Honey, what is all this?
親愛的,你弄來些啥玩意兒啊?
Hey, Mam, I'm trying to write these stupid college essay questions. And I really even don't know how to start. OK, what's the question? Tell me.
老媽,我在糾結大學申請的論文題目。但我真不知道該如何下筆。好吧,告訴我是什么題目。
"What's the biggest obstacle you've ever had to overcome?"
"你有生以來遇到的需要克服的最大困難是什么?"
Didn't my third grade teacher say I had, like, A.D.D. or something?
我三年級的老師是不是說我有注意力不足癥什么的?
Oh, no, honey. She said you couldn't ADD.And she put it that way because she also knew you couldn't s-p-e-l-l.
不,寶貝兒。她是說你不會做加法。她用字母說明 是因為她知道你也不會拼寫。
Wait, slow down...Oh...
等一下,慢點,原來如此啊......
Sweet heart. What's this?
親愛的。究竟啥玩意兒?
We talked about this last week. I said I'm building Luke a tree house. You said "fine."
我們上周討論過了不是嗎。我說要給盧克建個小木屋。你說"行"。
You know, sometimes I think you just tune me out.
有時候,我覺得你總是否定我要做的事。
I never told her. She just would have said "No."
我從沒跟她說過。因為肯定會被她一票否決。
I don't remember agreeing to this, Phil. This is like the time you backed down the driveway with a hang glider sticking out of the car.
菲爾,我不記得同意過這事兒。就像上次你在車上裝滑翔翼扮大雁倒出車道一樣,都是先斬后奏。
If you'd let me keep that, those geese would have followed me to the wetlands.
如果當初你不阻止我,那些鵝就會跟著我滑向濕地了。
You would have died. A hero.
你會死的。死的光榮。
So we spread out a nice blanket, opened up a bottle of vino, and watched the sun set over the water.
于是我們鋪開毯子,打開一瓶紅酒,然后欣賞日落海平線。
It was majestic. Majestic.
好壯麗哦。非常壯麗。
Why? Why we never have the picnic?
為什么?我們從來不去野餐?
Who wants to sit on a blanket? There's no back support. It's majestic.
誰喜歡坐在毯子上啊?連個靠背都沒有。但好壯麗的。
Last week, Shorty took me to see the cirque du soleil-- It's like a circus, but classy.
上周,"小短"帶我去看太陽競技團演出,有點像馬戲團表演,不過更高雅。
So if you like elephants, don't hold your breath.
所以如果你喜歡大象的話,趕緊去看吧。
She's so cute.
我老婆可愛吧。
Jay hates the crowds, the beach, the rainbows.
杰總是嫌人多,討厭海灘,厭惡彩虹。
Rainbows? It's just colors in the sky. Do we have to pull over every time and take a picture?
彩虹?不就是天上多點顏色嘛。至于每次看到都停車拍照嗎?
Shame. There's an expression in Italian, Jay-- Dammi la tua mano e corriamo uniti per tutta la vita.
真可惜。意大利有句俗話說得好,杰,"執子之手,與子偕老"。
"Give me your hand and we will run together our whole lives."
"手牽手,我們一起走,把你一生交給我。"
Jay also hates running.
杰也不喜歡"走"。