To be a novelist, you have to select.You have to shape and sculpt.Why?
作為一名作家 你必須學會取舍 必須學會精雕細琢 為什么?
Because we've been working for two years and the book is only 100 pages shorter.
因為我們努力了整整兩年 但這本書僅僅只削減了一百頁的內容
Five goddamn seconds of peace is all I ask!Can't you give me five goddamn seconds? God damn.
我只需要五秒鐘 讓我安靜一會兒!你就不能給我安靜五秒嗎? 該死!
It's the tip of the iceberg, Tom. You're giving me the full iceberg.
這里只需要隨筆帶過就行了 湯姆 不用把所有細節都交代清楚
So you're saying this is trash, this is trash...
所以你是說 這些都是垃圾 垃圾...
You knew this was gonna happen.Why are you playing all dewyeyed ingenue?
你明明知道我不會來,為什么還要這么天真的做無用功?
Because I did not imagine, even taking you at your absolute worst... you could be so selfish.
因為我自以為已經非常了解你 知道你的所有缺點 但沒想到你竟如此的自私
I can't turn my back on the work.Aline! It's what I do. It's my job.
我不能把我的工作丟在一邊。艾琳! 那是我的工作啊 是我的夢想
And this is my job.When will you ever learn how much an opening night means to me?
這也是我的工作。你到底什么時候才能意識到 首演對于我來講是有多么重要?
Is this all right?
我戴對了嗎?
Yes, you look lovely.
對 你看起來很漂亮
Could you please put the scarf on your downstage shoulder when you enter?Thank you.
你上臺的時候 能把圍巾放在面向觀眾一邊的肩膀上嗎? 謝謝
It's an important night for me. I need you here.
今晚對我來講非常重要 我需要你
I have to work tonight.
但我今晚得工作
You've been working every single night for the past two years.
這兩年來 你每晚都要工作
Do you have any idea what it's like... coming home to an empty apartment every night?
你知道當你每次回家 都要面對空無一人的房間 是怎樣的感受嗎?