Joey: Hey! You guys! You're not gonna believe this! I just got off the phone with my agent…
伙計們!你們一定不會相信!我剛剛跟我的經紀人談過……
Phoebe: Oh my God! I'm sorry, too soon. You go.
對不起,反應太快了,你說吧。
Joey: I got nominated for my part on Days of Our Lives!
我因為《我們的日子》被提名了!
Phoebe: Good for you!
這真的是太好了!
Monica: Congratulations! Wow! I can't believe you're nominated for an Emmy!
恭喜你!我不敢相信你竟然獲得艾美獎提名了!
Joey: No, no.
不,不是。
Monica: Oh Soap Opera Digest award!
肥皂劇文摘年度獎?
Joey: No! I'm up for a Soapie!
不,我被"肥皂獎"提名了!
Monica: Honey? Is that something you're making up?
親愛的?這是你編出來的,對吧?
Joey: No, no, no! It's real! And it has been since 1998. Hey Rach! Rach! I'm up for a Soapie!
不,不,不!這是真的!從1998年設立到現在。嗨,瑞秋!瑞秋!我被提名肥皂獎!
Rachel: Oh my God! Oh my God! ! That is like the third most prestigious soap opera award there is!
哦,我的天!哦,我的天!排名第三的肥皂劇獎,真的有這個獎!
Joey: Thank you! Well, I guess now I know who I'm taking to the awards.
謝謝!我在考慮應該帶誰去領獎。
Rachel: Oh, stop that! Don't kid about that! Will all the stars be there?
哦,別說了!別開玩笑!大明星都要去嗎?
Joey: Many are scheduled to appear.
很多明星都說他們會去。
Rachel: Oh my God! Oh my God! I can't go! I'm gonna be too nervous!
天啊!天啊!我不能去!我一定會太過緊張!
Monica: Okay, I'll go!
那好,我去!
Rachel: No! !You are getting married! This is all I have.
不!你都要結婚了!我就只能靠頒獎禮樂呵樂呵了。
Ross: …and it was Ernst Muhlbrat who first hypothesized that the Velociraptor would expand it's collar and emit a high pitched noise to frighten it's predator. Yes Mr. Lewis?
恩斯特·穆伯拉特最先假定速龍會豎起它的頸片發出高頻率的聲音,以恐嚇他的敵人。什么事,劉易斯?
Lewis: What kinda noise?
什么樣的叫聲?
Ross: Just a high pitched intimidating noise.
是一種高頻率的威脅性的叫聲
Lewis: But like how?
但是到底是怎么樣的?
Ross: Well we don't know for sure. But in my head it sounded something like this.
我們并不確定。但我想,應該是這樣的。
Ross: Of course, this is just conjecture. Okay, that's all for today. Mr. Morse, can I see you for a moment?
當然這只是種猜側。好了,今天的課上到這里。摩斯,我能跟你談談嗎?
Morse: Yes sir.
什么事,教授。
Ross: Mr. Morse I need to talk to you about your mid-term exam, I'm afraid I had to fail you.
摩斯,我得跟你談談你的期中考成績。恐怕我得把你當掉。
Morse: Why? !
為什么?!
Ross: Well you need 60% to pass.
你還差60分才及格。
Morse: What did I get?
我得了幾分?
Ross: Seven.
7分。
Morse: That's not so good.
那可不太理想。
Ross: No, no it's not. What happened there Ned?
對,很不理想。奈德,到底發生了什么事?
Morse: Maybe you can cut me some slack. I'm sort of in love.
希望你可以饒我一次。我戀愛了。
Ross: I'm sorry but, that's really not my problem.
抱歉,但那不是我的問題。
Morse: I'm in love with you.
我愛上了你。
Ross: Well, that brings me in the loop a little.
那好像跟我有一點關系。
Morse: See, that's why I did so bad on this test. I'm having a hard time concentrating. When you're up there and you're teaching and your face gets all serious. you look so good. You wear that tight little turtleneck sweater…
看,這就是我考砸的原因。我沒辦法集中精神你站在那,開始上課,你的表情那么嚴肅,看起來帥呆了,你穿著那件小小的緊身圓領毛衣……
Ross: Okay! I'm your teacher. I'm sorry, you're a student and I like women. In spite of what may be written on the backs of some of these chairs.
我是你的老師,對不起,你是學生。而且我喜歡的是女人,不管別人在一些椅子的背后寫的些什么。
Phoebe: Oh my God! That guy at the counter is totally checking you out!
哦,天吶!柜臺旁邊的那個男人一直在盯著你!
Monica: Really? My God, he's really cute.
真的?天吶,他真可愛。
Phoebe: Go for it.
過去泡他。
Monica: Phoebe, I'm engaged!
菲比,我訂婚了!
Phoebe: I'm just saying, get his number just in case. But no Chandler is in an accident and can't perform sexually and he would want you to take a lover to satisfy the needs that he can no longer fulfill.
我是說讓你問問他電話以防萬一,要是錢德勒發生什么意外不能人道的話,他可能會希望你找個情人,來滿足他沒法滿足你的生理需求。
The Cute Guy: Hi!
嗨!
Monica: Can I just tell you something? Very flattered but I'm engaged.
哦,我是不是應該先告訴你?我很受寵若驚 但是,我已經訂婚了
The Cute Guy: Wow! This is kind of embarrassing. I was actually coming over to talk to your friend.
這話說來有點難為情。事實上,我是想跟你朋友說話。
Monica: Well you should be embarrassed.
你確實應該覺得難為情。
The Cute Guy: I thought you knew I was looking at you.
我還以為你知道我是在看你。
Phoebe: I did, but that was really fun.
我知道,不過耍她真的很好玩。
Joey: The winner is Joey Tribbiani! Oh, Wow! I honestly never expected this. I didn't prepare a speech. But I'd like to thank my parents, who've always been there for me. I'd also like to thank my friends, Chandler, Monica, Phoebe, Rachel…
"得獎的是喬伊·崔比安尼!",我真的沒想到我會得獎,我沒有準備演講稿,我要謝謝我的父母,他們一直支持我,我還要謝謝我的朋友錢德勒,莫妮卡,菲比,瑞秋……
Rachel: I'm fourth!
我才排第四!
Joey: Jeez!
天啊!
Rachel: Look at you with your maple syrup award!
瞧你啊,拿著楓糖瓶當獎杯!
Joey: Yeah, Maybe you don't tell anyone about this.
拜托,你別把這事告訴別人。
Rachel: No! It's not a big deal! I do that too, with my shampoo bottle.
不!那沒什么大不了,我也會拿洗發水瓶當獎杯。
Joey: Really?
真的嗎?
Rachel: Yeah.
沒錯。
Joey: What award are you practicing for?
你假裝自己得了什么獎?
Rachel: Grammy, Best New Artist.
格萊美,我是最佳新進藝人。
Joey: Oh, hey listen! The Soapie's called today and I also get to present an award.
肥皂獎的人今天打電話給我。我還得上臺頒獎。
Rachel: Oh that's great!
太棒了!
Joey: Yeah!
是啊!
Rachel: So you'll definitely get onstage, even if you don't win.
所以就算你沒得獎,你也有機會上臺。
Joey: You don't think I'm gonna win?
你覺得我不會得獎?
Rachel: Of course I do! But you know, favorite returning character is a tough category Joey. I mean you're up against the guy who survived his own cremation.
你當然會得獎。但最受歡迎死而復生獎那個獎項競爭很激烈。你要跟一個火葬了之后還能活過來的人競爭。
Joey: Yeah. No, I know I might not win, but it's just…I've never even been nominated before! I want it so much.
不,我知道自己或許不會得獎。只是…我從來沒有被提過名!我真的很想得獎。
Rachel: Well Joey, you'll probably get it. But you should probably your gracious loser face. You know when like the cameras are on you and you wanna look disappointed but also that your colleague deserved to win. You know? So it's sorta like…
喬伊,你或許會得獎。但是萬一失敗了,你應該有得體的表現,當鏡頭對著你的時候你要表現得有點失望,但是又覺得你的同行應該獲獎的樣子,你明白嗎?就像這樣……
Rachel: You know?
你知道嗎?
Joey: You practice losing the Grammies too?
你也練習過自己沒得到格萊美的情況?
Rachel: Oh no, at the Grammies I always win.
不,格萊美獎我從不失手。
Phoebe: Oh hey!
哦,嘿!
Monica: Hey! How'd your date go with Jake?
嘿!你跟杰克約會還順利嗎?
Phoebe: Oh, great! We couldn't keep our eyes off each other all night and then every once and a while you know, he'd kinda lean over and stroke my hair and touch my neck.
哦,棒極了!我們整晚視線都沒有離開過對方,每一次那個,你知道他都俯下身來撫摸我的頭發,觸摸我的頸項。
Monica: Okay, stop it Phoebe, you're getting me all tingly.
好吧,別這樣,菲比,你讓我渾身發麻。
Phoebe: All I could think of was you know, "Is he gonna kiss me? Is he gonna kiss me?"
你知道我惟一能想的就是,他會吻我嗎?他會吻我嗎?
Monica: And did he?
他吻你了?
Phoebe: I'm a lady Monica, I don't kiss and tell. But this hickey speaks for itself.
我是個淑女,莫妮卡,絕不會泄露這種私事。但這個吻痕說明了一切。
Monica: Okay, I got it. I got it.
好了,我知道了。我知道了。
Phoebe: I just like him so much that I just feel like I've had 10 drinks today and I've only had six.
我真的好喜歡他,我今天像是喝了十杯酒那么飄飄欲仙,其實我只喝了六杯。
Monica: Oh, I haven't had that feeling since I first started going out with Chandler. Wow, I'm never gonna have that feeling again am I?
我開始跟錢德勒約會后,再也沒有那樣的感覺了。我永遠都不會再有那樣的感覺了。
Phoebe: You sound like a guy.
你的口氣跟男人一模一樣。
Monica: No, a guy would be saying, "I'm never gonna get to sleep with anyone else."
不,男人會說"我永遠都不能再跟別人上床"。
Monica: Oh my God! I'm never gonna get to sleep with anyone else!
哦,我的天!我永遠都不能再跟別人上床。
Monica: I've been so busy planning the wedding that I forgot about all the things that I'd be giving up! I mean, I'm never gonna have a first kiss again.
我一直忙著籌備婚禮,完全忘了自己要舍棄什么。我再也不會有初吻了。
Phoebe: You'll have a last kiss.
你會有最后的吻別。
Ross: Can I ask you something? Ever had a guy have a crush on you?
我能問你個問題嗎?你被男人迷上過嗎?
Joey: Is that why you wanted to tie my tie?
這就是你給我打領帶的理由?
Ross: There's this kid in my class who said he's in love with me.
我的班上有個孩子說他愛上我了
Joey: Whoa!
喔!
Rachel: Whoa what?
什么事這么驚訝?
Joey: Ross has a boyfriend.
羅斯有男朋友了。
Ross: I do not have a boyfriend. There's a guy in one of my classes who has a crush on me.
我沒有男朋友,我的班上有個孩子說他愛上我了。
Rachel: Really?
真的嗎?
Ross: Yeah! I don't know. I mean, last year Elizabeth now this kid. What is it? ! Am I giving out some kind of sexy professor vibe?
是的!我不知道,我是說去年是伊莎貝拉,現在是這個孩子,到底是怎么回事?!我是不是散發出一種ˇ性感教授的味道?
Rachel: Not right now.
現在沒看出來。
Ross: The point is my natural charisma has made him fail his midterm.
重點是我天生的超凡魅力害他掛了期中考試。
Rachel: Oh, see now I feel bad for the kid! I had a crush on a teacher once and it was so hard! You know you. I couldn't concentrate and I blushed every time he looked at me.
哦,我替那個孩子感到難過!我曾經迷上過老師,那真的很痛苦!你知道嗎?我沒法集中注意力,每次他看我,我都會臉紅。
Rachel: I mean come on, you remember what's it's like to be 19 and in love.
我是說,就像19歲的我們戀愛的感覺。
Ross: Yeah. I guess I can cut him some slack.
是的,我想我可以對他通融一下。
Rachel: Yeah.
太棒了。
Joey: How'd you get over that teacher?
最后你怎么擺脫那個老師的?
Rachel: I didn't. I got under him.
我沒忘,我跟他上床了。
Joey: Problem solved.
問題解決了。
Jake: Bye Phoebe.
再見,菲比,
Phoebe: Okay bye.
再見。
Jake: All right. Bye.
好,再見。
Phoebe: Bye! We said goodbye at the door so as not to flaunt our new love.
再見!我們在門口說再見這樣不會太招搖。
Monica: Phoebe, it's okay. You don't have to tip toe around me. I've been thinking about it and you know what? I'm okay about not having that new relationship feeling…
菲比,沒關系,你不必顧忌我。我已經想過了,你知道嗎?我可以接受沒有再次心動感覺的生活……
Jake: I miss you already!
我已經開始想你了!
Phoebe: I miss you too!
我也想你!
Monica: See? That's what I mean. I mean that, that's great! But I wouldn't trade in what I have for that. I mean I'm gonna be with Chandler for the rest of my life, and that's what makes me happy.
看見了?這就是我說的。我是說,這很好!但是我不會拿現在擁有的東西去換。我是說,我將和錢德勒共度余生,這才是讓我開心的事。
Monica: Hey sweetie, come here! Come sit down. Hey Phoebe and I were just talking about how our relationship is deep and meaningful. It really is don't you think?
嗨,親愛的,過來!過來坐這,我和菲比正在談我們的感情多深多有意義。真的是這樣,你說呢?
Chandler: Oh totally! Pull my finger.
哦,絕對是!拉著我的手指。(美國人想放屁前會說的一句話,借以惡作劇)
Announcer: Presenting the award for Favorite Returning Male Character is McKensize…
最受歡迎死而復生的男演員……
Joey: This is it! This is my category.
來了!這是我被提名的獎項。
Rachel: I know! My God! Do you have your speech? Joey: Yeah, I got my speech!
我知道!天吶!你準備演講了嗎?是的,準備了!
Rachel: Do you got your gracious loser face?
失敗者得體的表情呢?
Rachel: Now Joey remember, if you win you have to hug me! You hug me!
喬伊,記住,你獲獎的話,要擁抱我!擁抱我!
Joey: Okay. Can I squeeze your ass?
好,我能捏你屁股嗎?
Rachel: On TV? ! Yeah!
在電視上嗎?可以!
The Presenter: …in the category of Favorite Returning Male Character the nominees are: John Wheeler from General Hospital, Gavin Grant from The Young and the Restless, Dunkin Harrington from Passions, and Joey Tribbiani from Days of Our Lives. And the Soapie goes to Gavin Grant from The Young and the Restless!
最受歡迎死而復生男演員獎,被提名的有約翰·惠勒 《綜合醫院》。蓋文·格雷厄姆 《年少輕狂》。鄧肯·哈靈頓 《熱情》。喬伊·崔比安尼 《我們的日子》。得獎的是蓋文·格雷厄姆 《年少輕狂》!
Announcer: Presenting the award for Favorite Supporting Actress is Joey Tribbiani from Days of Our Lives.
頒發最受歡迎女配角獎的是《我們的日子》中的喬伊·崔比安尼。
Joey: Any one of the brilliant actresses nominated for this award tonight deserves to take it home. Unfortunately only one can.
所有被這個獎項提名的優秀女演員,得獎都是實至名歸,可惜只有一個人能得獎。
Joey: The nominees for Best Supporting Actress are from Passions Erin Goff.
最受歡迎女配角獎被提名的有《熱情》 艾玲·高菲。
Joey: From One Life to Live Mary Loren Bishop, from All My Children Sarah Mchann, and from Days of Our Lives Jessica Ashley.
《一生一次》 瑪麗·勞倫·比索普。《我的孩子們》 莎拉·蕾妮。《我們的日子》 杰西卡·艾什莉。
Joey: And the winner is Jessica Ashley from Days of Our Lives.
得獎的是杰西卡·艾什莉 《我們的日子》。
Joey: Uh, unfortunately Jessica couldn't be with us tonight so I'll be accepting this award on her behalf.
可惜的是,杰西卡今晚因故無法出席,我將代表她接受這個獎項。
Joey: And I'm sure that Jessica would like to thank my parents who always believed in me.
我相信杰西卡,會想感謝我的父母,他們一直都很支持我。
Joey: She'd also like to thank my friends, Chandler, Monica, Ross, Phoebe, and Rachel who's sitting right there!
她也想感謝我的朋友錢德勒、莫妮卡、羅斯、菲比跟瑞秋,她就坐在那邊!