Monica: This cake is amazing!
這蛋糕太好吃了。
Rachel: My God, get a room!
天啊,去開房吧。
Monica: I would get a room with this cake. I think I could show this cake a good time!
我會跟這個蛋糕去開房的,正是時候讓你們看看美味的蛋糕呢。
Phoebe: If you had to, what would you give up, food or sex?
如果你們必須放棄一樣的話,你們會放棄哪一樣兒,食物還是性愛?
Monica: Sex!
性愛。
Chandler: Seriously, answer faster!
說真的,你回答得也太快了吧!
Monica: Oh, I'm sorry honey, you know, but when she said "sex" I wasn't thinking about "sex with you"!
不好意思,親愛的我剛才說的性愛,并不是指和你一起的性愛。
Chandler: It's like a giant hug.
好象我還受了很大恩惠似的。
Phoebe: Ross, how about you. What would you give up, sex or food?
羅斯,你呢?你會放棄哪一樣?性愛還是食物?
Ross: Food.
食物。
Phoebe: Ok, how about, uhm, sex or dinosaurs?
那如果是性愛和恐龍呢?
Ross: Oh my God. It's like Sophie's Choice.
老天啊,真是兩難的選擇啊。
Rachel: Oh God. What about you, Joe? What would you give up, sex or food?
哦,天啊。喬,你放棄什么?性愛還是食物?
Joey: Uhm...oh...I don't know, it's too hard.
我不知道,這太難取舍了。
Rachel: No, you gotta pick one!
不行,你必須得選一個。
Joey: Oh...food. No, sex. Food! Sex! Food! I don't know! Good God, I don't know, I want, I want girls on bread!
食物,不,性愛食物,性愛,食物,性愛… 我不知道,老天,我都想要!我要坐在面包上的妞兒!
Rachel: You gotta see these latest pictures of Emma.
我這兒有我女兒最新的照片。
Phoebe: Oh, how cute!
哇,真可愛啊。
Phoebe: Oh, she looks just like a little doll!
她看上去就象個娃娃。
Rachel: Oh, no no. That is a doll.
不不,那就是個娃娃。
Phoebe: Oh, thank God, 'cause that thing's really creepy! Oh, there's Chandler.
噢,感謝上帝,因為我覺得它看上去有點嚇人。錢德在那兒。
Rachel: Oh. Who is the blonde, she's pretty.
噢,那個金發女郎是誰?她很漂亮。
Phoebe: OH! He's having an affair.
他有外遇了。
Rachel: He's not having an affair!
他才不是有外遇呢。
Phoebe: You know, I'm always right about these things.
你知道的啦,我在這事兒上面感覺很準的。
Rachel: No, you're not! Last week you thought Ross was trying to kill you!
不,你才沒有呢!上周你還在想羅斯想把你宰了。
Phoebe: Well, I'm sorry but it's hard to believe that anyone would tell a story that dull just to tell it! See, there's something going on with them. Look, he's getting into a car with her!
對不起,但確實很讓人難以相信,有人能講一個洋娃娃也會講的故事。我敢發誓。他們倆之間肯定有些什么事。快看,他們倆上了同一部車。
Rachel: Oh, that doesn't mean anything.
那并不能說明什么。
Phoebe: Oh yeah? Well, let's see. Ok, duck down.
是嗎?讓我們走著瞧。喂,趴低點。
Chandler: Hello.
喂?
Phoebe: Oh, hi Chandler. It's Phoebe. Uhm...I...I know that Monica is working today so I was wondering if you wanna come to the movies with me and Rachel.
嗨,錢德,我是菲比,我知道今天莫妮卡要上班,所以我想你要不要跟我和瑞秋一起去看電影。
Chandler: Oh, uh...I have to work too. Yeah, I'm stuck here at the office all day.
噢,我也得上班。我在這辦公室里都悶了一天了。
Phoebe: Oh, well, it's a shame that you...that you miss the movie 'cause we were gonna see, you know, either "Liar, Liar" or "Betrayal", or..."An Affair To Remember".
太可惜了,你不能去看電影,因為我們打算看《大話王》(1997年)《危險女人心》(1983年)或者是《金玉盟》(1957年)。
Chandler: Those are all really old!
噢,這些片子可不是一般的老啊。
Phoebe: Ok, then maybe it'll be, uhm...
是啊,也可能會看…
Rachel: "Dude, Where's My Car?"
《豬頭,我的車咧?》(2000年)
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Rachel: They're in a car.
他們現在在車里。
Phoebe: Ok, well, I'll talk to you later. Ok, bye.
好了,遲點再跟你說,再見。
Rachel: Geez!
天吶!
Phoebe: Ok. Quick. We gotta find a cab and follow them.
快,我們得攔輛出租車跟蹤他們。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, ok. Let me just grab my night vision goggles and my stun gun.
好的,我得先去拿我的夜視鏡和眩暈槍。
Phoebe: I got them.
我這兒有。
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hey! Hi, sweetie. Hey, you smell like perfume and cigarettes.
嗨,親愛的你身上有香水和香煙的味道。
Chandler: I was in the car with Nancy all day.
我今天和南茜在車里面呆了一天。
Monica: Nancy doesn't smoke!
南茜可不抽煙。
Chandler: Well, at least the perfume is not mine, be thankful for that!
那至少那香水不是我的,你這點倒是不用擔心。
Monica: So? What do you think of the house?
那么,你認為那房子怎么樣?
Chandler: It's perfect. It's everything we've been looking for.
簡直太棒了,就是我們一直以來要找的。
Monica: Isn't it? Then what about the...the amazing wainscoting and the crown molding and the dormer windows in the attic?
是嗎?那些漂亮的涂層,冠形屋頂偏廈窗子和閣樓?
Chandler: And the wiggle warms and the zip zorps? What were the things you said?
還有蠕蟲和爬蟲?你剛剛在說什么?
Monica: Don't you love the huge yard?
你喜歡那個大院子嗎?
Chandler: And the fireplace in the bedroom.
還有睡房里的壁爐。
Monica: And Nancy said that it's really under-price, because the guy lost his job and has to move in with his parents!
南茜還說這個價錢非常優惠,因為那家伙丟了工作,不得不搬去跟父母住,所以急于出手。
Chandler: This is bringing out a lovely color in you!
看把你興奮的。
Monica: So? Do you think we should get it?
你認為我們是不是應該把它買下來?
Chandler: I don't know. What do you think?
我不知道,你怎么想?
Monica: I think we should.
我想我們應該買下來。
Chandler: I do too.
我也這么想。
Monica: This is huge!
這是件大事。
Chandler: I know.
我知道!
Monica: How bad you wanna smoke right now?
現在想不想抽一支?
Chandler: I don't know what you mean, giant talking cigarette! Oh, by the way, Phoebe called just as I was getting into Nancy's car, so if she asks you, I was at work all day.
你說什么呢,進言有功獎勵香煙?對了,我正在南茜車上的時候,菲比打電話來了,如果她問起就說我一天都在工作。
Monica: Gotcha. When do we tell them about this?
明白,你打算什么時候跟他們說這件事。
Chandler: We don't. Not until it's a hundred percent. I mean, why upset everybody over nothing.
至少要等到事情完全確定下來,現在沒有必要讓大家都難受。
Monica: Ok. Right. Oh my God, that is gonna be so hard.
嗯,好的。上帝,這將會非常難受。
Chandler: I know. Good luck with it.
我知道。希望一切順利。
Ross: I just can't see Chandler cheating!
我只是不明白錢德為什么要騙莫妮卡。
Rachel: I'm telling you guys, we followed them out to a house in Westchester, they went in for like forty-five minutes and then they came out looking pretty happy!
告訴你們吧,我們一直跟蹤他們,到一所位于西切斯特的房子的外面,他們在里面待了有45分鐘,出來的時候兩人看上去都很高興。
Joey: Chandler? Forty-five minutes? Well, something is not right.
錢德?45分鐘?肯定有什么地方不對頭。
Ross: So you went all the way to Westchester, waited 45 minutes and came back in a cab?
所以你們跟蹤到西切斯特,還在外面等了45分鐘。然后坐出租車回來?
Rachel: Yeah. And if each of you guys would like to pitch in 100 bucks, that'll be great.
是啊。如果你們誰愿意給100元的補助,那真是太好了。
Joey: I just can't believe he would do this to Monica!
我不敢相信他這樣對莫妮卡。
Ross: I know, and with the baby coming?
是啊,而且他們就快有小孩兒了。
Phoebe: So...should we tell her?
那我們該不該告訴莫妮卡?
Ross: I don't know. Phoebe, if...if one of us saw Mike with another woman would you want us to tell you?
我不知道。菲比,如果我們看到麥克跟另一個女人在一起,應不應該告訴你?
Phoebe: Why? Who'd you seen him with?
什么?你看到他跟誰在一起了?
Ross: No one, I'm just saying if...
沒有,我只是說...
Phoebe: Tell me what you know!
告訴我你知道些什么!
Ross: I know nothing! Mike's a great guy, it was hypothetical!
我什么也不知道,麥克是個好人,我只是假設。
Phoebe: All right...He is a good guy. You're right, he wouldn't cheat.
好了,他是個好人,他不會騙我的。
Ross: Believe me, if I did see with someone, there's no way I...
如果我真看到他跟另一個女人在一起。
Phoebe: Who did you see him with?
你看見他跟誰在一起了?
Rachel: Oh, look at her, so happy!
看,她多開心啊。
Monica: If only there were a smaller one to clean this one!
要是有更小的來清理這個該有多好。
Joey: Is uh...is Chandler here?
錢德在嗎?
Monica: No, he's picking up dinner, why, what's up?
不在,他去買晚餐去了,出什么事了嗎?
Phoebe: Well, look, whatever happens, we're here for you and we love you.
無論發生什么事,我們都跟你在一起,我們愛你。
Monica: All right.
好。
Ross: We think Chandler might be having an affair.
我想錢德可能有外遇了。
Monica: What?
什么?
Rachel: Phoebe and I saw Chandler with a blonde woman today outside on the street and then we followed them to a house in Westchester.
菲比和我今天看見錢德和一個金發女郎在一起,然后我們跟蹤他們到了一所位于西切斯特的房子。
Phoebe: They went in together. So sorry.
他們一起進去了,很抱歉。
Monica: Oh my God! Oh my God that's awful! What did you think of the house?
我的上帝…太可怕了!你們覺得房子怎么樣?
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Joey: Monica, you...you understand what we're saying, right?
莫妮卡,你明白我們剛才說的話,對不對?
Monica: Yeah, sure...uhm, I'm devastated, obviously...Did you think the neighborhood was homey?
明白,當然明白,非常清楚你的意思。你們認為那些鄰居熱不熱情?
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: You son of a bitch!
你這個狗雜種。
Chandler: Is it me, or the greeting's gone downhill around here?
你是在說我還是說附近不再受歡迎了?
Monica: Phoebe and Rachel saw you with Nancy today and...em...they think you're having an affair.
菲比和瑞秋今天看見你和南茜在一起,他們以為你和她有一腿。
Rachel: Who's Nancy?
誰是南茜?
Ross: What's going on?
到底是怎么回事?
Monica: Ok, alright, guys, you'd better sit down, this is, this is pretty big.
好的…好的,伙計們,坐下說話,這是件大事。
Chandler: Yeah Uh, I'm not having an affair. Nancy is our realtor.
是的。我沒有外遇,南茜是我們的房地產經紀。
Joey: I knew he couldn't be with a woman for 45 minutes!
我就知道他不可能跟一個女人做45分鐘那么長。
Phoebe: Why, why do you have a realtor?
你們為什么要請地產經紀?
Monica: Uhm, she's been showing us houses outside of the city.
最近以來她帶著我們去看市區以外的房子。
Joey: What?
什么?
Rachel: Are you serious?
你是說真的?
Monica: When we found out that we're gonna get this baby, Chandler and I started talking and we decided that we didn't wanna raise a kid in the city.
我們認為因為我們馬上就要有小孩兒了,我和錢德商量過了,我們決定不能在市區撫養我們的小孩兒。
Phoebe: So you, so you're gonna move?
所以你們要搬出去?
Ross: Oh my God!
我的上帝!
Joey: Shouldn't we all vote on stuff like this? !
這種事我們總要投票解決吧?
Rachel: What is wrong with raising a kid in the city? I'm doing it, Ross is doing it, Sarah Jessica Parker is doing it!
在市區里帶小孩兒有什么不妥嗎?我不就正在市區里帶小孩嗎?羅斯也是莎拉杰西卡派克也是這么干的。
Monica: That's great for you guys, but we want a lawn and a swing set.
對你們來說這沒什么問題,但是我們想要一個長長的秋千。
Chandler: And a street where our kids can ride their bikes and maybe an ice-cream truck can go by.
還有一條小孩可以在上面騎單車的馬路,不時還會有雪糕車經過。
Ross: So you wanna buy a house in the 50's?
所以你們想買一棟50年代的房子?
Phoebe: You thought about what you're giving up? You can't move out of the city, what if, what if you want Chinese food at 5 am? Or a fake Rolex that breaks as soon as it rains, or an Asian hooker sent right to your door?
你們有沒有想過你們正放棄什么嗎?你們不能搬出市區要是,要是你們想凌晨五點鐘吃中餐怎么辦?又或者想買一塊一響就散架的假勞力士怎么辦?又或者是一個亞洲妓女就在你家邊上怎么辦?
Ross: You know what, if you wanna look for a house, that's ok.
知道嗎?如果你們只是想看看房子,沒問題。
Joey: No, no, it's not, don't listen to him! I'm gonna thump you!
不,不,不,別聽他的,小心我扁你。
Ross: It's ok, because they have to get it out of their system, ok, but you're gonna realize, this is the only place, you wanna be.
的確是沒問題,等他們真正住進去之后你們會發現,這里才是你們真正想要住的地方。
Chandler: Actually, we already found a house we love.
實際上我們已經找到合我們心意的房子了。
Ross: What?
什么?
Monica: And about an hour ago, we made an offer.
大約一小時以前,我們開出了我們的價碼。
Chandler: Bet you wish I was having an affair now, huh?
我打賭你們現在寧可我有外遇。
Ross: You put an offer on a house?
你們已經開出價碼了?
Monica: It's so sweet. It really is. It has this big yard that leads down to this stream and then there's these...these old maple trees...
那房子真的很好。的確是,那里有一個很大的院子一直通到一條小溪,那里還有很多楓樹。
Phoebe: Wh? Again with the nature, what're you, Beavers?
跟自然環境有什么關系?你們又不是水獺。
Chandler: I know this is really hard and we're really sorry.
我知道你們一時很難接受我們的決定,我們也非常的抱歉。
Joey: Is...is this because I come over here without knocking and, and eat your food? Because I can stop doing that, I really, really think I can!
是不是因為我常不敲門就過來拿你們的東西吃?我可以不那樣做我真的可以改。
Chandler: You know that's not the reason Joe.
喬,你知道這不是我們要搬出去住的原因。
Monica: Think if you saw it, you'd understand. I mean you guys were there. It's...it's beautiful, isn't it?
我想如果你們到實地看一看的話,你們會明白的。你們倆去看過,那的確很美,不是嗎?
Rachel: Yeah it is.
是,確實是很美。
Joey: What the hell are you doing?
你在干什么?
Rachel: Well, it is, all right? When we were out there today, all I kept thinking was: I can't believe Chandler is screwing this woman, but man this would be a nice place to live!
我的意思是我們今天到那兒的時候,我所想的是我簡直不敢相信錢德在和那女人干那事兒,但那并不意味那里不是一個適合居住的地方!
Ross: Yeah, I mean, if you moved there, you have to leave here. I mean, how can you leave this place?
是,但漂亮又能怎樣?對,我是說如果你們搬到那里去住,你們就得離開這兒了你們怎么能離開這個地方?