Phoebe: Oh hey! How was your audition?-
哦,嗨!試演如何?
Joey: I'm sorry, do I know you?
對不起,我認識你嗎?
Phoebe: What are you doing?
你在干嗎?
Joey: Nothing, I'm just practicing blowing you off because I'm gonna be a big movie star!
練習假裝不認識你,我要成為電影明星了!
Phoebe: Oh! You got it? !
哦!你得到角色了?!
Joey: Well, no not yet. But the audition went really good.
嗯,不,還沒有。不過試演很成功。
Monica: What was it for?
什么樣的角色?
Joey: Oh, it's this big budget period movie about these three Italian brothers who come to America around the turn of the century. It's really classy! Oh, and the director is supposed to be the next, next Martin Scorcese.
大成本制作 關于三個意大利兄弟,在世紀之初來到美國。是個經典故事。本片導演被認為會成為下下個馬丁·史柯西斯。
Phoebe: The next, next?
"下下個"?
Joey: Yeah, there's this guy from Chicago who's supposed to be the next Martin Scorcese, all right? But then this guy's right after him. Hello!
芝加哥的那個家伙被認為是下個馬丁·史柯西斯。這個導演緊排在他之后。喂!
Estelle: Joey! It's Estelle! I just talked to the casting people, they loved you!
喬伊!我是艾絲特爾!我剛和選角人員談過,他們很喜歡你!
Joey: They loved me!
他們很喜歡我!
Estelle: Yeah, they wanna see you again tomorrow.
對,他們想明天再見見你。
Joey: Oh my God!
天啊!
Estelle: There's just one thing. Do you have a problem with full frontal nudity?
只有一個問題。正面全裸你能接受嗎?
Joey: Are you kidding me? I never rent a movie without it! Oh. Uh, okay uh let me call you back.
開什么玩笑?我租的電影部部都有正面全裸鏡頭!好,我再回你電話。
Phoebe: What's the matter?
怎么回事?
Joey: They want me to be totally naked in the movie!
電影需要我全裸出鏡!
Monica: Wow!
哇!
Joey: I know! My grandmother's gonna see this!
是啊,我奶奶會看到的!
Phoebe: Grandma's gonna have to get in line.
祖母想看還得排隊呢。
Phoebe: Hey the wedding is so close! Are you getting nervous?
婚禮就要到了!你們緊張嗎?
Monica: Yeah. But a part of me also can't wait ‘til it's over. Chandler and I have this pact not to have sex again until the wedding.
緊張。不過我多少也有些盼著它趕緊結束呢!錢德勒和我說好在婚禮前不再有性愛。
Ross: A no sex pact huh? I actually have one of those going on with every woman in America.
無性的條約,嗯?實際上我和每個美國女人都有這樣的約定。
Monica: Phoebe, will you give me a hand making up the guest bedroom?
菲比,你能幫我整理客房嗎?
Monica: Cousin Cassie's staying with us for a few days.
凱西要來和我們住幾天。
Ross: Cassie? I haven't seen her for like forever. I wonder if she still carries that Barbie everywhere she goes.
凱西,我很久沒見過她了。她是不是還帶著芭比娃娃到處跑。
Monica: Ross, she's 25 years old.
羅斯,她都25歲了。
Ross: So what! I still have…No you're probably right.
所以呢!我還……對,你說得沒錯。
Rachel: Hey Pheebs, can I talk to you over here for a second?
菲比,我可以和你說句話嗎?
Phoebe: Yeah!
好!
Monica: Subtle guys!
狡猾的家伙!
Phoebe: What? !
什么?!
Monica: I know you're planning my surprise bridal shower.
我知道你們在為我策劃單身女郎驚喜派對。
Rachel: Well okay. Well don't ruin it! Just play along at least!
好吧,別破壞了驚喜。至少假裝不知道。
Monica: Okay. Sorry.
好,對不起。
Rachel: Oh my God! We have to throw her a shower? !
天啊!我們還要替她辦單身女郎派對?!
Monica: Hey! What did you decide to do about the movie?
嘿!你決定接不接那部電影了嗎?
Joey: I don't know. I mean It's not like it's porn. This is a serious, legitimate movie. Nudity's really important to the story.
我不知道,我是說,這不是部色情電影。這是一部嚴肅,正當的電影。這個故事里的裸戲很重要。
Monica: That's what you say about porn.
你對色情電影也是這種看法。
Joey: You're right. Maybe I shouldn't even go on the call back.
你說的對。也許我都不必回復他們。
Monica: No! No you should! A lot of major actors do nude scenes! I mean the chance to star in a movie. Come on!
不!你應該回復他們!很多主流明星都演過裸戲!這可是個當電影主演的機會。別隨便放棄!
Joey: Well that's true. And I am only naked in one scene.
嗯,你說的對。我只有一處裸戲。
Joey: Plus it sounds really great. My character's catholic and he falls in love with this Jewish girl. Who run away together and they get caught in this big rainstorm. So we go into this barn and undress each other and hold each other. It's really sweet and tender.
聽著真的很不錯。我的角色是個天主教徒。他和一位猶太女孩相戀了。我們為愛私奔而被困在大雨中。躲到谷倉里,脫掉彼此的衣服抱在一起。真的是甜密而溫柔。
Monica: Plus, everyone's gonna see your thing.
再說,大家都能看到你的那玩意了。
Phoebe: So when can we have this shower?
我們可以何時舉辦單身女郎派對?
Rachel: She has got so much going on we have only two options. We have Friday…
她的日程排得那么滿,我們只有兩個選擇。可以定在星期五……
Phoebe: Well that's only two days away. What is the other option?
那就只有兩天準備時間。另一個日子呢?
Rachel: Yesterday!
昨天!
Phoebe: Well if we make it yesterday, woo-hoo! We're done!
那如果我們昨天就辦好了的話,好耶!搞定了!
Rachel: Oh my God Phoebe, this is impossible! We can't do this by Friday! We have to find a place. We have to invite people! We have to get food! There's just too much to do! It's impossible! We can't do it! We cannot do it! We cannot do it!
菲比,不可能,我們不可能定在星期五!要找場地,邀請客人!置辦食物!有太多要做了!根本不可能!辦不到!根本辦不到!
Phoebe: Calm down!
冷靜下來!
Rachel: Okay. I'm sorry. You're right, you're right.
好,抱歉,你說得對,抱歉。
Phoebe: Just calm down woman!
冷靜下來,姑娘!
Rachel: Phoebe, I already, I already did.
菲比,我已經冷靜下來了。
Phoebe: Oh okay. All right, then I need to calm down a little.
哦,好吧,看來我需要冷靜一下。
Rachel: Okay. Okay. I think we can do this if we just get organized. All right? We have two days to plan this party. We just need to make fast decisions! Okay? All right, where are we gonna have it?
好,好。我認為如果組織得當,我們是能辦成的,是吧?我們有兩天時間準備。我們只要決斷些就行!對不?好,我們在哪里辦?
Phoebe: Uh, here. What time?
嗯,就這兒。幾點呢?
Rachel: 4 o' clock. Food?
4點。吃的呢?
Phoebe: Finger sandwiches and tea.
小三明治和茶。
Rachel: Ooh great! Very Monica.
哦,太好了!很像莫妮卡。
Phoebe: And chili!
還有紅辣椒!
Rachel: Ah you went one too far. Uh, flowers or balloons?
啊,這就過了。嗯,鮮花還是氣球?
Phoebe: Both!
都要!
Rachel: We're paying for this you know.
你知道我們要自己掏腰包的。
Phoebe: Neither!
那就都不要!
Rachel: Okay. What should we do for the theme?
好,聚會的主題是什么?
Phoebe: Lusts of the flesh.
肉體的欲望。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Phoebe: I don't know. A cowboy theme?
我不知道。牛仔主題怎么樣?
Chandler: Hey!
嗨!
Monica: Hey!
嗨!
Chandler: You know I'm really glad we decided not to sleep together before the wedding.
你知道,我很高興我們決定,在婚禮前不再發生關系。
Monica: Oh boy me too!
哦,小子,我也是!
Chandler: You know I was thinking if we had a big fight and uh we broke up for a few hours…
我在想如果我們大吵一架,分手幾個小時……
Monica: Yeah?
是?
Chandler: Technically we could have sex again. What do you think, bossy and domineering!
嚴格來說,我們就可以上床了。你說呢,頤指氣使的婆娘!
Monica: The wedding is off, sloppy and immature!
婚禮取消了,長不大的邋遢鬼!
Chandler: That's me! Come on!
就是我!來吧!
Monica: We can't. My Cousin Cassie is in the guest room, we're supposed to have lunch.
等等,我們不能這么做。我的表妹凱西在客房。我們要出去吃午飯。
Chandler: Well get rid of her, obsessive and shrill.
甩掉她,有強迫癥的高嗓門。
Monica: Shrill? ! The wedding is back on!
高嗓門?!婚禮照常!
Cassie: I thought I heard voices. You must be Chandler.
我聽到有人在講話,你一定就是錢德勒。
Chandler: Hi! Nice to meet you!
嘿!很高興見到你!
Cassie: Nice to meet you too.
很高興見到你。
Monica: So, are you ready to go?
那,你準備好出發了嗎?
Cassie: Yeah.
好了。
Monica: Chandler!
錢德勒!
Chandler: I'll be right with you.
我跟你一起去。
Monica: Cassie needs to stay at your place.
凱西必須住到你家。
Ross: What? why?
什么?為什么?
Monica: Because Purvry Perverson over here can't stop staring at her.
因為這位“舉止不當”先生老盯著她看。
Ross: What? ! Chandler, she's our cousin!
什么?錢德勒,她是我們的表妹!
Chandler: I was not staring at her. Okay? I was just listening intently. It's called being a good conversationalist. Watch. Say something.
我們沒有盯著她看,知道嗎?我只是在專心傾聽。這是一個健談者的行為。你們看。說點什么。
Monica: You were staring about eight inches south of there.
你剛才盯著南邊八英尺外的地方。
Ross: Fine, she can stay at my place. By the way, what does Cassie even look like now?
好吧,她就住我那里吧。凱西現在長什么樣子?
Monica: She looks exactly like Aunt Marilyn.
跟瑪麗蓮姨媽一模一樣。
Chandler: So this Aunt Marilyn is she coming to the wedding?
瑪麗蓮姨媽會來參加婚禮嗎?
Monica: Wafer thin ice!
別惹我發火!
Joey: Hey, I'm back!
嗨,我回來了!
The Casting Director: Hi, Joey.
嘿,喬伊。
Joey: So, Will I be reading the same scene again?
嗯,那我要不要再演一遍那個場景?
The Casting Director: Actually, I tried to call to you. You didn't need to come down here today.
其實,我們本來要打電話給你。你今天不用來了。
Joey: Oh great! You know I would've been perfect for this part, but whatever! You know, thanks for making a bad decision and ruining your movie! Good day!
哦,太好了!你知道我很適合這個角色,不過無所謂!非常感謝你們做了個錯誤的決定,毀掉了你們的影片!再見!
The Casting Director: Wait Joey! You didn't need to come down because the director saw your tape from yesterday and loved it.
等等,喬伊!你不用來,是因為導演昨天看過你的表演錄像,而且很喜歡。
Joey: And scene! Huh? Wasn't that fun? We did a little improv there. Yeah! Okay! So you were saying?
還有表演。嗯?是不是很好玩?剛剛的即興表演,你剛才想說什么?
The Casting Director: Well, the director thinks you're really right for the part and wants to meet you tomorrow.
嗯,導演認為你對角色的把握很準確,想明天見見你。
Joey: Wow! Sure! That's great!
哇!行!太好了!
The Casting Director: Oh and your agent said you were okay with the nudity.
哦,而且你的經紀人說你同意演裸戲。
Joey: Yeah! Yeah sure, just long as it's handled tastefully and that barn is not too cold.
對!對沒錯,只要處理得當,而且那個谷倉別太冷就行。
The Casting Director: Terrific! Well uh, there's one more thing.
太好了!那,嗯,還有一件事。
The Casting Director: Uhh, it's really important to the director that everything in this movie is authentic.
嗯,導演希望電影里每一處細節都還原現實。
The Casting Director: Yeah and so in your love scene with Sarah she talks about how she's never seen a naked man who wasn't Jewish. So…
你和莎拉的性愛場面,她說自己從沒見過非猶太的裸體男子。所以……
Joey: So What?
所以什么?
The Casting Director: So well the director is insisting that whoever play that part be authentically, anatomically not Jewish. Do you know what I'm saying?
所以,嗯,導演強調無論誰演那個角色都必須可信。從解剖學角度看應該不是個猶太人。你知道我在說什么吧?
Joey: Yes!
知道!
The Casting Director: Okay.
好。
Joey: No. What?
不知道,你說什么呢?
The Casting Director: An Italian Catholic immigrant at this time would not be…
那時意大利天主教移民沒有行過……
Joey: Barmifsaed?
受誠禮?(割包皮)
Monica: So to get this part you can't be?
那么說,要得到這個角色,你就不能割過那個?
Joey: Nope.
對。
Monica: But you are?
可你其實割了?
Joey: Yep.
對。
Monica: But you told them you weren't?
可你告訴他們,你沒有割過?
Joey: That's right.
是啊。
Monica: Wow! Wow! And it's definitely all gone? There's nothing there to work with?
哇!哇!那這就全完了?沒有什么可做的嗎?
Monica: What were you thinking?
你有什么主意?
Joey: I don't know! I really want this part! And they tell you no matter what you get asked at an audition you say yes. Like if they want you to ride a horse, you tell them you can! And just figure out how to do it later.
我不知道!我超想拿到這個角色。他們說不管試鏡時被問到什么問題,都回答是。如果要求你騎馬,就說你會。之后再想辦法解決。
Monica: Joey! This is not like learning to ride a horse! This is like learning to grow a turtleneck!
喬伊!這和學騎馬可不一樣。這就像是要學會長出一件高領毛衣。
Joey: I know! I know! Okay? And apparently tomorrow when I go in to meet the director I have to take off my clothes so that they can see what my body looks like.
我知道!我知道!行了嗎?顯然明天我要去見導演,還要脫下褲子讓他們檢查我的身體什么樣。
Monica: Oh my God, what are you gonna do? !
哦,天啊,你準備怎么辦?
Joey: I just have to call my agent and tell her I can't do the part.
我得打給經紀人,告訴她,我不能接這個角色了。
Monica: Unless!
除非!
Joey: Unless what?
除非什么?
Monica: Well, this may sound crazy, but there maybe something we could fashion.
哦,聽起來可能有些瘋狂,不過也許我們可以做個造型。
Joey: Like what?
什么樣的?
Monica: Well, I'm not sure yet, but Off the top of my head, I'm thinking double-sided tape and some sort of luncheon meat.
哦,我還沒想好,不過,嗯,我突然有個念頭,用雙面膠帶和一些午餐肉。
Phoebe: Hey! I've got a great idea for party favors for the shower. Okay, we get some mahogany boxes and carve everyone's names in them and inside is everyone's individual birth stone.
嗨!我想到了該送客人們什么禮物。嗯,我們找點桃木盒子,把每個人的名字都刻在上面,里面裝上每人的生日石。
Rachel: Okay. Okay. All right, you take care of that. And meanwhile, the party is tomorrow and we still don't have a guest list.
好,好。好吧,你負責這個。還有,聚會就在明天,我們還沒有客人名單呢。
Phoebe: Okay. Okay! Well okay, who do we know that's coming? Me. Are you?
好!好吧,我們知道誰會來?我,還有你?
Rachel: Hey! What's up Mon?
嗨!怎么樣啊,莫妮卡?
Monica: Well, I'm trying to make something for Joey. Do you mind if I raid your fridge?
我在替喬伊做東西,不介意我搜刮一下你的冰箱吧?
Rachel: Have at it.
請便。
Monica: All right, turkey. That won't work. Cheese? That won't work. Olive loaf? I hope that won't work.
好,火雞肉,沒有用。奶酪?沒有用。橄欖面包?希望沒用。
Rachel: Are you making him a sandwich?
你給他做三明治吶?
Monica: No it's more like a wrap. Okay so I'm gonna go guys.
不,比較像是雞肉卷。好,我要走了。
Phoebe and Rachel: Okay.
好。
Monica: So you can get back to deciding on what to get me for a present!
我想你們可以繼續討論該給我什么禮物了!
Rachel: We have to get her a present? !
我們還要給她禮物?
Phoebe: Okay but look! Look at what I got! It's her address book! We have a guest list!
是啊,不過瞧啊!瞧我找到了什么?她的通訊錄!我們有客人名單了!
Rachel: Oh my God you're amazing! Did you just pull that out of her purse?
哦天啊,你好厲害,你從她皮包拿的嗎?
Phoebe: Uh-huh, and a little seed money for the party.
嗯哼,還有辦派對的啟動資金。