Ross: Err Rachel, we're running low on resumes over here.
瑞秋,我們這兒的履歷表已用完了。
Monica: Do you want a job with Popular Mechanics?
你真想到"大眾機械"上班嗎?
Chandler: Well, if you're gonna work for mechanics, those are the ones you work for.
如果你真想搞機械,還就真得去那兒。
Rachel: Hey look, you guys, I'm going for anything here, okay? I can not be a waitress anymore, I mean it. I'm sick of the lousy tips. I'm sick of being called "Excuse Me."
大家聽好了,姐任何工作都接好嗎,我不能再做服務生了,我說真的!我討厭微薄的小費,討厭被叫"麻煩過來一下"。
Phoebe: Oh, Paper cut! Paper cut!
信封割到舌頭了!割到舌頭了!!
Joey: Here, here, here.
這兒有水這兒有水!
Phoebe: Grapefruit juice! Grapefruit juice!
是柚子汁!柚子汁!(你想酸死我啊!!)
Rachel: Okay, you guys we're almost done. We've only got 20 more to go.
好啦,各位,我們快弄完了,只剩二十份了。
Ross: Rach, did you proofread these?
瑞秋,你寫好之后又檢查過你的簡歷嗎?
Rachel: Yeah. Why?
查過啊,怎么啦?
Ross: Nothing. I'm sure they'll be impressed with your excellent "compuper" skills.
沒事,他們一定會被你使用"墊腦"的能力深深折服的。
Rachel: Oh, my God! Do you think it's on all of them?
天啊不是吧?每份都這樣嗎……
Joey: No, I'm sure the Xerox machine caught a few.
不,我確定是復印機自己改了一些。
Chandler: You know I know they call this a love seat but I'm not feeling anything special towards you.
他們把這里叫做情侶座。可是跟你坐一起怎么你對面一點感覺都沒有
Monica: Hey, guys.
同志們好。
Everyone: Hey.
好啊。
Rachel: Hi, ladies.
女士們你好。
Rachel: Can I get you anything? Did you bring the mail?
您需要點餐嗎?信件帶來了嗎?
Monica: Lots of responses.
很多回信呢。
Rachel: Really? Sure, we have scones left!
真的嗎真的嗎?當然啦我們這兒還有些斯康可以點。
Rachel: Okay read them to me.
快念給我聽聽。
Phoebe: "Dear Miss Greene: Thank you for your inquiry. However..."
親愛的格林小姐感謝您的咨詢,然而…
Rachel: We have apple cinnamon Monica:"Dear Miss. Greene...." Yeah, yeah! No.
我們還有蘋果肉桂茶…親愛的格林小姐…… 好,好,不行。
Rachel: What?
怎么了?
Phoebe: Your Visa bill is huge!
你visa卡的賬單開銷不小啊!
Rachel: Give me that.
賬單給我!
Chandler: You know I don't believe you. Yolanda is so great. Why won't you go out with her again?
真不敢相信,尤蘭達那么好,你干嘛不再跟她約會了?
Ross: I don't know.
我也說不上來。
Chandler: ls this still about her whole "The Flintstones could have really happened" thing?
難不成是因為她說過"摩登原始人可能真的存在"那事?
Ross: No, It's not just that. It's just I want someone who does something for me... you know, who gets my heart pounding. Who makes me....
也不全是,我只是想找一個那種讓我有感覺的,讓我怦然心動,一個讓我.....
Chandler: Little playthings with yarn?
感情經驗豐富的女人?
Ross: What?
什么?
Chandler: Could you want her more?
你還能再多喜歡她一點兒嗎?
Ross: Who?
誰啊?
Chandler: Dee, the sarcastic sister from What's Happening!
哦我說的是Dee,那個What's Happening里面的刻薄妹子!
Ross: Look, I'm totally, totally over her.
聽著,我早就不想著瑞秋了好嘛。
Ross: Hi!
嗨
Rachel: Coffee?
要加點咖啡嗎?
Ross: No, we're fine.
不用啦~謝啦親~
Rachel: Okay.
好吧。
Joey: Shut up!
給我閉嘴!
Chandler: We're not saying anything.
我們什么也沒說啊。
Monica: What?
怎么啦?
Ross: Joey cried last night.
喬伊昨晚上哭了。
Joey: Thank you.
謝謝你。
Chandler: We were playing poker, alright?
我們昨天玩撲克來著……
Joey: There was chocolate on the three. It looked like an eight, alright.
三那張牌上沾了巧克力所以才看上去像八的好吧。
Ross: You should have seen him. "Read them and weep!"
你們昨天沒看見啊,他說我要亮牌了你們就準備哭吧!
Chandler: And then he did.
結果哭的是他。
Rachel: You know, how come you guys have never played poker with us?
話說你們怎么從來不跟我們打撲克?
Phoebe: Yeah, what is that? Like some guy thing? Like some kind of sexist guy thing? Like it's poker, so only guys can play? No. women are welcomed to play.
是啊為什么啊?難道是男的專屬的嗎?性別歧視嗎?好比說"這是撲克,男的才玩"的意思嗎?不是啊我們也歡迎女生加入。
Phoebe: Oh, okay. Then, what is it? Some kind of, you know like, some kind of, you know like... Alright, what is it?
昂好吧,那為什么不跟我們玩兒,就好比說……好比……算了,你說到底為什么吧?
Chandler: There are just don't happen to be any women in our game.
只是當時剛好沒女生在。
Joey: Yeah, we just don't happen to know any women who know how to play poker.
對啊,我們剛好找不到會玩的女生。
Monica: Oh please, that is such a lame excuse. It's a typical guy response.
拜托,什么爛借口,男生都是這種反應。
Ross: Excuse me, do any of you know how to play?
那你們會打撲克嗎?
Girls: No!!!
不呢。
Rachel: But you could teach us.
那你們可以教我們啊。
Boys: No!!!
不。
Chandler: Okay, so now we draw cards.
好,我們現在開始抽牌。
Monica: So I wouldn't need any right? 'Cause I have a straight.
我不需要換牌對吧?因為我一把順。
Girls: Oh, good for you! Congratulations!
你好厲害啊!恭喜!
Chandler: Okay Pheebs, how many do you want?
菲比,你要幾張?
Phoebe: I just need two. The 10 of spades and the 6 of clubs.
我需要兩張。黑桃十和梅花六。
Chandler: No, Pheebs, you can not...
不,你不能那樣做。
Rachel: Oh hey I have the 10 of spades! You want it? Here.
等下,我有黑桃十,你要嗎給你。
Phoebe: Thanks!
謝啦!
Ross: No, see, you can't do that.
不行,你看,你不能。
Rachel: No no no no, that's okay I don't need them. I'm going for fours.
沒事兒沒事兒,我用不著那張牌,我要打四連對兒。
Ross: Oh, you're... You're going for fours. Chandler, could you? Thanks, man.
昂……你……你要打四連對兒……錢錢,麻煩幫我醒醒腦好嘛?謝了兄弟……
Monica: Alright, here we go. We've got salmon roulletes and assorted crudites.
上菜啦。我做了鮭魚拼盤和各種冷拌蔬菜。
Joey: Whoa Whoa Whoa, Monica what are you doing?
哎哎哎摩妮卡,你這是干啥呢?
This is poker game, you can't serve food with more than one syllable.
咱們這是打撲克,你上的菜的名稱不能超過一個音節。
It's gotta be like chips or dip or pretz.
洋芋片得說成洋片,蘸醬料說成蘸料,椒鹽卷得說成椒卷……
Monica: Well, I hope you'll let it slide just this once. I was all out of "pretz."
我希望你能只卷這一次。
Chandler: Okay, so at this point, the dealer...
好,這時候發牌員開始……
Monica: You know, we've got it. Let's play for real. High stakes. Big bucks!
知道了。咱們開始玩真的吧。提高賭注贏大錢。
Ross: Now you sure? Phoebe just threw away two jacks because they didn't look happy.
你確定嗎? 因為菲比剛扔掉倆十一點(杰克) 因為"杰克們"長得好像不開心。
Phoebe: But I'm ready. So just deal.
但是我準備好了嘛,只管發牌吧你。
Chandler: Okay, alright lastminute lesson! Joey.... Three. Eight.
好好,最后給你上一課!喬伊,這是"三"這是"八"
Eight. Three. All right, very good.
八點,三點,好的,現在可以開始了
Monica: Damn it, damn it, damn it!
該死,該死,該死!
Chandler: See Monica, Joey had two fives showing, so for you to raise was.
你看莫妮卡,喬伊亮出了一對5,所以該你們叫牌……
Monica: Yes! !
行啊!
Chandler: Downright and gutsy.
直接了當,你有種。
Phoebe: I see, so then you were lying.
我明白了,你撒謊。
Joey: About what?
撒謊什么了我?
Phoebe: About how good your cards were.
你說你的牌很好。
Joey: I was bluffing.
我只是在虛張聲勢嚇唬你們。
Phoebe: Aha! And...what is bluffing? Is it not another word for lying?
哼!是嘛!所以說什么是虛張聲勢?那不就是"撒謊"的同義詞么?
Rachel: Okay, sorry to break up this party, but I've got to go fax resumes before work.
我也不想掃興但是我不能再玩了,明天工作前我必須把簡歷做好。
Chandler: Whoa Whoa Whoa, Rach Rach We've got to settle.
哎哎哎,瑞秋瑞秋,我們得算賬啊。
Rachel: Settle what?
算什么賬?
Chandler: The Jamestown colony of Virginia. See, King George is giving us the land so....
算英國殖民我們的舊賬。你看當時吧,喬治國王吧土地還給我們,所以呢……
Ross: The game, Rachel, the game. You owe us money for the game.
是游戲的賬啊,游戲技術你欠了我們的錢呀。
Rachel: Oh, right.
哦好吧。
Joey: You know what, you guys, it's their first time. Why don't we just forget about the money.
兄弟們,你看這是姑娘們第一次玩,咱就先別算錢。
Girls: Hell, no. We'll pay!
用不著這樣,我們給錢就是了。
Phoebe: Monica, I had another answer already.
莫妮卡,對這個問題我已經有別的答案沒來及說呢。
Monica: And you know what? We want a rematch.
知道嗎伙計們,我們想重新比賽。
Ross: Well that's fine with me. Could use some money.
反正我挺愿意的,我可以賺點零花。
Rachel: Oh, you really are enjoying this, aren't you?
你確實很享受這個游戲是吧?
Boys: Well, yeah, I am.
是啊沒錯。
Rachel: So basically you get your yayas by taking money from all of your friends.
所以說你們買組合家具的錢都是從朋友那兒搜刮來的吧。
Chandler: Yes, and I get my yayas from IKEA.
是啊,我是從宜家買回來的。
Chandler: You have to put them together yourself, but they cost a little less.
雖然你得自己DIY一下,但總會便宜一些。
Ross: Look, Rach, this is poker. I play to win.
瑞秋,這是打撲克,大家玩兒就是為了贏的。
I know it for me to win, other people have to lose.
有人贏就有人輸。
So if you're gonna play poker with me, don't expect me to be a nice guy.
所以你想跟我打撲克就別指望我手下留情。
Because once those cards are dealt....
因為只要一發好牌……
Joey: Yeah?
昂怎么地?
Ross: I'm not a nice guy.
我就不是個手下留情的人。
Ross: All right, boys let's eat.
兄弟們,咱們開吃吧。
Chandler: Did you get that from the "I Love Rachel Pizzeria"?
這是從 "我愛瑞秋匹薩屋" 買的嗎?
Ross: You still on that? Chandler: Oh come on, what was with that Black Bart speech?
你們還拿這事兒說笑呢?你可算了吧,你要是不喜歡她那干嘛還學黑幫說話裝逼呢?
Chandler: "When I play poker, I'm not a nice guy."
什么"我打牌時候可不是一個手下留情的人"。
Ross: You're way off pal.
這根本兩碼事。
Joey: I don't think so, see Ross, because I think you love her!
我覺得不是這樣,因為我覺得吧,你愛上她了。
Ross: No. See I might have had feelings for her at one time. Not anymore. I just...I... Marcel! Where are you going with that disk? You are not putting that on again. Okay... If you press that button, you are in very very big trouble.
不是的,可能我以前某些時候對她有感覺,但是現在已經沒有了。我只是……我……馬修!你拿著CD要干嘛?你不能再放上去了。好吧…… 如果你敢按下播放鍵,你就有大大的麻煩了。
Rachel: You believe what a jerk Ross was being?
你們看Ross剛才那混蛋樣兒。
Monica: Yeah, I know. He can get really competitive.
是啊,我知道,他有時候會變得特別爭強好勝。
Monica: What?
神馬?
Phoebe: "Hello, kettle? This is Monica. You're black!"
你好小水壺,我是莫妮卡,你是黑色的 (烏鴉笑豬黑,你跟Ross彼此彼此嘛)
Monica: Please! I'm not as bad as Ross.
拜托!我可沒Ross那么壞。
Rachel: I beg to differ. The Pictionary incident?
是嘛我可不同意。你忘了"你畫我猜事件"了嗎?
Monica: That was not an incident. I was gesturing and the plate slipped out of my hand.
那不是什么"事件"。那是因為我做手勢的時候不小心把盤子丟出去的。
Rachel: I got an interview! I got an interview!
啊!我得到一個面試機會!我得到一個面試機會!
Monica: You're kidding! Where?
真的假的!在哪兒?
Rachel: Saks Fifth Avenue.
第五大道薩克斯。
Monica: Oh, Rachel!
哦,瑞秋。
Phoebe: It's like the mother ship is calling you home.
這聲音就像是航空母艦叫你歸隊。
Monica: What's the job?
什么工作?
Rachel: Assistant buyer. I would be shopping! For a living!
采購助理。我居然要用購物……來謀生了!
Monica: Ok look, that's Aunt lris. She has been playing poker since she was 5. You've got to listen to every word she says.
那是艾莉絲姑姑在敲門,她五歲就會打撲克了!她說的每字我們都得牢記在心。
Aunt Iris: Hi, is Tony Randall dead?
唐尼蘭道已經死了?
Monica: I don't think so.
沒有吧。
Aunt Iris: He may be now. I hit him with my car.
但現在可能死了因為我好像開車撞到他了。
Girls: My God, really?
天啊……真的?
Aunt Iris: No, that's bluffing. Lesson number one. Let me tell you something. Everything you hear at a poker game is pure crap! Nice earrings.
當然假的,我這是在"虛張聲勢"。我告訴你們,在牌桌上聽到的任何事都是狗屁!耳環真好看。
Phoebe: Thank you...
謝……
Aunt Iris: Girls, sit down.
姑娘們都坐好。
Monica: Aunt lris, this is Phoebe and Rachel.
艾瑞斯姑姑,這是菲比和瑞秋。
Aunt Iris: Yeah, yeah, Listen, I'm parked at a meter. Let's do it. Okay? Ok, we'll start with fivecard draw. Then we'll go into the studs and the hold 'ems. I talked to Cousin Nathan. Don't touch the cards when somebody is dealing.
聽好!我停車是計時收費的,咱們趕緊開始吧,成嗎?好,那我們從抽五張牌開始。然后我們學習怎么開始看牌、持牌。我跟你南希堂兄聊天來著。我發牌的時候先不要碰牌。
Monica: How is Nathan?
南希還好嗎?
Aunt Iris: How is he ever. Now he thinks he's a man trapped in a woman's body.
他現在以為他是一個困在女人身體里的男人。
Rachel: Don't you mean he thinks he is a woman trapped in a man's body?
你是說一個女人困在男人的身體里?
Aunt Iris: It should be so simple.
昂,很明顯。
Phoebe: Ross, could we please please listen to anything else?
羅斯,我求你咱能聽點別的嗎?
Ross: All right. I'm gonna pay for that tonight.
好吧。我今晚非要因為這事兒付出代價的。
Rachel: Hi. Guys, guess what?
嗨,親們,猜猜發生了什么?
Chandler: Ok the fifth dentist caved, and now they're all recommending Trident?
廣告里那第5個牙醫也同意推薦Trident口香糖?
Rachel: No, the interview! Unbelievable! She loved me. She absolutely loved me. We talked for like two hours. We've the same taste in clothes. And-oh, I also went to camp with her cousin. And, oh, the job is perfect! I can do this, I can do this well.
不是,是面試啊!我都不敢相信這是真的,她喜歡我,她完全愛上我了。我們聊了大概兩個小時,而且我們對時裝的品味一致。而且我之前還跟她的表妹一起參加過夏令營呢。這份工作太贊了,我一定能勝任并且能做的很好!
Everyone: That's great!
太棒了!
Rachel: Then she told a funiest story.
哦對她還講了個爆好笑的笑話。
Monica: Ok great, you'll tell us and we'll laugh. Let's play poker!
行了挺好的你會講我們會笑的哈。打牌吧!