1、break up
(使)分裂;(被)拆分;(使)破碎
Civil war could come if the country breaks up.
如果國家分裂就會爆發內戰。
There was a danger of the ship breaking up completely.
這艘船有徹底解體的危險。
(戀人)分手;(夫妻)結束關系
My girlfriend had broken up with me.
我的女朋友已跟我分手了。
He felt appalled by the whole idea of marriage so we broke up.
他被結婚的想法嚇住了,因此我們分了手。
散(會);(使)解散
A neighbour asked for the music to be turned down and the party broke up.
因為一個鄰居要求把音樂音量調低,聚會便散了。
Police used tear gas to break up a demonstration.
警察使用催淚瓦斯驅散示威人群。
2、come over
(尤指奇怪或意外的感覺)支配,影響
As I entered the corridor which led to my room that eerie feeling came over me.
走進通往我房間的走廊時,那種怪異恐怖的感覺包圍了我。
I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.
對不起,我不知道自己是怎么回事。
開始覺得;突然表現得
When Connie pours her troubles out to him, Joe comes over all sensitive.
當康妮向他傾訴自己的煩惱時,喬顯得極為體貼。
Now you are coming over all puritanical about nothing.
你太古板了,其實沒什么事。
給人以…印象;顯得
You come over as a capable and amusing companion.
你給人的感覺是一個能干、風趣的同伴。
He came over well — perhaps a little pompous, but nevertheless honest and straightforward.
他給人的印象很好,可能顯得有點自大,不過還是很誠實和直率。