Hey, you guys. I got some bad news.
伙計們,有個壞消息。
Well that's no way to sell newspapers. Why don't you try, "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!"
這樣怎么賣得出去報紙。試試"號外!號外!快來買啊!"
No. Monica's restaurant got a horrible review in the Post.
不,莫妮卡的餐廳在紐約郵報上的評價很差。
Yeah, I didn't want her to see it, so I ran around the neighborhood and bought all the copies I could find.
我不希望她看到,所以跑遍附近報攤買下了所有報紙。
Man, this is bad! And I've had my bad share of bad reviews.
確實很糟糕,我一直都被批得很兇。
I still remember my first good one, though: "Everything else in this production of Our Town was simply terrible. Joey Tribbiani was abysmal."
我還記得我第一次被贊美,《我們的小鎮》的其他所有方面都很差勁。喬伊·崔比安尼無可救藥。
Oh, my God! Look at all the newspapers. It must be a good review. Is it great? Umm...
我的天啊,看看這些報紙。評價一定很不錯,對吧? 額。
Oh, dear God.
我的天啊。
But the good news is, no one in a two block radius will ever know.
但好消息是方圓兩條街內沒有人會知道。
What about the rest of Manhattan? Yeah, they all know.
曼哈頓其他的人呢? 他們都會知道。
Oh, my God, this is horrible. I'm so humiliated.
天啊,這太可怕了。我覺得好丟臉。
Yeah, but you know what they say, Mon, there's no such thing as bad press.
人家不是說嘛,沒有所謂的負面報導。
You don't think that umm, "The chef's Mahi Mahi was awful awful," is bad press?
你不覺得"主廚做的鬼頭刀難吃極了"是負面報導嗎?
I didn't write it.
那又不是我寫的。
God, is he right? Am I really am I awful? Oh, no!
天啊,他說得對嗎?我很遜嗎? 不!
Hey! Hey Monica! , you listen to me, okay? I'm not just saying this because I'm your friend. I'm saying it 'cause it's the truth. Your food is abysmal!
莫妮卡,聽我說。我這么說不是因為我是你朋友。而是因為這是事實。你的菜品無可救藥!
Ross? What? What?
羅斯? 怎么了?
I am freaking out! Are you?
我好心慌啊! 是嗎?
My due date is in one week!
我的預產期就在一星期后!
What are you doing up? That is seven days.
你為什么不睡覺? 只剩七天。
Okay, look. I had a lot of water before I went to bed.
我睡前喝了太多水。
Can we do this after...? No no no no no, Ross!
我們能不能等會…… 不,羅斯。
Please, come on we do not have any of the big stuff that we need!
所有大件用品我們都還沒買!
We do not have a changing table! We do not have a crib! We do not have a diaper service.
我們沒買尿布桌,也沒買搖籃。我們甚至沒有尿布清潔回收服務。
It's funny you should mention diapers.
你現在提起尿布可真搞笑。
I'm serious. Ok look, there's there's nothing to worry about.
我是認真的。 沒什么好擔心的。
We have plenty of time. There's a great baby furniture store on west 10th. Tomorrow, we will go there and we will get you everything we need. Okay?
我們還有大把時間。西十街有家很棒的嬰兒用品專賣店。我們明天就過去買齊所有要用的東西,好嗎?
Okay. Thank you. That's great. Thank you.
好吧,謝謝你,太棒了,謝謝。
Wait wait! Where on West 10th? 'Cause there's this really cute shoe store that has like this little...
等等!西十街在哪里?因為那里有家不錯的鞋店……
Ok. Ok. If uh, if you're gonna do this, then I'm gonna go do that. So...
好吧,你要是想做這個,那我就去做那個了,所以……
Oh, wait Ross! I'm sorry, one more thing!
等一下,羅斯!抱歉,還有一件事。
Yeah.
好。
Umm, our situation. You know umm, what we mean to each other. And I mean we we're having this baby together you know, and we live together. Isn't that, isn't that weird?
我們的情況,我們對彼此的意義,我們要一起撫養孩子,我們住在一起……這難道不是很奇怪嗎?
Well uh... I'm just kidding. You can go pee.
額。 我只是在開玩笑,你可以去上廁所了。
Hey, Monica, I can't remember. Did we say we were gonna meet here or at the movie?
莫妮卡,我記不清了。我們約好在這里還是電影院里碰面?
We said at the movies, but...
我們約好在電影院見,但……
Okay, I'll see you there.
好的,那我們電影院見。
Joey, now that you're here...
喬伊,既然你來了……
Sure, I can hang out 'til I have to meet ya. What uh How come you're not going?
碰面之前可以先和你們待會。你為什么不去?
I can't. I got a job interview I gotta get ready for.
我去不成,我要準備新工作的面試。
I thought you already have a job.
你不是已經有工作了嗎。
And people say you don't pay attention.
大家竟然還說你不太關心別人。
No, this is a much better job.
這份工作比之前好很多。
It's vice president of the company that does data reconfiguration and statistical factoring for other companies.
職位是公司副總栽。這家公司為其他公司做數據重構和統計保理。
Wow. How do you know how to do that?
你怎么可能懂這些東西?
That's what I do now.
那就是我現在的工作。
Hey Joey, come taste this. What is it?
喬伊,來嘗嘗。 什么東西?
Remember that guy that gave me a bad review? Well...I'm getting my revenge!
還記得給我差評的那個人嗎?我要報復他。
You cooked him?
你把他煮了?
No. He teaches a course on food criticism at the New School, so before we go to the movies I wanna go by there and make him try my bouillabaisse again.
不。他在新校開了一堂美食鑒賞課。所以看電影之前,我要過去找他讓他再嘗嘗我的馬賽魚湯。
I can't wait to read the front page of the Post tomorrow: "Restaurant reviewer admits: I was wrong about Monica."
我等不及要看明天的郵報頭版了,"餐廳評鑒家承認,我錯怪了莫妮卡。"
The front page? You really do live in your own little world, don't you?
頭版?你還真是坐井觀天啊。
Do you want these things delivered, Mr. And Mrs. Geller?
需要我們提供送貨服務嗎?蓋勒先生,蓋勒太太。
Oh. Oh. No no no! No, no, no.
不。 不。
We're not married. We are having a baby together but we're not involved.
我們沒有結婚。 我們的孩子快出生了,但我們沒有結婚。
I mean, uh we we were seeing each other a while ago, but then we were just friends. And then there was one drunken night.
我是說我們曾經交往過,但后來我們成了朋友。有天晚上我們喝醉了……
Or, yes, stranger, we'd like this delivered, please.
好的,陌生人,我們需要送貨服務。
Why don't you fill out this address card? Oh, okay.
麻煩你填一下住址。 好的。
I notice you picked out a lot of dinosaurs items. Oh yeah!
我發現你們挑了不少恐龍。 對。
Actually, that's one of the reasons why we're not a couple.
其實這也是我們沒結婚的原因之一。
I chose those. I'm a paleontologist.
那是我挑的,我是古生物學家。
Really? That is so cool.
真的嗎?那太酷了。
Oh. Oh yeah, don't get too worked up over it. I mean it it sounds like he's a doctor, but he's not.
別因為這事興奮過頭了。你可能以為他是博士,但事實上不然。
Oh no no, I'm fascinated by paleontology. Have you read the new Walter Alvarez book?
不,我喜歡古生物學。你看過華特·艾瓦瑞茲的書嗎?
Yeah. I teach it in my class.
那是我的教科書。
Oh my God! I'm standing at a cash register, I'm holding a credit card, and I'm bored.
天啊。我站在收銀臺手里拿著信用卡,快要無聊死了。
Oh, I love your neighborhood. There's a great gym right around the corner from your building.
我喜歡你住的社區。街角有家很棒的健身房。
That's my gym. I can tell you work out.
我就在那里健身。 我看得出來你有健身。
A paleontologist who works out. You're like Indiana Jones.
一位喜歡健身的古生物學家。你跟印第安納·瓊斯一樣。
I am like Indiana Jones.
我確實很像印第安納·瓊斯。
Hi, Pheebs. Hey! Oh, how did baby shopping go?
嗨,菲比。 寶寶的東西買得怎么樣了?
Oh, it was great! We got everything that we needed!
太棒了,我們需要的東西都買到了。
Oh, and Ross almost got something that wasn't on the list. A whore.
羅斯差點拿到清單上沒有的東西。一個妓女。
What?
什么?
Well, we were paying for our stuff and this saleswoman just started flirtingwith him. Can you believe that?
我們正在付帳,有個女銷售員開始對他調情。你能相信嗎?
Well did she know you two weren't married? Yeah.
她知道你們沒有結婚嗎? 知道。
Oh my God! Well the idea of a woman flirting with a with a single man, we we must alert the church elders!
天啊。一個女人泡一個單身男人?我們得通知教會的長老。
You don't understand. You didn't see how brazen she was.
你不了解,你沒看到她多不要臉。
Sounds like you're a little jealous. No, I'm not.
你好像在吃醋。 我才沒有。
I I I just think it's wrong! It's it's that I'm Here I am about to pop and he's out picking up some shop girl at Sluts 'R' Us!
我只是覺得那是不對的。我是說我就快生了,而他卻在蕩婦專賣店泡女人?
Is that a real place? Are they hiring?
真的有那種地方嗎?他們在招人嗎?
Hey, Phoebe. Fatty.
嘿,菲比,肥婆。
Hey Chandler, why so fancy?
你為什么那么高興?
Well, I got a job interview. It's kind of a big deal too. It's a lot more money and I'd be doing data reconfiguration and statistical factoring.
我得到一個面試機會,待遇很不錯。薪水比之前高很多。我要做數據重構和統計保理工作。
Wait, I think I know someone who does that.
我認識一個人就是做那行的。
Me. I do that. So, seriously, do I look okay? I'm a little nervous.
那就是我。我看起來還好吧?我好緊張。
Oh, yeah. You really look great.
對,你看起來棒極了。
You know, just don't get your hopes up.
別抱太高希望。
Why not? Well, the interview.
為什么? 你要去面試。
What about it? You know.
所以呢? 你知道的。
You don't make a very good first impression.
你給人留的第一印象都不太好。
What? Oh, you don't know.
什么? 你不知道啊。
Are you serious?
你是說真的嗎?
Yes, when I first met you, you were like, "Blah, blah, blah." I was like, shhh!
我第一次見到你,你是這樣的……我就想說……
What is it that I do?
我做了什么讓你不爽?
Well it's just like you're trying too hard. Always making jokes, you know, you just You come off a little needy.
你太刻意想要講笑話,你顯得太心急了。
Did you like me when we first met?
我們第一次見面時,你喜歡我嗎?
Chandler, I'm not gonna lie to you. But I am gonna run away from you.
錢德勒,我不想騙你。但我要離你遠點。
Hi! Umm, I'm Monica Geller, I'm the chef at Alessandro's.
我是莫妮卡·蓋勒,亞利山多洛斯的主廚。
Still?
現在還是?
I think the things that you said about me were really unfair, and I would like for you to give my bouillabaisse another chance.
我覺得你給我的評價很不公平,我想讓你再嘗嘗我做的馬賽魚湯。
I don't see any reason why I'd do that to myself again.
我實在不明白自己為何要再嘗一次。
Either eat it or be in it.
不吃就潑你臉上。
Spoon?
湯匙?
So what do you think?
你覺得如何?
I'm torn between my integrity and my desire to avoid a beating. But I must be honest. Your soup is abysmal.
我很為難,不知該實話實說,還是避免挨揍。但我得老實說。你的湯無藥可救。
Thatta girl! We should get out of here, there's a new class coming in.
干得漂亮!我們該走了,新的一班要上課了。
Welcome to Introduction to Cooking. Now, before we start, Can anyone tell me the difference between hollandaise and bearnaise sauce?
歡迎大家參加烹調入門班。在開始上課之前,誰能告訴我荷蘭醬跟蛋黃醬的差別?
I can. Okay, go ahead.
我知道。 請說。
Well, they both have a egg yolk and butter base. But a bearnaise has shallots, chervil, and most importantly, tarragon.
兩者都放了蛋黃跟奶油。但蛋黃醬有放蔥雪維菜,最重要的是還有龍嵩。
Oh, that's very good, what's your name?
非常好。你叫什么名字?
Monica.
莫妮卡。
Monica, You go to the head of the class! Okay!
莫妮卡,你來當班長吧。 好啊!
All this stuff takes up a lot of room. Hey how uh, how serious are you about keeping Ben in your life?
這些玩意占了好多空間。你說要一直照顧本,這話是認真的嗎?
My son? Pretty serious.
我兒子嗎?我非常認真。
Oh hey Katie! What uh, what're you doing here?
嗨,凱蒂。你來這里做什么?
Well, the delivery went out to you and I realized they forgot this.
送貨員出發之后,我才發現他們忘了這個。
Ah, must've been fairly obvious since it was the only thing left in your store.
它一定很顯眼,因為這是你店里唯一剩下的東西。
Listen, to be honest, home deliveries are really a part of my job description. Oh.
聽著,老實說我的工作不包括送貨到家服務。 哦。
Oh uh...I actually came here to ask you out.
我是來這里約你的。