So if a photon is directed through a plane with two slits in it and either slit is observed, it will not go through both slits. If it's unobserved, it will.
如果一個光子打向有兩個狹縫的平面;如果有一個狹縫可以觀測到;那它沒有同時通過兩個狹縫。如果沒被觀測到,那就會。
However, if it's observed after it's left the plane but before it hits its target, it will not have gone though both slits.
總之,如果觀察它在離開平面到擊中目標之前,它就不會穿過那兩個隙縫。
Agreed. What's your point?
沒錯。但你為什么要說這個?
There's no point. I just think it's a good idea for a t-shirt.
我只是覺得這個主意。可以用于設計T恤衫。
Excuse me. Hang on.
請問。等等。
Uh, one across is "aegean.", Eight down is "nabokov. " 26 across is "mcm.", 14 down is ... move your finger ... "phylum" which makes 14 across "port-au-prince" see,"papa doc's capitol idea, " that's "port-au-prince." Haiti.
橫1是Aegean(愛情海),豎8是Nabokov(小說洛麗塔的作者。橫26是MCM,豎14是……手指挪開點,Phylum(生物門類)這樣一來橫14就是Port-au-Prince(太子港)瞧,提示是"Papa doc的首都"(海地前首都),所以是太子港,海地的。
Can I help you? Yes.
能為你效勞嗎?是的。
Um ... is this the high-iq sperm bank?
這里是高智商精子庫嗎?
If you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't be here.
如果你這么問,也許你不該來這。
I think this is the place.
我想就是這沒錯了。
Fill these out. Thank you. We'll be right back.
把這個填一填。謝謝。我們馬上好。
Oh, take your time. I'll just finish my crossword puzzle. Oh, wait.
慢慢來,我還要玩填字游戲。噢,慢著。
Leonard, I don't think I can do this.
Leonard我辦不到。
What, are you kidding? You're a semi-pro.
開玩笑?你可是半職業人士。
No. We are committing genetic fraud.
不。我們這樣是詐騙。
There's no guarantee that our sperm is going to generate high-IQ offspring. Think about that.
我們沒法保證生出來的一定是高智商小孩。
I have a sister with the same basic DNA mix who hostesses at fuddruckers.
我姐姐跟我有一套相同的基本基因,她卻在Fuddrucker餐廳當服務生。
Sheldon, this was your idea. A little extra money to get fractional t-1 bandwith in the apartment.
Sheldon 這可是你的主意啊,一點額外的錢讓我們在寓所里擁有分式T-1帶寬。
I know, and I do yearn for faster downloads.
我知道,我確實很渴望高速下載。
But there's some poor woman who's gonna pin her hopes on my sperm.
但一些可憐的女人會把希望寄托在我的精子上。
What if she winds up with a toddler who doesn't know if he should use an integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve?
萬一生出來一個連曲線下部的面積用積分還是微分算都搞不清楚的小孩怎么辦?
I'm sure she'll still love him. I wouldn't.
我想她還是會愛那個寶寶的。我不會。
Well, what do you wanna do?
你想要怎樣?
I want to leave. Okay.
我想要走。好吧。
What's the protocol for leaving?
離開時要怎么說呢?
I don't know- I've never reneged on a proffer of sperm before.
我不知道,我可從沒有拒絕過提供精子的要求。
Let's try just walking out. Okay.
我們就直接走出去吧。好。
Bye. Bye. Nice meeting you.
再見。再見。很高興認識你。
Are you still mad about the sperm bank? No.
你還在為精子銀行的事生氣嗎?沒有?沒有。
You want to hear an interesting thing about stairs?
你想聽一件關于樓梯的趣事嗎?
Not really.
不是很想。
If the height of a single step is off by as little as two millimeters most people will trip.
如果一階樓梯比普通的矮個2毫米,大部分人都會絆倒。
I don't care. Two milli ... that doesn't seem right.
不關我事。2毫米?不會吧!
No, it's true. I did a series of experiments when I was 12. My father broke his clavicle.
是真的,我12歲時做了一系列的實驗,我爸爸因此還跌斷了鎖骨。
Is that why they sent you to boarding school?
所以他們把你送去寄宿學校?
No. That was a result of my work with lasers.
不。那是因為我研究激光惹的事。
new neighbor? Evidently.
新鄰居?顯然是。
Significant improvement over the old neighbor.
比上老鄰居有了明顯可觀的改善。
200-pound transvestite with a skin condition? Yes, she is.
那個200磅重還患有皮膚病的異裝癖?噢,絕對是。
Oh, hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi?
嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨?
We don't mean to interrupt. We live across the hall.
我們不想打擾你,我們是住對面的鄰居。
Oh, that's nice.
啊,太好了。
Oh, no, uh, we don't live together. I mean, we live together, but in separate, heterosexual bedrooms.
噢不,我們不是同居,我是說,雖然住在一起,但是在不同的……直男(異性愛)房間里。
Oh. Okay, well, guess I'm your new neighbor. Penny.
那好吧。我是你們的新鄰居,Penny。
Oh. Leonard. Sheldon.
我是Leonard,他是Sheldon。
Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi.
嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。
Well, uh ... oh, uh, welcome to the building.
歡迎你搬來。
Oh, thank you. Maybe we can have coffee sometime.
謝謝,有空一起喝個咖啡吧。
Oh, great. Great. Great. Great.
噢,好啊。好啊。好啊。好啊。
Well, uh, bye. Bye. Bye. Bye.
那么,再見啦。再見。再見。再見。
Should we've invited her for lunch?
我們應該邀請她共進午餐嗎?
No. We're gonna start season two of battlestar galactica.
不,我們要看Battlestar Galactica第二季。
We already watched the season two DVDs. Not with commentary.
我們已經看過第二季的DVD了,那時候沒帶評論音軌啊。
I think we should be good neighbors and invite her over, make her feel welcome.
我們應該做好鄰居,請她過來,讓她感受到我們對她的歡迎。
We never invited louie-slash-louise over.
我們從來沒請那個路易或是路易絲過來啊。
Well ... and that was wrong of us. We need to widen our circle.
那是我們不對,我們要擴大社交圈。
I have a very wide circle. I have 212 friends on myspace.
我的社交圈很廣,我在MySpace上有212個朋友。
Yes, and you've never met one of them.
是的 但你從沒見過任何一個真人。
That's the beauty of it.
這正是它的美好之處。
I'm gonna invite her over. We'll have a nice meal and ... chat.
我去請她過來,我們好好吃一餐,閑聊一下。
Chat? We don't chat. At least not offline.
閑聊?我們不閑聊,至少不線下閑聊。
Well, it's not difficult. You just listen to what she says and then you say something appropriate in response.
不會很難的,你就聽她說,然后給一些適當的回應就好了。
To what end?
直到什么時候?
Hi. Again. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Anyway, um ... we brought home indian food.
嗨,又是我們。嗨。嗨。嗨。嗨。那個……我們買了些印度菜。
And, um ... I know that moving can be stressful, and, and, I find that when I'm undergoing stress, that good food and company can have a comforting effect.
我知道搬家會很累人。當我覺得很累的時候,吃頓好的,跟人聊聊天,會讓我放松很多。
Also, curry is a natural laxative, and I don't have to tell you, that, you know, a clean colon is just one less thing to worry about.
此外,咖喱是天然的溫和瀉藥,你也知道干凈的結腸,會讓你省去件煩心事。
Leonard, I'm no expert here, but I believe in the context of a luncheon invitation, you might wanna skip the reference to bowel movements.
Leonard雖然我不是專家,但我相信當你邀請人吃午飯的時候,最好省略關于腸部運動的話題。
Oh, you're inviting me over to eat?
你們是在邀我一起吃飯?
Uh ... yes.
是啊。
Oh, that's so nice. I'd love to.
真是太好了,我很愿意。
Great.
很好。
So, what do you guys do for fun around here? Well, today we tried masturbating for money.
你們平時都玩什么呢?今天我們嘗試了靠手淫掙錢。
Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state, then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started ... wait! The earth began to cool the autotrophs began to drool, neanderthals developed tools we built the wall(we built the pyramids), math, science, history, unraveling the mystery that all started with a big bang bang!
我們的宇宙是個大火爐,140億年前大爆炸……稍等!地球開始冷卻,生物開始繁衍,尼安得特爾人發明工具,我們建造墻瓦、創造金字塔、數學、科學、歷史,揭露奧秘就從宇宙大爆炸開始!
Okay, well, make yourself at home.
請隨意。
Okay. Thank you.
好的,謝謝。
You're very welcome.
不客氣。
This looks like some serious stuff. Leonard, did you do this?
這些看起來好深奧啊,Leonard這是你寫的嗎?
Actually, that's my work. Wow!
實際上,那些是我做的。哇!
Yeah. Well, it's just some quantum mechanics with a little string theory doodling around the edges.
就是些量子力學而已,邊上我隨便胡寫了一點弦理論。
That part there, that's just a joke. It's a spoof of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation.
那個部分是開玩笑的,是我亂改的伯恩·奧本海默近似版。
So you're like one of those beautiful mind genius guys.
看來你是《美麗心靈》那部電影里面的那種天才人物啊。
Yeah.
可以這么說。
This is really impressive.
好厲害啊!
I have a board. If you like boards, this is my board.
我也有塊紙板,如果你喜歡,這邊是我的紙板。
Holy smokes.
我的媽呀。
If by "holy smokes" you mean a derivative restatement of the kind of stuff you can find scribbled on the wall of any men's room at MIT, sure.
如果你說的“我的媽呀”指的是在麻省理工大學任何一個男生宿舍墻上都能看到的涂寫,那我想是的。
What? Come on. Who hasn't seen this differential below "here I sit, broken-hearted"?
什么?得了吧,誰沒見過“我傷心地坐在這”下面的微分演算啊?
At least I didn't have to invent 26 dimensions just to make the math come out.
至少我不用自己發明26種量綱才能讓演算成立。
I didn't invent them. They're there.
我沒有發明它們,它們本來就是存在的。
In what universe? In all of them, that is the point.
在哪個世界上存在啊?所有的世界里都存在,這正是關鍵。
Uh ... do you guys mind if I start?
我可以開動了嗎?
Um ... penny ... Penny, that's where i sit.
哦,佩尼,你坐了我的座位。
So, sit next to me.
那你坐我旁邊嘛。
No ... I sit there.
不行,我只坐那個座位。
What's the difference? What's the difference? Here we go.
有什么區別?有什么區別?又來了。
In the winter, that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm, and yet not so close as to cause perspiration,
冬天那個位置跟電暖爐之間的距離正好能讓人保持溫暖而又不會太近導致出汗,
in the summer, it's directly in the path of a cross-breeze created by opening windows there and there it faces the television at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide as to create a parallax distortion.
夏天坐在這兒正好能吹到從這個窗口到那個窗口對吹的風,而且這里對著電視的角度正好既不會妨礙跟他人談話又不用把頭扭得太過去以致造成視差畸變。
I could go on, but I think I've made my point.
我還能繼續解釋下去,但我想你應該明白了。
Do you want me to move?
你要我移開嗎?
Well ... just sit somewhere else.
嗯……你就坐到旁邊去吧。
Fine.
好吧。
Sheldon, sit!
Sheldon給我坐下!
Ah.
啊。
Well, this is nice.
這樣很不錯。
We don't have a lot of company over.
我們不是經常有朋友過來。
That's not true- koothrappali and wolowitz come over all the time.
你胡扯,Koothrappali和Wolowitz天天都來。
Yes, I know, but ... Tuesday night we played klingon boggle untill 1:00 in the morning.
我知道,但……星期二晚上我們玩Klingon拼字游戲到夜里1點。
Yeah, I remember.
是啦,我記得。
I resent you saying we don't have company. I'm sorry. That has negative social implications. I said I'm sorry!
我討厭你說我們沒有朋友。抱歉。那會產生消極的交際暗示。我說了我很抱歉!
So ... klingon boggle?
Klingon拼字游戲是什么?
Yeah. It's like regular boggle, but ... in klingon.
就像普通的拼字游戲,但是是Klingon語的。
That's probably enough about us. So, tell us about you.
不聊我們了,說說你的事吧。
Um ... me? Okay. I'm a sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.
我?好啊我是人馬座的,這一點就很能說明我的個性啦。
Yes. It tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion, that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.
是啊,它告訴我們你也是迷信那種大眾文化妄想的一員,你相信你出生時太陽的視位置跟任意劃分的星群間的關系能以某種方式影響你的性格。
Participate in the what?
我相信什么?
I think what sheldon's trying to say is that sagittarius wouldn't have been our first guess.
我想Sheldon是說,你第一眼看上去不像人馬座。
Oh, yeah. A lot of people think I'm a water sign.
對啊,很多人覺得我像水相星座。
Okay, let's see, what else. Oh, I'm a vegetarian. Except for fish.
讓我想想還有什么,我是個素食者,嗯,魚除外。
And the occasional steak. I love steak!
偶爾我也吃牛排。我好愛牛排!
Well, that's interesting. Leonard can't process corn.
那真是有趣Leonard不能消化玉米。
Well, uh, do you have some sort of a job?
你做什么工作呢?
Oh, yeah. I'm a waitress at the cheesecake factory.
我在"芝士蛋糕工廠"當女招待。
Oh ... I love cheesecake.
我很喜歡芝士蛋糕。
You're lactose-intolerant.
你都不能忍受乳糖。
I don't eat it- I just think it's a good idea.
我不吃不代表我不欣賞它。
Oh. Anyways, I'm also writing a screenplay. It's about this sensitive girl who comes to L.A.From lincoln, nebraska, to be an actress and winds up a waitress at the cheesecake factory.
不管怎樣,我還在寫劇本,是關于一個感情細膩的女孩從內布拉斯加州Lincoln小鎮來到洛杉磯,夢想成為演員,卻只能在芝士蛋糕工廠當女招待。
So, it's based on your life.
劇本是根據你的經歷改編的哦?
No, I'm from Omaha.
不,我是從奧馬哈市來的。
Well, if that was a movie, I would go see it.
如果真的拍成電影,我肯定會去看的。
I know, right? Okay, let's see, what else ... um ...
我知道,故事不錯是吧?我想想還有什么?
guess that's about it. That's the story of penny.
好像差不多了,這就是Penny的故事。
Well, it sounds wonderful.
聽起來很棒啊。
It was. Until I fell in love with a jerk!
以前是的,直到我愛上了那個混球。
God, you know, four years I lived with him. Four years- that's like as long as high school.
你知道嗎,我跟他同居了4年。4年,跟高中一樣久了。
It took you four years to get through high school?
你花了4年才上完高中?
It just ... I can't believe I trusted him.
我不敢相信我居然那么信任他。
Should I say something? I feel like I should say something.
我該說些什么嗎?我覺得我該說些什么。
You? No, you'll only make it worse.
你?千萬別,你只會讓事情變得更糟糕。
You want to know the most pathetic part? Even though I hate his lying, cheating guts ... I still love him.
你知道最可悲的是什么嗎?盡管我對他的謊言欺騙恨之入骨,我還是愛著他。
Is that crazy? Yes.
是不是很瘋狂?是的。