Ok...The X10's are online.
好了,這臺X10已經連上網了。
Gentlemen, I am now about to send a signal from this laptop through our local ISP racing down fibre optic cable at the speed of light to San Fransisco,
先生們,接下來我要從這臺筆記本發出信號,通過本地ISP經由光纖電纜以光速直達舊金山,
bouncing off a satellite in geosynchronous orbit to Lisbon, Portugal,
通過地球同步衛星的反射到達葡萄牙的里斯本,
where the data packets will be headed off to submerge transatlantic cables,
然后數據包就會直通跨大西洋海底電纜,
terminating in Halifax, Nova Scotia and transferred across the continent via microwave relays back to our ISP,
在新斯科舍省的哈利法克斯暫歇之后跨越整個大陸通過微波傳送回我們的ISP,
And the extend receiver attached to this...Lamp.
而擴展接收器就安在這個……燈。
Look at me, look at me. I've got goosebumps.
看看我,看看我,我都起雞皮疙瘩了。
Are we ready for the stereo? Go for stereo.
我們的音響準備好了嗎?試試看音響。
Hey guys. Hello. It's a little loud.
嘿,大家。你好。有點吵哎。
No problem...Turning it down. San Francisco, Lisbon, Halifax... et voil? OK, thanks.
沒問題……聲音關小點。舊金山,里斯本,哈利法克斯……這樣好了?好,謝謝
Hang on, hang on. Do you not realise what we just did?
等下,你沒注意到我們剛才做的事嗎?
Yeah, you turned your stereo down with your laptop.
注意到了,你們剛剛用筆記本調低了音響聲音。
No, we turned our stereo down, by sending a signal around the world via the Internet.
不,我們是借由網絡向全球發出了信號,然后使立體聲音量變小。
Oh. You know you can get one of those universal remotes from Radio shack? They're really cheap.
你們可以買個Radio shack的萬能遙控器,那個非常便宜。
No, you don't get it. Howard, Enable public access. Public access enabled.
不,你沒明白。霍華德,打開公共通道。公共通道已打開。
Boy, that's terrific. I'll see ya. No hang on, hang on... See? No.
棒極了,回見。不,等等……看到沒?沒啊
Someone in Sichuan province, China, is using his computer to turn our lights on and off.
有個人在中國的四川省正在用他的電腦來操控我們燈的開和關。
Oh, that's handy. Here's a question...Why? Because we can.
哦,那還真挺方便的。我有個問題……為什么這么做?因為我們能做到
They found our remote control cars!
他們發現我們的遙控車了!
Wait, what's on top of that? Wireless webcams, wave hello!
等一下,那個上面是什么?無線攝像頭,打個招呼!
The monster truck is out of Austin, Texas, and the blue Viper is being operated from suburban Tel Aviv.
那輛怪獸卡車由德州奧斯汀的某人操控,而那輛藍色的道奇蝰蛇由特拉維夫市郊某人操控。
You may want to put on slacks.
你或許該穿條褲子。
What? Ew, stop it! No! Leave me alone!
什么?呃,停下!不!離我遠點!
Who's running the red Corvette? That would be me.
誰在操縱那個紅色巡洋艦?是我。
You know in the future, when we're disembodied brains in jars, we're going to look at this as eight hours well wasted.
或許將來,當我們變成被放在罐子里的,脫離軀體的大腦時,回頭看這八個小時會是完全浪費。
I don't want to be in a jar. I want my brain in an android body. Eight feet tall and ribbed.
我可不希望被放在罐子里,我希望我的大腦放在機器人體內。八英尺高,肋骨分明。
I'm with you. I just have to make sure if I'm a synthetic human I'd still be Jewish.
我支持你。我只是想確保就算我成了人造人,我仍然是猶太人。
I promised my mother.
我答應過我媽媽。
I suppose you could have your android penis circumcised.
我覺得你還可能得給你的人工陰莖進行割禮。
But that's something your rabbi would have to discuss with the manufacturer.
但那是你的猶太導師和制造商應該探討的問題。
Not to mention you'd have to power down on saturdays.
而且你星期六還得進入節電模式。
Sheldon, why is this letter in the trash?
謝爾頓,這封信為啥在垃圾箱里?
Well, there's always the possibility that a trash can spontaneously formed around the letter.
嗯,不能排除那封信周圍自然形成了一個垃圾桶。
but Occam's razor would suggest that someone threw it out.
但據奧卡姆剃刀原理,應該是誰扔進去的吧。
It's from the Institute of Experimental Physics,
這是物理實驗研究所寄來的,
they want us to present our paper on the properties of super solids at the topical conference of Bose-Einstein condensates.
他們想讓我們在玻色-愛因斯坦凝聚體主題會上發表我們關于超立體特質的研究論文。
I know. I read it before I threw it out.
我知道,我把它扔掉之前讀過了。
Ok, if I may drill down to the bedrock of my question: why did you throw it out?
好吧,容我打破砂鍋問到底,你為什么把它扔掉?
Because I have no interest in standing in the Rose room of the Pasadena Marriot, in front of a group of judgmental strangers
因為我對站在帕薩迪納萬豪酒店的玫瑰房里面對一幫品頭論足的陌生人毫無興趣。
who wouldn't recognise true genius if it was standing in front of them giving a speech.
就算一個真正的天才在面前講演,他們也絕對察覺不到。
Which if I were there, would be.
如果我在那兒的話就會這樣的。
I don't know Sheldon. Those topical conferences on Bose-Einstein condensates' parties are legendary.
我不明白謝爾頓,玻色-愛因斯坦凝聚體主題會的派對可是傳奇性的啊!
Forget the parties! Forget the parties? What a nerd.
別提那些派對了!別提那些派對了?書呆子!
Are there any other honours I've got that I don't know about? Did the UPS dropped off a Nobel prize with my name on it?
還有其他我不知情的榮譽嗎?快遞公司有沒有送來一封寫著我名字的諾貝爾獲獎信?
Leonard, please don't take this the wrong way, but the day you win a Nobel prize,
Leonard請別誤會,不過你得諾貝爾獎的那天,
is the day I begin my research on the drag coefficient of tassles on flying carpets.
就是我開始對飛毯流蘇的藥物共作用性研究的時候。
The only thing missing from that insult was: "your mama".
這個羞辱只漏了一點就是"你媽媽"
I got one...Hey Leonard, Your mama's research methodology is so flawed... Shut up, Howard.
我有個……嗨蘭納德,你媽媽的研究方法論也太次了……閉嘴霍華德。
Sheldon, we have to do this.
謝爾頓,我們必須去。
No, we don't. We have to take a nourishment, to expel waste, and inhale enough oxygen to keep our cells from dying. Everything else is optional.
不,沒必要。我們必須攝取營養排泄廢物,吸取足夠的氧氣來保持細胞活性,剩下的都是可選的。
Ok, let me put it this way: I'm doing it.
好吧 我這么說吧:我要去。
You can't. I'm the lead author.
你不能,我才是主筆。
Come on, the only reason you're the lead author is because we went alphabetically.
得了吧,你的姓氏字母靠前是你成為主筆的唯一原因。
I let you think we went alphabetically to spare you the humiliation with dealing with the fact that it was my idea.
我讓你以為我們是按字母排序是為了減輕你的屈辱感,免于承受"那論文是我的構思"這個殘酷的現實。
Now to put too fine a point to it, but I was throwing you a bone. You're welcome.
坦率的說,我是在施恩于你。不用謝了。
Excuse me, I designed the experiment that proved the hypothesis.
拜托,是我設計了實驗證明了那些假設!
That doesn't mean proving.
那不需要證明。
So the entire scientific community is just supposed to take your word?
所以整個科學界都理應相信你的鬼話了?
They're not supposed to, but they should.
不是理應,而是他們應該相信。
All right, I don't care what you say. I'm going to the conference and I'm presenting our findings.
好吧,我不管你怎么說,我會去參加這個會議并且要發表我們的新發現。
And I forbid it. You forbid it?
我不準。你不準?
If I'm not taking credit for our work then nobody is.
如果這榮譽不是歸我名下,那就誰也別想得到。
So, you admit that it's our work. No. Once again, I'm throwing you a bone.
你承認這是我們共同的成果了?不是。再說一遍,是我施恩于你。
And once again, you are welcome.
再說一遍,不用謝了。
Oh, no, he didn't.
不,他不會吧
So, how was it going with Sheldon? Are you guys still not talking to each other?
你現在和謝爾頓怎么樣?還是不說話嗎?
Not only is he still not talking to me, but there's this thing he does where he stares at you and tries to get your brain to explode.
他不僅不和我說話,還總瞪著我,做出想把我的頭看爆的動作,
You know, like in the classic sci-fi movie "Scanners".
你知道就像是那個經典的科幻電影"掃描機"
Like.... Bzzz. Nevermind. How about this one?
就像這樣……卟嗞。。算了。這件怎么樣?
It says, I know my physics, but I'm still a fun guy.
它就像在說我雖然精通物理,但我仍是一個風趣的人。
Oh, I didn't know they still made corduroy suits. They don't, that's why I saved this one.
哦,我不知道還有人生產燈芯絨西服。沒人生產了,所以我留著這件。
Ok, well, let's just see what else you have.
好的,咱們再看看你還有什么。
Ok, here. Take this. and this, and this, and this, and these... Is this all stuff you want me to try on? No, this is stuff I want you to throw out.
好,這兒,拿著這件,還有這件,這件,這件,還有這些。這些都是你想讓我試穿的?不,這些都是我想讓你扔掉的。
Seriously, don't even give it to charity, you won't be helping anyone.
說真的,也別捐給慈善機構了,不會幫到任何人的。
What's this? That's the bottled city of Kandor.
這是什么?這是瓶中城市坎多。
Ah? You see, Kandor was the capital city of the planet Krypton.
哦?坎多曾是氪星球的首都,
It was miniaturized by Brainiac before Krypton exploded and then rescued by Superman. Oh, nice.
在氪星球爆炸之前它被Brainiac縮小了,然后被超人拯救。哦,厲害。
It's a lot cooler when girls aren't looking at it.
在沒有女孩看的時候它會更酷的。
Here, why don't you put these while I find a shirt and a sport cut match. Right, be right back.
你先把它換上,我找找相配的襯衫和外套。好的,我馬上回來。
Where are you going? Just put them on. Here?
你去哪?穿上就行了。在這兒?
Oh, are you shy? No, I'm not shy. Don't worry I won't look.
噢,你害羞了?不,我沒害羞。別擔心,我不會偷看的。
I know you won't look. Why would you look? There's nothing to see...Well, not 'nothing'... Sweetie, put the pants on.
我知道你不會偷看,你為啥要偷看呢?又沒什么好看的……呃,也不是一點沒有……親愛的,把褲子穿上。
So, you know, isn't there maybe some way you and Sheldon could compromise on this whole presentation thing? No, No.
那么,會不會有一天你能和謝爾頓在出席會議那件事上彼此妥協呢?不會的,不會的。
Scientists do not compromise. Our minds are trained to synthetize facts and come to inarguable conclusions.
科學家不會妥協,我們的頭腦是被訓練來綜合事實然后得出無可置疑的結論。
Not to mention, Sheldon is back-crap crazy.
更何況謝爾頓是個駝背的瘋子。
What is this?
這是什么?
Oh, careful. That's my original series Battle Star Galactica flight suit.
哦,小心點,那是我收藏的太空堡壘卡拉狄加原版系列宇航服。
Oh, why didn't you wear it on Halloween?
哦,怎么你都沒有在萬圣節穿過?
Because it's not a costume, it's a flight suit.
因為它不是戲服,它是宇航服。
Ok, alright, moving on. Oh, wow. A paisley shirt.
好吧,繼續。哇,渦旋紋花呢衫。
It goes with my corduroy suit.
那件是用來配我的燈芯絨西服。
if you mean it should end up in the same place, then I agree.
如果你覺得它該和那西服同歸于盡,我也同意。
Is this your only tie?
這是你唯一的一條領帶?
Technically, yes. But, if you'll notice...It's reversible! So it works as two.
理論上來說是的,但是如果你能注意到……它是正反兩面的!可以當兩條用。
Sweetie, I don't even think it works as one. Is this all your clothes?
親愛的,我覺得當一條用它都夠嗆。這就是你全部的衣服了?
Yeah. Everything since the eighth grade.
沒錯,八年級至今的全部衣服都在這兒了。
The eighth grade? My last growth sprout.
八年級?我最后發育的年齡。
Ok, well, let's go back to the corduroy suit. Great. Yeah.
好吧,還是選這套燈芯絨西服吧。棒極了。是啊
I said no. Put it down.
我說了不,把它放下。
Hey, Sheldon. Hello, Penny. Get anything good?
嗨,謝爾頓。你好,佩妮。收到啥好東西了?
Just the latest copy of Applied Particle Physics quarterly.
只是最新的應用粒子物理學季刊。
Oh, you know, that is so weird that yours came and mine didn't.
哦,那真是有點奇怪,你的到了可我那期還沒來。
It was a joke.
我在開玩笑
Yep. Tip you waitresses. I'm here all week.
是的,給女服務生點小費,我整星期都會在這里哦。