差點,仍需努力啊,哥們
All right, man. Seriously.
好吧, 真差得遠
All right, bro, I'll work on it.
好,我再加把勁
But -- but just, like, when -- when do you, you know...
但... 你一般什么時候...
Right before the cork pops, you know?
就趕在木塞彈開之前
Timing's important, but...
時機的確重要,但
but you don't do it, like, in her ear or nothing.
但你不能沖著她耳朵嚎吧
No, you don't do it in her ear. Because -Yeah.
對,不能沖著耳朵嚎, 沒錯
It's a given you don't do it in her ear.
當然不能對著耳朵吼
But this is, like, scientifically proven, okay?
但這是有科學依據的好嗎
Really? This is, like, prehistoric stuff.
是嗎, 史前就有了
It's like the medulla, the wolf brain. Crazy, man.
人腦的髓質,有狼性, 真神了
The what? It's primitive stuff -- primitive stuff.
什么性, 原始的野性
Okay, all right. Well, let me try it again. Let me try it again.
行,讓我再嚎一次,再試一次
Yeah! Yeah? Nice.
夠勁吧, 不錯
That's the wolf brain.
聽聽哥充滿狼性的怒嚎
Man! This town sucks!
這鬼地方真無趣
Uh, sorry, bro. I know it's yours and everything.
哥們,抱歉在你地盤上大放厥詞
But it's not even 2:00.
但這才不到凌晨兩點啊
Yeah, it does kind of suck.
是啊,確實挺沒勁
Hey, I know this, uh, after-hours place over --
我知道一個...還沒打烊的地兒
a couple blocks off Cermak.
在舍麥路附近
Yeah? You want to hit it?
是嗎, 想去不
Hells yeah! Let's do it.
去,我們走
That's what I'm talking about.
不醉不歸
Okay.
一起來
Not in her ear. All right.
別對著她耳朵就行, 沒錯
Right? Not in her ear. Not in her ear.
是吧, 不對著耳朵就行
Hey, uh, bro, I never did catch your name.
對了,我還不知道你叫啥呢
Saul. Saul?
我叫索爾, 索爾嗎
S'all good, man.
一切都好(索爾·古德曼同音)
Get it?
懂沒
I do. All right, Saul.
懂,好吧,索爾
Hey, hey, brother, whoa.
等等,哥們
Check it out. What is that?
瞧瞧,這是啥
Holy shit.
操
There's got to be at least a thousand bucks in here, man.
這里至少有一千塊呢
Oh, my god. Look at that.
天,中大獎了
Whose is it? Mine.
誰掉的啊, 我的啊
Hey, possession's like 4/10ths of the --
不是說了占有即那啥...
What did you call it, bro?
行話怎么說的
Like, is there an I.D. or...?
里面有身份證啥的沒
Yeah.
有
I don't know. Some fat guy.
不認識,是個胖子
I'm thinking that one.
估計是那個
Let's...
我們...
Jesus. Is he, uh...
天吶, 他是不...
What? Is he, uh...
什么, 他還活...
I don't know.
我咋知道
Hey, fella. You all right?
伙計,你還好嗎
Hey, buddy.
老兄
Hey, would you answer me?
你回個話行不
Hey. Answer this, you butthole.
回個毛,欠操
What? Butthole?
什么,欠操
What...the hell?
搞什么
Hey, uh...hey, bro, be nice, all right?
說話注意點
This guy right here is trying to help you.
他是想幫你呢
Help yourself to some of this, you butthole.
幫個鬼,欠操
Hey. Hey, we're not buttholes, all right?
別一句一個欠操的
So stop saying that. Butt, butthole
閉嘴, 欠操,欠操
Hey, man, what's your problem? Butt, butt
你是不有病啊, 欠欠操
My problem is I'm standing here talking to a couple buttholes.
跟你們兩個欠操的貨嘰歪才有病
Actually, you're not standing, you fat bastard.
你站個鬼,肥仔
You're laying on your fat ass.
肥臀墊地你沒感覺嗎
Hey, I'll roundhouse-kick you right in your head.
信不信哥一個回旋踢爆了你的頭
And if you think I won't,
信不信
I'll come to the McDonald's, where you work.
哥去你打工的麥當勞
I'll buy... the whole damn place.
買下那...破地方
And I'll fire you.
然后把你炒了
I'll say, "Drop your mops, you buttholes, 'cause you're fired."
跟你說, "拖把撂了,你被炒了"
And then I'll roundhouse-kick you
然后我再一個回旋踢
right in your stupid heads.
正中你那豬頭
Then I'll go "John"-Claude Van Damme on you...
之后哥再給你來個"約"格·云頓的招牌動作
You butthole.
你個欠操的
I'm keeping the money.
他的錢哥留下了
Here you go, fatty.
空錢包給你,肥子
I got dibs on that watch, man.
手上那塊表歸我了
Let me see that.
讓我看看
What kind is it?
什么牌子的
I don't know. It's just a watch.
不知道,就是塊表
We got to get out of here, man.
我們走吧
What kind of watch is it?
表什么牌子的
It's -I don't know. It's...
是...我也不知道
Well, then, let me look at it.
讓我看看
It's a damn Rolex.
這可是塊勞力士呢
Oh. I don't know.
我又不懂
Not cool to be greedy, bro.
做人可不能這么黑心
Uh, I don't -I didn't know. Not cool.
我先前不知道, 不厚道
I di-I didn't know what...
我不知道這是...
So, how do you want to split this up?
咱倆怎么分
I'll tell you what -- you keep the cash.
這樣吧,錢歸你
I'll just keep the watch.
手表歸我了
But the -- it's worth like 3 grand, man.
可是,這表可值三千塊,老兄
$3,000 easy.
輕輕松松三千塊
No. Yeah.
放屁, 真的
Come on, now. Let's figure this out. We got to get out of here.
這樣吧,我們先搞清楚再走
All right, yeah. You're right.
好吧,依你
You know what? I...sweeten the pot.
這樣,我再給你加點錢
I got, uh, $5, $20, $40, $60, $80
我這有五,二十,四十,八十
580 bucks.
一共五百八十塊
Add that to the $1,000 --
加上錢包里的一千塊
it's more than half.
可以買半塊手表了
What do you know about that thing?
那可說不準
I mean, is it worth more than $3,000?
這表應該不止三千塊吧
No, I don't -I don't know. But we're good, right?
我不知道,就這樣了啊
Yeah? We good? Okay? Well...
就這么定了,沒意見吧, 好吧...
Later, sucker!
回見,二貨
Six left.
還剩六塊
Can we get more?
還能再多搞幾塊嗎
God, I hope so.
但愿如此吧
It's like a license to print money.
來錢全不費功夫啊
A thing of beauty.
絕對的美差
Hey, what was that, uh, crazy stuff about roundhouse kicks?
你怎么想到回旋踢那一出的
Where the hell did you get that?
哪來的靈感
I don't know, man.
我不知道
Just something in my brain, you know?
這想法早就有了
It just came out. Too much?
就這樣涌了出來,太過了嗎
No. I loved it.
不,甚合我意
It was, like, deep or something.
只是感覺略有深意
You want to talk about brilliant?
論功績的話
I mean, we -- you're the man.
我們兩個當中,你才是主力
Me -I'm just -I love watching you work, man.
至于我,我喜歡欣賞你干活
It's good for making beer money -- that's about all.
也就賺點啤酒錢,僅此而已
Please, okay? No one has to know.
拜托,沒人會知道的
I mean, you could just pretend you didn't find us.
你可以裝作根本沒找到我們
I -- we would never tell anyone, would we, Craig?
我們絕不告訴任何人,是吧克雷格
No, absolutely not. No.
對,絕對不說, 不會的
I already called your lawyer.
我已經給你們的律師打過電話了
Besides, this little family outing of yours --
另外,你們一家這樣一走
it's put an innocent man in jail.
已經讓一個無辜的人坐了牢
The cops are investigating this as a kidnapping.
警察正把這案子當作綁架案來調查
They already rounded up some poor suspect.
他們已經抓到了一個倒霉的嫌疑人
A -- a-a working-class guy. Father...I think.
工薪階級,好像還是個父親
But anyway, you two -- you almost ruined someone's life --
不管怎么說,你倆已經毀了某人的人生
Potentially several someones.
也許是很多人的人生
I -- we had no idea.
我們真不知道這些
Could this have been the person in the van?
會不會是貨車里那個人
What if the man they arrested is the one we were warned about?
如果他們抓到的人正好是警告里說的那人呢
Yeah, maybe he's not so innocent, hmm?
這樣看來,他可能也沒那么無辜
Uh, warned? Warned how?
警告,怎么回事
Well, we had a phone call -- someone disguising their voice.
我們接到一個電話,有人用假嗓音打的
Yeah, they said someone was coming for us.
他們說有人要找我們麻煩
And there was a van outside the house... yep.
我家外面還停著一輛貨車
...as if whoever was inside was watching us.
好像有人在車里監視著我們
And, uh, once that drove off,
所以,車一開走
We...did what we did for the kids. The kids.
我們為了孩子就這樣做了, 為了孩子
I-I-I wouldn't know about any of that.
我不知道有這回事
I just...
我只是...
I can assure you that you and your family are safe.
我可以向你們保證,你和家人很安全
I mean, the police are all over this thing, so...
現在警察已經全權介入,所以
It -- it doesn't matter. Uh, we can't just go back.
不是這個問題,我們不能就這么回去
I mean, it's -- our case. They'll crucify Craig.
是案子的問題,他們不會放過克雷格的
Can't you just call Ms. Wexler again?
你能再給韋克斯勒小姐打個電話嗎
You know, tell her you didn't see us after all.
就說你其實根本沒看到我們
If they think I ran away,
如果他們認為我是逃跑的
it'll look like I did something wrong.
肯定會懷疑我
Yeah, and we can't risk losing everything
我們不能冒風險
just because of some teensy mistake.
因為一點小錯誤就失去一切
I mean, it's... Can I ask you something?
這真的... 我能問你們點事嗎
What -- what were you hoping would happen?
你們本來是怎么希望的
I mean, before I found you, what were you planning to do?
在我找到你們之前,你們有什么打算
Well, we were in the process of, you know, working that out...
我們還在...考慮
We were working that out. -...When you, um... we were--
還在考慮... 然后你就...
All right, well, uh,
好吧
you still got a little bit of maneuverability, all right?
天無絕人之路
You -- you're outdoorsy, right?
你們愛好野外活動,對吧
So you went on an impromptu camping trip.
所以你們就來了一場說走就走的野營
I don't know. It's something people do, apparently.
人有時候就是這么任性
Uh, you left the house a mess,
你們把家里搞得一團亂
and you kicked in your own front door
把自家前門踹開
because it's a free country.
因為這是個自由國度
Kim Wexler is very good. She'll make it work.
金·韋克斯勒很厲害,她能讓人信服
Yeah, what -- what about the money?
那,錢怎么辦
Uh, well, if she knows about it, she'll tell, right?
如果她知道了錢的事,她一定會上報吧
I mean, she'll have to tell.
我是說她不得不上報吧
Well, like they say in Silicon Valley,
就像硅谷人說的那樣
"It's not a bug -- it's a feature."
"那不是故障,是產品特色"
Did you ever hear of a bargaining chip?
聽說過可以放棄的談判籌碼嗎
Well, what we have right here
我們面前的這一堆
is the mother of all bargaining chips.
就是可放棄的籌碼
Um, as in...you expect us to give this back?
你是想讓我們把錢上交
We are not giving this back.
我們不會把錢交回去的
Uh, we are not guilty. This money belongs to us.
我們沒有罪,這錢是我們應得的
We ea-- well, I mean, Craig earned it.
是我們,是克雷格賺到的
I worked very hard...
我很努力地工作
...You know, weekends and holidays...
我周末,節假日都在工作
...All unpaid. All unpaid, always.
總是白做工, 白做工,一直都是
And -- and, really, just because you're salaried
雖然給我們發了工資
doesn't mean you don't deserve overtime.
那也不能不給加班費啊
I-I think that's only fair.
我覺得這樣才公平
I mean, really, that's what this is about, right?
沒錯,就是這個問題
Yeah. Fairness. Fairness, right.
事關公平二字, 沒錯,公平
I mean, not just what's legal.
這不光是合不合法的問題
If you want to talk about legal, slavery --
要說合法,你看奴隸制
that used to be legal -- human slavery, so...
以前蓄奴還合法呢
Yeah, this is right up there with that.
是這么回事哈
Please, just don't tell anyone about the money.
求你了,別告訴任何人這筆錢的事
I can't take a bribe. Who would know?
我不能受賄, 誰知道啊
We won't tell anyone. Yeah, take it.
我們對誰也不說, 是啊,拿著吧
I can't take it.
那也不行
Please. Didn't you say that you wanted to help us?
拿著吧,你剛才不是說想幫我們嗎
So just pretend you never saw the money. How hard is that?
你就假裝從沒見過這錢,這不難吧
Take it.
快拿著
Take it.
拿著啊
I can't -I can't take a bribe.
我...我真的不能拿
But you know what?
不過
I can-I can take a retainer.
我可以把它當預付金
A retainer?
預付金
Yeah, for my services -- as your lawyer?
對,我當你們的律師,你們給我預付金啊
You're not our lawyer. Well, not yet.
你并不是我們的律師, 現在還不是而已
Look...I know that HHM is shiny and it's slick
我知道,哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所光鮮亮麗
and it's chock-full of lawyers
里面的律師一抓一大把
and, compared to them, I'm like a --
和他們相比,我就像個
a kiddy lemonade stand trying to compete with Wal-mart.
賣檸檬水的小攤,企圖和沃爾瑪競爭
But here's the thing -- what are you gonna get from me
但是,我能為你們提供的服務
that you're not gonna get from those other guys?
別人都無法提供
Passion, commitment.
比如我的熱情與專注
Ask yourself this -- who found you?
你們自己想想看,是誰找到你們的
I don't see Howard Hamlin
我可沒看到霍華德·哈姆林
ruining his $300 Gucci loafers out here.
穿著他三百塊的古馳皮鞋來這兒找你們
If you're with me, you're my number-one client.
如果請我,那二位就是我的頭號委托人
Morning, noon, or night, you call me -I'm there.
不管早中晚給我打電話,我隨時待命
I would be singularly devoted to you.
我將會全心全意為你們服務
But why not?
不行嗎,為什么
I'm sorry.
對不起
You're just...the...
因為你...
Just...I'm what?
我怎么了
You're the kind of lawyer guilty people hire.
有罪的人才找你當律師
Did it make the paper?
上報紙了嗎
What?
什么
Did it make the paper?
那案子上報紙了嗎
Did what make the paper?
什么案子上報紙
Okay, well, probably missed the deadline,
好吧,看來是錯過截稿期了
But check it out tomorrow morning -- front page.
你明早再看,肯定在頭版頭條
The Kettlemans, all four of them --
凱特爾曼一家四口
Safe and sound.
安然無恙
Looks like you called it. Yeah.
都讓你說中了, 嗯
Camping -- you know, pretty much right in their own backyard --
他們當時在野營,就在他家后院里
Well 5 miles above it.
不對,離他家后院還有五英里
Jesus.
我的天
The night I had. I got pine nuts in my shoes.
那晚真糟糕,我鞋里都是松子
But, I mean, can you believe it?
我是說,這事也太難以置信了
I-I guess you can.
好吧,你肯定不覺得奇怪
It's just, you know,
我就是覺得吧
you assume that criminals are gonna be smarter than they are.
本以為罪犯要比他們看起來聰明得多
I don't know.
我真搞不懂
It kind of breaks my heart a little.
這事還真讓我小難過了一把
Not the loquacious sort, are you?
看你不怎么愛說話啊
We can't all be as blessed as you.
不是所有人都像你巧舌如簧
Well, thanks for your help.
多謝你那天幫我
Don't mention it.
沒什么
And, uh, if you ever need any assistance...
那個,你要是需要幫忙的話...
Why is my client in handcuffs?
怎么把我的委托人給銬上了
This man is innocent. He's a victim.
他是無辜的,是受害人
Why -- why on earth would he be cuffed?
他怎么能戴手銬呢
Just go -- go ahead. Take them off. There you go.
快把手銬摘下來,這下好了
Free at last!
你自由了
Hey, did he tell you the good news?
他告訴你那個好消息了嗎
Never even kidnapped -- how about that?
根本不是什么綁架,怎么樣
A family can't go on a little vacation
全城不戒備一下
without the whole city going on lockdown?
人家都不能去野營了是吧
By the way, where is your partner?
對了,你那搭檔在哪
What -- did you lose the coin toss?
你倆扔硬幣你輸了是吧
Because we expect an apology from him, as well as you.
我們要他來道歉,你也得道歉
You really don't want to push your luck with me, scumbag.
你個傻逼,少在這兒得寸進尺
You got eyes on you, asshole.
還有你這混蛋,我們可盯著你呢
One little slip -- just one.
你要再敢犯事,就等著瞧吧
Yeah, well, you're -- you're both very pretty, so...
好好好,你們牛氣,行了吧
Well...
那個...
I believe I did more than what you asked of me,
你讓我做的我做了,沒讓的我也做了
So, uh, that would make us square, yes?
咱倆這下互不相欠了吧
Great.
那就好
You need a ride?
要不要我搭你一程
Camping?
野營
You expect me to believe that shit?
你覺得我會信這種鬼話嗎
Yeah, I know it.
我知道你不信
The things people do, huh?
可是人們有時是這樣
They decide to go camping
我前腳和你說好那事
right after I run my little offer by you?
他們后腳就跑出去野營
Could be argued that all of life is one great coincidence.
生活本來就充滿了巧合啊
Somebody told those people to, um, go camping.
一定是有人讓他們去"野營"
Somebody warned them.
那人給他們提了個醒
They're very woodsy.
他們本來就愛往林子里鉆
And between you and me,
而且說實話
they're pretty rash when it comes to the decision-making.
他們屬于做決定十分沖動的人
I mean, they're not really the plan-ahead types.
并不是真正懂得深謀遠慮的人
Yeah, I'd cut the cute attitude right about now
如果我是你,就趕緊把那油腔滑調
if I were you.
收起來
You ratted on me. There will be consequences.
你出賣了我,是會付出代價的
Hey, if somebody warned the Kettlemans,
如果有人警告了凱特爾曼一家
it was probably somebody who was worried about those kids.
那也是因為擔心那兩個孩子
You know how much trouble you caused me?
你知道你給我惹了多大的麻煩嗎
You didn't need any help getting caught, okay?
你被抓住可不是我害得
The neighbor ID'd you. You were sloppy.
鄰居認出了你,是你大意了
Any trouble you might have -- that's on you.
不管惹了多大麻煩,都是你自找的
Not to mention the blood in your van.
更別提你車里的血跡了
Here's a thought -Ajax, Formula 409!
你就不能用點清潔劑嗎
You have no idea the tap-dance I had
你根本不知道為了讓你出來
to give those cops to get you out of here.
我跟那些警察兜了多少圈子
You gave them probable cause out the wazoo.
是你給他們拱手奉上一大堆疑點
Now, and whoever the somebody is
即使真的有人
who may have warned the Kettlemans got them out of there
警告了凱特爾曼一家,讓他們離開
before you did anything even more stupid.
你才因此沒有做出更蠢的事
You should be thanking this good samaritan.
那你也應該感謝那個好心人
Because whoever he is, he did you a favor.
因為不管那人是誰,他幫了你的忙
Okay, um, I'm thinking hourly here.
我們來按小時計費
There were some special circumstances,
由于出現了一些特殊情況
so our elite-tier pricing
所以我們的貴賓價
would be...$950 an hour.
為每小時九百五十美元
Round it off to 20 hours.
總計二十個小時
$19,000...
一萬九千美元
Plus $1,000 for travel expenses.
再加上一千美元差旅費
Consulting fees -- $1,500.
咨詢費一千五百美元
And, uh, research...
調研費用
Five for filing fees.
立案費五千
I ate on the road.
外出餐補
And storage fees.
還有保管費
Miscellaneous expenses.
各種雜費
Upon this rock, I will build my church.
我要把我的教會建造在這磐石上
Double-breasted or single, sir?
要雙排扣還是單排,先生
Single. Now, I want you to cut the armholes high, okay?
單排,我希望你把袖孔開高一些
Of course. And, uh, trim through the middle -- trim.
當然, 還有中間要修身一些,修身型
Cloth?
要什么布料的
Uh, oh, well, uh, wool.
羊毛
Yeah. Uh...
對了
"Super 170 Tasmanian wool."
"特級170塔斯馬尼亞羊毛"
Beautiful choice, sir. Thanks.
很好的選擇,先生, 謝謝
Navy, all right?
海軍藍,好嗎
Oh, that's it. Perfect. Pinstripe.
就是它,非常好,細條紋的
Shall we discuss shirts?
是不是該討論襯衫了
Okay, I'm gonna need your finest sea island cotton
好,我要你們這里最好的海島棉面料
with a white club collar and french cuffs.
白色圓角領和翻邊袖口
I have the very thing.
我這里正好有
And I'm assuming you want to see some ties?
我認為你還想看看領帶吧
Yeah, I was, you know, picturing something in a --
對,我預想差不多應該是
a light-blue knit.
淺藍色的針織領帶
Oh, and, uh, could you make sure
還有請確保
those are real mother-of-pearl buttons on the shirts, okay?
襯衫上是真正的珍珠母紐扣,好嗎
None of this fake plastic crap.
不要那些假的塑料玩意
Of course. I'll be right back.
當然,我馬上回來
Some coffee, David, for the gentleman?
給這位先生倒杯咖啡,大衛
Here we are.
找到了
Shall we?
要試試嗎
Yeah, let's go.
好,來吧
So, um, what do you think?
你怎么想
"Strawberry fields forever"? Mm.
"永遠的草莓地"色嗎, 對
No. Are you crazy?
不對,你瘋了嗎
N-not even close. Yes, it is.
邊都沾不上, 是一樣的
Look. No, no.
看啊, 不不
It's way more "Sassafras glow" -- way more.
"閃亮黃樟色"更像,像多了
Use your eyes -Strawberry Fields Forever.
好好看看,就是"永遠的草莓地"色
Ladies, back me up. Hey. Is it -- sassafras glow.
女士們,幫我看看,這是"閃亮黃樟色"
Am I right? -Yeah. No.
我對嗎, 對,不對
Maybe "Rhapsody in blonde," but...yeah, see?
或者"金色狂想曲" 不過,看到了嗎
They agree with me.
她們同意我說的
Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?
人們不是常說"顧客永遠是對的"嗎
Sassafras glow -- mix it up, all right?
閃亮黃樟色,去配吧,好嗎
You're wrong. You'll see.
你錯了,你會看到的
Big deal. I'll wash it out in the morning.
那有什么關系,大不了我明早洗掉
No biggie. Geez. It's bleach.
多大點事啊, 這是漂發
It doesn't wash out. What?
洗不掉的, 什么
It's permanent?
是永久性的嗎
We'll photoshop the color, okay?
那我們還是直接修圖吧
Change of plan, ladies.
計劃有變,女士們
I want to go with a simple curling-iron job, okay?
我只要做簡單的燙卷
Uh, give me, like, ringlets --
給我做那種小卷發
You know, on top, like Tony Curtis in "Spartacus."
就像《斯巴達克斯》里面托尼·柯蒂斯那種
Yeah, like the bath scene in "Spartacus."
對,就像《斯巴達克斯》里浴室那場戲那樣
Okay. "I am Spartacus."
對,那個"我是斯巴達克斯"
Stop talking about it!
別再議論了
Make me beautiful, already.
快讓我變漂亮
Hello.
喂
You've reached the law offices of James M. McGill, esquire,
這里是詹姆斯·M·麥吉爾先生的律所
a lawyer you can trust.
一位值得你信賴的律師
Kindly leave your information at the tone,
請在響聲后留下你的信息
and Mr. McGill will phone you promptly.
麥吉爾先生會盡快給你回電
Hey. Uh...it's me.
是我
Anyway, uh, "The Thing" is playing downtown on Saturday.
《怪形》這周六上映
Thought you might be up for some Kurt Russell action.
我覺著你應該會喜歡庫特·拉塞爾的表演
I owe you one, so why don't we just grab some dinner first?
我欠你個人情,那要不先吃晚飯
My treat.
我請
And...uh, you know, if not,
要是...你不想來的話
can you give me a call anyway?
也給我回個電話好嗎
I really want to talk to you.
我真的很想跟你談談
Okay. Uh, bye.
就這樣,再見
Come in.
請進
How goes it?
事情怎么樣了
Tricky, for sure.
有點棘手
Craig and Betsy really put us in a corner with the police,
克雷格和貝茜讓我們在警察面前的處境很不妙
Not to mention the press.
更不用說媒體方面了
But this camping story of theirs --
但是,他們的野營一說
they've been keeping it consistent, at least.
倒是編的無懈可擊
If it's okay with you,
如果你同意的話
I think I should try to talk them into hiring a P.R. Firm --
我覺得應該勸他們雇一家公關公司
certainly for the next couple of weeks.
應付接下來的幾周
So, okay on the P.R. Firm?
所以,你同意嗎
Do you have a minute? Yeah, of course.
你現在有空嗎, 當然有
What's up?
有什么事嗎
Take a ride with me.
跟我出去兜個風
Uh, okay. Uh... where are we going?
好的,可是,去哪里兜
Shit.
操
Yep.
是啊
That's...I mean, that's my suit, right?
他穿的是...我的西裝,對吧
Am I crazy here?
是我瘋了嗎
No, you're not crazy.
你沒瘋
Look at the logo. That's our logo.
你看那個標志,那是我們的商標
He's just straight-up copying us.
他根本就是在抄襲我們
I mean, what the hell is he thinking with this?
他腦子里到底在想什么啊
I really -- h-h-he's, you know, a free spirit.
我真的,他...他行事不羈
Yeah, that's one way to put it.
說的也是
You two are still friends, right?
你倆還是朋友對吧
I wouldn't exactly -- You talk, though.
關系不是很, 但還是能說上話的
Not...really --
不...怎么說
Still, you're the one he called
但他找到凱特爾曼一家
when he found the Kettlemans camped halfway up the Sandias.
在桑迪亞斯露營的時候,他打電話給你了
He was just looking out for his own client -- that's all.
他只是想為自己的委托人開脫罷了
This isn't the Third Degree, Kim.
金,我不是嚴刑逼供你
I-I really don't care one way or the other.
我...我不在乎你們倆關系好不好
I just...
我只是...
He's really forcing my hand here.
他這么做太狠了
Am I interrupting?
我打擾到你了嗎
Not at all. Perfect timing. Come on.
沒有,來得正好,來來
Sit.
請坐
Have a massage, free of charge.
做個按摩吧,免費的
Okay. Got to try the foot bath, too.
好啊, 這個足浴也要體驗一下
Give the old dogs a rest.
這把老骨頭終于可以歇歇了
A-and go for the deep-tissue setting. Otherwise --
要調到深度按摩模式,不然的話
Is that the small fist?
是這個小的嗎
Use the -- it's three arrows.
你得用那個,三個箭頭那檔
I did. I pressed it. Just -- yeah.
是啊,我按了那個, 就,對了
Now you feel it? Good.
你現在感覺到了嗎,好吧
Now relax, okay? Okay.
現在放松試試, 好的
You deserve a break today.
你得休息一下犒勞自己
It's very nice. Told you.
真的很舒服, 我早說過了
I get this free every night --
我每晚都能免費享受
Just one of the perks of salon living.
這就是住在美容院里的好處之一
The others being... Free cucumber water, obviously.
其他好處是, 你看,有免費黃瓜水喝
Obviously. Free mani-pedis?
當然,有免費的修甲嗎
Deep discount mani-pedis.
修甲享超低折扣
Because the ladies still got to eat, you know?
畢竟人家還是要吃飯的
Well, it's still a deal.
好吧,那還是不錯的
Living like a king, then.
看來你活得很滋潤啊
What's this? Is this a cease and desist?
這是什么,是禁止令嗎
Yeah. Yeah.
是的, 好吧
How pissed was he?
他有多生氣
Well, his head didn't actually explode,
至少頭沒氣炸
But, you know, pretty damn pissed...
但是,還是氣得夠嗆
...like "This won't end well for you" pissed.
直罵"你肯定沒好下場"這種
How about that? Jimmy.
那又如何, 吉米
This is serious. I know.
這不是鬧著玩的, 我知道
Do you? I mean, Yeah.
你真的知道嗎, 當然
what the hell is with that billboard?
那塊廣告板到底是怎么回事啊
I know you have a problem with Hamlin, but I
我知道你跟哈姆林過不去,但我
I just don't get your angle here.
我不懂你那是什么意思
Aren't you trying to build your own law practice?
你不是要建自己的律所嗎
Instead, you're spending god knows how much money
但你現在花了一大筆錢
turning yourself into a little Hamlin clone.
把自己變成了哈姆林翻版
I mean...why are you making this personal?
你干嘛要針對他
It's not personal. It is so personal.
沒有針對他, 明明就是
It is completely and totally personal.
這完完全全就是針對他
No, no, no. It's not. No. Yes. Yes, it is.
不,都說了不是了, 是,明明就是
Stop trying to pretend.
別再裝了
I can advertise, can't I?
我就不能做廣告了嗎
What, do I have to clear everything
什么,難道我做什么事都要
Past the great and powerful Howard? Yes,
經過萬能的霍華德同意嗎, 對
you can advertise, Jimmy, all you want.
你可以做廣告,吉米,隨你
That billboard is not advertising.
但那廣告牌不是廣告宣傳
That is a declaration of war.
那是宣戰
Declaration of war? That's...
宣戰,那...
It's right at Hamlin's exit.
它就在哈姆林出口
You know he drives by it every day.
你知道他每天都開車從那過
It's business. I'm building a brand.
那是生意,我在創建一個品牌
You're ripping off a brand.
你是剽竊別人的品牌
There is nothing original in that ad.
那個廣告里一點原創的東西也沒有
It certainly doesn't represent Jimmy McGill.
它絕對代表不了吉米·麥吉爾
Hey, all right, now, he fired the first shot, okay?
你聽好了,是他打響了第一槍
Trying to keep me from using my name, my own name, Kim?
不許我用我自己的名字,金
I get that.
我理解
But this... you're better than this.
但,你可以做得更好
I'm better than this? Yeah.
我可以做得更好, 對
I'm better than this? Yes.
我可以做得更好, 對
I'm better? You are.
我更好, 對
Well, you're better than that schmuck Hamlin!
你比那個蠢哈姆林強
Oh, come on, Jimmy. You -- hey.
拜托,吉米, 你...
Come on. You could work anywhere.
拜托, 你可以在任何地方工作
You could be somewhere where they appreciate you --
你可以在欣賞你的公司工作
You know, where they see how valuable you are,
在能看到你價值的公司工作
Where -I don't know -- maybe they care about you?!
他們會關心你
Forget it, okay?
別想了,好嗎
If Hamlin wants to come after me,
如果哈姆林要對付我
he knows where I am.
他知道我在哪
I'll be ready, guns blazing.
我會準備好,全副武裝
The cease and desist is just the beginning.
禁止令只是個開始
The next step is an injunction.
下一步就是強制令
You can't win this fight.
這場戰爭你是贏不了的
Your honor, I'm a humble solo practitioner,
法官大人,我是卑微的個體律師
merely trying to ply my trade
只想在這個充滿競爭
in an aggressive and evolving marketplace.
且日新月異的市場里有一席之地
As I've argued repeatedly, this is trademark infringement.
正如我不斷重申的,這是商標侵權
Mr. McGill's new logo is an absolute copy of ours.
麥吉爾先生的新商標完全是抄我們的
I think it falls firmly under fair use.
我認為這是合理使用
Fair use?
合理使用
You're clearly profiting, so fair use doesn't apply.
你明顯從中獲利,這不是合理使用
It -- there are only so many fonts out there.
字體就那么幾種
Does Mr. Hamlin outright own them all?
難道都屬于哈姆林先生嗎
No, but we've been using this particular font
不,但我們用這種字體
for 12 years now, and it,
已經十二年了
in concert with our tri-rectangle graphic
還有我們的三矩形圖案
and hamlindigo blue, constitutes a trademarked brand identifier.
和哈姆林靛藍,共同組成了注冊商標
Whoa, whoa. Back up.
等等,你說啥
Hamlindigo blue?
哈姆林靛藍
Yes.
對
That is our trademarked name.
那是我們注冊的名字
Holy crap.
天啊
You seriously named a color "Hamlindigo"?
你真的管一個顏色叫"哈姆林靛藍"
That is -- yikes.
真是,哇
"Yikes"? From the man dressed exactly like me.
"哇" 從一個穿著和我一樣的人嘴里冒出來
Your honor, I feel like
法官大人,我感覺
I'm in the mirror routine with Groucho Marx,
我在和格勞喬·馬克思做鏡子表演
like we should be standing, waving our arms at each other.
我們應該站著,向對方揮手
Really? I don't see it.
真的嗎,我可看不出來
In addition, the name McGill appears in both logos,
另外,出現在兩個商標上的名字麥吉爾
which, I believe, Mr. McGill is hoping
我認為,麥吉爾先生是想
to further confuse potential clients.
讓潛在客戶更加迷惑
So I can't advertise under my own name now?
所以我連自己的名字都不能用嗎
I'm to be penalized 'cause I happen to
就因為恰巧和他們律所的一個合伙人
share a name with one of HHM's partners?
名字相同,就要被處罰嗎
You can't take my name from me.
你不能不讓我用自己的名字
The name is not the problem here, Mr. McGill.
名字不是現在的問題,麥吉爾先生
Uh, Mr. Hamlin certainly seems to think so.
哈姆林先生顯然認為是問題
I mean, he wants me to change my name 'cause he claims that --
他想讓我改名,因為他聲稱
that -- what -- it's some kind of threat to his business?
這對他的事業造成了一些威脅
Your honor. This is restraint of trade, okay?
法官大人,這是貿易管制
Whatever happened to the free market, huh?
現在不是自由市場嗎
No, Hamlin here wants you to tell --
不,哈姆林是想告訴你...
Okay, Okay, I've—enough. Mr. McGill, I've heard enough.
好,夠了,麥吉爾先生,我聽夠了
All right, yes, you are within your rights
好,你有權利
to advertise using your own name.
用你自己名字做廣告
However, in my estimation, the billboard clearly
但是,根據我的判斷,這個廣告牌明顯
and intentionally duplicates elements
有意抄襲了
of the Hamlin Hamlin & McGill logo.
哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所的商標
You're actively copying their established brand
你是主動抄襲他們已成立的品牌
for your own gain.
謀求個人利益
I don't see any other reasonable explanation.
我不認為還有其他合理解釋
Your honor, I -- Jimmy, Jimmy.
法官大人,我... 吉米,吉米
Wise up.
放聰明點
The billboard must come down within 48 hours.
這個廣告牌必須在四十八小時內拆除
This is a classic David vs. Goliath story.
這就是經典的弱者對巨人的故事
I mean, you got your gigantic law firm
他憑借自己龐大的律所
stomping all over the little guy.
踐踏所有小公司
Yeah, but it's investigative journalism at its best.
對,但這都可以算做黑幕報道了
I-it's right up your alley. Uh-huh.
這正是你的拿手好戲
Yeah, o-okay, well, let me give you my cell just in case...
好吧,我把我的號碼給你,如果...
Uh -- yeah. Thank you.
好,謝謝
Can I get the news desk, please?
請接新聞采編部
I got a hot tip.
我有個大爆料
Don't you want to be the station that brought down big law?
你難道不想成為搞倒大律所的電視臺嗎
You could be like the reporters that brought down big tobacco.
你可以像那些搞倒大煙草公司的記者一樣
Look, I'm talking Woodward and Bernstein here.
就像伍德沃德和伯恩斯坦揭露水門事件那樣
Hey, your exposé on predatory ATM fees -- that was... wow!
你關于自動取款機亂收費的曝光,非常棒
Well, it's a miscarriage of justice,
這是誤判
and I think your viewers would be very, very interested
我覺得你們的讀者會非常樂意
and, uh, grateful to you for exposing this injustice.
并感激你曝光這種不公正行為
I wouldn't characterize this as a community health risk,
我覺得這沒危及到社區健康
but it's definitely in the community interest.
但肯定跟社區利益有關
No, yes,
不,沒錯
HHM is a pillar of the community, yes.
哈姆林麥吉爾聯合律所是社區支柱
No, I -- the war is an important story, as well.
不,斗爭也是很重要的故事
That's why this action is so egregious.
所以這種行為很過分
Sure. Okay.
當然,行
Well, at least consider the human-interest angle here.
至少要報導地有點人情味
Are you kidding?
你在逗我嗎
It's -- lawyer pulls himself up by his bootstraps,
律師自己白手起家
only to be ground under the heel of the old-money megafirm?
結果被家族大律所踩在腳下
That's Hearts and Minds! You -- hello?
那是《心靈與智慧》的情節,喂
Yeah, I have your number, too, so...
是,我也有你的號碼
Yeah, I see.
我懂了
Okay.
行
Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, man.
別,別,別碰,伙計
Can't touch the goods.
什么都別碰
I signed the form -- only I can touch the camera.
我填了表,只有我能碰攝像機
Fine, may I suggest you widen the frame to include --
行,我建議你擴大畫面
The billboard is the story, okay?
廣告牌才是故事主角
No, I'm also the story, so...got to get me in there.
我也是故事主角,我也得在里面
Okay, so, get on your mark.
站在標記上
You know, uh, no offense to your minutes of experience,
我對你捉襟見肘的攝影經驗沒意見
but I'd like to see what we got before we do this, okay?
但開始之前我還是得看看
Other guy.
那家伙
Other guy.
那家伙
Only other guy that's here, go stand where I was standing.
說的就是你,站在我剛站的地方
Uh...shrink down. Shrink down.
蹲一點,蹲一點
You know, scrunch. Yeah.
矮一點,好了
Okay, widen the frame. Get the billboard.
擴大畫面,把廣告牌拍進來
Okay, now get me. Me, me, me, me, me.
好,然后拍我,我,我
No. Not me -- get him. He's me. Yeah, like that.
不是我,拍他,他就是我,就這樣
Got it? Yeah.
明白嗎, 明白
Good.
很好
Okay. Is he in the shot?
好,他在鏡頭里嗎
No. Dude, just go.
沒有,開始吧
How do I look? Great.
我怎么樣, 很好看
I'll, uh -- no, this is my good side.
我,不,我這邊比較好看
Is, uh -- is the billboard in? Yes!
廣告牌拍進來了嗎, 是的
Jesus, just -- you said $100 for one hour, not fricking 3.
你說一百美元一小時,不是他媽的三小時
You clearly have a journalistic impulse.
你明顯有記者的沖動
You're a real go-getter, you know that?
你真積極,你知道嗎
Go get this.
快拍
All right, count me down.
好,我倒數
In 5, 4, 3...
五,四,三
Gravitas.
要嚴肅
I'm James McGill.
我是詹姆斯·麥吉爾
Like most Americans, I'm a self-made man.
和許多美國人一樣,我自力更生
I put myself through law school.
通過自己努力從法律學校畢業
Working in the courts as a public defender,
在法庭當公設辯護律師
I represented those with nowhere else to turn.
我代理過很多無路可走的人
I believe in service. It's what I've built my career on.
我相信司法體系,這是我事業的基礎
But I've also had a dream, a dream that many of us have --
但我也有夢想,很多人共有的夢想
a dream to own my own business.
自己創業的夢想
Well, I-I scrimped and I saved, and finally,
我精打細算,省吃儉用,終于
I was able to buy one billboard...
我買得起那個廣告位了
...A tiny foray into advertising for my fledgling law firm.
能給我剛開的律所打個小廣告
I've always been told
大家總說
that America is the land of opportunity,
美國遍地是機會
and I believed it...until today.
直到今天我還深信不疑
Not 24 hours after my billboard went up,
但廣告牌豎起來還不到二十四小時
a large law firm came after me.
一家大公司就對我窮追不舍
They said that I was hurting their business.
他們說我損害了他們的生意
They're rich. They're powerful. I'm just...one man.
他們有錢有勢,但我只是一個普通人
So, who do you think the courts sided with?
你覺得法庭會站在誰那邊
So now my little billboard comes down.
現在我的廣告位倒下了
Let me tell you something --
我告訴你
if they want a fight, they're gonna get a fight,
如果他們想斗,那我們就斗到底
because I'm not giving up, not --
因為我不會放棄
Holy shit! Dude, the dude!
我的天,你看那人
Help! Dude, the dude!
救命, 你看那人
The w-- the worker guy!
你看那個工人
Holy shit.
我的天
Please! Aah! Get me down!
來人啊,救我下去
Dude! Yeah, okay, call 911!
你看那人, 行,快報警
Help me! Aah! You got a cell?
救救我, 你有手機嗎
Yeah, yeah. Aah! Please!
有, 救命啊
Yeah, a guy just fell off a billboard
有人快要從山南邊臨街的
from frontage road south of mountain.
廣告牌上摔下來了
Hey, man!
伙計
Help me!
救救我
Hey, man, I don't think that's very safe!
我覺得那樣不安全
You need to be, like, licensed for that!
你得有執照才能上去吧
Help me! Man.
救救我, 天
Not looking down.
別往下看
One rung at a time.
一次一級
Not looking down.
別往下
Hurry up!
快點
Come get me!
快來救我
Help!
救命
Help me! Aah!
救救我
Sir, I'm right here! Please!
先生,我就在這里, 救我
Please!
求求你
Pull me up! Here, grab my hand!
拉我上去, 抓住我的手
Pull me up!
拉我上去
Pull me up! Here!
拉我上去, 抓住
You okay?
你沒事吧
Took you long enough.
動作怎么那么慢
I was scared, yes.
是,我當時嚇死了
I mean, I'm not really a big fan of heights --
其實我還是
Let me tell you.
有點恐高
But, you know, something inside me said, "You have to do this."
但我內心有個聲音說, "必須救人"
I'm sure our city's first responders
我覺得就算沒有我
would have been here momentarily.
急救人員也會及時到場
Oh, jesus, can you believe this guy?
天啊,你相信這家伙嗎
But at least I was able to provide a reassuring presence.
但至少我的出現讓大家安了心
This whole thing was a publicity stunt. It's got to be.
這簡直就是在做秀,肯定是這樣
I think that's kind of all anybody wants
我覺得一人有難時
when they're in trouble.
都希望別人伸出援手
You know, of course, I didn't think that life...
當然,我不認為人生...
You don't think anyone's gonna actually buy this?
不會有人信吧
...was gonna call on me in such an immediate
...會在生命攸關之時
And, life-threatening way. It's hard to say. People love a hero.
向我求助, 很難說,人們喜歡英雄
...take it as it comes, right?
...都會毫不猶豫,是吧
The universe put me in that spot at that moment.
我身處當時那種情況
Who am I to say no?
怎么會拒絕
You know, as a lawyer, while I help people every day,
作為一名律師,我每天都在幫助他人
I may not get as much attention for it.
可能不受這么多關注
Whole thing's a damn stunt.
這就是做秀
But I think my clients know
但我覺得我的委托人
that when they're in trouble, I'm there.
都知道他們有難,我都會幫忙
I was just a guy who was in the right...
我只是在對的時間...
You have seven new messages.
您有七條留言
To listen to your messages, press "1."
聽留言請按一
First message, received at 5:40...
第一條,五點四十分收到
It's just showmanship, Chuck.
這都靠演技,查克
Yeah, right.
沒錯,是的
You're early.
你今天很早
Did you --
你有沒有
Yeah, I grounded myself. Hey, big day.
是,我放電了,今天很棒
My phone's ringing off the hook.
我電話響個不停
I have three consults before lunchtime -- three.
上午有三個咨詢,三個哦
That's great, Jimmy.
太棒了,吉米
Yep. The worm has turned.
咸魚翻身了
Oh. That's really great.
真的很不錯
So, to what do you credit this sudden change?
你覺得突然改善的原因是什么
Well, I got to admit -- you were right.
我承認,你說得對
How so?
為什么
Well, you told me to keep plugging
你叫我繼續努力
and, uh, you know, do good work, and the clients will come.
干好活兒,委托人不請自來
You know, I'll -I'll admit,
我承認
I almost lost faith a couple times, but the worm has turned.
我有幾次差點丟失信念,但我咸魚翻身了
So, uh, what -- you've been getting referrals
你公設案的委托人
from your P.D. clients?
給你推薦客戶了嗎
Uh, yeah.
沒錯
You know, you work hard, show you got half a brain,
工作努力,向別人證明你腦子還不錯
and people come knocking, like you said.
人們就會像你說的那樣上門
I just needed to get my face out there.
我現在只需做好宣傳
So, prosecutors, then -- referring clients?
檢察官有推薦委托人嗎
Yeah. Yep. Exactly.
當然有
Was it Bergeron?
是伯杰龍嗎
When I was starting out, she sent me a couple good ones.
我剛起步時,她把我推薦給幾個好客戶
Yeah, uh, it was --
沒錯,其實
It was someone on her team you know?
是她一個手下推薦的
I mean, hey, just took some elbow grease and clean living --
肯吃苦耐勞,不要不三不四
People noticed.
人們就會注意你
I knew you had it in you.
我就知道你有潛力
I don't see the journal here.
今天的報紙呢
Right.
對
Here you go. No, no, no.
在這里, 不,不
Uh, Albuquerque Journal -- it's not here.
《阿爾布開克日報》不見了
Oh, yeah. I didn't see it outside.
外面我也沒看到
Wasn't out there?
沒在外面嗎
It's always out there. I didn't see it.
總在外面啊, 我沒看到
Maybe they forgot to deliver it.
可能忘記投遞了
Maybe some kids grabbed it.
可能有小孩拿走了
Because if there's one thing kids love,
那個小孩肯定非常喜歡
it's local print journalism.
本地的報紙
I don't know what to tell you.
我不知道怎么說
You got a ton of reading material there.
但你有一堆可以讀的東西
Look, hey. Financial Times.
你看,《金融時報》
You know, I know Albuquerque is a hub of global intrigue,
我知道阿爾布開克是國際事務的中心
but you think that'll tide you over? All right, fine.
但這個應該夠你讀了吧, 好吧,行
But if it's not here tomorrow,
但如果明天還沒有
I'm gonna need you to call the subscription office for me.
你得幫我打給訂閱辦公室
Yeah, will do. Look, I got to go.
行,我會的,我得走了
I don't want to be late.
我不想遲到
Hey, good luck today!
祝你好運
Thanks. Keep it up.
謝謝, 加油干
Hard work looks good on you.
你努力工作的樣子很棒