Monica: Hi. We're buying the house next door, and we were wondering if we could just take a look around.
嗨。我們有意買下旁邊的那座房子。允許我們參觀一下這里嗎?
Lady: Oh, sure. I'm showing it to someone else right now, but please, look around.
當然可以。我剛好帶人來參觀,你們進來吧。
Monica: Thanks.
謝謝。
Chandler: It feels like we're cheating on our house. And if we're gonna cheat, shouldn't it be with like a hot, younger house, that does stuff that our house won't do?
我感到這是對我們房子的不忠。你會為了另一座年輕漂亮的房子而對老房子不忠嗎?
Monica: Ours is so much better! This living room is smaller, the dining room looks like a cave! Uh, what a hole!
我們的比這里更棒。客廳更小。餐廳像個洞穴!真受不了!
Lady: So? What'd you think?
你們覺得怎么樣?
Monica: Love it!
喜歡!
Lady: Well, we already have one offer on it, and I think the lady upstairs is going to make another one.
我們本來有一位買家,樓上的女士是另一位。
Monica: They could be our neighbors, what-what're they like?
是我們的鄰居耶,他們是什么樣的?
Lady: Oh, the woman upstairs is very nice. She and her husband have two kids, uh, he's on Wall Street and she's on...
樓上這位女士很好,她和丈夫有2個小孩。丈夫在華爾街工作,她是…
Janice: Oh my God!
喔…我的…上帝啊!
Chandler: Sure.
沒錯。
Phoebe: Hey Joey, you wanna come with me to...are you ok?
喬伊,你想和我去…?你怎么啦?
Joey: Yeah, I just...I just feel bad about firing Estelle. This's gotta be killing her.
我為解雇艾斯黛的事難過。她肯定傷心死了。
Phoebe: No, that wouldn't kill her. Coronary embolism might.
她不會因此死的。除非她有血栓塞。
Joey: I don't know. She's got to be taking it hard, I was like her only client. Except for this guy who eats paper. And I'm guessing he eats more money than he makes. Look, I know she's not a great agent, but she did stick with me for ten years. I'm gonna call her and hire her again.
她肯定很難過。我是她唯一的客戶,那個會吃紙的家伙除外。我猜他吃的錢比掙得多。我明白她不是優秀的經紀人,但我們合作10年了。我要給她打電話,重新雇傭她。
Phoebe: No, no, no! You don't, don't call her! You wait for her to call you.
不…不…不要給她打電話,你等她給你打電話。
Joey: Why?
為什么?
Phoebe: Because patience is the road to understanding which...is the key, to a happy heart.
耐心是通向理解的大道...那是得到快樂的關鍵。
Joey: You blow me away.
你真讓人吃驚,我服了。
Phoebe: All right, so promise you're gonna wait for her to call you?
答應我,你等她給你打電話。
Joey: I promise.
我答應你。
Phoebe: Okay.
好的。
Joey: And that means, never having to give a reason.
這意味著,從不需要有原因。
Janice: What a small world!
這世界真小呀!
Chandler: And yet I never run into Beyonce!
我還沒碰到過碧昂絲(流行天后)!
Realtor: You two know each other?
你們認識?
Janice: Oh, we go way back. Before Monica made an honest man out of him, Chandler used to be my little love muffin!
噢,我們認識很久了。在莫妮卡認識他之前錢德是我的小甜餅!
Chandler: Don't judge me.
別審我。
Monica: Why not? I do.
為什么不?我要。
Janice: So? Are you guys thinking of getting this house too? Ooh! Are we gonna have a bidding war? I'd better warn you, I'm a toughie.
這么說,你們也要想買下一座房子?如果是要投標競價的話,我可要警告你了,我可是流氓。
Chandler: Don't, don't! Don't, don't do that.
不,不,不!不要。
Monica: No, actually, we're buying the house next door.
其實我打算買下隔壁那座房子。
Chandler: What? Why? !
為...為什么?
Monica: I don't know why.
我不知道為什么。
Janice: Ooh, that decides it then. I was on the fence. But knowing that you two would be our neighbors? Ah! now we have to get it! Ellen, we're gonna talk numbers.
那就這么定了。本來我還在猶豫。沒想到我們會成為鄰居。那我就買下來了!艾倫,我們去定下價錢。
Chandler: This can not be happening!
怎么會搞成這樣!
Monica: Ok, the realtor said another couple made an offer. Maybe the Janice's won't get it! Maybe the other couple will.
經紀人不是說還有另外一對夫婦有意購買嗎?珍妮絲可能就買不成了!另外的夫婦可能會買下。
Chandler: The only way that that is going to happen, is if the other couple are the Hitlers.
這絕不可能發生,除非那是希特勒夫婦才能搶過她。
Monica: Ok, Ok, All right. What if we got both houses? Huh? We can turn this house into a guest house.
我們兩座房子都買下來,怎么樣?將這里作為家庭旅館。
Chandler: That is a great idea! And by the way, I don't mean to sound distasteful, but when did you start crapping money? !
真是好主意。不過我不想掃興,但是你從什么時候開始愛亂花錢了。
Monica: Ok, you come up with an idea.
好呀。那你來想辦法。
Chandler: Alright alright alright, we still have three hours till escrow closes on our house. We can still get out.
好啊還有3個小時才簽約,我們現在取消還來得及。
Monica: But we love our house.
我們喜歡這座房子。
Chandler: Will we love it so much with her next door? And she's gonna be louder out here too. Just the, just the crickets and "Oh My God"!
你也同樣喜歡住在她隔壁嗎?她還會在這大聲嚷嚷,討厭的“喔…我的…上帝呀…”
Monica: Ok, but if we don't get this house, she's still gonna show up wherever we go! I mean, at least if she's here, it eliminates the element of surprise. I mean, never again will you have to hear the three words that make your balls jump back up inside your body.
即使我們不買這座房子,她還是會在我們面前出現!她住在這,起碼不會突然嚇我們一跳。你不會再聽到那3個字連你的蛋蛋都被嚇得縮進去。
Chandler: Well, we have to do something. We can't have her living next door. Oh, that does it too.
我們得想想辦法,不能就讓她住在隔壁。嗯,確實會。
Mr.Zelner: Who is it?
誰?
Ross: It's me. Ron. Look, I um, I know Rachel turned you down but I think there is a way you might be able to get her to come back.
是我,羅。我知道瑞秋拒絕你了,不過我有一個法子能讓她回來。
Mr.Zelner: This may surprise you, but re-hiring fired employees, is not my main job.
請你別見怪,重新聘用已經解雇的員工,不是我主要的工作。
Ross: Just hear me out. How would you feel, about offering her a raise?
先聽我說。給她提高薪酬,你認為怎么樣?
Mr.Zelner: Not good, Ron.
不好,羅。
Ross: Perhaps I can persuade you. What if you can give your son this genuine pterodactyl egg replica.
可能我會說服你。你希望送給你兒子這么一只恐龍蛋嗎?
Mr.Zelner: Wow, that's uh, that's pretty cool.
哇,這很不錯呀。
Ross: Huh? So? We have a deal?
這么說?我們成交了?
Mr.Zelner: Ok, you got it.
好的,你成功了。
Ross: Yes! yes!
太好了!
Mr.Zelner: This is gonna make me very popular.
這會讓我很受歡迎。
Ross: Oh, Believe me, the ladies, they love it!
喔,相信我,女士們都喜歡。
Mr.Zelner: I meant with my son.
我指的是我兒子。
Ross: Good, 'cause the ladies, not so much.
對。女士對它不感興趣。
Answering machine: Joey, this is Al Zebooker, the guy who eats paper. I'm sure you've heard that Estelle passed away. I wanted to let you know there's a memorial for her at the Westside chapel, tomorrow at ten. Hope you can make it.
喬伊,我是艾爾,那個吃紙的人。相信你聽說了艾斯黛過世的消息。我通知你參加追悼會在韋斯特賽德教堂,明天10點。希望你能來。
Joey: Oh my God.
天呀。
Joey: Hello?
你好?
Phoebe: Joey, it's Estelle.
喬伊,我是艾斯黛。
Joey: Estelle?
艾斯黛?
Phoebe: Yeah, I wanted to call and tell you that there's no hard feelings for firing me.
我打電話是要告訴你,我沒有因為你解雇我而感到傷心。
Joey: Okay. I just, I can't believe you're calling me.
好的。真難以置信你會打電話給我。
Phoebe: Well, I didn't think I should just drop by. Joey: No, no, no! Don't drop by, don't drop by! No, no, no, no.
我覺得我不應該冒然造訪。 不,不要來訪。
Phoebe: Anyway, you did what you had to do. I'm ok.
總之,你繼續做你的事。我很好。
Joey: Can I ask you something? Uhm, what's it like there?
能問你個問題嗎?你那邊怎么樣?
Phoebe: It's alright. Look kiddo, I gotta go. Good luck with the career. You're gonna be huge.
還湊合。我要掛了。祝你好運。你會飛黃騰達的。
Joey: Thanks for everything Estelle. Bye. "out of area". Boy, I'll say.
謝謝你艾斯黛。再見。不在服務區?!我說呢。
Janice: Well...I just talked to Sid, we are definitely putting in an offer on the house and I'll bet we get it.
我們討論過了。我們要買下這座房子一定會成功的。
Chandler: The Hitlers will be so disappointed.
希特勒夫婦肯定會很失望。
Janice: All right, I...I gotta run. Tell Monica I say goodbye. And...I'll see you later, neighbor.
我要先走了。幫我跟莫妮卡說再見。我們回頭見,鄰居。
Chandler: Wait! I just want you to know that...I'm so happy you're going to be here.
等等!我想告訴你。你住在這里我很開心。
Janice: Oh, me too!
噢,我也是。
Chandler: Because...that way...we can pick up where we left off.
因為這樣…我們就能再續前緣。
Janice: Huh?
???
Chandler: I never stopped loving you.
我一直都愛著你。
Janice: Oh...my...
喔…我的…
Chandler: Yeah, yeah, yeah! I want you...I need you...I must have you Janice Litman Goralnik Neihosenstein.
對對。我想你...我要你...珍妮絲·利特曼·高軟尼克·尼·豪森斯特。
Janice: Chandler, what're you talking about?
錢德,你在說什么???
Chandler: Now that you live next door, we can be together every day. Sid and Monica never have to know a thing.
你現在住在隔壁,我們會每天在一起。西德和莫妮卡根本不會察覺。
Janice: I don't know what to say. I mean, you know, obviously, we have this...heat between us.
我不知道該說什么。很顯然,我們之間還有熱情。
Chandler: Obviously.
很顯然。
Janice: But I love my husband. And I know you love your wife. Now, I...I don't think we should get this house now.
但我愛我的丈夫。我也知道你愛你的妻子。我現在認為我不應該買這座房子。
Chandler: Don't say that. Don't tangle the dream and take it away.
別這么說,別打破我們的美夢。
Janice: Chandler, one of us has got to be strong.
錢德 我們其中必須有一個人立場要堅定。
Chandler: I understand.
我知道。
Janice: Although, maybe just, one last moment of weakness.
盡管,最后就軟弱一次吧。
Janice: Goodbye, Chandler Bing.
再見了,錢德賓。
Chandler: They're never coming down now.
我的蛋蛋不會再縮回去了。
Rachel: Hi!
嘿。
Ross: Hi!
嘿。
Rachel: You are never going to believe what happened to me today.
嘿,你肯定不會相信今天的事。
Ross: What?
是什么?
Rachel: Ralph Lauren called again and they offered me more money.
羅夫羅蘭公司又打電話來了,而且他們給我更高的報酬。
Ross: They did?
真的嗎?
Rachel: Yes. It was the weirdest thing. Zelner called me and he said we'll do everything we can to get you back. And that I should thank some Ron. I don't even know what department that guy is in.
是的。真的太古怪了。則納說愿意以任何代價請我回去。還說我應該為此感謝羅??晌疫B他是誰都不知道。
Ross: So, what're, what're you gonna do?
那么,你決定要怎么做?
Rachel: Well, I took it.
我接受了。
Ross: That's great! So you're staying in New York!
這太好了!你會留在紐約!
Ross: You're...you're excited, right?
你高興嗎?
Rachel: Yeah. Yeah! You know, the money's great. It's certainly the easier choice.
是的。報酬很優厚,是理所當然的選擇。
Ross: Right!
對呀。
Rachel: But, you know, was I looking forward to going to Paris. Sure. You know, was I excited about working in the fashion capital of the world. Ooh, absolutely. Ohh! Yeah, but you know, this is...it's fine. I'm fine going back to a job where I've pretty much gotten everything out of that I possibly can...
我本來是盼望著去巴黎的,為能在世界時裝之都工作而感到興奮。哦,太棒了。不過這樣也不錯。重新回到原來的工作我覺得還不錯。盡管我已經忘掉它了...
Ross: I hadn't know you, I had no idea you were, you were so excited about Paris. Uhm, I mean, you-you said you were scared.
我不知道,我不知道你為巴黎如此著迷。你說過你感到害怕。
Rachel: Well yeah, but I mean, it was good scared though, you know? I mean, I...Like when I moved to New York scared. Or uh, when I found out I was gonna have Emma scared...But this is...fine. This is gonna be good.
我想這是良性的害怕。當我搬來紐約時,我感到害怕。當我發現懷上艾瑪時,我感到害怕。這很不錯啦,能行的。
Ross: You should go.
你應該去。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Ross: It's what you want. You should go.
那是你希望做的,去吧。
Rachel: You really think so?
你真的這么認為嗎?
Ross: I really do.
真的。
Rachel: But I already told Zelner that I would come back.
可是我已經答應了回去。
Ross: I'm sure he'll understand.
我相信他會理解的。
Rachel: All right. All right! I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go to Paris.
好的。我就這么定了。我要去巴黎。
Ross: Yeah.
好啊。
Rachel: Yeah! I'm going to Paris. Thank you, Ross!
好啊!我要去巴黎。謝謝你,羅斯。
Ross: Yeah, yeah, oh!
是啊。
Rachel: Oh! Oh, I'm so happy.
我太高興了。
Ross: Then I'm happy too.
我也高興。
Joey: Thank you all for coming. We're here today to pay respects to a wonderful agent and a beautiful woman...inside. As Estelle's only two clients we would like to say a few words. Dude, where's my speech? That is entertaining. Al Zebooker everybody.
謝謝你們的到來。我們相聚在此懷念一位優秀的經紀人,一位美麗的女性…內在美。作為艾斯黛僅有的兩位客戶,我們有話要說。我的講稿上哪去了?這么做很有趣。各位,這是阿爾則布克。