Previously on Boston legal
前情提要
Denny got engaged.
丹尼訂婚了
Who is it this time? Beverly Bridge
這次是誰? 貝弗莉?布里奇
The woman Denny "Craned" in the coatroom at that charity dinner.
上個星期在慈善晚餐上丹尼,在衣帽間搞上的人
Denny Crane... If Denny becomes incapacitated...
丹尼?克蘭... 如果丹尼出了問題...
I'm having a stroke.
我中風了
She could bring down the firm.
她會使整個事務所陷入危機
Maybe you're in love. I am delirious with joy.
也許你戀愛了,我欣喜若狂
How come you're getting involved with a dead guy?
你對和一個快死的人交往有什么感覺?
I, uh, try not to think about it.
我,呃,嘗試不去想它
There is nothing romantic about this.
這并不浪漫
It turns you into a corpse before you die.
這會使你變得像行尸走肉一般
It is not too late to get out.
現在抽身而出還不晚
I start chemo again tomorrow.
我明天又要開始化療了
Okay...
好的...
$2 even.
2元整
Thank you.
謝謝
Hello. May I help you, ma'am?
你好,我可以為你效勞嗎,夫人?
Yes, you may, dear.
是的,你可以,親愛的
Take all the money out of the drawer and put it in a bag, please.
把抽屜里的所有錢拿出來放進袋子里,有勞了
Yes.
是的
Oh, and put some of that delicious beef jerky in there, too.
噢,順便也放些那種美味的牛肉干
Mr. Shore,
肖爾先生
She said to call you.
她要求找你來
Thank you, Lawrence.
謝謝你,勞倫斯
In a way, I suppose this is all your fault.
某種程度上,我想這是你的錯
Oh, dear God how, Catherine?
噢,為什么,凱瑟琳?
How is it that you holding up a convenience store suddenly becomes my fault?
為什么你打劫一間便利店會變成我的錯了呢?
You said you would hire me as your personal assistant after the firm fired me,
你說過在事務所解雇我以后,你會請我當私人助理
and I took you at your lying word.
而我把你的戲言當真了
Bad Catherine, bad!
壞凱瑟琳,真壞!
It was a terrible thing to forget, and I'm sorry,
是我不好,我居然把它給忘了
but you are in a lot of trouble here.
但是你在這里惹了不小的麻煩
What else was I to do? A gal's got to eat.
我能怎么做?我總要吃飯
And robbery isn't as bad as killing a man,
而且打劫沒有殺人那么惡劣
and you got me off on that.
連那你都可以幫我脫身了
And you've done wonders with your second chance.
然后你就做這讓我吃驚的事
Stay here.
留在這
Good evening.
晚上好
I understand you recently suffered a robbery.
我了解到最近你被搶劫了
You a lawyer?
你是律師?
Actually, I'm here more as a
事實上,我更像是作為
friend to the befuddled old woman who...
那位迷糊的老太太的朋友...
Robbed me.
她搶劫了我
Do you know how many times I have been held up this year?
你知道我今年來遇過多少起打劫了嗎?
Far too many for you to appreciate her little prank, I'm sure.
多到可以讓你忽略她的小惡作劇了,我肯定
May I ask if that's your car out front,
請問外面那輛帶有凹痕的
the Datsun with the dents in the side?
達特桑是你的嗎?
Yeah.
是的
I have a friend who has a friend.
我有一個朋友的朋友
He's a magician with bodywork.
他是個魔術師,擅長車體的戲法
He'll make those dents disappear, change the color.
他可以把那些凹痕變沒,改變車的顏色
He'll make that Datsun look exactly like a latemodel BMW
他可以把一輛德森變得,和一輛最新款的寶馬一模一樣
Can he make the seats look like leather?
他能把座位變成皮革的嗎?
The man's a miracle worker.
那個人非常神奇
We got a problem.
我們有個麻煩
Another sector car called it in.
另一架巡邏車要求支援
I don't have any choice. I've got to book her.
我沒有辦法了,我不得不做控告筆錄
It's late. She's elderly.
已經那么晚了,而且她年紀也大了
Can't we at least defer the arrest?
我們不能夠延后拘捕么?
I don't know. Lawrence, please.
我不知道,勞倫斯,拜托了
You owe me. Thank you. You won't regret this.
你欠我的,謝謝,你不會后悔的
Excuse me, officer?
打擾一下,警官?
Can I get my gun back, please?
我能拿回我的槍嗎?
When ADA Raines gets back, have her call me immediately.
當地區檢察官助理雷恩斯回復后,馬上接給我
Yes, sir. Thank you.
是的,先生,謝謝
Could I borrow you for a minute?
我能占用你幾分鐘嗎?
Opposing counsel has made an offer.
對方律師提出了一個建議
I'm trying to get these people to take it.
我在試圖說服我的委托人接受它
I'm hoping that you can explain to them that this is as good as it gets.
我希望你能夠向她們解釋這是個很好的選擇
Do I get a hint?
能給點提示么?
It involves invasion of privacy.
涉及到侵犯隱私
A woman, Jackie Hayden, access was
一位女性,杰基?海登
gained to her personal medical records.
她的醫療記錄被盜取了
Invasion of privacy, there's an
侵犯隱私,這可是
increasingly familiar tune these days.
最近熱門的話題,(侵犯隱私是96年的一部電影,于本集前播出)
This is a little worse than your
這比你那些關于某人被解雇了之類的
typical case of someone being denied a job
官司要糟糕一點
because of a preexisting condition.
因為還有隱情
How much worse?
有多糟?
He never beat me, just my mother.
他從來沒有打過我,只是打我母親
I finally got out when I was 16.
我16歲的時候終于得到解脫
A few years later, Emily's mom
幾年后,艾米麗的母親杰基
Jackie came to us at the women's shelter.
來到女性庇護所尋求我們的保護
She was a mess.
她當時一團糟
They promised my dad would never find her there.
他們保證說我父親絕對不會發現她在那
For obvious reasons, the name, phone number
出于明顯的原因,姓名,電話號碼
and location of the shelter are kept confidential.
庇護所的地址都是保密的
We put Emily's mom in touch with a psychiatrist for
我們為艾米麗的母親找了一個心理醫生
posttraumatic stress disorder.
為她治療精神創傷
The cost of which was covered...
而費用由...
Under her HMO.
她的HMO(衛生維護組織)支付
Unfortunately, the HMO, "Well Benefits" posted Jackie's information,
不幸地是那間HMO將杰基的信息,,包括她醫生的姓名
including the name and address of her psychiatrist on their web site.
和地址都在他們的網站,"Well Benefits"貼了出來
Emily's father found Jackie's
艾米麗的父親通過那"Well Benefits"網站
psychiatrist via the "Well Benefits" web site
發現了杰基的心理醫生
and tracked her down at the psychiatrist's office.
然后在醫生的診所找到了她
And that's where...
就在那里...
he killed her.
他殺了她
So this is a wrongful death action,
那么這是一宗非法致死案
and Well Benefits has offered you a settlement?
"Well Benefits"是否提供了和解的協議?
$20,000, no admission of liability.
2萬美元,不代表承認責任
Regarding the settlement, I have to agree.
對于這份協議,我必須表示同意
Thank you, Alan. Not with you.
謝謝,艾倫 ,不是同意你
With you.
是同意你
The offer is insulting. These people need to be taught a lesson.
這個建議是很無禮的,這些人需要得到教訓
Would you excuse us one moment?
請給我們點時間
$20,000.
2萬美元
That's a lot of money for a 19yearold girl,
對19歲的少女來說這夠多的了
and I brought you in to make this go away.
而我是讓你來說服她們的
I won't do that.
我不會這樣做的
What happened to Jackie Hayden was a nightmare,
發生在杰基?海登身上的事是一個噩夢
but to blame the HMO, there was a supervening act.
但是譴責HMO這只是一個附加行為而已
Technically, well benefits didn't break the law.
技術上來說,他們并沒有違反法律
But there was a foreseeable danger.
但是這是可預見的威脅
There are consequences in this case,
這個案子的結果表明
dire consequences to putting someone's
把某人的隱私信息披露在網上
most personal information on the internet.
會帶來很壞的后果
Well benefits should have known that.
"Well benefits"應該想到這一點
I say we clobber them over the head with it.
我認為我們應該給他們一個教訓
This is why people don't ask your opinion a lot.
這就是人們不喜歡問你意見的原因
Most likely.
大致如此
Lorraine, ham and provolone on a baguette. Lorraine
你要的波蘿伏洛干酪火腿三文治
Do you have anything without bread?
你有不帶面包的品種嗎?
These are sandwiches. They have bread.
這些是三文治,它們都有面包
Well, there's a thing called "protein style".
有樣東西叫做"純凈蛋白飲食方式"
Yeah, if it don't have bread, it ain't
是的,但是如果沒有面包
a sandwich, and I only do sandwiches.
就不是三文治了,我只賣三文治
Do you know who I am? I am Denny Crane's fiance.
你知道我是誰嗎?我是丹尼?克蘭的未婚妻
Yeah, so?
知道,那又如何?
Hey, Mr. Chase, roast beef and havarti.
嗨,蔡斯先生,你的哈瓦蒂干酪烤牛肉三文治
Catherine, what are you doing here? Catherine
你來這干嗎?
I just tried to reach you at your house.
我剛打電話去你家找你呢
I was in the neighborhood. I wanted to see
我剛好在附近,我想知道
if there was any news on my case.
關于我的案子有沒有新的進展
There isn't. I put in a call to the DA's office. I have yet to hear back.
還沒,我給地區檢察官辦公室打了個電話,正在等回音
Now about your finances...
現在我們來談談你的財政狀況...
Oh, we can talk finances and trial strategy.
噢,我們可以討論一下財政狀況和審判策略
Um, can we use osteoporosis as a defense?
我們能夠用骨質疏松癥來辯訴嗎?
Do you have it?
你得了骨質疏松癥?
No, but I have a little pillow I can put under my shirt.
沒有,但是我有一個小枕頭,我可以把它放在衣服下
We'll keep that in our arsenal.
把它作為后備吧
So Catherine...
那么卡瑟琳...
Do you want to talk more now?
你還有話要說嗎?
I was gonna catch up with the girls in word processing.
我本來準備去找那個做文字處理的女孩的
Oh, okay. Why don't you do that?
噢,好吧,你去吧
But don't worry. I'll be here.
別擔心,我會在這里的
I've cleared my schedule. This gets top priority.
我清空了我的日程安排,這個事情放在首位
As it should, given you're facing 25 to life.
應該的,考慮到你會被判刑
What happened to the sandwich guy?
賣三文治那人出了什么問題?
Uh, Bev fired him.
呃,貝弗解雇了他
Bev doesn't work here. Well, then I fired him.
貝弗莉不在這里工作,那么,我解雇了他
Denny, I thought we agreed you wouldn't
丹尼我以為我們已經達成了協議
fire anyone after you let Vicky Donchey go.
從你趕走了Vicky Donchey后不再解雇任何人
She wasn't pulling her weight.
因為她工作不夠努力
She was a client.
她是我們的委托人
Let me tell you something, Shirley.
讓我告訴你一些東西,雪莉
You know why this firm is going into the dumper?
你知道為什么這家事務所走下坡路了嗎?
Our profits were up 5% last quarter.
我們的利潤上個季度上升了5%
People are being coddled.
大伙都被寵壞了
Bunch of layabouts.
一群懶人
Be careful of the cuticle, Ming.
小心表皮,明
Denny... it's starting.
丹尼...又開始了
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
Bev, she's following a similar
貝弗她正開始變得和你的
pattern to your five previous wives.
前5任妻子一樣
It starts with her firing the sandwich guy
一開始是解雇賣三文治的
and ends with her influencing policy at
最后她會影響這間事務所的政策
this firm, and it will not be tolerated.
而這是不能容忍的
Now, Shirley, we both know what this is all about.
雪莉其實我們都知道這是什么回事
No, we do not both know what this is about.
不,我們不都知道這是什么回事
It's not about me being jealous of Bev.
這并不是我在嫉妒貝弗
It's about getting the sandwich guy back!
而是要把賣三文治的找回來!
All right, all right. Jeez,
好吧,好吧
if I'd known it was such a big deal... I'll talk to Bev.
早知道這么大件事...我會和貝弗談談
Happy ending, Mr. Crane?
皆大歡喜,肖爾先生?
Oh, not today, Ming.
噢,今天不是,明
I'm engaged now.
我訂婚了
Wellesley memorial, oncology.
韋爾茲利紀念醫院,腫瘤科
Room 4175.
4175房
There is a phone block on that room.
這間病房拒絕電話接入
Could you help me out here? I'm his, um, girlfriend.
你能幫幫我嗎?我是他的,呃,女朋友
Hold one second, please.
請稍等
Hello, Ms. Bauer? This is Laura Buckingham, Mr. Post's personal assistant.
你好,鮑爾小姐?,我是Laura Buckingham Post先生的私人助理
Oh, thank God! How is the chemo going?
噢,感謝上帝,化療進行得怎么樣?
He's indisposed at the moment,
他目前不太舒服
but he wanted me to personally assure you he's well.
但是他要我親自向你保證,他很好
I will phone you in a few days following his treatment.
接下來的療程中我會致電你告知情況
Uh, could you tell Mr. Post that, um...
呃,你能否告訴波斯特先生,呃...
Tell him I, um...
告訴他,我,呃...
I'm thinking of him. I will.
我在想他,我會的
They're here.
他們來了
Let's go.
我們走
Rejected?
被駁回?
You've got to be kidding!
你在開玩笑吧!
No, I'm much funnier when I'm kidding.
不,我開玩笑的話比這有趣多了
I thought this was worked out. I thought so, too.
我以為事情已經解決了,我也是這么想的
After further consideration, we decided that the offer was inadequate.
經過深思熟慮,我們認為這個建議不夠恰當
Oh, what a bunch of crap!
噢,一堆廢話!
Young lady, I don't know what nonsense these lawyers
年輕的女士,我不知道這些律師和你說了多少
have been telling you about HMOs and their deep pockets.
關于HMO和我們多富有的廢話
Please direct your unfounded arrogance at me.
請將你那傲慢自大的話針對我說
Okay, fine.
好吧
You two are just trying to make an issue when there is no issue.
你們倆正在試圖無中生有
No issue? I'm sorry.
無中生有?很抱歉
Did this young woman's mother suddenly spring back to life?
這位年輕女士的母親突然間活過來了嗎?
Her father killed her mother, and we are all upset about that,
她父親殺了她母親,我們都感到遺憾
but it was not our fault. However, to make this go away,
但是這不是我們的過錯,盡管如此,為了解決這件事
we were willing to give her a gift of $20,000.
我們還是愿意給她2萬美元的禮物
Well, as a gift, that's very sweet of you.
不錯,對于禮物來說,你們夠慷慨的了
We'll put it in the den next to the armoire.
我們會妥善收下的
However, as compensation that you owe Emily Hayden
但是,你們欠艾米麗?海登的賠償來說
because your negligence led to her mother being brutally murdered,
由于你們的疏忽導致她母親被殘忍地殺害了
your offer is offensive, even more offensive than your tone.
你們的建議實在是很無禮,比你的語氣無禮得多
We're done!
沒什么好談的了!
The law is on our side, Mr. Shore.
法律站在我們這邊肖爾先生
Tragedies happen every day.
悲劇每天都發生
Yes, and you're about to experience one firsthand.
是的,你很快就會親自經歷一番
See you in court.
法庭上見
Aren't you glad you brought me on board?
把我騙上賊船你不是應該很高興嗎?
Mr. Hayden, is it true you stabbed your
海登先生,你是否用一把餐刀
wife to death with a kitchen knife?
把你的妻子捅死了?
Yes.
是的
You hunted her down? Yes.
你追蹤她? 是的
You lay in wait? Yes.
你在等她? 是的
And finally, after you both exchanged words,
而最后,在經過短暫交談之后
you pulled the knife out and stabbed her seven times in the chest.
你拿出刀朝她的胸部刺了7刀
Yes.
是的
Before you killed Emily's mother Jackie,
在你殺死艾米麗的母親杰基前
she was living at Renew, a battered women's shelter?
她是否住在一間女性庇護所?
That was my understanding.
我的理解是這樣
A shelter, the location of which was kept confidential.
這間庇護所的地址是保密的
As far as I knew.
據我所知是的
Could you tell us how you came to learn of Jackie's whereabouts?
你能告訴我們你是怎么了解到杰基的行蹤的?
My computer. Specifically?
我的電腦,具體呢?
I logged on to Well Benefits' web site.
我登陸了Well Benefits的網站
Jackie's HMO.
杰基的HMO
I had her social security number and her date of birth.
我有她的社會保障號碼和出生日期
That's all I needed to access the records.
這就是登陸所需的條件
And what did you find?
然后你發現了什么?
Her explanation of benefits.
她的受益說明
It had on it what she was being treated for,
上面寫著她正在接受治療
the location of her doctor and what her copay was.
有她醫生的地址和掛號費用
I noticed she was seeing the same shrink every Monday,
我留意到她每個星期都去同一個醫生
so I went and waited for her outside his office.
因此我去他的辦公室外面等她
Emily?
艾米麗?
The good was we just made a strong
好的方面是我們給陪審團帶來
opening impression with the jury.
一個很好的開局印象
The bad was you just had to listen to testimony
壞的方面是你必須旁聽你父親
of how your father killed your mother.
如何殺死你母親的證詞
That's something that nobody should ever have to experience.
這是人們不應該體驗的經歷
Here's what you should know about lawyers.
關于律師,你需要知道一些東西
I could have sat you down and prepared you for this testimony so as to brace you.
我本可以讓你坐下來準備好接受證詞
I chose not to.
但是我沒有那么做
No tears for the plaintiff, no tears for the jury,
原告沒有悲傷就難以感動陪審團
less money.
賠償款就少
But, Emily, we don't have to keep going here.
但是艾米麗,我們不必要這樣繼續下去
If you feel this... I want to keep going.
如果你感到... 我要繼續
You're sure?
你確定?
Yes.
是的
Okay.
好的
But if you don't care to be in the courtroom...
但是如果你不想呆在庭上...
I want to be there.
我要呆在那里
From this point on, that's not entirely necessary.
從現在起,這并不是必須的
I want to be there!
我要在那里!
I want you to get him, and I want to see you get him!
我要他得到報應,我要親眼看著他得到報應!
Get who, Emily?
誰,艾米麗?
We're suing a company.
我們在起訴的是一家公司
So I heard Lynette's cyst didn't go away,
我聽說利奈特的囊腫還在
and they're gonna have to lance it.
而他們準備開刀把它切掉
All that and her...
這一切還有她...
Hello, Denny.
你好丹尼
Do you still remember who I am?
你還記得我是誰嗎?
Or did I leak out your whiffleball brain?
還是你的空腦袋已經把我忘了?
Now her, I know we fired.
她,我可以確定我們解雇了
Alan, any news of the case? Yes.
艾倫案子有進展嗎? 是的
Well, make it quick, because I'm having lunch with Judy.
那好,快說,我還要和朱蒂吃午餐呢
Her husband's... again. Well, I have good news.
她的丈夫又...了,好的,我有好消息
The grocery clerk was too busy driving
那位店長忙著開他的新車兜風
around in his plush new ride to press charges,
以至于沒有空來提出控訴
and the DA won't prosecute without a complaining witness.
而沒有證人地區檢察官將不會起訴
What does that mean?
什么意思?
Your case is dismissed. You're free and clear.
你的案子已經解決了,你沒事了
Really?
真的?
Catherine, this is good news. Catherine
這是好消息
There are only two "get out of jail free" cards in the game,
游戲里只有2張免獄卡
and you've used them both up.
而你2張都用完了
I did, didn't I? Yes, you did.
是的,不是嗎? 是的
Catherine, I want you to have this. Catherine
我想你收下這個
$3,000?
3千美元?
I hope you're not expecting sex for this.
我希望你不是要求我和你上床
I am not. Consider it back pay.
不是,把它看成是你的欠薪吧
Thank you, Alan.
謝謝你艾倫
We'll have dinner soon to celebrate.
我們很快會一起吃個晚飯慶祝一下
You want to rehire the sandwich guy?
你要重新雇用那個賣三文治的?
Well, it wasn't that big a deal.
是的,不是什么很大的事情
Not a big deal?
不是很大的事情?
How would you feel if he raped me?
如果他強奸我怎么辦?
What would you do, just sweep that under the rug?
你會怎么做,當沒看到?
Oh, come on, Bev. I know the guy upset you.
噢,別這樣貝弗,我知道他得罪了你
Damn right he upset me. He was completely rude.
沒錯他得罪了我,他非常的無禮
But, Denny, I mean, my feelings don't matter here.
但是,丹尼,我的意思是,我的感受并不重要
The sandwich guy didn't disrespect Beverly Bridge.
那個賣三文治的并不是對貝弗莉?布里奇無禮
He disrespected the fiance of Denny Crane.
他是對丹尼?克蘭的未婚妻無禮
He disrespected you.
他是對你無禮
That son of a bitch.
那個狗娘養的
If you turn to page 56, appendix B...
如果你翻到56頁,附錄B...
Uh, sorry, folks. Talked it over with Bev.
呃,打擾了大伙,和貝弗談過了
The sandwich guy? Still out.
賣三文治的?滾蛋
Okay, we need to deal with this now.
好吧,我們現在要先討論這個了
We need to deal with the sandwich guy
我們要放下手上數百萬美元的布萊克?梅爾熱案子
instead of the multimilliondollar Blake Merger?
來處理那個賣三文治的?
No, Bev's influence on Denny.
不,Bev正在向丹尼施加影響
Yeah, believe me, that's next on my agenda.
是的,相信我,這是另外一個議程
Bev fired the sandwich guy. I went to Denny.
貝弗解雇了賣三文治的,我去找丹尼
He talked to Bev, and the sandwich guy is still fired.
他和貝弗談了,那個賣三文治的還是被解雇了
It's Angie all over again. Or Marcia.
她是安吉的翻版,,或者瑪西婭
Or Clovis. From what I have seen,
或者克洛維斯 ,就我看來
Bev is much more formidable than any of the previous Mrs. Cranes.
貝弗比丹尼的任何一個前妻都可怕
If she gets Denny to take his name off the door,
如果她讓丹尼把名字從門上取下來
people will think the firm's in trouble.
人們會以為這間事務所出了問題
Clients will stampede out of here.
委托人都會被嚇跑
I have an idea.
我有個主意
I realize I haven't been partner for very long, so let me ask you both,
我知道我成為合伙人并不久,所以我想問問你們倆
how much discretion would I have to make this Bev problem go away?
如果我讓這個貝弗麻煩消失,,我能使用多大權力?
No chopping off fingers.
不要砍手指
No violence of any kind.
不要使用任何暴力行為
None, I promise.
不會,我保證
Then you have as much discretion as you need.
那你可以放手去做
And in comparison with other
和其他HMO機構相比較
HMOs, Well Benefits would rank where?
"Well Benefits"處于什么地位?
Several prominent publications have listed us
數個出名出版物將我們列為
at the top of our field in terms of customer satisfaction.
我們這個行業顧客滿意度最高的公司
And in terms of your web site, specifically security?
你們的網站呢,尤其是安全性方面?
It is considered userfriendly but sound.
被認為是易于使用并且可靠的
We meet the accepted business standard for internet security.
我們的網絡安全性達到了商業上接受的標準
If Mr. Hayden uses his criminal ingenuity to illegally obtain information,
如果海登先生使用他的犯罪技巧,非法地獲得了信息
that's horrible, but it's what he chose to do.
那很可怕,但是是他的選擇
Mr. Orchard, according to my records,
奧查德先生,根據我的文件記錄
your company generates approximately
你的公司每年大概可以獲得
$1.5 billion in revenues each year.
15億的收入
Is that right? Approximately.
對嗎? 大概是的
Oh, forgive me, your honor.
噢,原諒我,法官閣下
Before I began my crossexamination,
在我開始交叉詢問之前
I meant to congratulate Mr. Orchard.
我想先祝賀奧查德先生
His wife recently gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter.
他的妻子最近剛生下一名漂亮的女孩
Thank you.
謝謝你
8 pounds, 15 ounces. Healthy, happy? 8
磅15盎司,很健康,高興嗎?
Thank goodness, yes.
謝天謝地,是的
She was a bit jaundiced when she came out, though,
雖然她剛生下來的時候臉色有點黃
had a little fluid in her lungs which needed to be aspirated.
肺部有點液體,需要用用抽吸裝置抽吸出來
Sorry? No, I'm sorry.
抱歉你說什么? 不,我很抱歉
I didn't mean to disregard your other children,
我并不想漠視你的其他孩子
which so often happens with the arrival of the new one.
雖然有新生命誕生時經常如此
You have a 4yearold and a 10yearold.
你還有一個4歲和一個10歲的孩子
Your honor!
法官閣下!
Your honor, I just thought Mr. Orchard would like to know
法官閣下,我只是想奧查德先生會想知道
his 10yearold Carly likes Max Babcock,
他10歲的孩子卡莉,喜歡的人是麥克斯?巴布科克
though Max doesn't know if he likes her back.
雖然麥克斯不知道是否應該喜歡她
At least that's what I ascertained from the chat room.
至少這是我在聊天室里看到的
Objection! All this objecting.
反對! 所有這些都令人反感
Mr. Jovanka, you seem in such a nasty mood.
喬萬卡先生,你看上去心情很不好
Could it be the new Lexus you ordered online from a broker has been delayed?
是不是因為你在網上定購的,新款雷克薩斯車的發貨延遲了?
Gosh, I hope you're not forced to keep
糟了,我希望你不用被迫使用
driving that sedan with the dent in it
你那由于最近的小車禍
from your recent fender bender.
而導致帶有凹痕的老車
Mr. Shore! Yes, your honor
肖爾先生! 是的,法官閣下
By the way, you need to renew your car registration,
隨便說句,你需要更新你小車的注冊資料了
but congratulations on your colonoscopy.
但是向你的結腸鏡檢查結果表示祝賀
Mr. Shore! Too personal?
肖爾先生! 太私人了?
It was just information I was able to obtain from web sites
這僅僅是我可以從網站上獲得的信息而已
which employ the accepted business standard for internet security.
他們的網絡安全性都達到了商業上接受的標準
That is what you called it, Mr. Orchard, correct?
你是這么說的對吧,奧查德先生
Correct.
是的
Here's what I don't understand.
這是我不明白的地方
You're a billiondollar company.
你是一間十億美元市值的公司
You're in the business of ensuring the health and wellbeing of your clientele.
你們從事保障顧客健康的生意
And yet, you weren't able to ensure the safety of their records,
而你們不能夠保證他們的隱私的安全
which you could have done had you spent
而這僅僅需要你在網絡安全上投入
just a fraction of those billions on internet security.
你十億市值的一小部分就可以實現
Mr. Shore, as we all know, health care costs have spun out of control.
肖爾先生,眾所周知,健康保險費用在急劇地上升
Information technology is the single largest cost
信息技術對于我們,和其余的財富1000強企業來說
for us and for all other Fortune 1000 companies.
都是一筆很大的開支
If we had upgraded to a more secure system,
如果我們升級一個更安全的系統
more people would have had to do without health care.
更多的人也許會喪失擁有健康保險的機會
And yet fewer would have been murdered.
而會有更少的人被殺害
Thank you.
謝謝
To Denny Crane.
為丹尼?克蘭干杯
Now, Brad, did you really ask me here on business,
那么布拉德,你真的是因為公事邀請我來這里的
or are you trying to do a little movein on Denny Crane's girl?
還是你對丹尼?克蘭的女人有點企圖?
Just business.
只是公事
I'm here to talk about you and Denny.
我想和你談談你和丹尼
Well, we're very much in love.
我們非常相愛
If anything changes, though, I'll let you know.
盡管如此,如果有變化,我會讓你知道的
Well, as you know, Denny's been married several times,
你知道,丹尼結過很多次婚
and each time, it's ended in divorce.
而每次都以離婚告終
And each divorce has been traumatic
而每次離婚都對丹尼和
and ultimately costly for Denny and Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
Crane Poole & Schmidt事務所造成很大,的精神上和金錢上的傷害
Don't worry about it, Brad.
別擔心這個布拉德
I'm sure I'm gonna sign any prenup that Denny wants me to.
我肯定丹尼會讓我簽一份婚前協議的
This isn't about a prenup.
這和婚前協議無關
This is about avoiding the turmoil of marriage and divorce altogether.
總而言之,這是為了避免婚姻和離婚的騷亂
You lost me.
我沒聽明白
I'll make it simple.
我說簡單點
I'm prepared to give you $500,000 right now
我打算現在給你50萬美元
if you walk away and never have any contact with Denny Crane ever again.
如果你愿意離開丹尼?克蘭,并不再和他有任何聯系
It will save us a lot of money, time and grief.
這樣我們可以節省很多金錢,時間和麻煩
But I want you to know that we will aggressively fight
但是我要你明白,我們會盡一切努力
to keep you from exercising any control over Denny or the firm.
阻止你對丹尼或者這間事務所施加影響
I'm gonna tell you two things.
我要告訴你兩件事
First, I love Denny Crane with all my heart,
第一,我全心全意愛著丹尼?克蘭
and I will never leave him, not for all the money in the world.
就算你給我全世界所有的錢,我也不會離開他
And second...
而第二...
in a moment, you're going to pour your glass of wine all over yourself.
很快,你就會將自己杯子的酒倒在自己身上
Crap!
該死!
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好
I always feel slightly sick to my stomach
每當我在辦公室獨自加班到很晚的時候
when I work alone in the office late at night.
我都感覺到胃有一點不舒服
I thought you liked being alone.
我以為你喜歡獨自一人
Oh, I love being alone.
噢,是的我喜歡獨自一人
I just prefer to be alone when there's other people around.
我只是更喜歡在我獨自一人的時候,旁邊有其他人存在
So how are you doing?
你還好嗎?
Fine.
很好
I have a rabbi friend with a small gambling problem
我有一個猶太學者朋友,他有一點博弈方面的小毛病
who, when he hears someone say they're fine,
每當他聽見某人說他們很好時
he always asks again until they
他就會不斷地反復問直到他們
say something other than "fine".
說出"很好"以外的東西
So...
那么...
how are you doing?
你還好嗎?
I'm seeing someone who's dying of lung cancer.
我正在和一個得了晚期肺癌的人交往
And while he is a very wealthy man,
而盡管他是一個很富有的人
he can't buy his way out of the secondary cancers
他卻不能用錢擺脫由癌癥初期治療引起的
that the treatment for the first cancers are causing.
癌癥末期的癥狀
And here's the kicker.
而最棘手的是
He, um, Daniel...
他,呃,丹尼爾...
has completely shut me out of his life.
完全把我擋在了他的生活之外
So now I just wait.
所以我現在只能等待
Denise, I don't know you very well.
丹尼斯雖然我不是很了解你
However, you don't strike me as the type of woman who just waits...
但是,你給我的印象并不是,像一個只會等待的女人...
for anything.
無論什么事
May I help you?
我可以幫你嗎?
I'd like to buy some earplugs, please.
我想要買一對耳塞
$2.03.
2.03元
Oh, I'm in trouble now.
噢,我現在有麻煩了
Yes.
是的
What's with me? Indeed.
我怎么了? 確實
I certainly have a lack of impulse control.
我肯定是缺乏沖動控制
I must have ADD or OCD.
我應該是得了注意力不足癥(ADD)或者強迫癥(OCD)
Or one of those other letter things.
或者其他類似的東西
But I don't want you to think I'm not aware of the hole we're in.
但是我不想你認為我不在乎我們的處境
I get it.
我明白
That's why I want you to know
因此我想你知道
I'm willing to roll up my sleeves
我愿意做好準備
and work with you on this.
和你一起解決它
Maybe we can set up a little office for me at the firm.
也許我們可以在事務所里,設立一個小辦公室來處理它
I'll be back. Sir.
我會回來的,先生
Don't go anywhere.
哪都別去
What in the hell were you thinking?
你到底在想什么?
Well, you both gave me discretion to make her go away.
你們說只要能讓她離開,我可以放手去做的
But she didn't go away!
但是她沒有離開!
So you made this insane offer,
你提出一個導致事務所陷入危機的愚蠢建議
put the firm at risk for nothing?
卻毫無所獲?
When this gets back to Denny, and it will,
當這消息傳到丹尼耳朵里
he is going to blow sky high.
他定會勃然大怒
Now Bev has a chip to play against us.
現在貝弗有對付我們的籌碼了
Bev turned down the offer that I made her.
貝弗拒絕了我提出的建議
She was very offended. She, um...
她非常不愉快,她,呃...
Set my tie on fire. Oh, God!
點燃了我的領帶,噢,上帝!
But before she tuned me down, she hesitated.
但是在她拒絕我之前,她猶豫了
Just a little bit, but she hesitated.
只是一會兒,但是她猶豫了
This is going to get ugly.
事情將會變得很丑陋
How can I not testify?
為什么我不能作證?
You said yourself I'm the emotion in the case.
你自己說過我是這個案子的情緒焦點
I'm thinking too much emotion.
我想情緒可能有點過頭了
I, I don't understand.
我,我不明白
Emily, I could put you on the stand,
艾米麗我可以讓你上證人席
exhibit your anger and sadness for the jury,
向陪審團展示你的憤怒和悲傷
and they will be moved, but
而他們會被打動,但是
then the defense has their turn,
輪到被告時
and they'll exploit those very same emotions,
他們同樣也會利用這些情緒
taking advantage of your pain.
利用你的痛苦
They'll argue that your vengeance is truly meant for your father,
他們會辯稱你的復仇心理是針對你的父親
and you've refocused it toward Well Benefits,
而你把它發泄到"Well Benefits"身上
the deepest pockets you could find.
從而有機會獲得高額的賠償
And they'll have the jury convinced it's a misdirected
他們會讓陪審團判定這是誤導
and therefore frivolous lawsuit, and that's how we'll lose.
因此訴訟無效,我們將會輸掉
I suspect the most difficult thing one could ask of you is trust,
我想獲取你的信任是一件困難的事
but that's exactly what I'm asking for now, Emily.
但是這正是我現在對你的要求艾米麗
Let's get in there.
我們回到庭里吧
Mr. Shore...
肖爾先生...
I wish I could get you to come to the shelter.
我希望你可以到庇護所去
So many of the women there desperately need legal advice,
那兒有許多絕望的女性需要法律建議
someone who will speak to them openly and honestly.
需要某人坦誠和真誠地和她們交流
Are they cute?
她們可愛嗎?
You don't fool me.
你騙不了我
You're a compassionate man.
你是一個富有同情心的人
We need to get back.
我們需要回到庭上了
Ned Hayden killed his wife.
內德?海登殺害了他的妻子
He's serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
他被判處無期徒刑而且不允許假釋
Justice has been served.
正義已經得到伸張
Emily Hayden's loss is immeasurable,
艾米麗?海登受到的傷害是無法估量的
but whatever closure she is seeking,
但是無論她在尋找什么慰藉
she must find it in her soul or through her God,
她必須要通過內心或者訴諸上帝
not through suing Well Benefits.
而不是通過起訴"Well Benefits"公司來實現
Well Benefits could not reasonably foresee this killing
"Well Benefits"沒有理由會預見到這次殺害
and did nothing to encourage it.
也沒有做起到任何推動作用
They were in compliance with all state
他的網絡安全性是符合聯邦和州
and federal regulations regarding internet security.
的相關規章制度的
If you find for the plaintiff,
如果你們做出對原告的有利判決
you are punishing my client for playing by the rules,
你們就是因我的委托人依法行事而處罰他
and you are opening a Pandora's box of lawsuits,
這樣一來,你們就開啟了潘多拉之盒
not just against HMOs, but against all internet businesses.
不單只牽連到各個HMO公司,而是所有的網上商業行為
And who will ultimately end up paying for that?
而最終誰會為這一切買單?
You know. It's you.
你們知道,是你們自己
When I was 11 years old,
在我11歲的時候
there came a time when the temptation
有一段時間,我對我姐姐的生活感到
to explore the more secretive recesses
十分好奇,探知她的秘密的強大誘惑力
of my older sister's life became more than I could resist.
使我沉迷其中無法自拔
I started by poking around in her room.
我開始在她的房間附近閑蕩
I ended by reading her diary. In my defense,
而最終我讀了她的日記,而我的理由是
she kept it right out in the open, under her mattress.
她把日記本公然地放在她的床墊底下
And the little metal clasp on it was simply no match
而那小小的金屬鎖頭顯然對
for the paper clip and the screwdriver.
回形針和螺絲起子不起作用
I was eventually caught,
我最后被抓到了
prompting my sister to have a lock installed in her door.
導致我姐姐在門上裝了把鎖
The only consequence of the invasion of my sister's privacy
我入侵我姐姐的隱私的唯一后果是
was the temporary loss of her confidence and trust.
我在一段時期內失去了她的信任
The invasion of Jackie Hayden's privacy
而入侵杰基?海登隱私的后果
led to her being stabbed and left to bleed to death in the street.
導致了她被刺傷和在街頭流血致死
Privacy and the safety and security
隱私,安全保障
that that word has always implied has, with time and technology,
這些詞所蘊含的意義,在時間流逝和科技發展中
become an illusion.
已經變成了幻想
The national security agency
國家安全局
has access to all our email the world over with its Echelon system.
通過他們的Echelon系統可以查看我們的,電子郵件(Echelon系統是美國的情報系統)
Virtually every web site you visit
事實上我們瀏覽的每一個網站
installs a delicious cookie onto your computer,
都會在你的電腦里安裝一個美味的"曲奇" (Cookie這里指的是當你訪問某個站點時,隨某個,HTML網頁發送到你的瀏覽器中的一小段信息)
which is in fact a spy to track your every move.
事實上它是一個間諜,可以追蹤你網上的活動
There are predators out in cyberspace collecting data on your children
當你們的孩子在聊天室里聊天時
while they innocently type away in chat rooms.
有人正伺機收集他們的信息
And that little waiver you've signed in the doctor's office
你們在醫生診所里簽下的小文件
most likely allows physicians to share your information on the internet
將允許你的醫生將你的信息放上網
with insurance companies,
和保險公司
the government, your employer and the courts.
政府,你的雇主還有法庭共享
Make no mistake, access to your information is easy.
沒錯,要獲取你的信息非常容易
All you need is a person's 5digit zip code,
你所需的只是個人的五位數字編碼
gender and date of birth to uniquely identify
性別及出生日期
87% of the US population.
就能夠識別美國87%的人口
That is how vulnerable we are, how vulnerable you are.
我們就是這么的脆弱,你們就是這么的脆弱
Well Benefits says they could not have possibly foreseen
韋爾?貝玲妃說他們不可能預見到
the actions of an abusive spouse intent on causing his wife harm.
那位喪心病狂的丈夫會這樣傷害他的妻子
Let me tell you what Jackie Hayden could not foresee,
讓我告訴你們杰基?海登 ,所沒能預料到的是什么
that after years of cruel and violent
在忍受了那么多年她丈夫的
debasement at the hands of her husband,
粗魯和暴力對待后
after she finally found her way out of the shadows,
她最終從陰影中走了出來
she didn't foresee that the people she most trusted
她沒有預見的是她所信任的人
with her health and wellbeing would
她托付健康和幸福的人
lead the darkness right back to her door,
會讓她重新面對黑暗的過去
and now she's dead.
而現在她死了
Well Benefits made it easy for Ned Hayden to find his wife,
韋爾?貝玲妃使內德?海登,很容易就找到了他的妻子
as easy as looking under a mattress.
就像找床墊下的東西一樣
Madame foreperson, you've reached a verdict?
陪審團主席,你們達成一致意見了嗎?
We have, your honor
是的,法官閣下
What say you
是什么?
We the jury find in favor of the plaintiff
我們裁定原告勝訴
and award compensatory
補償賠償金為
damages in the amount of $950,000
95萬美元
and punitive damages in the amount of $2 million.
而懲罰性賠償金為2百萬美元
Your honor, we move for a
法官閣下,我們提請
judgment notwithstanding the verdict,
法官徑自判決動議, (在陪審團裁決后被告,辯護律師可以向法官提出請求法官,不理會陪審團裁決而徑自判決的申請)
or in the alternative, a new trial.
或者案件重新審判動議,(陪審團裁決被告要付原告的損害賠償金額,過高或不當時律師可以提出重新審判申請)
Motion denied.
動議被否決
Jury is dismissed. We are adjourned.
陪審團可以解散了,休庭
Thank you.
謝謝你
Thank you, Mr. Shore. You're welcome.
謝謝你,肖爾先生,,你客氣了
I knew you could win this, Mr. Shore.
我知道你能贏,肖爾先生
Well, that's usually the safe bet.
這種案子通常都穩贏的
Tell me, how does a striking latino
我想知道,一個迷人的拉丁女性
woman come by the name Irma Levine?
為什么會取名叫厄瑪?萊文?
Congratulations on winning your case. Thank you.
恭喜你贏得了這場官司,謝謝你
Great work. Thank you.
干得漂亮,謝謝
I have to go see the DA about Catherine.
我必須去和地區檢察官談談凱瑟琳的事
Are you heading somewhere?
你要去哪嗎?
Or just waiting?
還是只是等待?
No, I'm definitely not waiting.
不,我明顯不會再等了
Let her go?
放了她?
What are you, high? Not yet.
你怎么了,啃藥了? 還沒呢
She already murdered a man.
她已經殺了一個人了
For which a jury found her innocent.
陪審團裁定她無罪
And now she's on a crime spree.
而現在她肆意地犯罪
Twice in the same
兩次都在同一間
convenience store hardly makes a spree.
便利店里說不上是肆意吧
Then what would you call her, an active senior?
那你稱她為什么,一個活躍的老人?
No.
不
I would call her a sad and lonely old woman,
我會稱她為一個孤獨而悲傷的老婦人
a woman who spent many years living in solitude
一個多年來一直孤獨生活
with nothing to occupy her wit and intellect.
沒辦法施展才華的女性
Then one day, she became my assistant,
然后有一天,她成為了我的助手
and suddenly she was in an
突然間,她在這個環境中
environment equal to the task of entertaining
找到了可以施展她的才華
and stimulating her magnificent mind.
的途徑
Then she should have taken up
那么她應該從事
crocheting, not felony robbery.
鉤編工藝之類的活動,而不是去搶劫
Granted.
我同意
But for Catherine, this was not about
但是對于凱瑟琳來說,,這不是為了
malice nor financial gain, nor thrill seeking.
蓄意犯罪或者求財,又或者尋求刺激
It was about getting my attention, and she got it.
只是為了引起我的注意力,而她做到了
Her reign of terror is over.
她的恐怖活動將會結束
I promise.
我保證
She pleads guilty to
如果她對持有槍支的不正當行為
misdemeanor possession of a firearm.
供認不諱的話
I'll recommend probation, no jail time.
我會提出緩刑,不用坐牢
Thank you, Ms. Raines.
謝謝你,雷恩斯小姐
One thing. Yes?
有件事,什么?
I do this for you, you do something for me.
我幫你這個忙,你也要幫我一個忙
I'm listening.
我洗耳恭聽
Get me an interview at Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
幫我取得Crane Poole & Schmidt,事務所的面試機會
Let's just say being a district attorney
可以這么說,作為一個地區檢察官
isn't entertaining and stimulating my magnificent mind.
不是施展我的才華的正確途徑
Just get me in the door. I'll get the job myself,
你幫我引見就可以了,我會憑自己取得工作的
and you'll get Catherine Piper back.
而你可以帶走凱瑟琳?派珀
I'll see what I can do.
我會盡力而為
These are for you, dill pickles.
這是給你的,蒔蘿泡菜
They're supposed to alter the metallic
它們應該可以改善化療過程
taste sensation from the chemotherapy
中產生的金屬味覺
and make your regular food taste better.
這會改善你的日常飲食味覺
Well, that is the nicest
這真是我化療中
chemo gift I've ever gotten.
收到的最好禮物
This may not be the best time to discuss this,
現在也許不是討論的合適時候
but you're weak, and I'm strong.
但是你很虛弱,而我很強壯
You don't get to set all the rules in this relationship.
你不能對我們的交往設立那么多的規矩
Your whole life, you have
在你的一生中
used money to set the rules,
你利用金錢來定自己的規矩
and now you're using your illness.
而現在,你利用了你的病
I think I should be able
我想我應該可以
to. I... I got the bum lung.
我...我的肺壞掉了
I know, I know,
我知道,我知道
but it, it wasn't right
但是,這樣不對
for you to shut me out like that.
你不能這樣把我拒之門外
You're right. I'm sorry.
你說的對,我很抱歉
But if you hit me or anything,
但是如果你要打我或什么的
I might literally die.
我可能就會死掉了
Scoot.
移開點
I've been thinking a good deal about my offer
我一直在想我提出的關于
to hire you as my personal assistant,
聘請你作為我的私人助理的事
I've come to the conclusion,
我得出一個結論
Catherine, that I am a terrible boss.
凱瑟琳我是一個糟糕的老板
Oh, no, dear, I don't think so.
噢,不,親愛的,我可不這么認為
My point is, I've found you a job, a better job.
我的意思是,我給你找了一份工作,一份更好的工作
I don't know.
我不理解
The pay is comparable. It's a startup company,
薪水很好,是一間剛起步的公司
and they need someone with imagination
而他們需要一個有著想像力
and experience, a real people person.
經驗豐富,親民的人
I immediately thought of you.
我馬上就想到了你
Dental?
與牙科有關的工作?
I'm sure something can be worked out.
我相信凡事都有解決的辦法
So what would I be doing?
那么我要做什么?
Pesto chicken, veggie wraps!
蒜香雞,素食套餐!
Roast beef on ciabatta! Come and get it.
意大利拖鞋面包配烤牛肉,大家來買啊
I have fruit and hardboiled eggs
我還有水果和煮雞蛋等
and stuff, but I've got bundt cake.
還有bundt蛋糕
Okay, what are you having there? That's $4 for that.
好吧,你要什么,那個4美元
Thank you very much.
謝謝惠顧
Only a sandwich? Don't you want something sweet?
只要一個三文治?你不要點其他甜點嗎?
I've got sweet buns. Oh, no.
我有甜甜圈,噢
So you're in the sandwich business now?
你現在開始做三文治生意了?
A silent investor.
一個幕后投資者
There you are.
你在這
I've hardly seen you this episode.
這集幾乎沒有見過你
It saddens me.
這使我感到悲哀
Tough case?
棘手的案子?
Yes, lack of privacy on the
是的,網絡上缺乏
internet is complicated and...
隱私是一個很復雜和...
overwhelming.
無法抵抗的情況
It doesn't scare me.
這嚇不倒我
My life's an open book.
我的生活就像一本敞開的書
So you wouldn't mind if someone tapped a few keys
那么你不介意別人打幾個字
and discovered you have mad cow?
就可以發現你得了瘋牛癥?
I don't care. I tell everybody I meet anyway.
我不在乎,我告訴我遇見的每一個人
Ever looked yourself up on the internet?
有在網上查過你自己嗎?
I have. Denny Crane, legal genius. What about you?
有,丹尼?克蘭,法律天才,你呢?
No. I don't want to know me.
沒,我不想知道自己的事
Oh, I know you. You're not so bad.
噢,我了解你,你不是那么地糟
So I've met this girl. You did?
我遇見了這個女孩,是嗎?
Irma Levine. She gives me a bit of trouble. Irma Levine
她給我帶來一點小麻煩
Take her to my wedding.
帶她去我的婚禮
We just met. Bev and I just met.
我們剛剛才認識,我和貝弗也是剛認識
We're the ones getting married.
我們就要結婚了
You are, aren't you?
你要結婚了,是嗎?
Yes, I am.
是的