I think you fell in love with the images, not the girl.
我覺得你愛上的是所有的這些表象 而不是這個女孩
So we cut the zoology and the cigar brands.I'll do it.
所以要把動物學家和雪茄都刪掉 好吧
And the ruminations on pink?
粉色這個點再考慮一下?
No. No!The adjectives are true. He's a man who thinks that way.
不 不行!這些形容詞都沒用錯 他就是以這種視角看問題的人
Pink is never just pink.It's a thousand other things, all profoundly important to him.
粉色遠不止這一個概念 它還代表其他很多的方面 而這些都是對塑造這個形象攸關重要的
All variations on his psychological state.Every image and the sound of every word matters.
都是他心理狀態的一種反映 每一個場景的描寫 以及每一種聲音都是很重要的
No, it doesn't. They're vital! Nonsense. Vital! You're losing the plot.
并不是 這些都是毫無意義的 它們非常重要! 別自欺欺人了 很重要!
He's falling in love. What was it like the first time you fell in love, Tom? Was it cornstalk yellow and pompous Chesterfields?
他戀愛了 你第一次陷入愛河時是怎樣的感受 湯姆? 跟玉米稈似的黃色 還有浮夸的大衣有關嗎?
It was a lightning bolt.
是像被閃電擊中一般
And that's what it should be, a lightning bolt.Save all the thunder.
這就是戀愛的感覺啊 如閃電擊中一樣 閃電的聲音留著
I got you. I got you.Cut that. Cut that.
明白了 明白了 這個刪掉 這個刪掉
All right. We cut the textile."He saw a woman..." Cut. Cut. Cut.
好了 把對衣物的描寫都劃了 “他看見一個女人...” 刪掉 刪掉 刪掉
"But it was her eyes that stopped his breath in his throat... "that made his heart leap up." No, cut the Wordsworth.
“但真正讓他心跳加速 無法呼吸的” “是她那雙迷人的眼睛” 不 別學華茲華斯
"It stopped his breath." "Blue they were..." Cut the marine life.
“讓他無法呼吸” “藍色的雙眼...” 把貝殼刪掉
"A blue beyond blue, like the ocean." Cliche.
“藍得動人 似大海般透徹” 陳詞濫調