Oysters! Let me feed you one. No, that's not necessary.
生蠔!讓我來喂你。 你不必那么做。
Please. No, actually I don't, I don't eat...
拜托。 事實上,我不吃……
I won't quit until you try one. Okay, fine, fine.
你不吃的話我絕不罷休。 好吧。
What're they like? I've never had one.
是什么味道?我從來沒吃過。
Why don't you just try one. No, they look too weird.
那就嘗嘗看。 不,看起來太奇怪了。
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
Just going over my toast. Uh, those two will never know what hit 'em. I can't wait. They're gonna be crying so hard. They're gonna be fighting for breath.
準備致辭。他們倆絕對想不到我會說什么。我等不及了,他們會痛哭流涕以至于喘不過氣來。
You know if you want to, I can just hold them down and you could.
如果你需要的話,我可以按住他們……
And my my veil was lace, made by blind Belgian nuns.
讓你我戴著由比利時盲人修女織成的蕾絲婚紗。
Blind?
盲人?
Well, not at first, but it was very intricate work and they said even though they lost their sight, it was all worth it.
她們本來沒瞎,但這份工作非常傷眼力。她們說雖然眼睛瞎了,但還是很值得的。
I bet you looked beautiful.
我敢說你看起來很漂亮。
Oh well, I I don't know about that. But there were some people that said I looked like a floating angel.
我不知道。但有些賓客說我看起來像漂浮的天使。
How did you propose?
你是怎么求的婚?
Oh, yeah, that's a great story.
對,那個故事很精彩。
Well, um, actually, I I took her to the planetarium. That's that's where we had our first date. Um, she walked in and I had the room filled with lilies, her favorite flower...
事實上,我帶她去了天文館。那是我們第一次約會的地方。她走進來,我在房間里鋪滿了她最喜歡的百合花。
That is so sweet! Shhh! I wanna hear the rest!
簡直太浪漫了! 我還想聽完呢!
Then, Fred Astaire singing uh The Way You Look Tonight came on the sound system, and the lights came down. And and I got down on one knee and written across the dome in the stars were the words "Will you marry me?"
音響系統里傳出弗萊德·艾斯塔的歌聲《你今晚的樣子》,此時燈光熄滅。我單腳跪地,圓頂從左至右用星星拼成一行字,"你愿意嫁給我嗎?"
And the ring was the size of my fist.
戒指有我的拳頭那么大。
Hey uh, Phoebe! Look umm, I wanna apologize about before, ok? We were being jerks. Parker's a nice guy and I'd like to get to know him.
菲比,聽著,我要對你道歉,我們太不厚道了。派克人很好,我想多了解他。
Then you better do it now.
那你最好快去找他。
Why? Because I'm gonna kill him.
為什么 因為我要殺了他。
What? What? You guys were right.
什么? 你們說得沒錯。
He's too excited about everything.
他對所有事都太熱衷了。
I mean I'm all for living life, but this is the Geller's 35th anniversary. Ok? Let's call a spade a spade this party stinks.
我也很喜歡生命,但這是蓋勒夫婦結婚35周年派對。我們摸著良心說話,這個派對爛透了。
I know. I'm having the worst time.
就是,我簡直無聊到了極點。
I know. I'm having the worst time. There there was a 15 minute line for the buffet, and when I finally got up to the plates, I slipped on a giant booger!
那邊取自助餐要排15分鐘的隊,等我好不容易拿到盤子結果踩到一大坨鼻涕滑倒了。
Are you sure it wasn't an oyster?
你確定那不是生蠔嗎?
I guess it could've been, I didn't really look at it. You know, I just wiped it on Chandler's coat and got the hell out of there.
有可能,我沒看。我把它抹在錢德勒的外套上,拔腿就溜。
He's just such a great guy, I'm so excited about him.
我還以為他是個好人,我對他真的很期待。
Oh hey, you know, you should be excited about him. There's nothing wrong with him, he he's a good guy.
嘿,你應該對他充滿期待。他沒有什么不對,他是個好人。
You think? Yeah, you know what I think?
真的嗎? 對,你知道嗎?
I think we were all just being too negative. You're right.
我們都太悲觀了。 你說得對。
You're right. He's just embracing life. We could all stand to be a little more like Parker.
他只是在擁抱生命而已。我們都應該向派克學習。
You know what? I'm like him! I'm a sunny, positive person!
你知道嗎?我就跟他一樣。我是個積極樂觀的人!
Actually, you have a little bit of an edge.
事實上,你現在稍微有點激動了。
What's that now?
你小子說什么?
Oh look it's Parker! Look, the Bunny Hop!
是派克! 看,兔子舞!
Oh, I love it! You do?
我喜歡! 是嗎?
Are you kidding? People acting like animals to music? Come on!
開什么玩笑?跟著音樂學動物跳舞,來吧!
Ok it's time for the toast! Umm, I I know that normally Ross gives the toast, but this year I'm gonna do it.
好吧,該致詞了。我知道往年一向都是由羅斯來致詞,但今年由我來。
No no, it it it's gonna be great. Really! Um, ok.
別這樣,內容會很精彩。好的。
Mom, Dad, when I got married one of the things that made me sure that I could do it was the amazing example the two of you set for me.
媽,爸,我結婚時,令我對婚姻充滿信心的原因之一就是你們這對模范夫妻為我做出的表率。
For that, and for so many other things, I wanna say thank you.
為了那一點及其他種種,我要感謝你們。
I know I probably don't say it enough, but...I love you.
這句話我或許不常說,但……我愛你們。
When I look around this room, I'm saddened by the thought of those who could not be with us.
我環顧四周,想起那些無法出席的人,便心生悲傷。
Nana, my beloved grandmother, who would so want to be here. But she can't because she's dead.
我親愛的外婆她肯定很想來。但她來不了,因為她死了。
As is our dog, Chi Chi. I mean, look how cute she is...was.
我們的狗琪琪也是一樣。你們看它多可愛……那是以前的事了。
Do me a favor, pass this to my parents. Remember she's dead, okay? Her and Nana, gone.
幫我個忙,請把這個傳給我爸媽。記住它死了,好嗎?它和奶奶都不在了。
Hey, does anybody remember when Debra Winger had to say goodbye to her children in Terms of Endearment?
還有誰記得,黛博拉·威格在《親蜜關系》中不得不跟她的孩子們說再見的樣子?
Didn't see that? No movie fans? ! You want to hear something sad?
你們沒看過嗎?沒有人愛看電影嗎?你們想聽些悲傷的故事嗎?
The other day, I was watching 60 Minutes and there was this piece on these orphans in Romania who have been so neglected that they are incapable of love.
有一天,我在《60分鐘》看到羅馬尼亞孤兒院的報導。他們遭到拋棄,無法再愛。
You people are made of stone! Here's to Mom and Dad. Whatever!
你們都是鐵血心腸!敬爸媽。隨便啦!
Thank you, Monica. That was interesting. Wasn't it interesting, Jack?
謝謝莫妮卡,那段致辭很有意思。很有意思吧,杰克?
Why don't I remember this dog?
為什么我不記得這只狗了?
Ross? Why don't you give us your toast now?
羅斯,你為什么不為我們致詞呢?
Oh, no, Mom. It's just Monica this year.
不,媽,今年只有莫妮卡致辭。
You're not gonna say anything? On our 35th wedding anniversary?
在我們35周年的派對上你都不打算致詞嗎?
No, of course. Everybody?
當然不是。各位?
I I just wanted to say...uh, on behalf of my new bride, Rachel, and myself. Umm, that if...if in 35 years, we're half as happy as you guys are, we'll count ourselves the luckiest people in the world.
我只想說,代表我的新婚妻子瑞秋,還有我自己,如果我們結婚35年后有你們一半幸福,我們會覺得自己是全世界最幸運的人。
Oh, Ross.
羅斯。
I just wish Nana were alive to hear Ross's toast.
希望外婆還活著聽到羅斯的致詞。
My God, what a fantastically well lit hallway.
天啊,這個走廊的燈光真漂亮。
Can I get you something to drink, like a water and Valium?
你要喝點東西嗎,譬如水跟鎮靜劑?
I must say you know this apartment, it's, it's, there are no words.
我得說這間公寓……我不知道該怎么形容。
Thank God. It's a haven. A third floor paradise, a modern Eden in the midst.
謝天謝地。 宛如天堂。位于三樓的天堂,中間的是現代伊甸國。
Yeah? I know! I know! Uh huh? I got you, ah, yeah.
我知道,我了解。
Listen, let's, uh, why don't we just um, sit and relax? You know just be with each other. Quietly.
聽著,我們坐下來放松一下吧,安靜地彼此依偎。
That sounds great.
聽起來不錯。
My god. This is the most comfortable couch I've ever sat on in my entire life.
天啊,這是我這輩子坐過最舒服的沙發。
All right. Let's let's try something else, let's play a game.
我們試點別的 我們玩個游戲吧。
I love games. Shocking.
我喜歡玩游戲。 不是吧。
Let's play the game of who can stay quiet the longest.
我們來玩,誰能最久不說話的游戲。
Or Jenga.
或是玩層層疊。
Let's let's play this one first. And remember, whoever talks first, loses!
我們先玩沉默游戲,記住先說話的人就輸了。
I lose, now Jenga. Oh my God! Oh my God!
我輸了,現在來玩層層疊。 我的天啊。
Is something wrong?
哪里不對勁嗎?
Wrong? Really? You know the word wrong. Everything isn't perfect? Everything isn't magical?
你還知道什么是"不對勁"嗎?難道一切不是美好又神奇嗎?
Everything isn't a glow with the light of a million fairies? They were just brake lights, Parker!
難道一切不是閃耀又璀璨嗎?那只是剎車燈而已,派克!
Well, excuse me for putting a good spin on a traffic jam!
對不起,我把塞車形容得如此美好。
You don't have to put a good spin on everything!
你不必對所有事物都做美化
I'm sorry. That's who I am. I'm a positive person.
抱歉,我就是這樣一個樂觀的人。
No, I'm a positive person. You are like Santa Claus on Prozac. At Disneyland, getting laid!
不,我才是個樂觀的人。你像是吃了抗憂郁藥的圣誕老人。在迪士尼樂園享受性愛!
So what do you want me to do? You want me to be more negative? You want me to be less happy?
那你想要我怎樣?更悲觀一些嗎?壓抑心中的快樂嗎?
Much less happy.
使勁壓抑。
Fine. Well, then to quote Ross, "I better be going."
好吧,那引用羅斯的話,"我最好走了"。
So long! Hey! Don't let the best door in the world hit you in the ass on your way out!
再見!你出去的時候,別讓"全世界最棒的門"打到屁股了。
Isn't this the most incredible fight you've had in your entire life?
這是你一輩子吵過最不可思議的一架吧?
And then we could've gone from the ceremony to the reception with you in the sidecar.
你坐在邊車里,我們從婚禮現場走到婚宴廳。
Ross, it just wouldn't be feasible.
那樣行不通啊。
But having a dove place the ring on your finger would've been no problem?
鴿子叼著戒指戴到你手上就沒有問題。
It was fun being married to you tonight.
今晚跟你結婚感覺太棒了。
Yeah! And! And, it was the easiest 400 bucks I've ever made.
對,這四百塊真好賺。
Okay, Ross, can I ask you something? Yeah.
羅斯,我能問你一件事嗎? 好吧。
That proposal at the planetarium...
在天文館求婚……
I know, I know. It was stupid.
我知道,那太蠢了。
Are you kidding? ! With the, with the lilies, and and the song, and the stars! It was, it was...really wonderful! Did you just make that up?
開什么玩笑?有百合花、那首歌,還有星星?簡直妙不可言。你是隨便編的嗎?
Nah, actually I thought about it when, when we were going out. It's how I imagined I uh, I would ask you to marry me.
我們交往時,我想過要那么做。那就是我想象中跟你求婚的樣子。
Wow. Wow, that would've been, that would've been very hard to say no to.
要拒絕你一定很難。
Oh, it's a good thing I didn't do it, because it sounds like it would've been a very expensive wedding.
還好我沒有那么做,因為聽起來那會是個昂貴的婚禮。
Okay, good night. Good night.
好吧,晚安。 晚安。
Even if the sidecar had a windscreen so your hair wouldn't get messed up?
如果邊車有擋風玻璃,你的頭發不會被吹亂呢?
I will think about it. That's all I'm asking.
我會考慮的。 我已經滿足了。
Okay, that's it. I give up. At Mom and Dad's 40th anniversary, you're the one giving the speech.
好吧,夠了,我放棄。在爸媽的40周年派對上由你來致詞。
You know, I don't understand why they didn't cry. It was a beautiful speech.
我不明白他們為什么沒哭。你的致詞很感人。
Oh, come on. Hey! All that stuff you said about true love.
得了吧。 你提到有關真愛的事情。
You were right. I mean, we did learn a lot from Mom and Dad.
你說得對,我們從爸媽身上學到了很多。
And that picture of Chi Chi with her mischievous grin. And what you said about nana. Ohh, yeah she really would've wanted to be there.
琪琪在照片上調皮地笑著。還有外婆那一段,她真的會很想去參加。
And you know what? I think she was.
你知道嗎?我想她真的去了。
Oh, good God, Ross, how the hell do you do it?
天啊,羅斯,你是怎么辦到的?