Monica: It's so weird, how did Joey end up kissing Charlie last night? I thought you'd end up kissing Charlie.
真是太奇怪了,喬伊昨晚最后怎么會去親查莉呢?我還以為最后會是你去親查莉。
Ross: Hey, I thought I'd end up kissing Charlie too ok? But surprise!
嘿,我也這么以為啊!但是……驚喜!
Chandler: I missed most of the party.
我錯過大部分的派對。
Chandler: Charlie's a girl, right?
查莉是女生,對吧?
Ross: Yes, she is this new professor in my department that I did not kiss.
是的,她是剛來我系而我沒親到的那個新教授。
Rachel: I don't know why Joey had to kiss her! I mean, of all the girls at the party, God!
我不知道為什么喬伊要親她!有這么多女生在派對上,天啊!
Ross: Why do you care so much?
你為什么這么在乎呢?
Monica: Yes, Rachel, why do you care so much?
是啊,瑞秋,你為什么這么在乎呢?
Rachel: Be-cause Ross is the father of my child!
因為羅斯是我孩子的父親!
Rachel: You know ... and I ... want him to hook up with lots of women!
你知道的,而我希望他可以有機會跟很多女人交往!
Rachel: Look, I just, All I'm saying is, I don't think that Joey and Charlie have anything in common.
我的意思是說,我不認為喬伊跟查莉有任何相同之處。
Ross: I don't know, they seem to have a shared interest in each other's tonsils.
我不知道,他們似乎對彼此的扁桃腺有相同的興趣。
Phoebe: Wow, Joey and a professor! Can you imagine, if they had kids and if-if the kids got her intelligence and Joey's raw sexual magnetism ... those nerds will get laaaaaid!
哇,喬伊跟大學教授,你們能想像萬一他們有小孩嗎?如果小孩子遺傳到她的智慧……還有喬伊的原始性吸引力……書呆子可以歇歇了!
Rachel: All right, so ... Ross, you're ok with all this? I mean…
好了,羅斯你對這一切都沒關系嗎?我是說……
Ross: Yeah, it's no big deal. I mean, I just met her and I'm fine with it.
又沒有什么大不了的,我才剛認識她 我沒事的。
Ross: Oh, God. I forgot how hot she was! I'm gonna get some more coffee.
天啊,我忘了她有多辣了!我要去多倒些咖啡。
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
All: Hi!
嘿!
Charlie: Oh you know, I'll come with you.
喔,我跟你去。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Chandler: So, a professor, uh?
是教授嗎?
Joey: Yeah! She is cool, and she's so smart!
是啊,她真酷,而且很聰明!
Joey: Her mind is totally acrimonious.
她的內心是完全的“尖酸刻薄”。
Joey: That's not how she used it.
她好像不是那樣用那個詞的。
Charlie: I feel like I owe you an explanation. I don't ordinarily go around kissing guys at parties.
我覺得我應該向你解釋……我通常不會在派對上亂親男生的。
Charlie: I'm ... well, I'm kind of embarrassed. I really hope you don't think less of me.
我……嗯,我有點難為情。我希望你不會因此而瞧不起我。
Ross: No, think less of you! No, I don't think less of you. I mean, you-you saw someone you liked and you kissed them.
不,瞧不起你?我不會瞧不起你的。我是說,你看到喜歡的人,然后你親了他。
Ross: I mean, those people who-who like someone and-and don't kiss them ... those-those people are stupid, I hate those people.
那些有喜歡的人,卻又不親他們的人……那些人是笨蛋,我恨死那些人了。
Charlie: You know, actually I'm a little surprised to myself.
事實上,我自己也是很驚訝。
Charlie: I mean, Joey is so different from the guys I usually date. I mean, they're all professors, and intellectuals, and paleontologists mostly, you know, very cerebral ...
我是說,喬伊跟我以前交往的人太不同了。他們全都是教授、高知識份子,大部分是古生物學家,你知道的,非常有理智……
Ross: Yeah, I know the type.
是的,我知道那一類型的人。
Joey: Hey, if you wanna you know grab a bite before work we'd better get acrimonious. No? Am I getting close?
如果你想要在上班前先吃點東西,我們最好趕快“尖酸刻薄”。不對嗎?意思很接近吧?
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: Hi!
嗨!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Phoebe: Hey you guys! Look what I just got.
嘿,你們瞧瞧我買了什么。
Rachel: Oh, wow, I love those! Where did you get them?
哇!我喜歡這雙鞋!你去哪買的?
Phoebe: I bought them off eBay!
我從eBay網站上買的!
Rachel: They used to belong to the late Shania Twain.
這本來屬于去世的仙妮亞·唐恩(加拿大流行樂天后)的。
Rachel: Phoebe, Shania Twain is still alive!
菲比,仙妮亞·唐恩還活著!
Phoebe: Oh, then I overpaid.
喔,那我多付錢了。
Monica: Hey, what's this?
嘿,這是什么?
Rachel: Oh, it's a gift certificate to this new Spa in SoHo.
喔,那是蘇活區一間新開水療中心的禮券。
Monica: Oh, you can't show Phoebe this! She hates those corporate massage chains.
你不能給菲比看到,她痛恨這些大型連鎖按摩中心的。
Rachel: Ah, why, now I can't get a massage? There are so many things that she disapproves of. I can't eat veal, I can't wear fur, I can't go hunting.
什么?我連按摩都不行嗎?有很多事情她都不準我們做。我不能吃小牛肉,我不能穿皮草,我不能去打獵。
Monica: Do you wanna go hunting?
你想要去打獵嗎?
Rachel: Well, I would like to have the option!
至少我要有選擇的權利!
Phoebe: What's up? Hey, Rachel!
那是什么?嘿,瑞秋?
Rachel: Ahh!
啊哈!
Phoebe: No, you can't go there!
不,你不能去!
Phoebe: You know how I feel about these "big massage places"! They're putting people like me out of business!
你知道我對這些按摩中心的觀感!它們害得像我這樣的人失業!
Monica: And she wants to go hunting, too!
她也想去打獵喔!
Rachel: Phoebe, come on, I don't wanna waste it! It would be like throwing away a hundred bucks!
菲比,別這樣,我不想浪費掉它!這就好像是白白丟掉一百塊!
Phoebe: Ok, this is not about the money, ok?
好了,這跟錢無關,好嗎?
Phoebe: It's-it's about, it's about corporate greed destroying our hearts and leaving us ... the-the hollow shells.
這跟大企業貪婪毀滅我們的心靈……然后讓我們只剩下空空的軀體。
Rachel: I don't care about any of that!
我根本不在乎那些!
Phoebe: Well, do you care about friendship?
那你在乎我們的友誼嗎?
Rachel: Oh!
哦嗚!
Phoebe: I feel really strongly about this, Rachel. Please, don't use this gift certificate. I'm asking you as a friend.
我對這個真的很反感,請不要用這張禮券,我以朋友的身分要求你。
Rachel: Oh, not as a friend, Phoebe! Fine, I won't use it!
喔,不要以朋友的身分,菲比!好啦,我不用就是了!
Phoebe: Promise?
保證嗎?
Rachel: I promise.
我保證。
Phoebe: Thank you.
謝謝。
Rachel: But I am going hunting!
不過我會去打獵的!
Monica: Hey honey! I missed you today!
嗨,親愛的,我今天好想你!
Chandler: Oh, yeah?
喔,是嗎?
Monica: Yeah. Hey. What'd you wanna do tonight?
是啊。你今晚想要做什么呢?
Chandler: Oh, well uh, maybe we could ...
或許我們可以……
Monica: Ok, trying to turn me on by making a mess? Know your audience!
好,想用把東西弄亂來讓我性奮嗎?多了解一下你的對象!
Monica: Besides, tomorrow we're doing those fertility tests and until then you need to keep your tadpoles in the tank.
況且,明天我們要做不孕癥的檢查 在那之前,你得要把你的蝌蚪放在池塘里。
Chandler: We really need to take those tests? You know, I don't like the words they use in those places, you know? They're so clinical. This is a pee-pee, that's a hoo-hoo.
我們一定要做那些檢查嗎?我不喜歡他們用的那些字眼,你知道嗎?太醫學化了。這是小弟弟,那是小妹妹。
Monica: Honey, we've been trying to have a baby for over a year.
親愛的,我們為了要懷孕已經試了一年了,
Monica:Just think it's a good idea to find out if everything's okay. Just a few routine tests.
只是覺得檢查一切是否正常是件好事。只是幾樣例行的檢查。
Chandler: But I don't wanna do it in a cup!
但是我不想要弄在一個杯子里!
Monica: What is the big deal?
有什么大不了的呢?
Chandler: It's weird! In a doctor's office?
很怪!在診所里?
Monica: It's not ok to do it in a doctor's office but it is ok to do it in a parked car behind a Taco Bell?
不能在診所做……但是在塔可鐘快餐后面的停車場就可以嗎?
Chandler: I cannot believe Ross told you that! And in my defense, it was a Wendy's!
我不敢相信羅斯告訴了你!但是我要澄清的是,那是在溫蒂漢堡!
Monica: Oh, ok, I don't wanna do this test either, but I really do think it's a good idea!
聽著,我也不想做那些檢查,但是我真的認為這是個好主意!
Chandler: Yeah, ok. I'm sure that doctor's office can't be worst than on a class trip to the Hershey's factory!
我想在醫院做總不會比……在去巧克力工廠的路上做還糟糕吧?
Monica: Oh!
喔!
Chandler: Oh, yeah! Rachel talks too!
是的!瑞秋也是大嘴巴!
Joey: Who says that wine has to cost more than milk!
誰說酒一定要比牛奶貴呢?
Joey: Heeey!
嘿!
Charlie: Hi!
嗨!
Joey: Come on in, how are ya?
請進,你好嗎?
Charlie: I'm good!
我很好!
Joey: Can I offer you a drink?
你要喝一杯嗎?
Charlie: Please, I have been crazed all day!
好的,我整天都忙瘋了!
Charlie: I had a meeting with the dean, and my syllabus for summer school is due and I'm writing the foreword for a friend's book ...
我跟系主任開了會,我暑期班的課程表又要交……然后我要幫一個朋友寫新書的序……
Joey: Yeah, I had a pretty hectic day at work too, today I had to open a door and go ohhhh!
我今天工作也很忙,今天我要開門然后出去!
Charlie: So I am just so excited to be here.
所以我很興奮能夠來到這里。
Charlie: I mean I can't wait to start exploring the city!
我等不及要發掘這個城市了!
Joey: Hey, if you need a tour guide ...
如果你需要導游……
Charlie: Oh, you mean it? That would be so fun!
你是說真的嗎?一定會很好玩!
Joey: Oh, yeah, definitely, definitely ok. Uh, what do you wanna see first?
喔,是一定的,好了,你想先去哪里呢?
Charlie: Oh, well, we can go see the Kronos Quartet at the Avery Fisher Hall.
我們可以去國家音樂廳聽克諾斯四重奏。
Joey: Ok!
好的!
Charlie: And, oh, there is a collection of Walt Whitman letters on display at the public library.
在市立圖書館有惠特曼書信的展覽。
Joey: I know, yeah!
我知道!
Charlie: Ahh. Uhm, but first, I have to see the MET!
但是,我想先去看看大都會博物館!
Joey: Ok, let me stop you right there. The Mets suck, ok? You wanna see the Yankees.
好的,讓我先打斷一下。大都會隊遜斃了,好嗎?你會比較喜歡洋基隊的。
Charlie: No, no, not the Mets, the MET, singular!
不,不是大都會隊,是大都會,是單數!
Joey: Which one, they all suck!
哪一隊?反正他們全部都很遜!
Charlie: The museum!
博物館!
Joey: I don't think so.
我可不認為這一隊會好到哪里去。
Rachel: Hi there!
嗨!
Receptionist: Hello, welcome to Lavender Day Spa. How may I help you?
嗨,歡迎光臨薰衣草芳香療法。我能為您服務嗎?
Rachel: Oh, hi. I'm, I have a massage appointment under Rachel Green.
嗨,我是瑞秋·格林,我有預約按摩。
Receptionist: Okay.
好的。
Rachel: and here is my gift certificate.
這是我的禮券。
Receptionist: This's been torn up.
這被撕掉了。
Rachel: And ... taped back together.
而且被粘回去了。
Receptionist: Ok, well, I'll call you as soon as your massage therapist is ready.
好的,等您的按摩師準備好后,我會馬上通知您的。
Rachel: Ok.
好的。
Receptionist: Have a seat through the glass doors.
請在玻璃門外的沙發坐一下。
Rachel: Through the glass doors.
在玻璃門外。
Receptionist: Through the glass doors.
在玻璃門外。
Rachel: Alrighty then.
好的。
Receptionist: Phoebe, your next client's in the waiting room.
菲比,你的下一位客人在候客室等著。
Phoebe: Ok. Do we have to talk like that when they're not around?
當客人不在的時候,我們也要這樣說話嗎?
Phoebe: Oh, no, no, no! Listen, is there someone who can fill in for me?
喔,不不不……聽著,有人可以幫我做這一個嗎?
Receptionist: Sorry, everyone is booked!
對不起,大家都被預約了!
Phoebe: But that woman can't know I work here. She's a friend of mine and I made this big stink about how awful this massage chains are.
那女人不能知道我在這里工作。她是我朋友,而我告訴她我很討厭這些糟糕的按摩連鎖店。
Receptionist: Then why do you work here?
那你為什么要在這里工作呢?
Phoebe: Cause it's good money! But that doesn't change the fact that this is an evil blood sucking corporate machine!
因為薪水很好啊!但是那并不會改變……這是個邪惡、吸血、大企業體的事實!
Receptionist: Well, I think this is a great place to work!
我倒是覺得這是個不錯的工作環境!
Phoebe: Ok, are they listening?
好,他們有在監聽嗎?
Joey: Ross!
羅斯!
Ross: Hi!
嗨!
Joey: I uh, I need to talk to you about Charlie.
我需要跟你談查莉的事。
Ross: Oh, do you, do you really?
喔,真的嗎?有必要嗎?
Joey: Yeah, I'm ... I'm kinda having a little problem.
是啊,我有一點小問題。
Ross: Look, if you don't know what the word "acrimonious" means, just don't use it!
聽著,如果你不知道“尖酸刻薄” 是什么意思,那就不要用它!
Joey: No, look, you know Charlie, right? She's cool, she's funny, her body is soo ...
聽著,你了解查莉,不是嗎?她很酷、風趣,而且她的身材又很……
Ross: Get to the problem!
說重點!
Joey: Right. It's just that she's so much smarter than all the girls I've ever dated! Combined!
好的,她只是比我約會過的所有女生……全部加起來都還要聰明!
Joey: You know, and I just, I don't want her to think I'm stupid!
你知道嗎?而我只是,我不想要讓她覺得我很笨!
Ross: Are you wearing two belts?
你系兩條皮帶嗎?
Joey: Eh, what do you know!
嘿,你怎么知道的呢?
Ross: You were saying you didn't wanna seem stupid.
你剛剛說你不想看起來很笨。
Joey: Right, right, right, well, she, like she wants to go to all this cultural places and I don't know how to talk about that stuff. You gotta help me out!
嗯,她想要去那些很有文化的地方……而我不知道要怎么談論那些東西,你一定要幫我!
Ross: You know, I-I really don't wanna get involved in you guy's relationship.
我不想要介入你們的關系當中。
Joey: Oh dude, please, come on, you're the smartest person I know and I-I really like this girl, ok, I-I don't wanna lose her.
老兄,拜托,別這樣 你是我認識的最聰明的人,而我真的很喜歡這個女生,好嗎?我不想要失去她。
Ross: Fine.
好啦。
Joey: Thanks.
謝謝。
Ross: Ok. Let's see. Oh, you-you should take her to the MET!
好的,讓我想想。喔,你應該帶她去大都會!
Joey: The Metsss!
大都會隊!
Ross: No-no-no! The MET! The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
不,大都會!大都會藝術博物館。
Joey: Oh, that's what she meant!
喔,原來她指的是那個!
Joey: You know, if they're gonna shorten it, they should call it the MUSE! you know? short for museum, and avoid all the confusion!
如果他們要用簡稱,應該把它叫做“博物”,你知道嗎?博物館的簡稱,避免混淆!
Ross: Yeah, yeah, most days the place is packed with confused angry baseball fans.
是啊,很多時候那地方都擠滿了混淆又生氣的棒球迷。
Joey: Ok, all right, so, I-I'll take her to the MET.
好的,那我帶她去大都會。
Ross: Yeah, uh, uh, ok, there's this great rare bookstore on Madison Avenue.
對了,在麥迪遜大道上有間很棒的書店。
Ross: You know what? She loves architecture, you know what you should do?
你知道嗎?她熱愛建筑?
Ross: You should take a walk down fifth to the Saint Patrick's Cathedral and there there's this great little pastry shop that she'd love.
你應該帶她從第五大道散步,到圣派屈克教堂在那邊有間很棒的烘培坊,她一定會喜歡。
Joey: Geez, sounds like you should be going on this date!
天啊,聽起來好像是你應該去約會才對!
Ross: But I'm not!
但是我并沒有!
Ross: You know what if you're in the mood for Thai food ...
你知道嗎,如果你有心情吃泰國食物……
Joey: Okay, slow down.
好的,說慢一點。
Joey: You're going way too fast. Okay? Just go back to the Met.
你說的太快了,好嗎?先回去講大都會。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Joey: So, you gotta tell me exactly what to do there.
你必須要詳細告訴我在那邊要做什么。
Ross: Ok, when you walk in the museum, take a right, okah? that's the antiquities wing.
當你們進入博物館時,先向右轉……那邊是古代文物廳。
Ross: Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, up to the Byzantine Empire.
古埃及、美索不達米亞直到拜占庭帝國。
Joey: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Ok, so, I walk in the door and make a right.
喔噢,喔噢,喔噢,喔噢,喔噢,好的,所以我進門以后,往右轉。
Chandler: I have a weird feeling about this place. I mean how do I know that they are not gonna secretly videotape me and put it all over the Internet.
我覺得這地方怪怪的,我怎么知道……他們會不會偷錄下來,然后放到網絡上呢?
Monica: Because, honey, I-I mean this in the sweetest way possible, nobody is gonna wanna watch that.
因為,親愛的……我以我能做到最甜美的方式告訴你……沒有人會想要看的。
Nurse: Mr. Bing? Here you are!
賓先生?拿去吧!
Nurse: You'll go into that room and deposit your specimen into the container.
進去那間房間,然后把樣本放入容器內。
Chandler: Deposit my specimen? You know, I usually have to call a 900 number for that kind of talk. Thanks, got it.
把樣本放入?我通常要打一些900電話才能聽到這種談話。謝謝,知道了。
Monica: All right, honey, my test is down the hall, are you sure you're gonna be ok?
好了,親愛的,我的檢查在另外一邊,你確定你還好嗎?
Chandler: Yeah, I guess!
是的,我想應該吧!
Monica: Look, I know this is embarrassing, but nobody cares! No one here even knows you!
聽著,我知道這很尷尬,但是沒有人在乎啊,在這里根本沒有人認識你!
Janice: Oh my God!
喔,我的天啊!
Chandler: Oh, Come on!
喔,瘟神啊!
Janice: How great is this!
這是不是太棒了呢?
Monica: Yeah, we're probably fertile, let's go home!
我們或許沒有不孕,我們回家吧!
Chandler: Why are you here?
你為什么會在這里呢?
Janice: Well, Sid and I are trying again and we had trouble last time because apparently we ...
西德跟我想要再試一次,我們上一次有問題……
Chandler: No no no, I mean, why? why is she here?
不不不,我是說,為什么?為什么她會在這里?
Janice: Oh! Someone's a little cranky today 'cause they have to do it in a cup! Oh! They gave you the kiddy size.
有人今天不太高興,因為他們要弄到一個杯子里面……喔,他們給你小孩用的杯子。