Joey: Hey, you made it, all right. Hey, glad you could make it Thanks for coming.
嘿,你來了!太好了!很高興你來了,謝謝你參加。
Monica: Oh my God! Kyle Lowder!
我的天啊,凱爾·羅德!
Kyle Lowder: Hi.
嗨。
Monica: I love you!
我愛你!
Joey: Hey, that's why I didn't invite you. you have to calm down, alright? just go, go get yourself a drink or something.
喂,這就是我為什么不想邀請你,你要冷靜點,好嗎?去喝點飲料什么的。
Monica: Oh yeah that's what you want- my inhibitions lowered.
是啊,你就是要讓我的自制力崩潰。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Oh my God, can you believe we are surrounded by all this? I can barely control myself.
我的天啊,你敢相信我們被這些人包圍著嗎?我幾乎控制不了自己。
Phoebe: Monica, you might wanna remember that you are married.
莫妮卡,你該了解到你已經結婚了。
Phoebe: Where is Chandler, anyway?
錢德呢?
Monica: Oh my God! Chandler!
我的天啊!錢德!
Chandler: Where the hell is everybody?
大家死哪去了?
Bitter woman: Why don't you like me? !
你為什么不喜歡我?
Bitter woman: Chaper one My first period.
第一章 我的第一次生理期。
Monica: Hey! Joey said no autographs!
嘿!喬伊說不能要簽名的!
Monica: But if she's gettting one, I want one too, To Monica. And none of this "best wishes" crap. I want "love".
但是如果她有,那我也要!“給莫妮卡”,而且別寫什么 “祝福”之類的,要寫“愛”。
Rachel: Ok. Actually, uh Mon, Matthew was-was giving me his phone number.
事實上,莫妮卡,馬修只是給我他的電話。
Monica: Oh man! If I had known I was coming to this party I never would've gotten married!
天啊!如果我知道,我要參加這個派對……我就一定不會結婚!
Matthew Ashford: It was nice to meet you Rachel.
很高興認識你。
Rachel: Nice to meet you.
很高興認識你。
Matthew Ashford: Call me.
打電話給我。
Rachel: Ok.
好的。
Monica: We will!
我們會的!
Monica: Look at you with all the guys!
瞧瞧你周旋在眾多男生之間!
Rachel: Yeah!
是啊!
Monica: I guess you have forgotten all about Joey?
我猜你把喬伊都忘光了?
Rachel: Yeah, well, I guess, I guess I have forgotten about Joey and clearly you've forgotten about Chandler!
是的,我想我是忘了喬伊而很明顯地,你也忘了錢德!
Monica: Please ... Chandler is the love of my life ... oooh leather pants! Have mercy!
拜托,錢德是我的摯愛……唔皮褲耶!不會吧!
Charlie: So, did you get to go to things like this often?
你常常參加這種派對嗎?
Ross: Ok, come on, this is New York.
是啊,這里是紐約耶。
Ross: I mean, one night you're at a rooftop party filled with soap stars, and the next night, you're ... uhm, who am I kidding, this is so cool.
我是說,有時候晚上在屋頂上跟很多肥皂劇明星開派對……有時候,就是……我是在騙誰呢,這實在太酷了!
Ross: So, eh ... it's probably gonna be hard for you to leave Boston, huh?
離開波士頓對你而言一定很困難吧?
Charlie: Actually, I'm kinda happy to be leaving ... I just broke up with someone.
事實上我很高興離開那,我剛剛分手。
Ross: Ooh ... so sad ...
真令人傷心。
Ross: Uh, still, it can't be easy for you to leave Harvard? Especially after working alongside a Nobel Prize winner like Albert Wintermeyer?
但是離開哈佛 一定也是不容易?尤其是跟諾貝爾得主亞伯特·溫麥爾共事過?
Charlie: Actually, Alby is the guy I broke up with.
事實上,阿亞就是我分手的人。
Ross: You ... you dated Albert Wintermeyer?
你跟亞伯特·溫麥爾交往過?
Charlie: Yeah.
是的。
Ross: And you called him Alby? !
而你叫他“阿亞”?
Ross: I mean that's, that's like ... calling Albert Einstein ... er ... Alby ...
我是說,這就像是叫亞伯特·愛因斯坦……阿亞一樣……
Charlie: Yeah, well, he is a, brilliant man.
對,他是個很聰明的男人。
Ross: Eh, you think?
你認為嗎?
Ross: I mean, you went out with a guy who improved the accuracy of radiocarbon dating by a factor of 10!
我是說,你跟一個……提升了碳十四的精準測定法的男人交往!
Charlie: Yes! And while that is everything one looks for in a boyfriend, he had a lot of issues.
是的,而那正是每個人對男朋友的需求,他有很多問題。
Ross: Oh! like what?
像是什么呢?
Ross: Oh I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry ... it's just that this must be what regular people experience when they watch "Access Hollywood".
很抱歉,我不是要刺探隱私,只是跟……一般人看《直擊好萊塢》有一樣的反應。
Charlie: Ok, you want the dirt? Alby was seriously insecure.
好的,你想要知道內幕嗎?阿亞有很嚴重的沒安全感,
Charlie: I mean, he was really intimidated by the guy I dated before him.
他對我之前男朋友感到非常地不安。
Ross: Who is intimidating to a guy who won the Nobel Prize?
誰能夠威脅到諾貝爾獎得主呢?
Charlie: A guy who won two.
得過兩個諾貝爾獎的人。
Ross: Two? What? Don't tell me you-you dated Benjamin Hobart.
兩個?什么?別告訴我你跟班杰明·赫伯交往過?
Charlie: Yeah ... for three years.
是的,交往了三年。
Ross: Oh my God!
我的天啊!
Ross: Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who hasn't won the Nobel Prize?
你有沒有跟沒得過諾貝爾獎的人交往過呢?
Charlie: No. But-oh there was my first boyfriend Billy.
沒有。但我的第一個男朋友比利沒有。
Ross: Oh yeah? no, no Nobel Prizes for him?
是嗎?他沒有得諾貝爾嗎?
Charlie: No, but he did just win the McArthur genius grant.
沒有,但是他倒是得過麥克阿瑟的 “天才獎學金”。
Ross: Huh ... huh ... what a loser!
真是個失敗者!
Ross: Some more wine?
要再喝點酒嗎?
Phoebe: Hey, Ross!
嘿,羅斯!
Rachel: How is it going with Charlie?
羅斯,跟查莉進行的如何呢?
Ross: Oh Great! After I finish my wine I'm gonna blow my ... eh. average-sized brains out.
噢!很好!在我喝完酒之后……我正常水平的腦袋會爆炸。
Phoebe: Oh, What's the matter?
怎么了?
Ross: She only dates geniuses and-and Nobel Prize winners.
她只跟天才還有諾貝爾獎得主交往,
Ross: Oh my God, at the Chinese restaurant earlier today, I put chopsticks in my mouth and pretented to be a woolly mammoth.
我的天啊,今天在中國餐廳……我把筷子放在嘴中假裝是長毛象。
Rachel: I always loved that.
我很喜歡那樣耶。
Ross: Of course you would, your brains are smaller than mine!
當然你會喜歡,你的大腦比我的還小!
Ross: Man, I can't compete with the guys she goes out with, they are so out of my league!
天啊,我不能跟她交往過的男人相比,他們比我好太多了!
Ross: Oh, my God!
我的天啊!
Rachel: Worse?
還有更糟的嗎?
Ross: Oh much, much worse. I did my impression of Joan Rivers as one of the earliest amphibians ... "Can we walk"? Oh, you like that?
比那還糟。我還模仿瓊·里弗斯(傳奇女喜劇家)演出最早的兩棲人 ……“我們可以去散步嗎?”你喜歡嗎?
Phoebe: No.
不。
Ross: What?
怎樣?
Rachel: Come on! I think that's funny!
別這樣!我覺得這樣很好笑啊!
Rachel: Woolly mammoth.
長毛象。
Bitter lady: Well, I bet you are all thinking that "Now would be a really great time for an intermission", huh?
我想你們一定在想現在該中場休息了,是嗎?
Chandler: oh yes, God yes!
是的,上帝,拜托!
Bitter lady: Well, you're not gonna get one! Cause in life there are no intermissions, people.
你們不會休息的!因為現實生活是沒有中場休息的!
Bitter lady: Chapter 7, Divorce is a 4 letter word.
現在開始第七章:離婚是四個字!
Bitter lady: How could he leave me? !
他怎么可以離開我呢?
Chandler: I ... I don't know ... you seem lovely.
我不知道,你看起來挺可愛的。
Joey: Hey, Ross, this is one of my co-stars, Dirk. Dirk, this is my good friend Ross.
羅斯,這是我同事登克。登克,這是我好朋友羅斯。
Ross: Oh, cice to meet you.
很高興認識你。
Dirk: Hey! So what show are you on?
嘿!你是哪出戲的呢?
Ross: Oh, I'm no an actor, I'm a professor of palaeontology.
我不是演員,我是古生物學教授。
Joey: The science.
科學的東西。
Dirk: Oh! Hey, well listen, I play a scientist on "Days".
嘿,聽著,我在 《我們的日子》里面演的是科學家。
Dirk: And my character has just won a Nobel prize.
我的角色剛剛贏得諾貝爾獎。
Joey: Hey Ross, listen, Dirk was wondering about the woman that you brought and if you guys were together, or ...
羅斯,登克想問你帶來的那個女生是不是你的女朋友,或是想要……
Ross: Oh, well, no, but I mean, she-she only goes out with really, really smart guys.
嗯,不是,不過……她只跟非常、非常聰明的男生交往。
Dirk: Hey, I got a 690 on my SATs.
嘿,我大學聯考考了六百九十分。
Ross: I'd lead with that.
真是高分啊。
Monica: That's it, just sign right on the bra.
好了,就簽在胸罩上面就可以了。
Joey: Monica!
莫妮卡!
Monica: Don't worry Joe, I-I won't come next year!
別擔心 喬伊,我明年不會來了!
Joey: What you got there?
你那是什么呢?
Rachel: Well, just some boys gave me their phone numbers.
只是一些男生給我的電話。
Joey: Ah, let me, let me see! Damn, that's a lot of guys! Are you a little slutty?
真的嗎?讓我看看!該死,還真多男生呢!你是不是有點風騷呢?
Rachel: I think I am.
沒錯。
Joey: Let me see if I approve any of these clowns. This guy wears a rug.
讓我看看有哪些小丑是夠格的。這個男的戴假發。
Rachel: Well ...
喔……
Joey: This guy's Canadian.
這個男的是加拿大人。
Joey: And this guy is in a cult, ok, and it costs you $5,000 to get to level three and I don't feel any different.
這個男的參加秘密教派,你得花五千塊才能升到第三級,但我也沒有感到有什么不同。
Joey: Pass, pass, oh pass, pass ...
跳過,哈……喔,跳過,跳過……
Rachel: Why, why, what's wrong with these guys?
為什么?這些男生有什么不好的?
Joey: Well, nothing major, it's just that, you know, they're not really good enough for you, and you deserve the best.
嗯,沒有什么特別不好的,只是他們全都配不上你,而你應該跟最好的人在一起。
Rachel: Joey, you're so sweet.
喬伊,你真是貼心。
Joey: It's true. But you know what, it doesn't matter because I already know who you're gonna go home with tonight.
那倒是。不過沒關系,我已經知道你會跟誰回家了。
Rachel: Who?
誰?
Joey: Me.
我。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Rachel: Really?
真的?
Joey: Yeah, because we live together, it's a joke!
是啊,因為我們住在一起,開玩笑的!
Rachel: Oh, Very funny ... Really. I got it.
是啊,真好笑!我聽懂了。
Joey: Got you!
唬到你了!
Rachel: You're funny, Joey. Oh, my God.
你真好笑,喬伊。喔,我的天。
Chandler: So, how did you enjoy the play?
喜歡那場舞臺劇表演嗎?
Monica: Oh, my God, honey, I'm so so so so so so sorry.
我的天,親愛的,我真是抱歉。
Chandler: Well you should be.
沒錯。
Chandler: You missed the most powerful three hours in the history of the theater.
你錯失了戲劇史上最強勁的三個小時。
Monica: You really liked it?
你真的喜歡嗎?
Chandler: Oh yeah! I mean at first I hated it, but why wouldn't I, because as a man I've been trained not to listen!
對,一開始我是很討厭的,我一定會的啊,因為身為男人,我就是被訓練成不要聆聽的!
Chandler: But after chapter 16, "fat, single and ready to mingle",
但是在第十六章之后,《肥胖、單身而且準備好要亂搞》。
Chandler: I was uplifted.
我就被鼓舞起來了。
Monica: Oh really?
真的嗎?
Chandler: Oh, yeah, I had no idea the amazing journey you go through as a woman! Tell me, tell me about your first period!
是的,我根本不曉得女人的經歷過程是這樣的神奇,告訴我,跟我說你的第一次生理期!
Monica: No!
不!
Chandler: Did somebody sign your bra?
有人在你的胸罩上簽名嗎?
Monica: So I got it when I was 13. Very difficult.
我是十三歲時候來的。非常難過。
Phoebe: Hey Ross! So, listen, about you and-and the dinosaur girl, are you really just gonna let a couple of Nobel prizes scare you off? What is that, come on, a piece of paper?
嘿羅斯!聽著,關于你跟那個恐龍女生的事,你真的就要讓幾個諾貝爾獎把你嚇走嗎?那是怎樣?不過是幾張論文不是嗎?
Ross: It's actually a million dollar prize.
事實上是一百萬的獎金。
Phoebe: Go Charlie!
查莉你真行!
Phoebe: But my point is, ok so she dated them but she also broke up with them.
但是我的重點是……她是跟他們交往過,不過都分手了啊。
Phoebe: Maybe she's looking to, you know, slum it with some average Joe PhD.
或許她正在尋找一般平凡的博士而已。
Ross: Yeah, maybe. And I do have my whole career in front of me. I mean, I-I could still win a Nobel prize.
或許吧,而我的事業正在發展中。我是說……我還是有可能贏得諾貝爾獎的。
Ross: Although, the last two papers I-I've written were widely discredited.
雖然我最近的兩份論文被廣泛地批評過。
Phoebe: You're so much more than just brains! You're sweet, and kind, and funny ...
你不只是聰明而已,你很貼心、很仁慈又很風趣……
Ross: And sexy.
還有性感。
Phoebe: Ok well give her a chance to see all of that!
好的,給她一個機會見識這全部!
Ross: Yeah, yeah, you're right, thanks Pheebs, I'm gonna go find her.
對,你說的沒錯,謝謝,我要去找她了。
Phoebe: Good for you! Hey, and I thought your paper on punctuated equilibrium in the Devonian era was top-notch!
太好了!還有你關于泥盆紀時期突顯均勢的論文,是有很精辟見解的!
Ross: Stop going through my stuff!
不要再翻我的東西了!
Rachel: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: I just wanted to let you know, I've changed my mind: I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna kiss Joey.
我只想讓你知道,我改變主意了:我要做了,我要去親喬伊。
Monica: No, you can't! Friends hooking up is a bad idea.
不!你不行!朋友在一起是件壞事。
Rachel: Please, what about you and Chandler?
拜托!那你跟錢德呢?
Monica: That's different! I was drunk and stupid!
那是不一樣的!我喝醉了而且很蠢!
Rachel: Well hello!
拜托!
Monica: What about all the guys that you got the phone numbers from? Why don't you just kiss one of them?
那些給你電話的男生呢?你為什么不去親其中一個?
Rachel: I could, I could, but I don't want to! I wanna kiss Joey!
我是可以……但是我不想,我想要親喬伊!
Monica: Alright. I think it's a big mistake but it's your decision.
好吧,我認為這樣是不對的,但那是你自己的決定。
Rachel: I'm gonna do it.
我要去做了。
Monica: And I can't stop you.
而我無法阻止你嗎?
Rachel: No.
對。
Monica: Oh, can I at least have the phone numbers!
那至少把那些電話號碼給我吧!
Ross: Hey Rach, have you seen Charlie anywhere?
瑞秋,你有看到查莉嗎?
Ross: I'm smarter than him!
我比他聰明多了!
Phoebe: Hey, thank you so much for these tickets, Chandler.
謝謝你送我們票,錢德。
Chandler: Oh well, this was a really important experience for me, and I wanted to share it with you.
這對我是很重要的經歷,而我想跟你們分享。
Monica: Oh, you're so wonderful.
你真是好人。
Bitter woman: Why don't you like me!
你為什么不喜歡我?
Bitter woman: Chapter one my first period.
第一章 我的第一次生理期。
Chandler: Can't believe you guys bought that, enjoy your slow death.
真不敢相信你們相信我,好好享受你們的慢性死亡吧!