Oh, Hi! Hi! Hello! So what are you supposed to be?
哦,嗨!嗨!哈嘍!你這身是扮誰?
Me? I'll give you a hint.
我?我給點提示。
A choo-choo train? Close!
小火車?接近了!
A brain damaged choo-choo train?
一列腦殘的小火車?
How wasted am I?
我看起來喝醉了嗎?
I still don't get it.
我還是不懂。
I'm the Doppler effect.
我是多普勒效應。
Okay, if that's some sort of learning disability, I think it's very insensitive.
如果那是指一種“學習障礙”,那么你也模仿得太爛了。
Why don't you just tell people you're a zebra?
直接告訴人家你是斑馬不就省事了?
Well, why don't you just tell people you're one of the seven dwarves?
那你怎么不告訴人家你是七個小矮人之一?
Because I'm Frodo. Yes, well, I'm the Doppler effect.
因為我是弗拉多。沒錯,我是多普勒效應。
Oh, no. What? That's Penny's ex-boyfriend.
不會吧。怎么了?那是佩妮的前男友。
What do you suppose he's doing here?
他來這里干嗎?
Besides disrupting the local gravity field.
干擾這里的重力場嗎?
If he were any bigger, he'd have moons orbiting him.
他要是再大塊點,月亮會成為他的衛星。
Oh, snap. So, I guess we'll be leaving now.
你真刻薄。那么我們似乎該走了。
Why should we leave? For all we know he crashed the party and Penny doesn't even want him here.
為什么要我們走?很明顯他是不請自來,佩妮看都不想看他。
You have a backup hypothesis?
還有后備假設嗎?
Maybe they want to be friends.
也許他們只是想做回朋友。
Or maybe she wants to be friends and he wants something more.
又或者她想做朋友而他想要更多。
Then he and I are on equal ground.
那么他和我就在同一水平面上。
Yes, but you're much closer to it than he is.
沒錯,但你比他更接近地面。
Look, if this was 1,500 years ago, by virtue of his size and strength, Kurt would be entitled to his choice of female partners.
如果是1500年前憑這身體格和力量,科特可以任意挑選自己的女性伴侶。
And male partners, animal partners, large primordial eggplants, pretty much whatever tickled his fancy.
還有男性伴侶,動物伴侶,巨型遠古茄子,幾乎要啥有啥。
Yes, but our society has undergone a paradigm shift.
沒錯,但當今社會已經今非昔比了,
In the Information Age, Sheldon, you and I are the alpha males. We shouldn't have to back down.
這是信息時代謝爾頓,你我才是炙手可熱的。我們不該退縮。
True. Why don't you text him that and see if he backs down?
說得好。你干嗎不發短信告訴他,看看他會不會退縮?
No. I'm going to assert my dominance face-to-face.
不。我要面對面向他展現我的優勢。
Face-to-face? Are you going to wait for him to sit down, or are you going to stand on the coffee table?
面對面?你是要他坐下還是自己站在咖啡桌上?
Hello, Penny. Hello, Kurt.
嗨佩妮。嗨科特。
Oh, hey, guys, are you having a good time?
嗨,你們玩得還好嗎?
Given the reaction to my costume, this party is a scathing indictment of the American education system.
鑒于人們對我扮相的反應,這次派對對美國教育制度提出了嚴厲的控訴。
What, you're a zebra, right?
你是斑馬對吧?
Yet another child left behind.
又一個低能兒。
And what are you supposed to be, an elf?
你又是什么,精靈?
No, I'm a hobbit.
不,我是霍比特人。
What's the difference?
有什么不同?
A hobbit is a mortal halfling inhabitant of Middle Earth, whereas an elf is an immortal, tall warrior.
霍比特人是居住在地下生命有限的矮人,而精靈則是不死而高大的戰士。
So why the hell would you want to be a hobbit?
那你為什么要做個矮人呢?
Because he's neither tall nor immortal and none of us could be The Flash.
因為他既不高也會死,而且我們沒有人能成為閃電俠。
Well, whatever. Why don't you go hop off on a quest? I'm talking to Penny here.
隨你怎說,不如你們趕緊消失,我正和佩妮說話呢。
I think we're all talking to Penny here.
我想我們都在和佩妮說話。
I'm not. No offense.
我沒有。我沒惡意。
Okay, maybe you didn't hear me. Go away.
好吧可能你沒聽懂我意思,滾蛋。
All right, Kurt, be nice.
好啦科特,有禮貌點。
Oh, I am being nice. Right, little buddy?
我很有禮貌。對不對小朋友?
Okay. I understand your impulse to try to physically intimidate me.
好吧,你震動著胸肌嚇唬我,我能理解。
I mean, you can't compete with me on an intellectual level so you're driven to animalistic puffery.
因為你在智力上無法和我匹敵,所以你選擇這種夸大獸性的方式。
You calling me a puffy animal?
你是說我是大型動物嗎?
Of course not. No, he's not. You're not, right, Leonard?
當然不是啦,他不是。你不是對吧,蘭納德?
No, I said animalistic. Of course we're all animals, but some of us have climbed a little higher on the evolutionary tree.
不,我是說獸性。當然我們都是動物,只不過我們當中一些人在進化樹上爬得更高一些。
If he understands that, you're in trouble.
要是他聽懂了你就完蛋了。
So, what, I'm unevolved?
什么,你說我沒進化嗎?
You're in trouble.
你完蛋了。
You know, you use a lot of big words for such a little dwarf.
你這小矮人還真好意思給自己戴高帽。
Okay, Kurt, please.
好了科特,別這樣。
Penny, it's okay. I can handle this.
佩妮沒關系,我可以處理。
I am not a dwarf, I'm a hobbit.
我不是矮人,我是霍比特人。
A hobbit. Are misfiring neurons in your hippocampus preventing the conversion from short-term to long-term memory?
一個霍比特人會把你大腦海馬狀突起里的神經元擊碎以防止你的短時記憶向長時記憶轉化,懂嗎?
Okay, now you're starting to make me mad.
你開始讓我抓狂了。
A homo habilis discovering his opposable thumbs says what? What?
一個發現自己可對立拇指的人猿能說什么?什么?
I think I've made my point.
我想我已經說得很清楚了。
Yeah? How about I make a point out of your pointy little head?
是嗎?不如我在你的小腦袋上 鑿個洞讓你更清楚點?
Let me remind you, while my moral support is absolute, in a physical confrontation, I will be less than useless.
讓我提醒你,精神上我絕對支持你,但在身體接觸上,我的作用是零。
There's not going to be a confrontation. In fact, I doubt if he can even spell "confrontation." C-O-N ... frontation!
根本就不會有什么身體接觸,說實話,我懷疑他能不能把 “身體接觸”拼出來。C-O-N ... frontation!(果然拼不出來 )
Kurt, put him down this instant!
科特,馬上放下他。
He started it!
他先惹我的。
I don't care. I'm finishing it. Put him down!
我不管,總之放下他。
Fine. You're one lucky little leprechaun.
好吧。算你個妖精走運。
He's a hobbit! I got your back.
他是霍比特人!我頂你。
Leonard, are you okay? Yeah, I'm fine.
蘭納德你沒事吧?沒事。
It's good, it's a good party, thanks for having us. It's just getting a little late, so ...
這派對很棒,謝謝你邀請我們,時間也不早了所以……
Oh, okay. All right, well, thank you for coming. Happy Halloween.
好吧,謝謝你們能來。萬圣節快樂。
If it's any consolation, I thought that homo habilis line really put him in his place.
如果這也算安慰的話,我想說你那句人猿的確很到位。
What's that?
那是什么?
Tea. When people are upset, the cultural convention is to bring them hot beverages.
茶。當人們傷心時傳統禮節就是為他們奉上熱飲。
There, there. You want to talk about it?
別傷心。要談談嗎?
No. Good. "There, there" was really all I had.
不好。我只會說“別傷心”了。
Good night, Sheldon. Good night, Leonard.
晚安謝爾頓。晚安蘭納德。
Hey, Leonard? Hi, Penny. Hey, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I'm fine.
蘭納德?嗨,佩妮。我只是來看看你有沒事。我很好。
I am so sorry about what happened. It's not your fault. Yes, it is.
剛才的事真不好意思。不怪你。怪我。
That's why I broke up with him. He always does stuff like that.
這就是我和他分手的原因,他經常干這么出格的事。
So why was he at your party?
那他怎么會出現在派對上?
Well, I ran into him last week and he was just all apologetic about how he's changed.
上周我碰見他,他說他知錯了,
And he was just going on and on and ...
誰知他還是死性不改。
I believed him and I'm an idiot. because I always believe guys like that.
我居然還相信他,我真是瞎了眼,因為我總是那么容易相信那種男人。
And I can't go back to my party because he's there.
我根本不想回去,因為現在他還在那待著,
And know you don't want to hear this and I'm upset and I'm really drunk and I just want to ...
我知道你不想聽這些但我很傷心。我很醉,只想……
There, there.
別傷心。
God, what is wrong with me?
天,我做錯什么了嗎?
Nothing, you're perfect.
沒有,你很完美。
I'm not perfect. Yes, you are.
我不完美。你完美。
Penny! Yeah? How much have you had to drink tonight? Just ... a lot.
佩妮!嗯?你今晚喝了多少?就 ... 很多。
Are you sure that your being drunk and your being angry with Kurt doesn't have something to do with what's going on here?
你確信你喝醉酒且對科特生氣的事實與剛才發生的事情沒有關系嗎?
It might. Boy, you're really smart.
可能有吧。天啊你真聰明。
Yeah, I'm a frickin' genius.
是啊,我TMD就是個天才。
Leonard, you are so great. Why can't all guys be like you?
蘭納德你真是太好了,全世界男人都像你這樣就好了。
Because if all guys were like me, the human race couldn't survive.
如果是那樣的話人類就無法繁衍了。
I should probably go. Probably.
我想我該走了。也許。
Thank you! That's right, you saw what you saw. That's how we roll in the Shire.
謝謝!是的你沒看錯,我們在夏爾就是這么狂歡的。
Coming. Hey, have you seen Koothrappali?
來了。嘿,看見Koothrappali了嗎?
He's not here. Maybe the Avengers summoned him.
他不在這,也許復仇者們把他召走了。
He's not the Marvel Comics Thor, he's the original Norse god.
他不是神奇漫畫里那個雷神,是北歐神話里那個雷神。
Thank you for the clarification.
謝謝你的解釋。
I'm supposed to give him a ride home.
我本來要送他回家的。
Well, I'm sure he'll be fine.
放心吧,他沒事。
He has his hammer.
他帶著錘子呢。
I have to say, you are an amazing man. You're gentle, and passionate. And, my God, you are such a good listener.
我得承認你是個了不起的男人,溫柔,有激情,而且你還是個超好的傾聽者。