Hey, where have you guys been?
你們上哪兒去了?
The San Vicente branch of the public library, and then ice cream.
公共圖書館圣文森特分館,然后去吃了冰激凌。
That was a weirdly specific answer.
回答具體得很詭異啊。
Well, everything is normal.
一切都很正常啊。
Usually when everything is normal, people don't respond in perfectly rehearsed unison.
通常當一切正常時人們不會回答得這么一致,像排練過一樣。
Now who's being weirdly specific.
看現在是誰具體得詭異了。
Well, if you went to the library, why don't you have any books?
如果你們真去了圖書館為什么手里沒書呢?
We read there.
我們在那兒看的。
I read "Clifford the Big Red Dog."
我讀的是《大紅狗克利福德》。
And I read Richard Chamberlain's autobiography. Did you know he did Hamlet in London?
我讀的是理查德·張伯倫的自傳。你知道他曾在倫敦表演哈姆雷特嗎?
Yes, I remember you telling me about that at the San Vicente branch of the public library.
知道,我記得你在公共圖書館圣文森特分館跟我說過這事。
Okay, well, why don't you go clean your room now, sweetie?
去收拾一下你的房間吧,親愛的?
Great idea.
好主意。
Lily, don't forget your backpack.
莉莉,別忘了你的背包。
Whoa, what's this? Cam, clown supplies?
這是什么?小卡,小丑道具?
Uh, yeah, those are mine. We just had to pick them up from the dry cleaner. Also mine.
沒錯,那是我的。我們去干洗店取的。那也是我的。
Oh, my gosh, they must have shrunk them in the wash!
天吶,他們肯定是用水洗導致衣服都縮水了!
Did they wash them 40,000 times?
他們洗了4萬遍嗎?
Okay, look. It's no big deal, but I took Lily to a junior clown college this morning.
好了,聽我說。沒什么大不了,但今天早上我帶莉莉去上兒童小丑學校。
Are you serious? Behind my back?
你說真的嗎?背著我帶她去的?
Yes, because I knew you wouldn't approve. What was I supposed to do?
沒錯,因為我知道你不會同意的。那我該怎么做?
Not take her because you know how I feel about all this mumbo jumbo.
你也知道我有多不喜歡這些無聊的東西。
Mumbo Jumbo was like a father to me. I have been very up front with you.
那就像是我的父親一樣。我已經跟你說得很清楚了。
You knew going in that I wanted to raise our child as a clown.
你非常了解我希望把我們的孩子培養成一個小丑。
Yes, but then I finally realized that you weren't joking and we agreed that we would wait until she was old enough to decide for herself.
沒錯,但后來我終于意識到你不是開玩笑的,而且我們也同意會等她長大能夠自己做決定的時候再說。
You do stuff with her all the time, and you don't ask me for my permission. Just last week, you took her to the doctor without even asking!
你總是跟她在一起做各種事情,也從沒問過我是否同意。就在上周你帶她去看醫生,連問都沒問我!
cause she had an ear infection!
因為她耳朵感染了!
Let's say we're even!
算我們扯平了!