It's hot in here. Must be Summer. So...where you girls headed?
這兒真熱,一定是夏天了。這個……姑娘們上哪兒去?
Okay, I've found the perfect solution. We get off the train at the next stop in Oxnard. We then take the 1:13 train back to Union Station.
好了 我找到了完美的解決方案,我們在下一站奧克斯那站下車,然后乘1點13的火車到洛杉磯聯合車站。
We take a cab back to the apartment, get my flash drive, and then race to San Luis Obispo, where, assuming the lights are with us and minimal traffic, we'll meet the train.
搭計程車回公寓,拿上我的閃存卡,再迅速趕到圣路易斯奧比斯堡。如果天還沒黑,沒什么堵車的話,我們就能在那兒趕上火車。
I've got a better idea. Are you going to be sarcastic?
我有個更好的主意。你是想諷刺我嗎?
Boy, you take all the fun out of it for me.
孩子,你把我僅有的一點樂趣都剝奪了。
Look, Penny's home. Why don't we just call her, have her go in the apartment, get your flash drive and email you the paper?
聽著,Penny在家。我們為什么不打電話給她,讓她去公寓拿你的閃存卡,然后把論文發郵件給我們呢。
But the flash drive is in a locked drawer in my desk. So?
可閃存卡在我抽屜里,而我的抽屜是鎖著的。那又怎樣?
The key is hidden in my room. So? Penny would have to go into my room. So? People don't go into my room!
鑰匙藏在我的房間里啊。那又怎樣?Penny得進我的房間啊。那又怎樣?任何人不允許進我的房間啊!
I see. Well, it seems once again, you're caught between a rock and a crazy place. Oh, I hate when that happens.
明白了,看來你又一次進退兩難了。哦,我真討厭這種情況。
It's hot in here. It must be Summer. It's hot in here. Must be Summer. It's hot in here. Must be Summer.
這兒真熱,一定是夏天了。這兒真熱,一定是夏天了。這兒真熱,一定是夏天了。
It's hot in here. Must be Summer. That's cute. Really? I just made it up.
這兒真熱,一定是夏天了。真有趣。是嗎?我剛剛自己編的。
Have you seen Slumdog Millionaire? Oh, yeah, I loved it. It's loosely based on my life.
你看過《貧民窟的百萬富翁》嗎?看過啊,我愛死這部電影了。大體上是根據我的經歷改編的。
Yeah, we're putting the play on for one night in this little 99seat theater. Can you come?
是啊,我們的劇要在99座的小劇院上演一晚,你能來嗎?
Oh, great. Do you know 98 other people that might want to come? Oh, hang on.
噢好極了。知道哪98個人也愿意來嗎?哦等一下。
Hello? Listen carefully. I'm about to give you a set of instructions, which you must follow to the letter.
喂?仔細聽好,我要告訴你一系列指示你必須嚴格按照指示做。
Just a sec. The theater is above a bowling alley, so it's a little noisy, but it might be the only chance I'll ever get to play Anne Frank.
等一下。劇院在一個保齡球球道上面所以有點嘈雜,但這可能是我飾演安妮?弗蘭克的唯一機會了。
And the director is brilliant. He uses the bowling sounds as, like, Nazi artillery. Okay, great, I'll see you then.
而且導演太有才了,他利用樓下保齡球的聲音作納粹炮火聲的音效。好吧太好啦,那到時見了。
Hello? Okay, step four. Do you see that small plastic case on my dresser?
喂?好,第四步。你看見我梳妝臺上的小塑料盒了嗎?
Your dresser? Who is this? It's Sheldon. Oh, hey, Sheldon! How is San Francisco?
你的梳妝臺?你是誰啊?是Sheldon啊。嗨,Sheldon,舊金山怎么樣?
I'm not in San Francisco. I'm on a train. Were you even listening to me?
我不在舊金山。我在火車上呢。你剛才沒有在聽嗎?
Uh, no, I was talking to my friend, but what's up?
沒有,我在和朋友聊天,你有什么事?
What's up? I'll tell you what's up.
什么事?我來告訴你怎么回事。
I'm in a crisis situation, and I need you to marshal your powers of concentration, limited as they may be...
我陷入危急情況,我需要你盡可能的集中精力集中到……
Give me the phone. Hi, Penny. It's Leonard.
把手機給我。嗨,Penny。我是Leonard。
Hey, Leonard. What's going on with Dr. Wkadood? He's calling to ask you a favor.
嘿,Leonard,怪里怪氣博士怎么了?他打電話請你幫忙。
You might be confused because he didn't use the words, "Penny," "Sheldon," "please" or "favor."
估計你沒搞明白,因為他沒說“"Penny”,“Sheldon”,“請”,“幫忙”等詞匯。
Enough chitchat. Okay, step one. Locate your emergency key to our apartment.
夠了,別聊天了。好,第一步。將你的緊急備用鑰匙插入我們公寓大門。
Step two, enter our apartment. Step three... Enter my bedroom.
第二步,進入我們的公寓。第三步……進入我的臥室。
And step four, Oh, hang on, Sheldon, getting another call. No!
第四步,Sheldon,等等,有電話來了。不!
Leonard, let me tell you something. Personal robots cannot get here soon enough.
Leonard,我告訴你,私人機器人沒那么快到達這里。
And that bright little star peeking her head out early today. That's Venus.
那顆清晨偷偷探出頭一瞥的閃亮星星就是金星。
That is so cool. You really know a lot about space.
太酷了。你真的很了解太空。
Come on. When you were on TV in Firefly, you were actually in space.
拜托,你在電視上演《螢火蟲》時,實際就是在太空上。
You're not one of those guys who really believe that, are you?
你不是真的相信吧?
You mean one of the hopeless geeks? No. Those are crazy people.
你是說那些絕望的怪家伙?才不是,那是群瘋子。
Howard, be a dear and get me another one of these. Now, him, he's one of those geeks.
Howard,行行好,幫我再拿一杯這個。看他,就是怪家伙之一。
All right, now, before you enter my bedroom unescorted, I need you to understand that this one time grant of access does not create a permanent easement.
好現在,在你獨自進入我的臥室前,我需要你弄清楚,一次進入許可并不代表永久通行權。
Easement. It's a legal right of access. Good grief. What? No, don't put me on hold. Do you believe him?
通行權。是合法進入權。老天爺啊。什么?別啊,別讓我再等了。你能相信他嗎?
Normally around women, he has the personality of a boiled potato.
一般一見女人他就跟蔫土豆一樣。
Put one beer in him, and he's Mr. Night Charmalarmalon.
一杯啤酒下了肚,立馬變成魅力先生了。
Is that what he's drinking? It's not even real beer.
他就喝的這個?根本都不算是啤酒啊。
What? Look at it. Nonalcoholic beer. What's going on?
什么?看啊,無酒精。怎么回事?
I don't know. Some sort of placebo effect, I guess. Placebo, you say. Interesting.
不知道,算是安慰劑效應吧。安慰劑,是吧?有意思了。
Yes, I'm still here. Where am I going? I'm on a train.
是啊,當然在。還能去哪?我可是在火車上。
Now, what you'll be looking for is a small wooden box located between a Hoberman's sphere and a sample of quartz flecked with pyrite.
現在在霍伯曼球面和有黃鐵礦斑點的石英樣本中找一個木質的小盒子。
Hoberman's Sphere. It's collapsible icosidodecahedron.
霍伯曼球面是個可折疊的三十二面體。
No, the thing with the time on it is my alarm clock.
不是,上面有時間的是我的鬧表。
Actually, in India, the names of constellations are different.
實際,在印度星座的名字是不一樣的。
Where you have the Big Dipper, we have the Big Curry Pot.
你們說北斗七星是大勺子我們叫大咖喱鍋。
You're making that up. You got me. Now what are you going to do with me?
你瞎編的吧。被你拆穿了。現在打算怎么懲罰我?
Raj. Yes? Look. What am I looking at? You tell me. Non-alcoholic beer.
Raj。啥事?瞧瞧。瞧什么?你說呢。無酒精啤酒...
Hi. I'm the small package good things come in.
嘿。我是完美事物的小小化身。
Okay, I got a box, but there's no key in here. Just letters.
我是找到盒子了,但沒有鑰匙,都是信。
That's the wrong box. Put it back.
拿錯盒子了,放回去。
Oh, Sheldon, are these letters from your grandmother? Don't read those letters!
哦,Sheldon,都是你外婆寄的信?不要讀那些信!
Oh, look, she calls you "Moon Pie." That is so cute. Put down the letters!
呀,瞧瞧她叫你月亮派,多可愛啊。快把信放下!
Hey, Penny. It's Leonard. Hey, Leonard. How's the train ride?
嘿,Penny。我是Leonard。嘿,Leonard火車旅途怎么樣?
Delightful. Listen, I don't know what you're doing right now, but there are little bubbles forming on the corners of Sheldon's mouth.
很開心。聽著,我不知道你在讀什么,不過Sheldon氣得嘴角吐泡了。
Okay, yeah, I kind of crossed a line. Put him back on. Thank you. I'm back. What up, Moon Pie?
好啦,我是越界了。讓他接吧。謝謝。我來了。什么事呀,月亮派?
Nobody calls me Moon Pie but Meemaw! Hey, Penny. Leonard again.
除了外婆外,誰都不許叫我月亮派!嘿,Penny。又是我,Leonard。
So anyway, in the dream, you and I were ice skating, just the two of us.
總之,在夢里,我倆滑冰來著。就我們兩個人。
And then, I picked you up by your ankles and twirled you round and round until your legs tore off.
然后,我拖起你腳踝,轉啊轉,直到你的腿掉下來。
I tried to stick them back on, but before I could, you turned into a giant loaf of pumpernickel bread.
我嘗試把它們接回去的但還沒來得及,你就變成一大塊粗麥面包了。
What do you think that means? I really don't know.
你覺得這是啥意思?我還真不知道。
I'll give you a little clue. My favorite sandwich? Salami on pumpernickel. Is that so?
給你點提示吧,我最愛的三明治,粗麥面包夾意大利香腸。這樣哦?
And did you know the word "pumpernickel" comes from the German words "pumper" and "nickel," which loosely translates to "fart goblin"?
你知不知道粗麥面包是由德文里的pumper和nickel來的,可以大致譯成小笨蛋?
No. I didn't. Okay, I found the box. Now what?
不,不知道。好了找到盒子了,接下來呢?
You're holding a Japanese puzzle box, which takes ten precise moves to open.
你拿著的是日本解謎盒子,要走精確地十步才能打開。
First, locate the panel with the diamond pattern and slide the center portion one millimeter to the left.
首先,用鉆石圖案找到嵌板將中間部分向左移動一毫米。
Then, on the opposite end of the box, slide the entire panel down two millimeters. You'll hear a slight click.
然后,在盒子的背面將整個嵌板向下滑動兩毫米,你會聽到咔噠一聲。
Hang on. Sheldon, do you have any emotional attachment to this box?
等等,Sheldon。你對這盒子有什么特殊感情嗎?
No, it's a velty I ordered off the Internet. Did you hear the click? Not yet. There it is.
沒,是我在網上買的新奇玩意,聽到咔噠聲沒有?還沒。有了。
Okay, here's another one. If you married the famous rock guitarist Johnny Winter, you'd be Summer Winter.
好,還有一個,要是你嫁給著名搖滾吉他手約翰?溫特,你就叫夏沫?溫特了。
Okay, I'm going to just go for broke here and say I like you.
好了,跟你直說吧。我喜歡你。
So here's my question: do you realistically see any conversational path that would take me from where we are right now to a place where I could ask you out and you'd say yes? No.
我想問問你,看有沒有可能咱倆聊著聊著,就從現在的尷尬對話過渡到我約你出去,然后你說好?沒有。
Fair enough. I'll leave you in peace. Thank you.
很好,我不打擾你了。謝謝。
But before I go, would you mind if I just take one picture of us together for my Facebook page? Sure.
我走之前呢介不介意咱倆合個影我好放到我Facebook上去?拍吧。
Okay. Great. Now, can I take one where it looks like we're making out?
好的,太棒了,能不能再拍張看起來像是在親熱的?
Okay, now you're going to insert the flash drive into the USB port...
好了,現在把閃存卡插到USB口...
She calls me Moon Pie because I'm nummy nummy and she could just eat me up.
她叫我月亮派,是因為我太柔軟,她想把我吃掉。
Now, please put the flash drive in the USB port. The one that looks like a little duck's mouth.
拜托了,把閃存卡插到USB口。長的像鴨子嘴巴的。
Hey, how'd it go? Terminator broke my phone.
嘿,怎么樣?終結者把我的手機終結了。
Okay, I'll be honest with you. I've just spent the last two hours imagining various scenarios in my head, trying to come up with some clever line to say to you.
好了,實話跟你說吧,兩個小時了我腦子里構想了無數場景想找點啥機智的臺詞跟你說說。
But then I finally realized you're a human being; I'm a human being. I could just say to you...
但我意識到,你是人我也是人,我可以干脆跟你說……
Next stop: Santa Barbara. I'm sorry. This is me.
下一站圣巴巴拉。抱歉我到站了。
Hi, my name is Leonard. So, I'm thinking, you won the Nobel Prize what, three years ago?
嗨,我叫Leonard。于是我就想你是什么時候,3年前得的諾貝爾獎?
So you must deal with a whole lot of "What has Smoot done lately?"
肯定回應了不少"史密斯最近有什么成就"之類的問題。
My thought is we continue my research as aeamyou know, CooperSmoot, alphabetical and when we win the Nobel Prize, you'll be back on top.
我想著咱們組隊繼續我的研究那個,字母順序是庫泊斯姆斯,等我們贏了諾貝爾你又可以重回巔峰了。
With all due respect, Dr. Cooper, are you on crack? Fine! SmootCooper. Wow, what a diva.
恕我直言,庫泊博士,你嗑藥了吧?好啦,叫斯姆斯庫泊還不行么。哦喲,瞧多大的名氣啊。