In the little village where I was born,
在我出生的小鎮上
life moved at a slower pace...
人們過著悠閑的生活
yet felt all the richer for it.
不過富翁都喜歡這樣的生活
There, my two uncles were known far and wide
在那里,我的兩個叔叔因為廚藝精湛
for their delicious cooking.
而聲名遠揚
They seasoned their zesty chicken
他們只用最新鮮的藥草和香料
using only the freshest herbs and spices.
給他們的美味炸雞調味
People called them "Los Pollos Hermanos"--the Chicken Brothers.
人們將他們稱之為"炸雞兄弟"
Today, we carry on their tradition in a manner
如今,我們傳承叔叔們的手藝
that would make my uncles proud.
并將之發揚光大
The finest ingredients are brought together with loving care...
精心的調制加上最完美的原料
then slow-cooked to perfection.
再慢慢烹炸到完美
Yes, the old ways are still best
沒錯,在洛博羅炸雞館
at Los Pollos Hermanos.
祖傳秘方依然是王道
But don't take my word for it.
不過不要光聽我說
One taste and you'll know.
來嘗一口,你便會知道
Jesus, seriously.
老天,真是的
Better over than under.
超標總比未達標強
Over by a pound and a half.
超了一磅半啊
I thought you were all, like, precise.
我以為你是個講究精確的人呢
Whatever.
無所謂了
We'll just save it out till next week.
我們把多余的弄出來保存到下周好了
No. We ship it as-is.
別動了,就將就這樣運出去
What are we, running a charity?
當我們做慈善事業的嗎
Come on, man,
得了吧,老兄
we're gonna take it out.
我們要把多余的取出來
Leave it.
別動了
One batch, one ship.
一批貨,一次出
Stop complicating things.
別把事情復雜化了
Why are you purposely giving him free meth?
你為什么要故意給他免費的冰毒
These bitches are bleeding us enough already.
這群賤人已經壓榨我們夠多的了
You are paid extraordinarily well.
你的酬金已經很多了
Why can't you just appreciate that? Yeah, yeah, yeah, hey.
你為什么就不能滿足呢,的確是
Hey, I've been crunching numbers, all right?
但我一直都在算賬
Oh, you've been crunching numbers?
你一直在算賬嗎
Yeah, I've been crunching numbers,
對,我一直在算賬
and I don't gotta be a mathematician to figure out
我不是數學家都算得清這筆賬
that this deal you made is bullshit.
你虧大了
We both earn--
我們都賺到了
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...
是,是啊,我知道
a million and a half each.
每人一百五十萬
Whoop-de-doo.
哇哦
What's he getting?
他得到了什么
Say he's wholesaling at 40 large a pound.
他以4萬每磅的價格批發
That's probably high.
這個價可能是有些高了
High. Uh, what, for our stuff?
你覺得我們的貨賣這個價高了嗎
That's what I was getting.
那價錢還只是據我所知
All right, look, say he's getting 40 a pound.
好吧,聽著,就算1磅要4萬
All right? 200 pounds a week for three months.
好嗎,3個月,每周200磅
And, like, what happens at the end of the three months?
3個月下來會怎樣
Look, what-- whatever.
聽著,明白嗎
200 pounds a week for three months.
3個月,每周兩百磅
That's 2400 pounds.
那可是2400磅啊
2400 times 40,000 is--
2400乘以4萬可就是
and I swear to God, I double-checked this, like, 10 times--
我發誓,我已經算了不下十遍了
96 million dollars.
9600萬美元
96 million dollars.
9600萬美元啊
All right? 96 million.
對吧,是9600萬美元
96 to our three.
9600萬才給我們300萬
That is messed up, yo. That is so messed up.
簡直糟糕透頂
Fairness-wise, I can't even--
老實說,我都無法
Jesse, you are now a millionaire,
杰西,你現在已經是百萬富翁了
and you're complaining?
你卻還在抱怨
What world do you live in?
你以為你活在怎樣的世界里
One where the dudes who are actually doing all the work
活在一個干了活,沒有得到
ain't getting fisted.
應有酬勞的世界
What is going on with you lately?
你最近是怎么了
What's happened to you?
到底是怎么了
Hang on, can't we just--
等下,我們就不能...
Hey, we got to hash this out.
我們得好好談談
Hey, what's more important than money?
還有什么比錢更重要的嗎
These things they laughingly call pillows,
這種東西也好意思叫枕頭
I would not give them to prison inmates.
就是給犯人用都嫌爛
You want me to go ask for another?
你想要我去再給你要一個嗎
No. Just remind me to bring his from home.
不用了,記得提醒我從家里把他的帶來就行了
They're not moving his legs enough.
他們該多讓他的腿活動活動
Hey, everybody.
大家好
Hi, Marie.
你好,瑪麗
Is it okay if-- if I visit?
我能來看看他嗎
Yeah.
恩
His color looks good.
他氣色不錯
Gomie, is that you?
格米,是你嗎
Hey, buddy. Yeah, it's me.
老兄,是的,是我
That's you, Gomie?
真是你嗎,格米
Yeah, Hank. I'm right here.
是的,漢克,我就在這
Come here. Closer.
過來,靠近點
What is it?
怎么了
Closer.
靠近些
Asshole.
混蛋
Man, he got you good.
老兄,他把你給耍了
Yeah, yeah.
是啊
I'm glad to see you still have your twisted sense of humor.
我很高興,你他媽還有幽默感
God.
老天
Hey, check this out.
看看這個
I got something that'll make you feel better.
我拿了點能讓你心情好點的東西
I've been keeping an eye on that blue meth of yours.
我一直在留意你的藍色冰毒案
Six, seven weeks, nothing.
6-7周,沒一點反應
Then all of a sudden, boom. It's popping up everywhere.
然后突然間,到處都是
Look at the new locations.
看看新的地點
Texas, Nevada,
德克薩斯,內華達
up in Farmington.
上面的法明頓
Even right here in town.
甚至在這兒
A teener here and there, you know,
你知道嗎,各地青少年已經
strictly street-level amounts.
完全是在街頭交易了
Man, it's crazy.
太瘋狂了
How exactly is that supposed to make me feel better?
你覺得我聽了這個會心情好點嗎
Because you were right.
因為你是對的
You're the only one that saw this coming.
你是唯一一個預料到這情況的人
Well, three cheers for me.
好吧,為我歡呼三聲吧
This thing doesn't do a damned thing.
這東西他媽不起作用
Hank, it's probably still on lock-out.
漢克,那個可能還在鎖定狀態
It's been an hour, right?
已經過了一個小時了,對嗎
I'm hurting here. I could use some meds.
我這里很疼,我該吃點藥了
Okay. I'll go find somebody.
好吧,我去給你找個醫生過來
Hey, no more shop talk.
不許再說工作的事了
Sorry.
對不起
I didn't see it coming.
我沒有預料到這一幕
What?
什么
Damn right you did.
你當然預料到了
No, I didn't see shit.
沒有,我什么都沒料到
Day late and a dollar short, as usual.
總是差那么一點
The only reason I'm... even breathing...
我之所以還活著是因為
is I got a warning call.
我接到了一個警告電話
A warning call? What do you mean?
警告電話,你什么意思
One minute before they attacked me,
在他們襲擊我的前一分鐘
somebody called my cell and told me to expect it.
有人打我手機告訴我要小心
A voice scrambler. It could have been anybody.
用的話音加擾器,我聽不出是誰
Marie's got my phone somewhere,
瑪麗把我的手機收起來了
if you want to run the incoming.
如果你想要查那個來電的話
Not that you're going to learn anything worth knowing.
應該得不到什么有價值的線索
I don't get it. Cartel hit?
我不明白,販毒集團火拼
Who would have called to warn you?
誰會打電話警告你呢
I don't know.
我不知道
Aw, Jesus.
老天
Come on already.
不會吧,太痛了
Hang on.
堅持住
Skyler, I had nothing to do--
斯凱勒,這事與我無關
Are we safe?
我們安全嗎
Yes.
是的
Are you safe?
你安全嗎
Absolutely.
當然
Jesse?
杰西
Jesse?
杰西
What about you?
你怎么樣
Face looks better.
氣色好多了
How's it all going?
一切進展如何
Anything you want to tell us about?
想和我們聊聊嗎
What, like my interesting life?
聊什么,我的趣味人生嗎
One day pretty much bleeds into the next.
混吃等死罷了
Been working a lot. I got a job.
我有工作了,很忙
Job is good.
有工作是好事
It's in a laundromat.
在一家自助洗衣店
It's totally corporate.
連鎖集團性質的
Corporate laundromat.
連鎖自助洗衣店
It's, like, rigid. All kinds of red tape.
感覺就是壓抑,各種條條框框
My boss is a dick. The owner? Super dick.
我老板是個混球,店主是個大混球
I'm not worthy or whatever to meet him,
我都沒見過店主,不夠資格還是怎么的
but I guess everybody's scared of the dude.
可我看得出來大家都怕他
The place is full of dead-eyed douche-bags,
店里都是些翻著死魚眼的草包
the hours suck,
工作時間超長
and nobody knows what's going on,
沒人清楚到底怎么回事
so...
就這樣
Sounds kind of Kafkaesque.
聽起來有點卡夫卡風格(壓抑得讓人做噩夢)
Yeah.
沒錯
Totally Kafkaesque.
完全的卡夫卡風格
Majorly.
絕對的
Ooh, from the U.S. Attorney in Santa Fe.
圣達菲的聯邦檢察長送的
Very nice.
真好
We've got all these nice tulips and baby's breath.
還有漂亮的郁金香和滿天星
This is chrysanthemum. That looks like chrysanthemum.
這是菊花吧,看起來像菊花
Look at these Hank. Aren't they beautiful?
漢克你看,多漂亮呀
Beautiful.
漂亮
Wow, look at the size of this basket.
這個果籃好大個
It's got so many goodies in it.
里面好多吃的
Look, chocolate-covered pretzels
看哪,巧克力脆皮餅干
and cheese sticks
干酪條
and some some fancy designer olives.
還有風味橄欖
You had me at cheese sticks.
他不能吃干酪條
Mmm, you're going to have to fight me for those, Hank.
打贏我才給你吃,漢克
"Get well, and best wishes from Ted Beneke
"泰德·貝內克攜貝內克公司全體員工"
and all the folks at Beneke Fabricators."
"祝您早日康復"
Wow, he gives you all this time off, and now this?
他準你這么長時間的假,還送東西
Get me a job there.
我也要去給他工作
I know. He's great.
我知道,他人超好
Boss hall of fame.
老板名人堂
I don't see anything here from Kleinman.
我可沒看見這里有克蘭曼送的東西
They're going to have to get on the stick.
他們辦事得有效率點才行
How's everybody doing today?
今天感覺如何
Good. We're good.
很好,我們好極了
How are you?
你呢
I'm very good.
我很好
Hi, Hank.
漢克
Just going to do a quick peripheral response, all right?
做個小反應測驗好嗎
See where we're at.
確認下康復程度
Moment of truth, huh?
關鍵時刻到了嗎
Yeah. I wouldn't call it that.
恩,可我不會這么叫
All right, let's just take a look here.
好了,我們開始吧
All right.
好
All right, I want you to tell me if you can feel this.
有感覺的話告訴我
How about this?
這里呢
Okay.
好吧
How about now?
現在呢
Do that one again, would you?
再劃一下好嗎
Right there?
這里嗎
Yeah, yeah, I feel it. A tingle.
恩,我感覺到了,刺痛
Okay, on a scale of one to ten,
好了,1到10級表示
ten being your normal level of feeling
10表示你正常的觸覺
and one bein no feeling at all.
1表示毫無感覺
Oh, I don't know.
說不好
A four?
4級
Okay, four. Okay.
好了,4級,不錯
And how about there?
這里呢
Yeah. Um, a six.
有感覺,6級
Okay, good.
好,很好
And here?
這呢
Yeah, still there. A little less.
有感覺,不那么明顯
A three. Okay.
3級,好
All right, good.
很好
Thank you very much, Hank. Good, good.
謝謝配合,漢克,很好,非常好
So this is good news, right?
這算是好消息,對吧
Oh, yeah, definitely.
對,絕對是好消息
It looks like some nerve function is returning.
看起來神經機能已經開始恢復了
Oh, thank God.
謝天謝地
All right, so when do we get him walking again?
好吧,他什么時候可以走路
Marie, it's important that we manage our expectations.
瑪麗,要達到預期固然很重要
We're talking about months of very hard work,
但即便是是數月的艱苦努力
and even then the odds, they're not great.
成功的幾率也不是很大
But you can't know for sure.
但你也不能確定
No.
不能
When does he start physical therapy?
他什么時候開始理療
We've sent the paperwork to your insurance. It's high priority.
文件已經發到你的保險公司,優先處理
We should have pre-authorization the next few days.
再過幾天我們應該可以得到預授權
Certainly by early next week.
最遲下周初
Next week?
下周
No, that's not going to do it.
不行,太遲了
I've looked into this.
我查過資料
The sooner physical therapy begins,
理療開始越早
the better his chances are.
他康復的希望就越大
He needs daily sessions.
他需要每日理療
Isn't that right?
不是嗎
Well... Actually,
事實上
your plan's treatment program
你們的健康計劃治療方案包含一項
covers four sessions a week.
每周四次的理療
Actually, she asked the doctor.
事實上,她問的是醫生
Plan-wise, four sessions a week is fairly typical.
每周四次是比較典型而且明智的計劃
And the therapists in your network are mostly fine.
你們的定點理療師大部分還是不錯的
Mostly fine? Okay. There's a ringing endorsement.
大部分還不錯,好吧,簡直是太令人振奮了
Look, if Hank had more physical therapy,
我想知道,如果能有更好的理療師
with better therapists,
做更多的理療
wouldn't it be more likely he would walk?
漢克能站起來的希望會更大的吧
It's very hard to say, Marie.
瑪麗,這種事情很難說
Is the health plan's way medically justifiable? Sure.
健康計劃治療方案醫學上完全可信
Is it absolutely optimal?
至于是不是最好...
You know, screw it.
別說了,管他媽的
I'm going to make sure he gets what he needs,
我要先保證他得到最好的治療
and they can just reimburse me later.
賠償的事以后再說
Mrs. Schrader, I get your frustration. Really, I do.
施拉德夫人,我非常理解你的感受
But my best advice is stay in the network.
但我的建議是您最好不要脫離體系
Don't go out of pocket.
不要計劃外開支
Physical therapy is just the beginning.
理療只是一個開始
We're talking nursing care, modifications to your home,
你們還要請人護理,對家居設施進行改造
occupational therapy, medical equipment.
進行職業療法,購買醫療儀器
It could run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
費用可能高達幾十萬美金
So what?
那又怎樣
We're just supposed to compromise on his care?
你要我們在漢克的醫護選擇上妥協嗎
Well, if you don't follow the insurance company's procedures,
如果不遵照保險公司的規定就醫
they may never pay you back.
你們可能永遠都拿不到賠償
I've seen patients and their families go bankrupt,
我見過病人和家屬徒勞等待賠償金
waiting to be reimbursed.
直到破產
Who is the best physical therapist that you know?
你知道的最好的理療師叫什么
I can give you some names.
我可以為你引薦幾位
But they're not likely to be on your plan.
但他們不太可能在健康計劃中
To hell with the plan.
讓健康計劃見鬼去吧
Yeah, there he is.
他來了
Finally. I went ahead and started without you.
你終于來了,我沒等你先開始了
Ladies, this is Jesse-san. He's in for the full treatment.
姑娘們,這位是杰西君,給他來個全套
Kick off your shoes. Lay back. Exfoliate.
把鞋脫了,躺下,去去角質
Maybe later.
以后再說吧
So, where's the maestro?
大師人呢
Was he out parking the mini-van?
在外面停車嗎
What do I look like, his shadow?
怎么,我是他的跟屁蟲嗎
Who cares where he's at?
誰管他在哪兒呢
What am I doing here?
叫我來干什么
Well, I was going to have you two flip a coin,
我本來想叫你倆一起來決定的
but since the genius can't be bothered,
既然大天才不肯賞臉
today's your lucky day.
你就走運了
Look around, kiddo. It's all yours.
四下看看,小子,都是你的了
What? This?
什么,這店嗎
Yeah. You are now the owner of this fine establishment.
沒錯,你現在是這家店的主人了
For free?
不要錢嗎
Free? Ladies, cover your ears.
不要錢,女士們快捂上耳朵
No, not free.
不,哪能不要錢
Look, hey, this is a squeaky-clean,
聽我說,這是一家信譽良好
highly profitable-- at least potentially...
盈利甚豐,至少是有潛力的
local institution,
的本地機構
looked upon with favor by the Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau.
很被商會以及商改局看好
At $312,000, it's a steal.
只要你31.2萬,比搶還合算
312,000?
31.2萬
Don't you get it?
還沒明白嗎
On the outside, it's a nail salon, right?
外面看,這是一家美甲沙龍
On the inside, it's the best money laundry a growing boy could ask for.
里面看,就是你小子的洗錢圣地
Wait, wait.
等等,別走
Wait.
等等
Ladies, thank you. Thank you. Good job.
女士們,謝謝,干得不錯
Come back here.
回來說話
Sit. Come on.
坐下,回來
Humor me here for a second.
容我解釋一下
Now, you know you need to launder your money, right?
你明白你的錢是需要洗的,對吧
Do you understand the basics of it?
你明白個中原理的吧
Placement, layering, integration?
我幫你安排,弄個幌子,洗錢之類
I ain't buying no damn nail salon, so just forget it.
我不會買什么美甲沙龍,算了吧
You want to stay out of jail, don't you?
所以你想蹲號子是嗎
You want to keep your money and your freedom.
你不想留著那些錢并逍遙快活嗎
Because I got three little letters for you.
送你幾個字
IRS.
美國國稅局(Internal Revenue Service)
If they can get Capone, they can get you.
如果他們能逮到卡蓬(美國黑手黨老大) 就能抓到你
Hey, look. Here's you, right?
看好了,假設這是你
Pink, Pinkman. Get it?
粉紅的,平克曼,對吧
Okay, here's your cash.
這是你的錢
You're out on the town. You're partying hearty.
你在城外,在派對狂歡
You're knocking boots with the chickie babes.
跟辣妹們打得火熱
Oh, who's this? It's the tax man.
看誰來了,稅務局的
And he's looking at you.
他注視著你
What does he see?
他看到了什么
He sees a young fellow with a big, fancy house,
他看到一個年輕人,住著豪宅
unlimited cash supply, and no job.
錢財萬貫,卻沒工作
Now what is the conclusion the tax man makes?
他會從中得出什么結論
I'm a drug dealer.
我是個毒販子
Wrong.
錯
Million times worse.
錯得離譜
You're a tax cheat.
結論是,你逃稅漏稅
What do they do? They take every penny,
他們會怎么做,拿走每分錢
and you go in the can for felony tax evasion.
而你因為逃稅去坐牢
Ouch. What was your mistake?
知道錯在哪嗎
You didn't launder your money.
錯在你沒洗錢
Now, you give me your money.
現在,把錢交給我
That's called placement.
此為安排部署
Hand me that little thing bin.
把那個小罐子遞給我
This is the nail salon, right?
假設這是美甲店
I take your dirty money
我用你的贓款
and I slip it into the salon's nice, clean cash flow.
用作美甲店運營的合法流動資金
That's called layering.
此為掩人耳目
Final step, integration.
最后一著,洗錢完畢
The revenues from the salon go to the owner.
美甲店的收入就流進老板的口袋
That's you. Your filthy drug money has been transformed
也就是你,你那骯臟的毒品交易贓款
into nice, clean, taxable income,
就變的合法了,還是稅后所得
brought to you by a savvy investment in a thriving business.
通過理性投資,你的"事業"將蒸蒸日上
So you want me to buy this place so I can pay taxes.
所以你想要我買下這地方來交稅
I'm a criminal, yo.
我可是個罪犯
Yeah, and if you want to stay a criminal and not become, say, a convict,
沒錯,可如果你想犯罪而不被逮
then maybe you should grow up and listen to your lawyer.
那你得成熟點聽取你律師的建議
Right, so you can get your 5%.
是啊,這樣你就能拿到那5%的錢了
No, that's 17%.
不,是17%
I heard you say 5.
我記得你說的是5
You said it right in front of me.
當著我面說的
Yeah. That was for your partner.
沒錯,不過是對你搭檔說的
It's privileges of seniority and all.
資歷較深者有優惠
But for you, it's the usual. 17%, and that's a bargain.
但你,跟以前一樣,17% 已經很便宜了
Hey, what, you-Hey, listen to--
怎么了,你... 聽著...
Come on, I'm talking to you about your future here.
別這樣,我在跟你談你的將來
Listen to reason.
要聽從勸告呀
How is your brother-in-law?
你連襟情況如何
He'll live.
死不了
Good. I'm glad.
很好,我很高興
Walter, you seem troubled.
沃爾特,你看上去很困惑
How can I help you?
有什么能為你效勞嗎
I asked to see you in order to...
我來見你是想...
clear the air.
澄清事實
There are some issues
有些事
that could cause a misunderstanding between us,
可能會引起我們之間的誤會
and I think it's in our best interest to lay the cards on the table.
最明智的做法就是,打開天窗說亮話
That's the best way to do business.
這樣合作才是王道
My brother-in-law,
我的連襟
moments before he was attacked--
在他遇襲前
someone called to warn him.
有人打電話警告他
I believe that same person was protecting me.
我想那位仁兄應該也在保護著我吧
Those two men, the assassins-I believe I was their prime target,
那兩個殺手,想要殺的人該是我吧
but that somehow they were steered away from me
出于某些原因,他們轉移了目標
to my brother-in-law.
去殺我的連襟
Because of this intervention, I am alive.
多虧了他,我才能活下來
And yet I think that this person was playing a much deeper game.
而且我認為此仁兄的計劃并不那么簡單
He made that phone call because he wanted a shootout,
他打那通電話是希望雙方交火
not a silent assassination.
而不是簡單的暗殺
In one stroke he bloodied both sides,
一石二鳥,兩敗俱傷
set the American and Mexican governments against the cartel,
讓墨美政府共同打擊販毒集團
and cut off the supply of methamphetamine to the Southwest.
切斷西南地區的冰毒供應
If this man had his own source of product
如果這人在國境的這邊
on this side of the border...
有自己的產品生產渠道
he would have the market to himself.
那市場就全歸他了
The rewards would be...enormous.
而利潤將是...暴利
We're both adults.
大家都是成年人
I can't pretend I don't know that person is you.
我不可能裝作不知道,你就是那位仁兄
I want there to be no confusion.
這是毫無疑問的
I know I owe you my life.
我知道我的命是你給的
And more than that, I respect the strategy.
而且我敬重你的謀略
In your position, I wouldn've done the same.
換做是我,我也會這么做
One issue which troubles me--
有件事一直困擾著我
I don't know what happens when our three-month contract ends.
我們三個月合同到期以后,我將何去何從
What would you like to happen?
你想何去何從
You know why I do this.
你知道我為什么入伙
I want security for my family.
我要保證家人的安全
Then you have it.
我答應你
Three million for three months.
3個月,300萬
That was our agreement.
這是我們的協議
Extended annually, twelve million a year.
延長一年就是,1200萬
Call it fifteen.
一共就是1500萬
Open-ended.
隨時可供修改
Would that be agreeable?
可以接受嗎
Part of the reason we talk about what gets us riled up
之所以要談論那些我們
in our daily lives,
生活中的不堪往事
is to help each other put a finger
是為了告誡所有人
on what our relapse triggers might be,
不要再犯同樣的錯誤
head off our disease before it comes back.
將那些惡習扼殺在搖籃里
So... anyone?
誰有話要說嗎
Free license to bitch and moan.
隨便怎么抱怨都行
How often do you get that?
這機會可不是每天都有的
Jesse, last time you seemed pretty down
杰西,上次你說洗衣店的工作
about your job at the Laundromat.
讓你情緒低落
Let me ask you something.
我想問你
If you had the chance to do anything you wanted,
如果有機會做你喜歡做的事
what would you do?
你想做什么
Make more green, man, a lot more.
賺錢,賺很多很多錢
Forget about money. Assume you have all you want.
先不談錢,假設你什么都有了
I don't know.
我也不知道
I guess I would make something.
可能我會做點東西
Like what?
比如
Not that it even matters, but...
不是什么重要的東西,但是...
work with my hands, I guess.
手工制作,我想
Building things, like...
建筑一類嗎,就像...
carpentry or brick laying or something?
木工,或者砌磚之類的嗎
I took this vo-tech class in high school,
高中時候我上過職業技術課
wood working.
木材加工
I took a lot of vo-tech classes
我上過很多這樣的課
because it was just a big jerk off,
一堆垃圾
but this one time I had this teacher
但有一次,我遇到一位老師
name of, uh... Mr. Pike.
好像叫...派克老師
I guess he was, like, a Marine
我猜他年輕時
or something before he got old.
可能是海軍陸戰隊之類的
He was hard of hearing.
他有點耳背
My project for his class was to make this wooden box,
我在他課上的作業是做一個木盒子
you know, like a small--
就是個小的...
just like a-- like a box,
就是個...盒子
you know, to put stuff in.
可以放東西的
So I wanted to get the thing done just as fast as possible.
我只想幾下做完了事
I figured I could cut classes for the rest of the semester,
這學期剩下的課就可以全翹了
and he couldn't flunk me as long as I, you know, made the thing.
只要我做了東西,他就不能給我不及格
So I finished it in a couple days.
所以幾天我就做好了
It looked pretty lame,
它看上去很爛
but it worked,
但還能用
you know, for putting stuff in or whatnot.
可以用來隨便放點什么東西
So when I showed it to Mr. Pike for my grade,
我把它拿給派克老師看,給我打成績
he looked at it and said,
他看著它說
"Is that the best you can do?"
你就只有這種程度嗎
At first I thought to myself,
一開始我想
"Hell, yeah, bitch.
廢話,賤人
"Now give me a D and shut up
給老子個D 然后閉嘴
so I can go blaze one with my boys."
我就可以去和弟兄們嗑藥去了
I don't know.
我也說不清
Maybe it was the way he said it, but...
也許是因為他說話的方式
it was, like, he w--
就好比
he wasn't exactly saying it sucked.
他并沒有說那東西做的爛透了
He was just asking me honestly,
他只是在很真誠地問我
"Is that all you got?"
"你真的就只有這種能耐嗎"
And for some reason I thought to myself,
出于某些原因,我也尋思著
"Yeah, man, I can do better,"
我當然可以做的更好
so I started from scratch.
所以我開始重做
I made another, then another,
做了一個又一個
and by the end of the semester,
到學期末
by, like, box number five,
我一共做了有5個盒子
I had built this thing. You should've seen it.
你們真該看看我做的那盒子
It was insane.
我當時肯定是瘋了
I mean, I built it out of Peruvian Walnut with inlaid Zebrawood.
居然用秘魯胡桃木來做外殼,鑲的是斑木
It was fitted with pegs, no screws.
用釘子釘一起的,沒用螺絲
I sanded it for days until it was smooth as glass.
我用砂紙磨了幾天,直到磨得像玻璃一樣光滑
Then I rubbed all the wood
然后我又用桐油來磨
with tung oil so it was rich and dark.
所以盒子看上去色澤深暗且濃艷
It even smelled good.
還散發出特有的香味
You know, you put nose in it and breathed in,
把鼻子貼近去聞,吸一口那香氣
it was-It was perfect.
簡直堪稱完美
What happened to the box?
那盒子后來怎么樣了
I, um-I gave it to my mom.
我把盒子給了我媽媽
Nice.
很不錯
You know what I'm going to say, don't you?
你知道我要說什么,對吧
It's never too late.
亡羊補牢,為時不晚
They have art co-ops that offer classes,
大學里有開設藝術合作社的課程
adult extension program at the university.
還有成人拓展教育項目
You know, I didn't give the box to my mom.
其實我并沒把盒子給我媽媽
I traded it for an ounce of weed.
而是用盒子換了1盎司大麻
He's a hero. You don't deny coverage to a hero.
他是英雄,總不能拒絕給英雄付保險吧
They'll say they're not denying coverage.
他們會說他們不是在拒絕付保險
No, no, I'm agreeing with you,
不不,這點上我是完全贊同你的
but I went through all this with Walt.
但我和沃爾特是經歷過的
You'll burn through your savings, and then what?
會花光你所有的積蓄,然后怎么辦
Well, you two managed, right?
你們不是也熬過來了嗎
You said yourself
你自己也說了
that Elliot and Gretchen's money didn't cover everything.
格雷琴他們的錢,也沒能支付所有的開銷
Jesus, I've got to get back.
天,我得回去了
What? No.
什么,別啊
No, no, no, you should rest.
別回去,你該休息一下
Look, why don't you go in and take a long bath
你進去好好洗個澡如何
I put some fresh sheets on the bed.
我在床上放了些干凈的床單
I want to be there in case he wakes up.
萬一他醒了,我想待在他身邊
With all they're giving him, he'll sleep till morning.
他們給他用的藥,夠他睡到早上
Hey, Sky.
嗨,斯凱
Wha-What are you doing here?
你來這干嘛呢
Well, I just thought I'd stop by
我順便過來看看
to see how you're holding up.
來看看你還好嗎
Is this a bad time, or...
時機不對嗎,還是...
Um-Hi.
你好
Hi.
你好
Uh, Marie, this is Ted, my boss.
瑪麗,這位是泰德,我的老板
Oh, you're Ted.
你就是泰德
I've heard so much about you.
常聽他們說起你
Thank you for your gift basket.
謝謝你送來的禮品籃
That was really thoughtful.
真的很周到
It was. It was really nice. Thank you, Ted.
真的很體貼,謝謝,泰德
Cheese sticks. Cheese sticks.
是干酪條吧,恩,干酪條
Well, you're welcome.
不客氣
You know, we care about Skyler so much
你也知道我很關心斯凱勒
that naturally that extends to the whole family.
也就自然而然地關心一下她的家人
Are you coming in?
你要進屋嗎
Oh, yeah, you should.
當然,你該進屋坐坐
I'm sorry. Come on in, Ted. Thanks. Okay.
不好意思,進來吧,謝謝,好的
We were just having some wine. Would you like a glass?
我們剛正在喝酒,你要來一杯嗎
No. No, thanks.
不了,謝謝
I'm just on my way home.
我剛正在回家的路上
I just thought I'd--
我只是想...
You know, I--I am really beat. I think I'm going to take that bath.
我真的筋疲力盡了,我得去洗個澡
It was nice to meet you, Ted,
很高興見到你,泰德
and thank you again.
再次感謝
Nice to meet you, too, Marie.
我也很高興見到你,瑪麗
Please give my best wishes to your husband.
請代我問候一下你丈夫
I will.
我會的
Thanks for stopping by,
謝謝你能過來看我
but it's actually not a--
不過事實上有點...
not the best time for a visit, so--
時機不太合適,所以...
Can we just talk for a minute?
我們能談談嗎
I know you need to be with your family,
我理解你得和家人待在一起
but I haven't heard from you in days
不過我已經幾天沒你的音訊了
I left messages-I'm so sorry.
我留了言... 我很抱歉
You gave me all that time off, and I really should've--
你給我放了假,我真的應該...
That's not my point.
我要說的不是這個
I-I care about you. That's all.
我很關心你,就是這樣
Ted, I--
泰德,我...
It's just this whole thing with Hank
漢克出的這檔子事
has been one non-stop horror show,
我們還驚魂未定
you know, so...
所以你也知道...
Well, I-I just want you to know
我只是想讓你知道
that I'm here for you.
我是一直支持你的
Thank you.
謝謝
Um, but I really do need you to...
但我真的需要你去...
Okay. Okay?
好吧
Skyler, I've got to say your sister seeing me here--
斯凱爾,你妹妹看到我來這...
I mean--
我是說
So what?
那又怎樣
I'm divorced. You're divorced. So what?
我離婚了,你也離婚了,怎么樣了嘛
Okay, let's talk about it later, Ted, okay?
我們遲些時候再說這個,好嗎,泰德
Is there some reason for secrecy I'm not getting?
能告訴我為什么要保密的理由嗎
Because-Later. Ted, not now.
因為,遲些再說,泰德,現在不合適
Skyler, just tell me--
斯凱勒,你只需要告訴我...
You really want to do this now?
你非要這樣是不是
Are you really going to make me do this right now?
你非要逼我立刻作決定是嗎
Yeah, you're right.
你說得沒錯
I'm-Bad idea to come here.
我... 我真不該來
Ted, I'm--
泰德,我...
I'll see you in a day or two.
我們過后再談吧
Back at the office.
辦公室里談
Take as much time as you want.
隨你所愿吧
I can't believe you had to crush the RV.
難以置信,你竟然把房車碾碎了
Must've been, like... depressing.
肯定相當郁悶
For real. That's a stone loss.
說真的,那損失的確很大
No one misses it more than me.
沒人能比我更懷念房車
Free to cook anytime, anywhere.
隨時隨地,想制毒就制毒
No quotas, no one to answer to.
沒有定額,也沒老板
What's the point of being an outlaw
搞這種東西都搞出責任來了
when you've got responsibilities?
還算哪門子罪犯
Darth Vader had responsibilities.
達斯·維德(星戰黑武士)也有責任
He was responsible for the Death Star.
他對死星有責任
True that. Two of them bitches.
一點也沒錯,那兩個大賤人
Just saying. Devil's advocate.
我只是說說而已,故意唱唱反調
I've got to pay taxes now? What the hell's up with that?
我現在還得交稅了嗎,這他媽搞什么啊
That's messed up, yo. That's Kafkaesque.
完全糟糕透頂,簡直壓抑得讓人做噩夢
Church. Right.
比去教堂還壓抑,沒錯
Let's kick it back into gear.
我們重新來過
Let's start slinging again.
東山再起吧
Let's do it.
開工吧
Life's too short. That's what I say.
人生苦短,這可是我一直說的
Hell, yeah, bitches. We don't need no RV.
是啊,哥幾個,我們才不需要房車
All we need is a bicycle,
我們只需要自行車
some Drano, soda bottles,
一點通樂,還要點蘇打
Nah, nah, nah, no shake 'n bake.
不行,絕對不行
Where's your self-respect? Come on.
拜托,你的自尊哪去了
Yo, maybe it ain't top shelf,
也許是不太風光
but we could at least move it.
但至少比沒有強吧
Still kind of dry out there.
還是可以小搞一把
Let's-It'll sell on the street.
我們可以上街賣
Who says we sell on the street?
誰告訴你我們要上街賣
Maybe I know a whole new market.
我也許找到了一個全新的市場
Maybe all we need is the meth.
也許我們只需要冰毒就夠了
What's the yield?
產量多少
The yield. Come on.
產量,快點
Uh... 201.8.
201.8磅
I see a couple new faces.
我發現了幾張新面孔
Anybody want to introduce themselves?
有誰想做自我介紹嗎
Don't all speak at once.
一個一個來
Yeah.
你先
So my name's Brandon.
我叫布蘭登
Okay, Brandon.
好的,布蘭登
You want to tell us something about yourself?
你想和大家聊聊你自己嗎
Well, why I'm here--
好吧,我之所以來這
it's just one thing.
只有一個原因
It's meth.
因為冰毒
It's bad.
冰毒是噩夢
Thought I had it kicked a couple times, you know,
我曾經戒過幾次
but then... Jesus.
但是,天啊
This new version of it hit the streets and...
結果街上又流了新品種
Not that blue stuff.
不會是藍色的那種吧
Oh, sorry, I didn't raise my hand.
抱歉,我忘了舉手
No, go ahead. This is what we do.
沒關系,來這里就是為了交流
Yeah, exactly, the blue stuff.
沒錯,就是藍色那種
You had it too
你也試過嗎
Yeah, bro.
是啊,老兄
I wish I never even heard of it.
多希望我從來沒碰過那玩意
It was like lighting my whole head on fire.
那玩意真是太夠勁了
Yeah, stuff will burn you down.
是啊,簡直讓你欲罷不能
Only reason I have a hope in hell
唯一覺得我還有希望的就是
is because it's long gone.
那東西后來消失了
That's the shame of it.
為你感到羞恥
Nah, come on, man. Don't tell me that.
別這么說,老兄
I hear it's back in town.
我聽說那東西又回來了
Stay strong, brother. Stay strong.
堅持住,哥們兒,堅持住
It's gonna be okay.
一切都會好的
I swear to God, I'll do it. I will go to the press.
我發誓,我要把這事兒告訴媒體
I will go to 48 Hours. I will go to Nightline.
48小時也好,夜間新聞也好
I don't even know if there
不管有沒有夜間新聞
is a Nightline anymore. It doesn't matter.
不過沒關系
They will all take it, and they will run with it
他們一定會報道出來的
because he is a hero,
因為他是個英雄
and he is not going to be in a wheelchair at 43.
英雄不會在43歲時就坐上輪椅
Jesus.
天啊
Marie, I know Skyler's already told you this,
瑪麗,我知道斯凱勒應該和你說過了
but if there's every anything that you need,
如果你需要幫助的話
anything at all...
任何需要
It's good to have you here. Both of you.
能有你們兩個真好
I just wish there was... something more that we could do.
我只希望能盡量為你做點什么
Walt?
沃爾特
We can always pay their bills.
我們可以幫他們付錢
Please, it's tens of thousands of dollars.
拜托,那可要好幾萬
We have the money, more than enough.
我們有錢,綽綽有余
Walt earned it. Skyler.
沃爾特掙來的,斯凱勒
I think Marie should know the truth.
我覺得不該瞞著瑪麗
Skyler, I really don't think this is a good idea.
斯凱勒,我不這么認為
I think that-He earned it gambling.
我認為,他賭博贏來的
Walt and I, uh--
沃爾特和我
We've had our problems lately. You know that.
我們最近有點矛盾,你也知道的
And, uh... what it all came down to really was... money.
其實歸根結底,就是一個錢字
Pure and simple.
就這么簡單
When Walt was diagnosed, it, um--
當沃爾特他被診斷出癌癥時
It changed him.
整個人都變了
Looking back, I don't think I ever really understood
現在回想起來,我仍然無法理解
what it was that he was going through.
到底他都經歷過什么
It was more than facing death.
不僅僅是對死亡的恐懼
It was knowing that he was going to leave behind...
而且想到自己快死了,卻無法為妻兒
nothing.
留下一分一文
And so that's how this all started. For better or worse,
不管怎么說,也正因如此
he wanted to provide, and so...
他想要留一筆錢,所以
he paid his medical bills the only way he knew how.
他用他的方式付清了所有的醫療費用
I thought that Elliot and Gretchen paid for your treatment.
我以為是埃利奧特和格雷琴付的
Yeah, I thought so, too,
是啊,我之前也這么以為
but the truth is he never took their money, not a dime.
但事實是,他沒有拿他們一分錢
He was too proud to take
他的自尊心不允許自己
what he considered to be charity.
接受別人的施舍
Isn't that right?
我說的沒錯吧
So he put his mind do it and--
所以他把心思都放在了這上面...
Well, you know how Walt is.
而且你也知道他這個人
He's-He's a problem solver,
總能想出辦法
and he read books,
他看了不少書
and he did a whole bunch of research,
研究了很久之后
and he came up with...
他想出了一套
this system.
方法
A system?
什么方法
A system for counting cards in Blackjack.
21點算牌法
W-What do you mean, like Rain Man?
什么意思,像《雨人》里那樣嗎
Well, I don't pretend to understand, you know, all the details,
我也不是很明白
but he was convinced
但他相信
that if you put enough money into it,
只要你投入足夠的賭本
he'd have a, um, uh--
你就會
God, what is it?
那叫什么來著
A statistical edge?
統計學上的極限情況
Yes, statistical--
對,統計學上的...
So Right. ...um, yeah.
所以,嗯,沒錯
So he-Every spare minute,
所以只要他一有空
Walt was at some card table somewhere,
就跑去賭
and at first he went to the casinos,
開始他是去賭場賭
but then he realized that--
但之后他意識到
...but then he realized
意識到
that the casinos report your winnings to the IRS,
賭場會將你的贏錢記錄上報給國稅局
and if it gets reported,
如果上報的話
your family might find out,
可能會被家里人發現
and if you do not want your family to find out,
如果不想被發現的話
then you find another place to gamble,
就得去另一個地方賭
like an illegal, backroom game.
比如地下非法賭場
You remember all those long walks that Walt used to take,
還記得他之前總是玩失蹤嗎
all that time he used to spend away from home?
老是不在家的那些時候嗎
I guess for a couple months there you were...
我想至少有幾個月的時間
sort of leading a double life, weren't you?
你都過著這種雙重生活,對嗎
Oh, my God.
天啊
Oh, my God, your--
天啊,你
your fugue state, was that some sort of cover?
你上次所謂的神游出走,是為了掩飾這個嗎
No. No.
不,不是的
He did not fake that, Marie.
那個是真的,瑪麗
The night that Walt disappeared...
他失蹤的那晚
he los$14,000.
輸了14000
It was his pension fund,
那是他的養老金
our savings,
還有我們的存款
basically every last dime we had to our name, gone.
基本上可以說是傾家蕩產了
He couldn't live with it.
所以他無法接受
He was suicidal.
死的心都有了
But you have to try to understand
但你要知道
that as soon as he got out of the hospital,
他一離開醫院
he went right back to gambling.
馬上就又回去賭了
I mean, that's how deep this went.
簡直是無法自拔
How could you do that to her, Walt?
你怎么能這樣對她,沃爾特
I, um--
我
Anyway, this system of his...
不過,他想出的這套
he finally got it to work.
算牌方法最終成功了
So all this is to say
所以我想說的是
we have the money.
我們有錢
No more gambling.
雖已不再賭博
But we have the money.
但我們不差錢
How... much money?
有多少
Walt?
沃爾特
Well, uh--
這個...
It's in the seven figures.
大概7位數的錢吧
Oh, God. Holy Mary, Mother of God.
我的天
What can I say?
怎么說呢
I did very well.
我在這方面是行家
Marie...
瑪麗
you will take our money.
你就用我們的錢
Use it to take care of Hank.
來治療漢克
Please. Marie, let us help.
拜托了,瑪麗,讓我們來幫忙吧
Does Walt, Jr. Know about this?
你兒子知道這事嗎
Absolutely not,
當然不知道
and I need to keep it that away,
一定要瞞著他
and Hank-- okay--
還有漢克,好嗎
Hank's got enough on his mind right now,
漢克已經有太多煩心事了
so can we just please keep this between us? Yeah. Yeah, I--
所以你能幫我保密嗎,當然
Yeah, I--
我
I just-I need to--
我需要出去透透氣
Yeah, okay.
好吧
We'll talk about it later.
我們等下再說這個
How did you come up with that?
你怎么想到這個的
I mean, where--
我是說
where did you possibly--
虧你想得出來
I learned from the best.
和你學的
Somehow something tells me
我的直覺告訴我
that Hank is here because of you.
漢克的事和你脫不了干系
And I'm not forgetting that.
這可不是你能瞞混過關的