Phoebe: Tell him.
告訴他嘛 就給他說吧,
Monica: Just, please.
求你了。
Rachel: Come on, shut up.
拜托,閉嘴。
Chandler: Tell me what?
告訴我什么?
Monica: Look at you. You won't even look at him.
你看你,你都不好意思正眼看他了。
Chandler: Oh, c'mon, tell me. I could use another reason why women won't look at me.
拜托,告訴我。下回小妞不看我時,我就有安慰自己的新借口了。
Rachel: All right. All right. All right. Last night, I had a dream...that, uh, you and I...were Phoebe: Doing it on this table.
好吧,好,好。昨晚我夢到……你和我…… 在在這張桌子上打炮。
Joey: Wow, excellent dream score.
在夢里你還挺猛的哈。
Ross: Why would you dream that?
你怎么會夢到那個?
Chandler: More importantly...was I any good?
更重要的是,我活兒好不好?
Rachel: Well, you were pretty damn any good.
哦,你的活兒太他媽的好了。
Chandler: Interesting. 'Cause in my dreams, I'm surprisingly inadequate.
有意思。因為在我的夢里,我怎么都硬不起來。
Rachel: Well, last night, you seemed to know your way around the table.
昨晚,你表現可是很好哦。
Ross: I love it when we share.
咱們分享性事時,我總是性致勃勃。
Chandler: You okay there?
你沒事吧?
Ross: I can't believe you two had sex in her dream.
我真不敢相信你和她竟然在她的夢里做愛。
Chandler: I'm sorry, it was a onetime thing. I was very drunk, and it was someone else's subconscious. Hello, Rachel.
對不起,不會有下次了。我當時已經醉的不行了,而且這是發生在別人的潛意識的事阿。妞好阿,瑞秋。
Rachel: Get off.
上一邊兒去。
Phoebe: Oh, oh, give me. Can you see me operating a drill press?
給我,你們能想像在操作鉆床的我嗎?
Joey: I don't know. What are you wearing?
這不好說。你當時穿的啥?
Ross: Why would you want to operating a drill press?
你怎么會想著去操作鉆床呢?
Phoebe: Just for some shortterm work. You know, untill I get back some of my massage clients.
只是暫時的工作,直到我找回一部分我的按摩客源為止。
Chandler: Pirates again?
又是海盜?
Phoebe: No. Nothing like that. I'm just such a dummy. I taught this "Massage Yourself at Home" workshop. And they are. Hey, hey, Chan, she could work for you. Thanks, Joey. That's a good idea.
不,絕對不會。我就一蠢貨。我教授一個"居家自助按摩"學習班,結果他們就真的都居家自助按摩了。嘿,小錢,她可以給你工作。多謝,喬伊,這是個好主意。
Phoebe: I could. I could do it. What is it? 我可以, 是什么工作?
我行。我能行。是什么工作?
Chandler: Well, my secretary's gonna be out for a couple of weeks. She's having one of her boobs reduced. It's a whole big boob story.
我的秘書這幾周都不會來上班。她要去切掉她的一個咪咪。那個咪咪背后還有段一言難盡的故事哦。
Phoebe: I could be a secretary.
我能當一名秘書。
Chandler: Well, you know, phoebs. I don't know if it's your kinda thing, because it involves a lot of being normal, for a large portion of the day.
額,這個,恐怕你不太適合這份工作。因為這份工作要求你表現的很正常,至少一天中的大部分時間要"正常"。
Phoebe: I could do that.
我做得到。
Ross: What's that? Oh, it's My new beeper.
那是什么?我的新BP機。
Joey: What the hell does a paleontologist need a beeper for?
你一個古生物學家要BP機干嘛?
Monica: Is it, like, for dinosaur emergencies? Help. Come quick. They're still extinct.
是用來應付恐龍緊急事件的嗎?救命,快來。他們還是絕種了。
Ross: No. It's for when Carol goes into labor. She can get me whereever I am. All she has to do is dial 55JlMBO.
不,這是為了凱洛生孩子用的。不管我在哪,她都能聯系到我。她只要撥打55JIMBO就行了。
Chandler: A cool phone number and a possible name for the kid.
這號碼真酷,還能當孩子的名字
Monica: I'll see you guys later.
各位回見啦。
Rachel: Off to see young Ethan? Monica: Thank you.
去見小伊森嗎?謝謝。
Joey: How young is young Ethan? Young?
小伊森到底有多小?很小嗎?
Moinca: He's our age.
他和我們年紀相仿。
Chandler: When we were....
當我們還是……
Monica: OK, he's a senior in college.
好吧,他是個大四的學生。
Ross: College? Wow...
大學?哇哦。
Joey: Rob that cradle.
老草吃小牛嘍。
Monica: He's smart, and, and mature, and grownup.
他聰明,而且成熟,而且他還成年了。
Ross: Mature and grownup, he's a big boy.
成熟而且成年,他就是個大孩子嘛。
Chandler: And this manchild has no problem with how old you are?
這位小大人就不在乎你多大嗎?
Monica: No, of course not. It's not even an issue... 'cause I told him I was 22.
不,當然不在乎。這都不是個事兒。因為我告訴他我才22歲。
Chandler: What?
啥?
Monica: Oh, I can't pass for 22?
我不像22的嗎?
Phoebe: Well, maybe 25,26.
25,26還湊合說的過去。
Monica: I am 26.
我就是26歲。
Phoebe: There you go.
這就對了。
Chandler: Can you hear that?
能聽到嗎?
Phoebe: Yeah.
能。
Chandler: See, that'll stop when you pick up the phone.
你把電話拿起來它就不響了。
Phoebe: Oh, I'm on.
我來。
Chandler: Okay.
好。
Phoebe: Mr. Bing's office. No, I'm sorry, he's in a meeting right now.
賓先生辦公室。不,抱歉,他正在開會。
Chandler: I'm not in a meeting. I'm...
我沒在開會,我在……
Phoebe: Will he know what this is in reference to? And he has your number? I'll see that he gets the message. Byebye. Ross says hi. So fun. What do we do now?
他知道這件事指的是什么嗎?他有你的號碼?好,我會轉告他的,再見。羅斯打的。真好玩。現在干什么?
Chandler: Well, now I actually have to get to work.
現在我得工作了。
Phoebe: "Most likely." Okay, I'm gonna be out there. All right. Byebye.
"應該是"。我就在外面。好的,拜拜。
Chandler: Byebye.
拜拜
Phoebe: Yes? What you doing?
又咋了?你干嘛呢?
Monica: Okay, windows are clean. Candles are lit. BeIt's too tight. Gotta change the belt. Did I turn the fish? Nope, because I made lasagna. Am I out of control?
窗戶擦的明亮亮,蠟燭點的亮堂堂。就是皮帶太緊,我得換一條去。魚翻過了沒?沒,因為我做的是意大利千層面。我是不是有點走火人魔了?
Rachel: Just a touch. Mon, I don't understand. You've been dating this guy since like...what, his midterms. Why, all of a sudden, are you so...?
有點。莫妮,我搞不懂。你從……額……他期中考就開始約會他了。為什么,你突然間如此……
Monica: What?
咋了?
Rachel: Could tonight be the night?
今夜就要過夜嗎?
Monica: I don't know. Look, he's a great guy... and I love being with him. But, you know... things happen when they happen. You don't plan these things.
我不知道。他是個好男人。我喜歡和他在一起,但是…世事難料。這種事無法事先計劃好。
Rachel: So, did you shave your legs?
腿毛刮了沒?
Monica: Yeah.
刮了。
Joey: Would you let it go, Ross? It was just a dream. It doesn't mean...
羅斯,咱能別這樣了嗎?這只是個夢而已。這并不代表……
Ross: Oh, This is it. Oh, my God. It's baby time!
這就是了!天哪!寶寶要出生了!
Joey: Relax, relax, relax. Be cool, be cool.
放輕松,放輕松。冷靜,冷靜。
Ross: Yeah, hi. I was just beeped. No, Andre is not here. Third time today. Yes, I am sure. No, sir. I do not perform those kind of services.
是,你好。剛剛有人呼我。不,安德烈不在這兒。今天已是第三次了。對,我確定。不,先生。我不提供那種服務。
Joey: Services? Oh, services.
服務?哦,服務。
Ross: Yeah, you want 55JUMBO. Yeah, that's right. That's right. JUMBO with a "U," sir. No, believe me. You don't want me. Judging by his number, I'd be a huge disappointment. Alrighty, byebye.
對,你要打的是55JUMB0。對,沒錯。沒錯,先生。有U的JUMB0。不,先生,相信我。你想呼的那個人不是我。從他的號碼看來,你看到我會失望的。好滴,再見。
Joey: Hey, hey. How was the first day?
嘿,嘿。第一天上班感覺如何?
Phoebe: Excellent. Everyone was so, so nice.
太棒了。每個人都是這么,這么的友好。
Chandler: See? It pays to know the man who wears my shoes. Me.
看到了吧?認識穿我鞋子的那個人是有好處的。就是在下。
Phoebe: No, I didn't tell anybody that I knew you.
不,我沒告訴任何人我認識你。
Chandler: Why not?
為什么不?
Phoebe: Well, because, you know... They don't like you.
因為,這個……他們不喜歡你。
Chandler: What?
什么?
Phoebe: I thought you knew that.
我還以為你知道呢。
Chandler: No, who doesn't like me?
誰不喜歡我?
Phoebe: Everyone. Except for...eh No. Everyone.
所有人。除了,額不,所有人。
Chandler: What are you talking about?
你胡說些什么?
Phoebe: Don't feel bad. You know, they used to like you a lot. But then you got promoted, and you know, now you're all like Mr. Boss Man. Mr. Big. Mr. Bing. Boss Man Bing.
別難過,他們過去還是非常喜歡你的。但是之后你升職了,現在你完全就是個老板,大人物。賓先生。賓老板。
Chandler: I can't believe it.
我不敢相信。
Phoebe: Yeah, yeah. They even do you.
對對,他們甚至還模仿你。
Chandler: They "do" me?
他們模仿我?
Phoebe: You know, like, okay: "Could that report be any later?"
比如,額,這個:那個報告還能"再!"晚一點嗎?
Chandler: I don't sound like that.
我不是那樣。
Joey: Yeah, you do.
你就是那樣。
Ross: The hills are alive with the sound... of music."
山谷回蕩著生動的"音樂!"
Joey and Ross: My scone. My scone.
我的烤餅,"我" 的烤餅!
Chandler: Okay, I don't sound like that. That is so not true. That is so not...That is so no...That...Oh, shut up.
夠了,我的聲音不是那樣的。這一點都不真實。這一點都不……這一點都不……這……噢,閉嘴!
Monica: Did not.
真假。
Ethan: I am telling you, Up until I was like 9... I thought the"gunpoint" was an actual place where crimes happened.
真的,一直到我九歲的時候,我還以為槍口就是犯罪現場
Monica: How is that possible?
這怎么可能?
Ethan: Well, think about it. It's always on the news. "A man is being held up at Gunpoint." "Tourists are being terrorized at Gunpoint." And I just kept thinking, "Why do people continue to go there?" Oh, I should go.
你想想,新聞上老這樣說:男子被持槍搶劫(男子被放在槍口下)。旅客被持槍恐嚇(旅客被放到槍口下恐嚇)。當時我一直想,為什么人們總是往槍口上撞呢?噢,我該走了。
Monica: Okay.
好。
Ethan: Okay.
好。
Monica: Unless……
除非……
Ethan: What?
什么?
Monica: Unless you wanna stay over. I mean, I'm going to. So...
除非你想在這過夜。我是說,我反正也要在這過夜。所以……
Ehtan: Yeah, really like that. Before we get into any stayingover stuff... there's something you should know.
是呀,我也非常想。在我們邁出過夜這一步之前,有些事你得知道。
Monica: Okay. Is this, like, "I have an early class tomorrow" or "I'm secretly married to a goat"?
好。是不是,你明早有課,或者,你和一只山羊秘密結婚了之類的事?
Ethan: Well, it's somewhere in between. You see, in a strictly technical sense, of course, I'm not.... Well, I mean, I haven't ever....
額,差不多介于這兩件事之間……你要知道,從嚴格的技術角度來講,當然,我還沒……我是說,我還沒有……
Monica: Ethan?
埃森?
Ethan: Yeah.
恩
Monica: Are you a virgin?
你還是處男?
Ehtan: Well, If that's what you kids are calling it these days, then...yes, I am.
好吧,如果你們孩子現在都這么叫的話,是的,我是處男。
Monica: Wow, I mean, you did just such a good kisser. I would never have known.
哇哦,我是說,你接吻技術那么高超,我還真沒想到。
Ethan: Well, I've excelled at every level I've been to, I just.... I just haven't been to that particular one yet. I've kind of been waiting for the right person.
額,我在我曾經達到的每個方面都很優秀,我只是我只是還沒經歷那個特別的一個方面。我一直在等待那個對的人。
Monica: Really?
真的?
Ethan: Yeah. You do know I was talking about you, right? Wow.
真的。你清楚我是在說你,對吧?哇哦。
Monica: You keep saying that.
你一直"哇哦"個不停。
Ehtan: You know, you read about it. You see it in the movies. Even when you practice it at home, man, oh, man... it is nothing like that.
你要知道,這個場景,你讀到過,在電影里看到過。甚至在家里自習過,好家伙,噢,爽……絕對都沒有那樣爽。
Monica: Listen, listen. You told me something that was really difficult for you. And, I figure if you can be honest, then, I can too.
聽我說,聽我說。你告訴一些你很難以說出口的話。我想,你都能這么坦白,那么我也能。
Ethan: Oh, God. Don't tell me I did it wrong.
噢,天。別給我說我姿勢用錯了。
Monica: No, no, no. Nothing wrong about that. Okay. Here goes. I'm not 22. I'm 25... and 13 months. But I figure, you know, that shouldn't change anything. I mean, What hell does it matter how old we are? Basically, I'm nutsa about you. You know I knew after the first time we kissed. And I had a Tic Tac in my tongue. You didn't even mention it.
不不不。我不是說那個。好。我說了。我不是二十二歲。我今年二十五歲……零十三個月。但我想,這沒有任何影響。我是說,年齡差距那根本就不是個事。總之,我迷上你了。我們第一次接吻我就知道了。我舌頭上有一粒口香糖,你連提都沒提。
Ethan: I just thought you were naturally minty. Listen...as long as we're telling stuffI have another one for you. I'm a little younger than I said.
我只是覺得你身上有一種自然的薄荷香。聽著,既然咱們都說開了……我也有話要對你說。我比你知道的年齡還要小那么一點點。
Monica: You're not a senior?
你不是畢業班的嗎?
Ethan: Oh, I'm a senior... in high school.
我是畢業班的,高中生。
Monica: What we did was wrong. Oh God, I just had sex with someone who wasn't alive during the bicentennial.
我們做錯事了。天哪,我剛剛竟和一個在建國兩百年國慶時都還沒出生的男人做愛了。