The machine isn't a robot, Sam, but I hear your analogy.
機器不是機器人,薩姆,不過我聽到你的類比了。
It seems that Samaritan has been helping people across the city for a few days now.
看來撒馬利亞人最近幾天一直在城里救人。
The machine sent me a message. She said that Rachel Farrow was just one of its stops.
機器給了我句話。她說雷切爾•法羅只是其中之一。
That tracks with what I'm seeing here-- Buses, subways, trains, all running like clockwork.
根據我現在看到的情況:巴士 、地鐵 、火車,運行精確如鐘表。
Nothing broken. Nothing delayed. When was the last time that happened in New York?
毫無損壞,毫無延遲。你幾時在紐約見過這種情況?
In my dreams, maybe.
在我夢里見過。
Samaritan's running the city.
撒馬利亞人在控制整個城市。
I believe it is. But why?
我相信是的。但為什么呢?
What if it's trying to reach out to the machine the only way it knows how.
也許是因為它想接觸機器,這是它唯一的辦法。
But then why do it this way? Why not just...I don't know.
但為什么用這種方式呢?為什么不直接...我不知道。
How do artificial super intelligences usually talk to each other?
超級人工智能之間通常怎么聊天?
These machines have avoided making contact with one another for good reason.
機器之間避免接觸是有原因的。
If two dueling a. S.I.S arrive at anything short of consensus, the outcome could be catastrophic.
如果兩個對立的人工智能達成某種共識,那后果將是災難性的。
Two angry gods hurling boulders at one another while the ants scurry below.
兩個憤怒的上帝互毆,下面的螻蟻就要遭殃了。
This may be a request for peace talks.
也許是和平協商。
Well, maybe they should just kiss and make up.
也許那兩貨應該親親小嘴兒,摸摸小手兒。
To what end, Ms. Shaw? Samaritan's plans will be many hundreds, if not thousands, of steps beyond what we can imagine.
然后呢,肖女士?撒馬利亞人的計劃可能百步,甚至千步,領先于我們的猜想。
The machine will protect us.
機器會保護我們。
Even if I had succeeded in creating a benevolent machine, as if any such thing could exist,
即使我造了一臺有悲憫之心的機器,就算這種可能性存在,
never forget that even a so-called friendly artificial super intelligence would be every bit as dangerous as an unfriendly one.
也別忘了就算是所謂"友善"的超級人工智能也可能會和非友善的一樣危險。
Your machine seems pretty warm and fuzzy to me.
我覺得你的機器對我挺溫柔挺熱情。
Have you forgotten that it asked us to kill a congressman?
你忘了它曾讓我們去謀殺議員嗎?
But that was to stop Samaritan from going online.
但那是為了阻止撒馬利亞人上線。
So where does it end, Ms. Shaw? A congressman here, a president there.
那界限在哪兒呢,肖女士?這里有議員,那里還有總統。