Ross: Where did I go wrong? This is good stuff.
我是哪里做錯了?這是很好的東西啊。
Joey: Hello?
嗨?
Ross: Joey! Hey, I need to talk to Charlie. Is she there?
喬伊!我要跟查莉講話,她在嗎?
Joey: No. She erh she went shopping with Rachel. Why? What's up?
不在,她跟瑞秋去逛街了。為什么?怎么了?
Ross: Oh, I'm meeting with professor Sherman about my being the keynote speaker.
我正在跟薛曼教授討論關于我當主講人的事。
Joey: Oh!
哦!
Joey: How's it going?
進行的如何呢?
Ross: It could be better!
可以更順利的!
Ross: He, uh ... he fell asleep!
他睡著了!
Joey: What? ! But I already bought my ticket to Bermuda!
什么?但是我已經訂了到百慕達的機票了!
Ross: Barbados.
是巴貝多。
Joey: Fine, I'll rent a car and drive!
好啦,我再租車開過去!
Joey: Ross, you have to get that job!
羅斯,你一定要得到這工作!
Ross: What am I supposed to do? He's out cold!
我應該怎么辦呢?他完全睡著了!
Ross: In fact, he-he was just talking in his sleep before. And evidently he wants someone named Fran to spank him harder.
事實上,剛剛他還在說夢話。而且他還要一個叫法蘭的人 “再打用力點”。
Joey: Well, just wake him up!
那叫醒他吧!
Ross: I can't! If he realizes that I'm the one who put him to sleep, I won't get the job!
我不行!如果他發現我是讓他睡著的人,我就得不到這個工作了!
Joey: Oh! That's a tough one.
哦嗚!那倒是挺難的。
Joey: Oh! Wait a minute, this happened to me before!
喔!等等,這以前也發生在我身上過!
Joey: Yeah, I was auditioning for a play, and the producer fell asleep and ... no, wait a minute ... it was me who fell asleep ... hey, Shakespeare, how about a chase scene once in a while? !
是啊,我之前在試演一出戲劇的時候,那個制作人睡著了,我……不,等等……其實是我睡著了……我是說,莎士比亞,來點動作場面吧?
Monica: Hey guys! Dinner's ready!
嘿,晚餐好了!
Zack: Oh! I'm gonna go wash up first.
噢!我先去洗手。
Zack: Thanks.
謝了。
Chandler: So what do you think? I want that guys genes for my kid! Those eyes, those cheekbones!
你覺得呢?我要我的孩子有他的基因,那雙眼睛,那顴骨!
Monica: Ok, there's enthusiastic and there's just plain gay!
好了,可能是過度狂熱也有可能是同性戀!
Chandler: You don't like him.
你不喜歡他。
Monica: I think he is fine! It's just that we don't know anything real about him ... we should maybe get more information.
我想他不錯!但是我們對他了解不夠。我希望我們可以知道多一點。
Chandler: Alright! Just follow my lead!
好的!跟著我的話鋒轉!
Zack: You guys have such a great place here.
你們家真是好棒。
Chandler: Oh! Thanks, I'm crazy about our place.
謝謝,我很喜歡這地方。
Chandler: Hey! speaking of crazy ... do you have a history of mental illness in the family?
嘿,說到瘋狂……你們家有遺傳性精神疾病嗎?
Zack: Uhm ... no. Although I did have an uncle who voted for Dukakis.
額……沒有,但是我是有個叔叔投票給杜凱吉斯。
Chandler: That's really not the kind of thing we are looking for Zack.
那真的不是我們所希望看到的。
Zack: Okaaay ... so eh ... so tell me, how'd you guys meet.
好的……告訴我,你們是怎么認識的呢?
Monica: Oh, friends first, drunk in London, you know the story.
剛開始是朋友,在倫敦喝醉,你知道的。
Monica: I've got a better question for you: Do you or any of your blood relatives have diabetes?
我有個更棒的問題要問你,你或是你的血親有人有糖尿病嗎?
Zack: No.
沒有。
Monica: Eh ... Heart Disease, Alzheimer disease, gout?
心臟病?阿茲海默癥?痛風?
Zack: You guys don't have people for dinner a lot, huh?
你們不常請朋友到家里用餐,是嗎?
Monica: We're just making conversation.
我們只是在找話題聊聊。
Zack: Yeah, well, ok. I heard a joke today. It's pretty funny ...
好吧,我今天聽到一個笑話,真的是挺好笑的……
Chandler: You know what's not funny? Male Pattern Baldness.
你知道有什么是不好笑的嗎?雄性禿頭。
Zack: All right listen, you guys have shown a lot of interest in me tonight and I'm flattered and ... and quite frankly a little frightened.
你們今晚對我很有興趣,我很受寵若驚而且老實說,是有點受驚。
Zack: Can we just talk about something else?
我們可以聊聊別的話題嗎?
Monica and Chandler: Sure! Alright.
當然!好的。
Zack: Ravioli is delicious!
這個意大利水餃真是美味!
Chandler: I noticed you were enjoying that Ravioli with a beautiful set of teeth.
我發現你享用那水餃的牙齒真是整齊。
Chandler: Did you have braces as a child?
你小時候有戴牙套嗎?
Zack: No I didn't.
不,沒有。
Monica: Yes!
太好了!
Chandler: We're teeth people Zack!
我們很重視牙齒的,柴克!
Rachel: Alright! Let's just do it. Let's just go over there and to see if she heard.
好吧!我們上吧。我們過去問她有沒有聽到。
Phoebe: Good plan.
好主意。
Rachel: Ok. Wha ... ? where? Where're you going?
好的。什么?你是在做什么呢?
Phoebe: Oh! I'm sorry Rachel, I don't have time for your childish games, ok?
對不起,瑞秋。我沒有時間玩你的幼稚游戲,好嗎?
Phoebe: I still have to go find something incredible to wear so I can beat Mike at "who's more over who"!
我還得要找到很驚艷的衣服穿,那我才可以在“誰先忘了誰”上打敗麥克!
Rachel: Hey, hi! Hey, where've you been?
嘿,嗨!嘿,你去哪里了?
Charlie: Oh! trying on clothes.
喔!去試穿衣服。
Rachel: Oh! Wi ... in the dres ... in the dressing room? !
喔!真的嗎?在試衣間嗎?
Rachel: Well, that's so weird! Phoebe and I were just trying on clothes in the dressing room. Gosh it's just such a small world!
喔,真奇怪。菲比跟我剛剛也在試衣間。天啊,這世界真是小!
Charlie: Rachel ... I heard you two guys whispering.
瑞秋,我聽到你們倆的對話了。
Rachel: Oh God. You did. You heard. Ok, listen, let me explain.
天啊,你聽到了。好的,聽著,讓我解釋。
Charlie: No! There's nothing to explain. I heard you.
不!沒有必要解釋,我都聽到了。
Charlie: Phoebe likes Joey.
菲比喜歡喬伊。
Rachel: Yeah.
是啊。
Charlie: I just ... I don't understand it. I mean, Phoebe likes Joey and she comes here to buy a dress to impress another guy?
我不明白,我是說菲比喜歡喬伊,可是她卻來買衣服來驚艷另一個男人?
Rachel: Yeah! Yeah! That's Phoebe. That's Phoebe.
是啊,菲比就是那樣,她就是那樣。
Rachel: You know, she just wants them all! It's like she's a nympho!
你知道的,她就是全部都要!那就像是女色情狂!
Charlie: Wow!
哇!
Rachel: Yeah ...
是啊……
Charlie: You know, by the way. I heard you tell her not to do anything.
對了,我有聽到你告訴她不可以做任何事。
Charlie: Thanks for sticking up for me. And you are such a nice person.
謝謝你替我說話。天啊,你真是個好人。
Rachel: I try ...
我盡量……
Ross: Oh my God! You really want me to be the keynote speaker?
我的天啊!你真的要我當主講人嗎?
Ross: Thank you!
謝謝你!
Prof. Sherman: You're welcome.
不用客氣。
Joey: Wow! You look ... stop-eating hot!
哇!你看起來……真是辣得讓人不想吃東西!
Joey: Which is like the highest level of hotness!
這是最高階段的辣耶!
Phoebe: Ok. Are you sure? Cause I'm really dreading going to this party.
你確定嗎?因為我真的很不想去這派對。
Joey: Then don't go!
那就別去啊!
Phoebe: Mike knows I'm coming, and if I don't show up he'll think it's cause of him!
麥克知道我要去,如果我沒出現,他會以為那是因為他!
Phoebe: And then I will lose face! That's a very serious thing in my culture.
我那樣就會很沒面子!這對我來說是很嚴重的事。
Joey: Alright, then you go to that party and you-you pretend to be over Mike.
好吧,那就去派對吧,然后假裝已經完全不受麥克影響。
Joey: And afterward you come to my place and I'll get you good and drunk!
之后你再來我家,我再幫你好好借酒解愁!
Phoebe: You got it! Ok.
沒問題!好的。
Phoebe: But-but not on the wine that you made, ok?
但是不要喝你自己釀的酒,好嗎?
Phoebe: Cause, I just don't wanna go back to the Emergency Room.
因為我不想要再進急診室了。
David: I'm sorry, I-I don't, I don't seem to have quite enough cash.
我很抱歉,我沒有足夠的現金。
David: Um, you wouldn't accept rubles, would you? This is a hundred thousand ruble note, which is worth, approximately, nothing.
額,你可以接受盧布嗎?這是張面額十萬的盧布,大約的價值是……零。
Phoebe: David?
大衛?
David: Phoebe! Hi!
菲比!嗨!
Phoebe: Oh my God!
喔,我的天!
David: Hi. Wow, you-you look unbelievable.
嗨。哇!你看起來真是漂亮極了。
Phoebe: Oh yeah, well.
喔,是啊,嗯.
Phoebe: What-what're you doing here?
你在這里做什么呢?
David: Well, I'm-I'm back from Minsk ... uh, permanently.
我從明斯克回來了,永久地。
Phoebe: What-what happened?
發生什么事呢?
David: Well, remember how I was trying to achieve the positronic distillation of subatomic particles?
記得我正在嘗試制造……次原子陽電子凈化嗎?
Phoebe: Yeah?
是啊?
David: Well, after eight years of research I discovered, that it-it can't be done.
在經過八年的研究之后,我發現……那是做不到的。
Phoebe: Wow, I'm sorry.
很抱歉。
David:It's all right. This kind of thing happens all the time in science. To people who base 8 years of research on a typo in a scientific journal.
沒關系。這種事在科學界常發生,尤其是因為科學期刊上一個誤刊而用八年時間研究的人來說。
Phoebe: Well, great that you're back! How are you?
嗯……你終于回來了真是好!你好嗎?
David: Good, good, life is good.
很好,過的還不錯。
Phoebe: Good!
很好!
David: Ah well, I'm-I'm, I'm uh, I'm seeing someone.
我現在有交往的對象了。
Phoebe: Oh, good-good for you.
這樣啊,恭喜你了。
David: Yeah.
是啊。
David: She-she's also a scientist, so she's very smart and-and pretty and ... well, it's actually because of you, really, that we're together, I-I mean, I saw what you had with that Mike guy, and I just said "Boy, I want that".
她也是科學家,很聰明也很漂亮,而且事實上是因為你,我們才在一起的,我是說,我看到你跟那個麥克在一起,然后我告訴自己 “天啊,我也想要那樣”。
Phoebe: Mike and I broke up.
麥克跟我分手了。
David: You're kidding me.
你在開玩笑吧。
David: Because I'm-I'm-I'm not seeing anybody, I just totally made that up.
因為我沒有在跟誰交往,我完全是編出來的。
Phoebe: Really?
真的嗎?
David: Yeah, I-I don't know why, I'm sorry, I guess I just didn't wanna lose face.
是的,我不知道為什么,我很抱歉我猜我只是不想沒面子。
Phoebe: I understand.
我能了解。
Phoebe: Yeah. Ok. So, then, ok, so we're both living in New York, not seeing anyone. That's so not like us.
是啊,好的,那……我們都住在紐約,沒有交往對象。這太不像我們了。
David: Yeah, I know. Well ... well this is probably a stupid question, seeing that you look like that, but, do you have some place that you need to be right now?
是啊,我知道。嗯,這或許是個蠢問題,看到你穿這樣,但是你現在有要去什么地方嗎?
Phoebe: Well ... no.
嗯……沒有。
David: Do you wanna get a drink?
那你想不想去喝點東西呢?
Phoebe: I'd love to.
我很想。
David: Great.
太棒了。
Phoebe: Ok.
好的。
David: Do-do you smell beets?
你有聞到甜菜味嗎?
Phoebe: Oh, all right, stay upwind of me.
好吧,站到我的逆風邊。
Charlie: Hey, there's Phoebe! Is that Mike she's with?
嘿,那是菲比!那是麥克嗎?
Rachel: No, that's David.
不是,那是大衛。
Charlie: There's a third guy?
還有第三個男人?
Rachel: Tip of the iceberg.
只是冰山的一角。
Zack: I'm gonna take off now. You're gonna let me go home, aren't you?
我現在要走了。你們會讓我回家嗎?
Chandler: You sure you don't wanna stick around a little longer?
你確定不要再多坐一下嗎?
Zack: No, no, I should get home, I'm kinda tired.
不了,我應該要回家了,我有點累。
Chandler: Are you just tired now, or are you always tired, 'cause that could be a sign of clinical depression.
你很容易累嗎?因為這很有可能是憂郁癥的前兆。
Zack: No it's just tiring having to figure out the age at which all my grandparents died.
不,只是要想出我祖父母是幾歲過世的讓我很累。
Zack: I'll see you tomorrow.
明天見。
Chandler: Ok.
好的。
Monica: Bye.
再見。
Chandler: I think we've found our sperm!
我想我們找到我們的精子了!
Monica: Does seem pretty perfect.
他看起來是挺完美的。
Chandler: Yeah, you think so, well? Should I ask him?
是啊,你也這么認為嗎?我要開口問他嗎?
Monica: No.
不要。
Chandler: Why not, just because his great-grandmother was obese, our kids are gonna get that from you anyway!
為什么呢?就只因為他曾祖母有肥胖癥嗎?反正我們的孩子也是會從你那遺傳到!
Monica: No, that's not it.
不,不是那個緣故。
Monica: It's just that when we were asking him all those questions before, I just ... I just realized I don't care if he's the most perfect guy in the world ... he's not you.
只是在我們問他那些問題時……我認識到我不在乎,他是不是世上最完美的男人……他不是你。
Chandler: Yeah, he's better!
是啊,他比我更好!
Monica: No, he's not.
不,他不是。
Monica: And if I can't get pregnant with you, then I don't wanna get pregnant by ... him or anyone else.
如果我不能跟你懷孕,我也不想跟他……或是跟任何人。
Chandler: Really? Are you sure?
真的?你確定嗎?
Monica: Yeah, I'm sure.
是的,我確定。
Chandler: Thank God, because I don't wanna do this either.
感謝上帝,因為我也不想這樣做。
Chandler: You know, I was just doing because I thought that was what you wanted to do. You know, I'm the husband, I'm supposed to ... bring the sperm.
我會這樣做,是因為我以為你想這樣。我是丈夫,我理當要提供精子的。
Monica: That is so sweet.
這實在是很體貼。
Monica: I love you.
我愛你。
Chandler: So you know this leaves us with ...
所以你知道我們唯一的選擇就是……
Monica: Adoption.
領養。
Chandler: How do you feel about that?
你覺得如何呢?
Monica: I think I feel ok about it. Actually I-I think I feel really good about it.
我想我沒問題。事實上我覺得非常的好。
Chandler: Me too. I wanna find a baby that needs a home and I wanna raise it with you.
我也是……我想找到一個需要家庭溫暖的小孩,然后跟你一起撫養他。
Chandler: An-And I wanna mess it up in our own specific way.
然后我想用我們自己的方式來亂養他。
Monica: So, th-this is it, we're, we're really gonna adopt?
這就是決定嗎?我們真的要領養?
Chandler: Yeah.
是的。
Monica: Oh my God, we're gonna be parents!
我的天!我們要當父母親了!
Chandler: We are gonna be great parents.
我們會是很棒的父母。
Monica: And it could be soon.
而且可能會很快。
Monica: I mean, think about it: right now, somewhere out there, our baby could be being conceived.
我是說,想想看,就是現在,在外面某個地方,我們的孩子可能正被受孕。
Chandler: Wait, if we're lucky, and we're really really really quiet, we may be able to hear the sound of a condom breaking!
等等,如果我們夠幸運,而且我們真的、真的、真的很安靜……我們或許可以聽到保險套破裂的聲音!
Chandler: Hey, Zack!
嘿,柴克!
Zack: Hey, Chandler.
嘿,錢德。
Chandler: Look, I just wanted to apologize for last night. I got the feeling we made you a little uncomfortable.
我想為昨晚的事道歉,我感到我們讓你很不舒服。
Zack: No, you didn't.
不,并沒有。
Chandler: Really?
真的嗎?
Zack: No you did.
沒錯,你們是有。
Chandler: Yeah well. My wife and I have some boundary issues, you know, we sometimes, we ask inappropriate questions. We're working on it.
好吧,我老婆跟我越界了,有時候我們會問些很不適當的問題,我們正在改進中。
Jeanette: Here're the boards for Friday's pitch.
這些是星期五推銷會的看板。
Zack: Oh, thank you.
謝謝。
Chandler: You wouldn't know if Jeanette's planning on keeping her baby, would you?
你知不知道Jeanette是否計劃保留她的小寶寶?