No, it's not crazy. It's uh ... uh ... it's a paradox. Paradoxes are part of nature.
不,那不是瘋狂,你只是……陷入一種矛盾,矛盾是我們天性的一部分。
Think about light. If you look at huygens, light is a wave, as confirmed by the double-slit experiments, but then along comes albert einstein and discovers that light behaves like particles, too.
你想想光,惠更斯認為光是一種波動,雙縫實驗證明了這一論點。但后來愛因斯坦出現了,他發現光也具有粒子的表現特征。
Well, I didn't make it worse.
呃,我沒讓情況變得更糟。
I'm so sorry. I'm such a mess. On top of everything else, I'm all gross from moving and my stupid shower doesn't even work.
很抱歉,我真是一團糟,除了那些爛事,我搬家弄得一身臭汗,該死的淋浴還壞掉了。
Our shower works.
我們的淋浴房能用。
Really? Would it be totally weird if I used it? Yes.
真的?我用你們的淋浴房會不會很奇怪?會!
No. No? No. No. It's right down the hall.
當然不會。不會?不會。不會。就在廳后面。
Thanks. You guys are really sweet.
謝謝。你們真是大好人。
Well, this is an interesting development. How so?
真是有趣的進展啊。為什么?
It has been some time since we've had a woman take her clothes off in our apartment.
已經有好長一段時間沒有女人在我們的公寓里脫光了。
That's not true. Remember at thanksgiving my grandmother with alzheimer's had that episode?
不對吧,還記得感恩節我患有阿茲海默癥的奶奶病發鬧出的那一段嗎?
Point taken. It has been some time since we've had a woman take her clothes off, after which we didn't want to rip our eyes out.
有道理。已經有好長一段時間沒有女人在我們公寓里脫光,而且我們不會想摳出自己的眼睛!
The worst part was watching her carve that turkey.
看著她亂搞那只火雞是最折磨人的。
So what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
你到底希望達到什么目標呢?
Excuse me?
你說什么?
That woman in there is not going to have sex with you.
那個女孩不會跟你上床的。
Well, I'm not trying to have sex with her.
我不是想跟她上床。
Oh, good. Then you won't be disappointed.
很好,那你就不會失望了。
What makes you think she wouldn't have sex with me? I'm a male and she's a female.
你為什么認定她不會跟我上床?我是男人,她是女人。
Yes, but not of the same species.
對,但你們不是一個種族的。
I'm not going to engage in hypotheticals here. I'm just trying to be a good neighbor.
我不想跟你在這瞎猜,我只是想當個好鄰居。
Oh, of course.
當然了。
That's not to say that if a carnal relationship were to develop that I wouldn't participate. However briefly.
但是如果真的要發展到肉體關系我也不會拒絕的,不管那有多短暫。
Do you think this possibility will be helped or hindered when she discovers your luke skywalker no-more-tears shampoo?
你覺得讓她發現你的“天行者Luke”無淚洗發水是會幫助還是阻礙你們的發展呢?
It's darth vader shampoo. Luke skywalker's the conditioner.
那是Darth Vader洗發液。“天行者Luke”是護發素。
Wait till you see this. It's fantastic, unbelievable. See what?
你們得看看這個!超級贊,不可置信。看什么?
It's a Stephen Hawking lecture from mit in 1974.
沃勒維茨:是施蒂芬·霍金于1974年在麻省理工做的演講。
This isn't a good time.
現在不方便。
It's before he became a creepy computer voice.
這是在他變成詭異的電腦合成聲音之前的講座。
That's great. You guys have to go. Why?
很好,你們得走了。為什么?
It's just not a good time.
現在不方便啊。
Leonard has a lady over. Yeah, right your grandmother back in town?
Leonard有女人拜訪。這樣啊,你奶奶又回城了?
No. And she's not a lady. She's just a new neighbor.
不是什么女人的艷遇啦,只是我們的新鄰居。
Hang on, there really is a lady here?
你等等,這兒真有個女人?
Uh-huh.
沒錯。
And you want us out because you're anticipating coitus?
你要我們走是因為你準備跟她交媾?
I'm not anticipating coitus. So she's available for coitus?
我沒準備跟她交媾。那她可以跟別人交媾?
Can we please just stop saying "coitus"? Technically, that would be "coitus interrupts."
能不能別用“交媾”這個詞?用術語來說就是交媾中止。
Hey, is there a trick to getting it to switch from tub to shower ... ? Oh, hi. Sorry. Hello.
從泡浴換成淋浴是不是有個開關?噢,很抱歉,你們好。
Enchant? mademoiselle. Howard Wolowitz caltech department of applied physics. You may be familiar with some of my work. It's currently orbiting Jupiter's largest moon taking high-resolution digital photographs.
很高興認識您,小姐。我是Howard Wolowitz加州理工大應用物理系,你可能對我的工作成果有所了解,它現在正繞著木星最大的衛星旋轉,拍攝高清數碼照片。
Penny. I work at the cheesecake factory.
我是佩妮,我在芝士蛋糕工廠做侍應。
Come on, I'll show you the trick with the shower. Okay!
來吧,我告訴你開淋浴器的訣竅。好的!
Bonne douche. I'M ... I'm sorry?
Bonne douche!你說什么?
It's french for "good shower". It's a sentiment I can express in six languages.
法語的“洗個痛快澡”我能用六國語言表達這一祝愿。
Save it for your blog, howard.
留著在你的Blog上寫吧Howard。
Xi ge tong kuai zhao!
洗個痛快澡(中文)!
All right, there it goes. It sticks. I'm sorry.
這樣就行,開關卡住了,抱歉。
Okay, thanks.
好的,謝謝。
You' welcome. Oh, you're just going to step right ... okay, I'll ...
不客氣,你只要向右……好我撤了。
Hey, leonard ... the hair products are sheldon's. Okay.
Leonard,那些洗發產品是Sheldon的。好的。
Um, can I ask you a favor?
我能麻煩你幫個忙嗎?
A favor? Sure, you can ask me a favor. I would do you a favor for you.
幫忙?你當然可以要我幫忙。我很樂意幫你。
It's okay if you say no.
你不答應也沒事。
Oh, I'll probably say yes.
噢。我應該會答應的。
It's just not the kind of thing you ask a guy you just met.
這不是那種你會請剛認識的人幫的忙。
Wow.
哇。
I really think we should examine the chain of causality here. Must we?
我們得回顧下這起事件的前因后果。一定要嗎?
Event a- a beautiful woman stands naked in our shower.
事件A:一個美女在我們的浴室裸體。
Event b- we drive halfway across town to retrieve a television set from the aforementioned woman's ex-boyfriend.
事件B:我們開車穿越整個小鎮,就為了搬臺電視機回來目的地就在剛剛提到的美女的前男友家。
Query- on what plane of existence is there even a semi-rational link between these events?
提問:這兩件事之間存在任何甚至半理性的關聯嗎?
She asked me to do her a favor, sheldon.
因為Penny請我幫個忙,Sheldon。
Ah, yes. Well, that may be the proximal cause of our journey, but we both know it only exists in contradistinction to the higher level distal cause.
是啊,那也許是最近似可能的起因了,但我們都知道它和更高級的末端起因截然不同。
Which is? You think with your penis.
那是什么意思?你用你的老二思考。
That's a biological impossibility. And you didn't have to come.
這在生理上是不可能的,你也不一定要來啊。
Oh, right, yes, I could have stayed behind and watch Wolowitz try to hit on penny in Russian, Arabic and Farsi.
對,我可以留在家里看著Wolowitz試圖用俄語阿拉伯語及波斯語搭訕Penny。
Why can't she get her own TV?
她為什么不能自己去拿她的電視?
Come on, you know how it is with break ups.
少來,你知道分手這種事啦。
No, I don't ... and neither do you.
不,我不知道,你也不知道。
I broke up with Joyce Kim.
什么啊,我跟Joyce Kim分過手。
You did not break up with Joyce Kim. She defected to north korea.
你才沒有和Joyce Kim分手,是她跑到朝鮮去了。
To mend her broken heart.
為了修復她受傷的心靈。
This situation is much less complicated. There's some kind of dispute between penny and her ex-boyfriend as to who gets custody of the TV. She just wanted to avoid having a scene with him.
現在這情況更加復雜,Penny和她前男友不能達成一致,究竟電視機該歸誰,她不想再和他當面爭執。
So we get to have a scene with him?
所以我們去和他當面爭執?
No, sheldon, there's not going to be a scene. There's two of us and one of him.
Sheldon根本不會有爭執,我們兩人,他一人。
Leonard, the two of us can't even carry a TV.
Leonard我們倆加起來都抗不動一臺電視。
So, you guys work with leonard and sheldon at the university?
你們跟Leonard和Sheldon一起在學校做事?
Um, I'm sorry. Do you speak english?
不好意思,你會說英語嗎?
Oh, he speaks english. He can't speak to women.
他會,只是不能跟女人說。
Really? Why? He's kind of a nerd. Juice box?
真的?為什么?因為他是個書呆子。盒裝果汁?
I'll do the talking.
我來跟他理論。
Yeah?
誰?
Uh, hi, I'm leonard, this is sheldon. Hello.
嗨,我是Leonard,他是Sheldon。你好。
Uh, we're here to pick up Penny's TV. Get lost. Okay, thanks for you time.
我們來這兒拿Penny的電視。滾。好的,打攪你了。
We're not going to give up just like that.
我們不能就這么放棄。
But the TV is in the building. We have been denied access to the building- ergo, we are done.
但是電視在這樓里,他不放我們進去,我們沒轍。
Excuse me. But if I were to give up on the first little hitch, I never would have been able to identify the fingerprints of string theory in the aftermath of the big bang.
不好意思,如果我第一次受挫就放棄,我就永遠不可能在大爆炸理論提出后發現關于弦理論的蛛絲馬跡。
My apologies. What's your plan?
我道歉。你打算怎么做?
It's just a privilege to watch your mind at work.
看到你如此專注工作真是種榮幸。
Come on, we have a combined iq of 360. we should be able to figure out how to get into a stupid building.
來吧,我們倆智商加起來有360,我們絕對能夠想辦法進入這蠢樓。
What do you think their combined iq is? Just grab the door! This is it.
你覺得她倆智商加起來多少?快去留住門!就是這。
I'll do the talking. Good thinking. I'll just be the muscle.
我來跟他理論。好主意,我用武力威懾。
Yeah?
什么事?
I'm leonard, this is sheldon. From the intercom.
我是Leonard他是Sheldon。剛剛在對講機上的。
What the hell did you get in the building?
他媽的你們怎么進房來的?
Uh ... we're scientists. Tell him about our IQ.
我們是科學家。告訴他我們的智商。
Leonard ... what?
Leonard……什么?
My mom bought me those pants. I'm sorry.
那條褲子是我媽給我買的。真抱歉。
You're going to have to call her.
你得給她打電話。
Sheldon, I am so sorry I dragged you through this.
Sheldon 真對不起把你也扯進來了。
It's okay. It wasn't my first pantsing and it won't be my last.
沒關系,這不是我第一次掉褲子了,也不會是最后一次。
And you were right about my motives. I was hoping to establish a relationship with penny that might have someday led to sex.
關于我的動機,你說得對。我是指望能跟Penny建立關系并最終發展成肉體關系。
Well, you got me out of my pants.
你倒是成功地脫下了我的褲子。
Anyway, I've learned my lesson. She's out of my league, I'm done with her.
無論如何我得到了教訓,我配不上她,我放棄了。
Got my work, one day I'll win the nobel prize and then I'll die alone.
我有工作,有一天我會贏得諾貝爾獎,然后孤老死去。
Don't think like that. You're not going to die alone.
別那么想,你不會孤老而死。
Thank you, sheldon. You're a good friend.
謝謝你Sheldon,你真是個好朋友。
And you're certainly not going to win a Nobel Prize.
你當然也沒可能贏諾貝爾獎。
This is one of my favorite places to kick back after a quest. They have a great house ale.
這里是我最喜歡的探險后休息的地方,他家的啤酒很好喝。
Wow, a cool tiger.
好酷的老虎。
Yeah, I've had him since level ten. His name is buttons.
是的,我從10級開始就養它了。它叫扣扣。
Anyway, if you had your own game character we could hang out, maybe go on a quest.
如果你也有自己的在線游戲人物,我們可以一起玩玩一起探險。
Sounds interesting.
聽上去挺有趣。
So you'll think about it?
那么 你會想想這個提議啦?
Oh, I don't think I'll be able to stop thinking about it.
我想這個點子會讓我思考許久的。
Smooth.
干得漂亮。
We're home.
我們回來了。
Oh, my god, what happened?
老天啊,發生了什么事?
Well, your ex-boyfriend sends his regards and I think the rest is fairly self-explanatory.
你前男友讓我們跟你帶聲問候,其他的我想應該夠一目了然了。
I'm so sorry. I really thought if you guys went instead of me he wouldn't be such an ass.
我真抱歉,我真的以為如果你們替我去他不會表現那么混蛋。
No, it was a valid hypothesis.
不,那是挺充分的假設。
That was a valid ... ? What is happening to you?
挺充分的假……?你怎么了?
Really ... thank you so much for going and trying. You're so terrific.
說真的,太謝謝你們幫我跑這一趟了,你們真是大好人。
Why don't you put some clothes on, I'll get my purse, and dinner is on me, okay?
你們穿上衣服,我去拿錢包,今晚我請客好吧?
Really? Great. Thank you.
真的嗎?太好了!謝謝。
You're not done with her, are you?
你還沒放棄是吧?
Our babies will be smart and beautiful. Not to mention imaginary.
我們的小孩肯定又聰敏又漂亮。更不用說想象力有多豐富了。
It's Thai food OK with you, Penny? Sure.
Penny,你能吃泰國菜嗎?可以啊。
We can't have thai food- we had indian for lunch. So?
我們不能吃泰國菜 中午已經吃了印度菜。所以?
They're both curry-based cuisines. So?
它們都是以咖喱為主的菜系。所以?
It would be gastronomically redundant. I can see we're going to have to spell out everything for this girl.
那會造成"腸胃不能承受之腹瀉",我發現我們什么都得幫她解釋清楚。
Any ideas, raj?
Raj 你有什么主意嗎?
Uh, turn left on lake street and head up to colorado. I know a wonderful little sushi bar that has karaoke.
在Lake街左轉朝Colorado開,那邊有個帶卡拉OK的壽司吧。
That sounds like fun.
好像很好玩。
Baby, baby, don't get hooked on me, oh, baby, baby, don't get hooked on me ...
寶貝寶貝不要被我迷上,寶貝寶貝不要被我迷上。
I don't know what your odds are in the world as a whole, but as far as the population of this car goes, you're a veritable mack daddy.
我不知道按整個世界算你追她成功的機率有多大,但就這輛車里的人來講,你絕對是名副其實的萬人迷。