Oh, come on. Leonard...this is obviously about penny.
得了吧Leonard……,這都是因為Penny吧。
It doesn't matter. The woman is not interested in me. The woman rejected me.
沒所謂。她對我不感興趣,拒絕了我。
Okay, look, I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with penny
聽著,我認為你能跟Penny做愛的幾率
as the hubble telescope does of discovering at the center of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker.
跟哈勃太空望遠鏡發現在每個黑洞中央都有個小人在用閃光燈尋找斷路器的幾率一樣大。
Nevertheless, I do feel obligated to point out to you that she did not reject you.
盡管如此,我還是有責任向你指出,她并沒有拒絕你。
You did not ask her out.
你從沒邀請她去約會。
You're right. I didn't ask her out. I should ask her out.
你說的對。我沒請她約會過,我該去請她約會。
No, no, now that was not my point. My point was don't buy a cat.
不不不,重點不是這個,重點是不要養貓。
No, but you're right. I should march over there and ask her out.
不,你是對的,我該過去請她約會。
Oh, goody, we're getting a cat.
天,我們要養貓了。
Oh, hey, leonard. Good afternoon, penny. So, hi...hey. Uh...I was wondering if you had plans for dinner.
你好,Leonard。下午好Penny,嗨你好。呃……你約了人吃飯嗎?
Uh, you mean dinner tonight?
嗯,你的意思是今晚?
There is an inherent ambiguity in the word dinner.
飯這個詞本身就意思含糊。
Technically it refers to the largest meal of the day whenever it's consumed. So to clarify here, by dinner I mean supper.
嚴格說來它所指的是一日的主餐,可以是午餐或晚餐。為了說清楚,我指的是晚飯。
Supper? Or dinner. I was thinking 6:30 if you can go. Or a different time.
晚飯?就是吃飯啦。如果你有空,6點半行嗎?或者其他你方便的時間?
Uh, 6.30 is great. Really? Great. Yeah, I like hanging out with you guys. Us guys?
6點半可以啊。真的?太好了。我喜歡跟你們一起玩。我們?
Yeah, you know, sheldon, howard, raj. Who all is coming?
對,Sheldon,Howard,Raj,他們都一起吧?
They...might all be there. Or a subset of them might be there. Algebraically speaking, there are too many unknowns.
他們……可能都會去吧,或者他們中的有些人可能去,從代數角度看太多未知數了,
For example, sheldon had quiznos for lunch. Sometimes he finds that filling, other times he doesn't.
比如Sheldon中午吃了Quizno三明治,有時他覺得吃那個飽,有時候不覺得,
It's no fault of quiznos—they have a varied menu.
這不是Quizno的錯,他們的菜單很豐盛。
Okay, whatever. It sounds like fun.
好吧,無所謂啦,聽起來挺有意思的。
Great. Did we say a time? 6.30.
很好,我們約時間了嗎?6點半。
And that's still good for you? It's fine. because it's not carved in stone. No, 6:30's great.
你確定那時有空?對。不是刻在石板上非得那時去哦。6點半正好。
I'll get my chisel. Why?
我去拿鑿子。為什么?
To...carve the...I'll see you at 6:30
去刻在……6點半見。
How do I look?
我看起來如何?
Could you be more specific?
你能說具體一點嗎?
Can you tell I am perspiring a little?
能看出來我在冒汗嗎?
No. The dark crescent shaped patterns under your arms conceal it nicely.
不能。你腋下深色的新月狀圖案將其隱藏的很好。
What time is your date? 6.30.
你幾點約會?6點半。
Perfect. That gives you two hours and 15 minutes for that dense molecular cloud of aromas to dissipate.
太好了,那你還有2小時15分讓那片稠密的人造纖維分子云的香氣消散。
Is it too much?
那很多嗎?
Not if you're a rugby team.
如果你是橄欖球隊員就不算多。
By the way, if it should ever come up, you didn't join us because you stuffed yourself with a chicken carbonara sub at Quiznos.
如果以后提到今晚的事,你沒來參加的原因是你在Quiznos吃意式雞肉培根實心粉吃撐了。
Why would I join you?
我為什么要去參加?
No reason. Oh, you know what, maybe this isn't such a good idea.
不為什么。你知道嗎,也許這樣做不好。
Oh, no, well, now there's always the possibility that alcohol and poor judgment on her part might lead to a nice romantic evening.
不,酒精加上她一時糊涂,總有可能讓今晚成為浪漫之夜。
You're right. Alcohol, poor judgment—it could go well.
你說的對,酒。糊涂。今晚有可能會順利的
Of course there is the other possibility, that
當然還有另一種可能性,
this date kicks off a rather unpleasant six months of the two of you passing awkwardly in the hall,
之后的6個月都會很難捱,倆人在走廊里尷尬的擦身而過,
until one of you breaks down and moves to another zip code.
直到其中一人崩潰并搬到別的州去。
You could have stopped at " it could go well.
你說到“可能會順利”就可以閉嘴了
If I could have, I would have.
如果我能,我會的。
I mean, I'm a perfectly nice guy.
我是絕種好男人。
There's no reason we couldn't go to the restaurant, and have a lovely dinner, maybe take a walk afterwards, talk about things we have in common.
沒理由我們不能在餐廳好好吃頓晚餐,飯后散散步聊些共同話題。
You love pottery? I love pottery!
你喜歡陶藝嗎?我超愛陶藝的!
You know, There's a pause, we both know what's happening.
然后暫停一下,我們都知道接下來要發生什么,
I lean in, we kiss. It's a little tentative at first, but then I realize she's kissing me back.
我傾身向前,我倆接吻,開始時還有點猶豫,然后我意識到她開始回吻我,
She's biting my lower lip! She wants me! This thing is going the distance! We're going to have sex! Oh, god, oh, my god!
她在咬我的下唇!她想要我!這事能成!我們會做愛!天上帝啊!
Is the sex starting now?
現在開始做愛了?
I'm having a panic attack.
我恐慌癥發作了
Oh, okay. Uh, well then...calm down.
好吧,冷靜點。
If I could calm down, I would be having a panic att...that's why they call it a panic attack.
如果我能冷靜就不會恐慌了!不然這怎么叫做恐慌癥發作!
All right, all right. Uh, s- s- sit down. Yeah, sit down. Now close your eyes. Why?
好好,你坐下,坐下閉上眼。為什么?
Just do it. Okay. Now try to increase your alpha wave activity.
照做吧!好。試著增加你α波的活性。
What? ! It's a biofeedback technique. It's relaxation through brain wave manipulation.
什么?!這是機能反饋療法,通過控制腦電波來放松。
I read a paper about it in journal of american neuroscience. It was a little sparsely sourced,
我在美國神經科學月刊上看到一篇關于它的論文,它的理論來源不完備,
but I think the basic science is valid. I probably have it here somewhere.
但是我認為基本原理正確,我可能把它放在這了。
Who am I kidding? I can't go through with this. You need to call her and cancel.
我沒法赴這個約會,你給她打電話取消吧。
Me? Yes. What should I tell her? I don't know. Tell her I'm sick. Okay.
我?對。我要跟她說什么?我不知道,跟她說我病了。好。
Not the kind of illness that will make her want to come over and take care of me,
別說那種會讓她想來照顧我的病,
but nothing so critical that she'll feel uncomfortable going out with me in the future if I want to try this again. Got it.
也不要嚴重得讓她以后不愿跟我約會的病,如果我以后還想嘗試的話。了解。
So I'm assuming nothing venereal?
那不能說花柳病啦?
I'll just tell her that you had a routine conoloscopy and haven't quite bounced back.
就跟她說你做了例行腸鏡檢查還沒恢復吧。
Give me the phone.
給我電話!
I thought you wanted to cancel.
你不是想取消約會嗎?
I can't, because if I don't show up she'll still be expecting you.
不行,如果我不出現她還是會認為你會去的。
Why would she be expecting me?
為什么她認為我會去?
Stop asking me all these questions. I need to take another shower.
別問了,我要再去洗個澡。
So are the rest of the guys meeting us here?
其他的人直接來這找我們?
Oh, yeah...no. It turns out that raj and howard had to work, and sheldon...had a colonoscopy and he hasn't quite bounced back yet.
對……不對。Raj跟Howard要工作,Sheldon……做了腸鏡還沒恢復過來。
Oh, my uncle just had a colonoscopy.
我叔叔也做了腸鏡。
You're kidding. Then that's something we have in common. How?
你可真會開玩笑,這就是我們倆的共同之處了。怎么說?
We both have people in our lives who...want to nip intestinal polyps in the bud.
我們都認識……想將腸道息肉扼殺于搖籃當中的人。
So what's new in the world of physics? Nothing. Really? Nothing?
物理界有啥新聞不?沒有。真的?一點都沒有?
Well, with the exception of string theory, not much has happened since the 1930s. And you can't prove string theory.
除了弦理論,自1930年后就沒什么發現了。而弦理論也尚未證明,
At best you can say, "hey, look, my idea has an internal logical consistency."
最多就能說,嘿,我的理論內部邏輯很連貫。
Ah. Well, I'm sure things will pick up.
啊。我相信情況會好轉的。
What's new at the cheesecake factory?
芝士蛋糕工廠那邊有什么新消息?
Oh, uh, not much. We do have a chocolate key lime that's moving pretty well.
沒有什么,有個巧克力檸檬派賣得很好。
Good. Good. What about your, uh...hallway friend?
好。好。那你那個……過道上的朋友怎樣?
Doug? Oh, yeah, I don't know. I mean, you know, he's nice and funny, but...can I get you started with some drinks? No!
道格?我不知道,他人挺好也很風趣,但是……準備開始點飲品了嗎?不!
You were saying? But...I'd like a drink. Just say the "but" thing about doug and then I'll get her back.
你剛剛說到?但是…… 我想喝點東西。先說完關于道格的,但是,我會把她叫回來。
Okay, well, I don't know, it's just me.
我不知道,是我的問題。
I'm still getting over this breakup with Kurt and this thing with Doug would still be rebound sex.
我還沒從跟肯特的分手中完全恢復,跟道格在一起是為了復健性愛。
Oh, don't get me started on rebound sex.
噢,提起復健性愛啊……
It's just...it's my pattern. I break up, then I find some cute guy, and then it's just 36 meaningless hours of...you know.
我總是這樣,分手后找個帥哥,然后就是36小時毫無意義的……你知道。
I'm not sure that I do. Is that one 36-hour experience, or is that 36 hours spread out over, say...one glorious summer?
我不確定我知道,是連續36個小時,還是一個輝煌夏季中……分散的36個小時?
No, it's usually over a weekend, and trust me, you do not feel good after it.
不,大概是一個周末吧,相信我,那之后感覺很不好。
Well, chafing, right? Emotionally.
呃,皮膚疼痛是吧?情緒上。
Of course, yeah, emotional chafing.
沒錯,心里疼痛。
Hey, do you want to see something cool?
你想看些有趣的玩意嗎?
I can make this olive go into this glass without touching it. How? Physics.
我不用手碰就能把這顆橄欖弄進杯子里。怎么弄啊?物理原理。
Wow, centrifugal force. Actually, it's centripetal force, which is an inward force generated by the glass acting on the olive...
哇,離心力。實際上是向心力。玻璃對橄欖作用產生的內向力。
Excuse me. If you were riding on the olive, you'd be in a non - inertial reference frame and would...Are you okay?
抱歉,如果你坐在那顆橄欖上,你就是一個非慣性參照系并會……你沒事吧?
Yeah, I'm okay. Did you spill ketchup? No. I'm not okay.
沒事。你打翻番茄醬了嗎?沒有。那我就有事了!
Are you sure you don't want to go to the emergency room?
你確定不用去急診室?
No, no, I'm okay. It stopped bleeding.
我沒事,不流血了。
I know, but you did throw up. Isn't that a sign of a concussion?
我知道,但你吐了啊,那不是腦震蕩的癥狀嗎?
Yes. But I get car sick, too, so... Okay.
對,但我也暈車,所以……好吧。
Sorry about your car, by the way. Oh, no, it's fine. You got most of it out the window. The poor guy on the bike.
還有,抱歉弄臟你的車。沒關系,大部分你都吐車外了。那個騎自行車的可憐人。
Well, I had a nice time. Yeah, me, too. Well, um, good night. Good night.
我今晚過得很愉快。我也是。那晚安啦。晚安。
Leonard? Ahye? Was this supposed to be a date? This?
蘭納德?啊?今晚這是約會嗎?今晚?
No. No, of course not. This was just you and me hanging out with a bunch of guys who didn't show up 'cause of work and a colonoscopy.
不是,當然不是。只是你跟我還有一幫因工作和腸鏡而沒有出現的人的聚會。
Okay, I was just checking.
沒事,我只是問問。
When I take a girl on a date— and I do. she knows she's been dated.
如果我跟女孩約會,我確實跟女孩約會,那個女孩會知道她是在約會的。
Capital D. boldface. Under lined. I think I might have a little concussion. I'm gonna go lie down. Good night.
大寫D,黑體,下襯線。我可能腦震蕩了,我去躺躺。晚安
So, how was your date? Awesome! Score one for liquor and poor judgment.
約會如何?贊!憑酒跟糊涂得一分。