Mike: Thank you guys for having us over.
謝謝你們準備了這一切。
Phoebe: Oh! Yeah, this is fun, couples night.
這是為可愛的夫妻準備的。
Chandler: Yeah, I don't know why we don't hang out with married couples more often.
我不知道為什么我們不多來幾次這樣的聚會。
Monica: Well, because every time we do, you make jokes about swinging and scare them away.
也許是因為每次我們吃飯你總是開玩笑要夫妻交換,把他們嚇跑了。
Chandler: You mean that Portuguese couple? Yeah, like you wouldn't have done it.
你是指那對葡萄牙夫婦?好像你沒這樣做過一樣。
Ross: Hey, you guys...I've great news.
嗨,大伙...我有個好消息。
Monica: Ross, we're kind of in the middle of diner here.
羅斯,我們似乎還在吃飯。
Ross: Oh, well, er, I already ate, but sure! Guess what happened at work today.
呃...我已經吃過了,不過...好吧!猜猜今天工作上發生了什么?
Chandler: A dinosaur died a million years ago?
一只恐龍在一百萬年前死了?
Ross: Uh, try sixty-five million years ago, and then try sshhh. My uh tenure review board met today and I hear it's looking really good.
應該是6千5百萬年前。請閉嘴。我的工作續約考察會議今天開了,我聽說進展得不錯。
Phoebe: Wow!
哇哦。
Ross: Yeah. Do you have any idea what this means in academic circles, uh? I am gonna get laid.
你知道這在學術圈子里意味著什么嗎,我可以留下來了。
Rachel: Hi, you guys.
嘿,大伙。
All: Hey.
嘿。
Rachel: Ooh, Italian!
哦,意大利菜!
Monica: No one, no one wanted seconds, right?
沒人,沒人想歇一下嗎?
Ross: No, no. I'm...I'm good.
不,不。我很好。
Rachel: Hey, you guys, you're never gonna believe it. This headhunter called me. I have a meeting tomorrow with Gucci. Gucci wants me.
嘿,你們一定不相信?獵頭給我打了電話說古奇(Gucci)要面試我。古奇要聘用我。
Ross: I'm up for tenure.
我可以續約了。
Rachel: Congratulations!
祝賀你。
Ross: You too! What're the odds?
你也是。真巧!
Joey: Guess what? I finally got that seed out of my teeth.
猜發生了什么?我終于把那個核從我的牙齒里弄出來了。
Monica: I don't know who I'm happiest for.
我真不知道我最該為誰感到高興?
Phoebe: I do, he's been working on that all day!
我知道,他一整天都在弄它!
Phoebe: Hey Mon? Was it weird changing your name to Geller-Bing?
嘿,莫妮卡,把你的名字改成蓋勒·賓奇怪嗎?
Monica: No, no. It felt nice to acknowledge this.
不,不。感覺這樣也挺好。
Phoebe: Where did you go to do it?
你在哪里辦的?
Monica: Uhm the uh, the...the ministry...of names...bureau.
呃...姓名...服務...事務...所。
Chandler: You never did it.
你沒有改!
Monica: I'm sorry. It's just the idea of, of being an official Bing!
我很抱歉。只是這個成為正式的賓的想法!
Chandler: Hey! I will have you know that...aah, who am I kidding. Let's call the kid Geller and let Bing die with me.
嘿!我得讓你知道...啊。我真是在開玩笑。就讓孩子叫蓋勒吧,讓賓隨著我到死。
Mike: Here you go.
給你。
Phoebe: Thanks! Honey, would you want me to take your name?
謝謝親愛的,你想要我隨你的名字嗎?
Mike: Oh, it's just...It's up to you. It's your name. You've got to live with it.
你決定吧。這是你的名字。你有特權。
Phoebe: All right, let's see, call me Mrs.Hannigan.
讓我想想。叫我漢尼根夫人。
Chandler: Mrs.Hannigan?
漢尼根夫人?
Phoebe: What? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something? Ooh, I like it.
什么?你沒看見我在忙嗎?我喜歡。
Joey: Hey guys.
嘿,大伙!
Chandler: Hey, Joe! We've got a couple of things we gotta check out at the new house. You wanna come with us?
嘿,喬!我們還有些事要做,我們要去看新房子。你想和我們一起去嗎?
Joey: No, thank you.
不,謝了。
Monica: All right. I know you're not happy about us moving, but you're the only one who hasn't seen the house.
好吧。我知道我們搬家你不高興,但你是唯一沒有看過我們新房子的人。
Chandler: Yeah, come with us. You'll see how close it is to the city.
是啊。和我們一起去吧。你會知道那離城很近。
Joey: But no, it's not close. You said it was in escrow? I couldn't even find it on the map.
不,才不近。你說它在“契約”里?我在地圖上都找不到那地方。
Chandler: No Joey, escrow is...there's money in...it's not the bank exactly...I don't know what it is.
不,喬伊,契約是...有錢在里面...而且...卻不是銀行...我不知道它是什么。
Monica: Joey, please come. It means so much to us.
喬伊,求你來吧。你對我們真的很重要。
Joey: You know what? You are my friends, I wanna be supportive, I will come with you. Shotgun!
知道嗎?你們是我的朋友,我會支持,我會和你們一起去的。決定了!
Chandler: Damn it.
太好了。
Monica: All right, see you guys later.
好,一會見。
Phoebe: Ok!
好。
Monica: I'll pick you up at eleven.
我們在11點接你。
Joey: Ok.
好。
Monica: So glad you're coming.
真高興你能來。
Joey: All right.
好。
Phoebe: Good for you. That was really mature.
真不錯。你夠成熟了。
Joey: What? No, the only reason I'm going to their stupid new house, is so I can point out everything that's wrong with it, so they don't move. I'm gonna make them stay here.
什么?不,我去那所破房子唯一的原因是,我能說出里面所有的缺點,讓他們不要住進去。我要他們留在這里。
Mike: You're a strange kind of grown-up.
你的成熟太奇怪了。
Phoebe: Joey, you can't make someone do something they don't wanna do. Believe me, there's something I've been trying to get Mike to do in bed and there's, he's just...
喬伊,你不能讓別人做他們不愿做的事。相信我,有些事我想讓麥克在床上做,但他....
Mike: Can we not talk about that now?
我們現在不談那個好嗎?
Phoebe: All right, prude. Look, Monica and Chandler really love this house. You are not gonna talk them into staying here.
好吧,假正經。聽著,莫妮卡和錢德真的很喜歡那所房子。你不應該說服他們住在這里。
Joey: Hey, hey...I can convince people to do anything, you know. I bet I can even get Mike to do that "thing". What is it?
嘿,我能說服人們做任何事情。我打賭我能讓麥克做那事。那是什么?
Joey: I am not gonna help you do that! Oh, my God.
我才不要幫你做那個!哦,我的天。
Rachel: Hi, I'm here to see Mr. Campbell, with Gucci. The reservation is probably under Gucci. It's...it's spelled like Gukki, which could be confusing.
嗨,我來見古奇的坎貝爾先生。這個位子也許就是在古奇名下預定的。拼起來像"拜火教徒"(Gukki),也許會弄錯!
Maitre d': Mr.Campbell's not here yet. Let me show you to his table.
坎貝爾先生現在還沒到。讓我把你帶到他的位子。
Rachel: Oh my God! That's my boss. You have to seat us somewhere else.
哦,我的天!那是我的老板。你必須把位子安排在別處。
Maitre d': I'm sorry. That's always Mr.Campbell's table.
我很抱歉。這一直是坎貝爾先生的桌子。
Rachel: But my, but my boss cannot see me. I'm interviewing for another job.
但我的老板不能在這看到我。我在面試另一個工作。
Maitre d': I know. With Gukki.
我知道,面試"拜火教徒"(Gukki).
Mr Zellner: Rachel?
瑞秋。
Rachel: Hi! I'm on a date.
嗨!我在約會。
Mr Zellner: That's great!
太好了。
Rachel: Yeah, it is. Yeah, you know, it's tough. Single mom, career. You gotta get out there.
是啊。這是艱苦的。單身母親,工作啊,你必須脫離苦海。
Mr Zellner: Well, you got uhm...good energy.
呃,你很有精力。
Rachel: Oh.
哦。
Mr Campbell: Rachel?
瑞秋?
Rachel: Yes, hi!
是的,嗨。
Mr Campbell: James Campbell.
詹姆斯·坎貝爾。
Rachel: Hi!
嗨!
Mr Campbell: Hi.
嗨!
Rachel: Excuse us.
借過。
Mr Campbell: Please.
請坐。
Rachel: Ok.
好。
Rachel: Oh, yeah...Oh he's cute! Thank you, JewHunks. com, huh?
哦,是啊...他很可愛。感謝,JewHunks.com(約會網站),是吧?
Mr Campbell: So...your résumé is quite impressive.
所以...你的簡歷令人印象深刻。
Rachel: Wha...My résumé? I wouldn't, I wouldn't call my...my online dating profile a résumé.
我的簡歷...我不會,我不會把我的私人約會文件稱做簡歷。
Mr Campbell: Dating profile? I-I-I'm talking about the work résumé.
約會簡歷?不,我是說...我是說工作簡歷。
Rachel: Whatever happened to just singing for no reason? Huh?
不論發生什么,就只是毫無理由得唱歌。是吧?
Mr Campbell: Maybe people...found it weird...So, why do you wanna leave Ralph Lauren?
也許別人...覺得奇怪...那么,你為什么想離開羅夫羅蘭?
Rachel: What? I-I don't.
什么?我,我沒有。
Mr Campbell: You don't?
你沒有?
Rachel: No, I-I-I love it there.
不。我喜歡那里。
Mr Campbell: Well, if you don't wanna leave, why are we having this lunch?
如果你不想離開,為什么我們在這里吃午飯呢?
Mr Campbell: What?
什么?
Mr Campbell: That's Hugo Boss?
那是Hugo Boss(著名品牌)?
Mr Zellner: Uh, I believe what she was trying to tell you is that I'm her boss.
我覺得她想告訴你的是我是她老板。
Mr Campbell: Mr. Boss. It is a pleasure to meet you.
鮑斯(音同老板)先生。見到你很高興。
Phoebe: Uh...This place is so depressing. If I'd to work here I'd kill myself. But you obviously haven't.
啊...這個地方太令人壓抑了。如果我在這里工作,我會自殺的。顯然你不會。
Clerk: How can I help you?
我能幫你嗎?
Phoebe: Uh, I need to change my name, please. See, I need to change it 'cause I'm...I'm hiding from the law. You're fun.
我想要改我的名字。我想改掉它...因為我在逃避法律的制裁。你很有趣。
Clerk: Please fill out this form.
請填一下這個表格。
Phoebe: Ok, well, I just don't, I don't know how it works exactly. See, my name is uh Buffay and my husband's name is Hannigan, so is it supposed to be Buffay-Hannigan or Hannigan-Buffay?
好,我只是不知道應該怎么做 看,我叫布菲我丈夫叫漢尼根。那么應該是布菲漢尼根,還是漢尼根布菲?
Clerk: It can be anything you want.
你想什么就是什么。
Phoebe: Well, not anything, I mean...
好吧,任何名字?
Clerk: Yeah...anything.
是...任何。
Phoebe: Oh, this could take a while.
哦,那需要花些時間。
Clerk: Get out of my line.
站到一邊去。
Phoebe: Ok.
好。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿。
Monica: Hey Pheebs.
嘿,菲比。
Phoebe: Oh, not anymore. I changed it today.
不再是了。我今天改了我的名字。
Monica: Oh, I'm sorry, Mrs.Hannigan.
抱歉。漢尼根夫人。
Phoebe: Wrong again! Apparently you can change it to anything you want. So I thought, all right, here's an opportunity to be creative. So meet Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.
又錯了。顯然你能改成任何你想要的名字。所以我想,好吧,這是發揮想像力的好機會。所以來見過康斯薇拉·巴娜娜·哈莫克(意為香蕉吊床)公主。
Chandler: That's what we're gonna name the baby.
那是我想給我們寶寶的名字。
Monica: Phoebe!
菲比。
Phoebe: Uh! Princess Consuela.
康斯薇拉公主。
Monica: You seriously changed your name to that?
你真的把你的名字改成那個了?
Phoebe: Uh-huh!
嗯哈。
Monica: Ok, so from now on we have to call you Princess Consuela?
好吧,從今往后我們得叫你康斯薇拉公主了。
Phoebe: Uhm, no. I'm...I'm gonna have my friends call me Valerie.
額,不。我想讓我的朋友叫我瓦萊麗(意為強壯的人).
Chandler: Hey, how'd the interview go?
嘿,面試如何?
Rachel: Oh! It's not good.
不妙。
Chandler: You know, I always feel that way after an interview. I'll bet it went better than you think.
你知道嗎,面試后我經常有這感覺。但我打賭肯定比你想得好。
Rachel: Well, I didn't get the job at Gucci and I got fired from Ralph Lauren.
哎,我沒有得到古奇的工作,還丟了羅夫羅蘭的工作。
Chandler: That is a bad interview.
那面試的確不好。
Phoebe: What're you, what're you talking about? How did this happen?
你在說什么呀?怎么會這樣?
Rachel: Well, my boss was at the same restaurant where I was having my interview and he heard everything. So later he calls me to his office and he tells me that he's gonna have to let me go, because I'm not a team player.And I said "Wait a minute! No, yes I am." and then I had to sit there for 45 minutes while he proved that that in fact...was true.
我老板在同一家餐廳,我在那里面試他聽見了一切。后來他把我叫到他的辦公室,告訴我他要解雇我因為我沒有團隊意識。然后我說“等等,我有團隊意識”然后我得在那里坐45分鐘而他證明了,事實是這樣的。
Monica: God. I'm so sorry.
哦,真抱歉。
Ross: Hey! Wha-hoo! Wh-what's this? Well it's a, it's a bottle of champagne. Why is this here?
嘿這,這是什么?是一瓶香檳!它為什么在這?
Phoebe: Ross...
羅斯...
Ross: I guess it's here...because I got tenure!
我想是...因為我得到了續約!
All: Congratulations!
恭喜你。
Ross: This is the single greatest day of my professional career. Gunther, six glasses!
這是我職業生涯中最偉大的一天。甘瑟,6個杯子。
Gunther: Six? You...you want me to join you?
6個?你要我也喝?
Ross: Oh, I thought Joey was here. Five is good. Well, I'm gonna have a loogie in my coffee tomorrow.
我以為喬伊也在這兒。5個好了。明天我要小心我咖啡里的粘稠物了。
Phoebe: Ok, I'll tell him.
好吧,我告訴他。
Rachel: No no, nobody tell him. This is a big night for him. I don't wanna spoil it.
不不,誰也別告訴他今晚對他很重要。我不想破壞它。
Monica: Are you sure?
你確定?
Rachel: Yeah, I'll be fine.
對,確定。
Ross: Ok, everybody, take one, ok?
好吧。大家都來一杯怎樣?
Chandler: Ooh! Israeli champagne. And it's vanilla!
以色列香檳(比較低檔)還是香草味的。
Ross: I got tenure. I didn't win the lottery. Hey Rach, so uh...how did your thing go?
我有了續約,但我沒有贏彩票。嘿,瑞秋,你的事怎么了?
Rachel: Oh it good! Yeah, but I'm not gonna hear from that for a couple of days.
挺好,但是要幾天以后再出結果。
Ross: Oh, you know what? You're gonna get it. I-I-I-I can feel it.
你知道嗎?你會得到工作的。我能感覺到。
Phoebe: Can ya?
你能嗎?
Rachel: Ah, all right. Here's to Ross!
好的,為了羅斯。
Ross: And-and two years of hard work finally paying off.
兩年的辛苦工作終于有了回報。
Phoebe: And to knowing that your career doesn't mean everything.
為了明白工作并不意味著什么。
Ross: But also knowing it means a lot.
也為了了解它意味著很多。
Monica: But more importantly to full well-rounded lives.
但是更為了多彩豐富的生活。
Ross: that center around work.
以工作為中心。
Chandler: To Ross!
為了羅斯。
All: Ross!
為了羅斯。
Ross: You know what the best part about this is? I can never be fired.
你知道最棒的是什么嗎?我永遠都不會失業。
Phoebe: Oh God!
哦,天啊。
Ross: No seriously. I have job security for life. You know, I mean I never have to worry. Oh. Oh, look at you. Look how happy you are for me.
不,正經得說。我有了終生工作保障。你知道,我是說我永遠都不會為它而擔心。看看你。看你多為我高興。
Rachel: No, it's not that. I got fired today. And I didn't get the other job.
不,不是那樣,我今天被辭退了。而且又沒有得到新的工作。
Ross: Rach, I'm so sorry.
瑞秋,很抱歉。
Rachel: Oh!
哦!
Ross: Great. I feel like an idiot.
好吧。我覺得自己像個白癡。
Rachel: No, it's ok, you didn't know.
不,沒什么。你不知道。
Ross: Oh...
噢...
Ross: Little heads-up would've been nice.
你們要是給我小小的警告應該會很好。