It's a Wonderful Life. Yes I've heard of this.
是“美好人生”(又譯《風云人物》),這個我聽說過。
So you can't lose, it's there in the title. Wonderfullness is baked right in.
所以沒問題,片名說明了一切,包你美妙得不得了。
Please, I almost fell for that with, uh, Pride of the Yankees, I thought I was gonna see a film about Yankee pride and then, boom, the guy gets Lou Gehrig's disease.
拜托,我已經被《揚基的驕傲》給騙了,(講述球員盧格里克生病去世的故事)我以為是關于揚基隊的驕傲的故事。然后… 那個家伙得了盧格里克癥。
Uh, the guy was Lou Gehrig. Didn't you kinda see it coming?
那個家伙就叫盧格·里克,你沒預感嗎?
Phoebe, just watch that, I promise it will resotre all your faith in humanity.
你看就是了,我保證能讓你恢復對人類的信心。
Hey, big guy, game time.
大個兒,球賽時間到了。
Hey, be right there.
好,馬上來。
There's a game?
有球賽?
Uh, yeah, I just got my pickup sticks back from the shop. Bring your nerves of steel.
對,我剛從店里,拿了棍子玩具回來,帶著你的鐵膽來。
It's the basketball playoff.
是籃球決賽。
Listen, um honey, I appreciate this but you don't have to keep hanging out with them for me, I mean, they have each other.
親愛的,你這樣我很感激,但是你不用為了我跟他們混。反正他們兩個可以做伴。
Oh, no, honey, I mean, don't worry, I like hanging out with those guys. It's fun for me.
不,親愛的,別擔心。我很喜歡跟他們混,很好玩。
They're different than my other friends, they don't start sentences with, 'You know who just died shoveling snow?'
他們跟我別的朋友不同。他們不會一見面就說,“你知道誰鏟雪時死了嗎?”。
All right that's great, then just go. Go Knicks.
好吧,那就去吧。加油,尼克隊。
Uh, it's the college playoffs.
是大學籃球決賽。
Oh, then go Vassar.
加油,瓦薩大學。
Uh, they're not in it.
他們沒在這個聯賽里。
Ok, then just go.
那加油吧。
Ok.
好。
Oh, why does this bother me so much? I mean II don't wanna be one of those people who tells their boyfriend they wanna spend 24 hours a day with them.
我為什么要那么在意呢?我并不想當那種要男友24小時都在一起的人。
Sure.
對呀。
It's just that he doesn't have that much free time, you know, and I don't know, what do I do?
只是他空閑的時間不多,我不知道,我到底該怎么辦?
Does it matter? You're ultimately just gonna die or get divorced or have to blow your pets head off.
有關系嗎?你始終都會死,或離婚,或槍殺你的寵物。
Aghh. Me too.
啊。我也是。
Waitwait a sec, I got a question. Richard made plans again with the guys.
瑞秋,我有個問題,理查又跟他們做計劃了…
Yeah well, Ross just made plans for the whole century.
對,羅斯剛計劃了整個世紀。
And You know what, I think I'm gonna go to my room and read Cosmo, maybe there's something helpful in there.
我想我要回房去看時尚雜志了,或許會讀到什么有用的。
Now at least maybe I can learn how to do an at home bikini wax with leftover Christmas candles.
不然至少可以學會,怎樣用圣誕樹剩下的蠟燭除毛。
Ok, what the hell happened back there?
你剛剛是怎么回事?
I don't know, you tell me. One minute I'm holding Ben like a football, the next thing I know, I've got two kids, I'm living in Scarsdale complaining about the taxes.
不知道,你告訴我吧。我剛剛還像抱足球一樣抱著班,接下來我就有兩個孩子…住在斯卡斯代爾,抱怨著稅太高。
Well I'm sorry, I think about stuff. You know, I mean, you're at work, you're assembling bones, your mind wanders.
那抱歉,我就是愛想些事情。我是說,工作的時候,一邊弄骨頭就會一邊亂想嘛。
Ross, you have planned out the next 20 years of our lives, we've been dating for six weeks.
你計劃了我們往后二十年生活,我們才在一起六周。
Oh come on, what, you never think about our future?
你從不想未來的事嗎?
Yes, but I, I think about who's apartment we're gonna sleep at tomorrow night and, and where we're gonna have dinner next Saturday night.
想,但我想的是,我們明晚住誰那邊好…下個禮拜六晚上,我們去哪里吃晚飯。
I do not think about what our children's names are gonna be. You know what our children's names are gonna be.
我不會去想,我們的孩子會叫什么名字。你知道我們的孩子會叫什么名字對吧?
No, no, I mean, you know, I, I read a book and there was a girl named Emily and I thought, I thought that might be good.
不…我…我是說我看到一本書,里頭有個女孩叫艾蜜莉。我覺得…我覺得還不錯。
What was the book?
哪一本書?
The big book of childrens' name.
“兒童命名大全”。
Ok, Ross, Ross, ok listen, what we have is amazing. Yeah.
你聽著,我們在一起很棒。對。
But I do not wanna have everything decided for me. I spent my whole life like that.
但我不要別人為我決定好一切。我那樣過一輩子了。
It's what I had with Barry, that was one of the reasons I left. I, I like not knowing right now and I'm sorry if that scares you but if you wanna be with me you are gonna have to deal with that.
我跟貝瑞就是那樣,那是我離開的原因之一。我喜歡有未知,如果那樣嚇著了你,那很抱歉,但若你要跟我在一起就接受吧。
Ok, fine!
好,很好。
Thank you.
謝謝。
We're not done.
還沒完呢。
I didn't know that.
那我不知道。
Ok, then you're gonna have to understand that you're with a guy who's not gonna stop planning his future with you because he knows that we're gonna end up together.
跟你在一起的人,不會停止去計劃他跟你的未來,因為他知道我們最后會在一起。
And if that scares you, tough, 'cause you're gonna have to deal with that.
如果你害怕了,很不幸,因為你必須學會接受。
Fine, I will.
很好,我會的。
Good, 'cause I love you.
好,因為我愛你。
Oh yeah. Yeah.
是么?是。
Well I love you too.
我也愛你。
Well that's the first time we've said that.
我們第一次互相說我愛你。
Yes it is.
沒錯。
Well, I'm gonna kiss you.
那我就要親你了。
Well you better.
最好是這樣。
Hey. Oh thanks for the great movie tip.
謝謝你給我的建議。
Yeah did you like it?
你喜歡嗎?
Oh yeah. You know, I don't know if I was happier when um George Bailey destroyed the family business or um, Donna Reed cried, or when the mean pharmacist made his ear bleed.
喜歡。我不知道,我是該在喬治毀了事業之后…還是在唐娜哭,或是在藥劑師害他耳朵流血時會比較快樂。
All right, I'll give you the ear thing but don't you think the ending was pretty wonderful?
好吧,我選耳朵流血,你不覺得結局很好嗎?
I didn't watch the ending, I was too depressed. It just kept getting worse and worse, it should've been called, "It's a sucky life and just when you think it can't suck any more it does."
結局我根本就沒看,我太沮喪了。劇情越來越叫人家失望,這片子應該叫:“人生真爛,就在你覺得無法更爛時,它更爛。”
Kick save and...denied.
踢球,守住!…接住了。
But...he gets it back, pass to the middle, lines it up and...BAM! Yes! Could that shot BE any prettier?
但他搶回來,傳到中間,然后準備踢,碰…太棒了!那球還可以踢得更漂亮嗎?
Man you are incredible.
老兄,你真厲害。
Well, we had a table in college.
我們大學時也有這玩意兒。
Oh really, I didn't know they had foosball in the 1800's.
我不曉得,1800年也有桌上足球。
Nice moustache by the way. When puberty hits that thing's really gonna kick in.
對了,你的胡子不錯,青春期一到就會茂盛起來。
Honey. Uh, not to sound too Florence Henderson but, dinner's on the table.
我也不想太像福勞倫斯漢德森(女演員),但晚餐做好了。
Ok, just one more point.
再得一分。
Score! Now can we go?
得分!可以走了嗎?
See, that's why we don't let her play.
看吧,所以我們才不讓她玩。
Is everything all right?
一切都還好吧?
Umhmm.
嗯哼。
Uhoh.
啊哦。
Oh hey listen, don't be mad at him, it's our fault. I'm sorry we've been hogging so much of his time.
聽我說,別跟他生氣,是我們的錯。我們占了他太多時間了。
Yeah, hehehe's just really great to hang out with.
是呀,跟他真的是很棒。
Well...
這個嘛…
No no, seriously, Chandler and I were just talking about this. He is so much cooler than our dads.
不…說真的。我跟錢德剛才還在說,他比我們的爸爸酷多了。
I mean, you know, our dad's are ok, you know, but Richard is just ow, ow. What are you kicking me for? Huh? I'm trying to talk here.
我是說我們爸爸是還好啦,可是理查好…你踢我干什么?我正在講話,你…
Uh, you guys see me as a dad?
你們覺得我像父輩的?
Oh yeah.
對呀。
No.
不。
Nooooo.
不。
You're just, you're just clearly not familiar with our young persons vernacular. See, when we say dad, we mean buddy. We mean pal.
你很顯然不了解,我們年輕人的用語。我們“爸爸”的意思是指兄弟,是“伙伴”的意思。
Uhhuh, yeah.
嗯哼,對。
No no no, seriously, I, Joey's my dad, Monica's my dad. I've even got some dads down at work.
我說真的,喬伊是我爸,莫妮卡也是我爸。我們公司里還有一些我爸爸。
That's fine. Well, your other dad and I are gonna go have a romantic evening and I guess I'll just see you kids around.
很好。你們的另外一個爸爸跟我,要去有一個浪漫的夜晚了。孩子們,我們改天見了。
Nightynite.
晚安了。
You're not a dad. You're not a dad. Not a dad.
你不是一個爸。不是一個爸。
I can't believe you got us into trouble.
真不敢相信你干的好事。
So are you ok?
你還好嗎?
Yeah, just, I feel like I'm about a hundred. I thought I was just one of the guys.
只是…我只是覺得自己像一百歲的樣子,我還以為我跟他們一樣。
Come here. I'll make you feel like one of the guys.
過來。我會讓你覺得,你跟他們一樣。
You know for a really cool guy, you suck at foosball.
對一個很酷的人來說,你的足球爛透了。
What're you talking about, I was killing them.
我痛宰了他們。
Yeah, well they suck too.
他們也很爛。
Ok, and then you take the poopie diaper and you put it in the poopie diaper pail.
對,然后你把有便便的尿布,丟到便便尿布桶里去。
Ok Ross, just so you know, calling it a poopie diaper doesn't make this process any cuter.
叫它們便便尿布,并不會讓這個過程更可愛。
Hello.
你好。
It's us.
是我們。
Come on up. I'm gonna get the rest of his stuff together.
上來吧。我去準備他其他的東西。
Ok, we can do this now, can't we Ben? Yes we can, yes we can. There. I did it. Haha, I did it. Look at that, oh, stays on and everything. Hi.
我們做得到的,是不是,班?對,我們可以。對,我們可以。好了。我換好了。你瞧瞧。緊緊的包在屁屁上。嗨。
Hi.
嗨。
I'm sorry, what did you just say? Did you just say hi? Oh my God, Ross, Ross, Ben just said 'Hi'.
對不起,你剛剛說什么?你剛剛說“嗨”啊?天啊,羅斯…班剛說“嗨”耶!
Wha, what? Ben just said hi.
什么?班剛說“嗨”。
What, the word hi?
什么?那個字“嗨”嗎?
Ye, no, my Uncle Hi.
不,是我的叔叔“嗨”。
Great, great, and I miss that too, I miss everything.
太好了,我也錯過了,我錯過一切了。
Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I just bring it out in him.
我猜我太有魅力了。
Hello. Where is he? We missed you. We missed you so much! Come here, Ben.
你好。他在哪里?我們想你。我們好想你,過來,班。
Guess what? Ben just said his first word.
你們猜,班剛說了哪個字?
What did he say?
他說什么了?
Something about hi.
什么嗨不嗨的。
That's so exciting.
真是令人興奮。
Mommy is so proud of you. Hi. Hi.
媽咪好驕傲哦。嗨,嗨。
You know, actually it's more like, hi.
事實上比較像這樣,“嗨”。
Hi. Hi. Hi...
嗨。嗨。嗨...
Ok, this could go on for a while.
這可能要玩很久。
You're right, we got a cab waiting downstairs.
計程車還在樓下等我們呢。
Well, this was fun. Uh, we should really do it again sometime, Ben, what do you say? Ok. All right so I've got him...
這真好玩,我們改天一定還要這樣子。班,你說怎么樣呢?好吧,下一次是…
Tuesday.
星期二。
Tuesday right. Ok, bye you guys.
星期二。好,再見了。
Take care.
保重。
Bye Ben.
再見,班。
Bye.
再見。
Did, did he just, did he, did he just say, he said bye. He said bye. You said, you said bye to me. You said bye to me.
他剛剛…他…他剛剛說再見嗎?他說再見…你說再見,他對我說再見。
Yes, he did!
沒錯!
Suddenly I'm seeing him go off to college.
我已經可以幻想他去上大學了!
We gotta go, we got that cab downstairs. OKay, alright, alright, ok.
我們得走了,計程車在樓下等。好的,好的。
See you later.
再見…
Bye. Bye. Bye...Oh!
再見。再見。再見...哦!
Oh wow, look at this nice deep hole I've been digging. Hey Bert, isn't this a neece nice hole here. Hey.
我看挖的這個洞好深,伯特(《芝麻街》)…這洞是不是挖得很好?
Ok, Ben, this is the part where Ernie buries Bert in the sand and can't find him. Now, I've looked ahead on the tape and he does find him again.
班,這是厄尼把伯特埋在沙里頭,然后找不到他。現在,我已經先看過了,他后來有找到他。
But, ok, before that happens, there's some pretty rough goin' for a while but I think we can handle it. And, there's just the alphabet but we know that ends well so. Ok, here we go.
可是,在那之前呢,會先有一些讓人很難受的情節。可是我想我們挺得住。這些只是前面的情節,可是我知道結局會很好的…好,繼續了。
Bert, Bert. Bert. Hey, what happened to my friend Bert? He was here just a moment ago. Oh no, my old friend Bert is lost.
伯特…?我的朋友伯特怎么了?他剛剛還在這里。不,伯特不見了?
Oh, I'm so glad you're here.
噢,真高興你在這兒。