Phoebe: Oh my god, can't believe my little brother is married!
啊,天呀。真不敢相信,弟弟你已經結婚了。
Frank Jr. :I know!
是呀。
Phoebe: You guys, why didn't you tell me you were eloping?
你們倆為什么不告訴我你們準備結婚?
Frank Jr. :'Cause it just sort of happened. You know, we at the courthouse, we having lunch...
因為我們之前也沒有想過結婚這事,那天我們去法院,我們正在吃午飯
Phoebe: Wait, wait. Why were you at the courthouse?
等等,你們干嘛去法院?
Frank Jr. :We were having lunch. Yeah, and then, all suddenly, we were like, "Hey, you know we're here, we're having lunch, let's get married, right?"
我們去吃午飯呀。然后,我們突然之間意識到,嘿!我們正在法院吃飯,吃完飯我們去登記結婚吧!
Phoebe: Wow, a year and a half ago I didn't even know I had a brother. Now I have a sister too!
哇,一年半以前我甚至都不知道自己有個弟弟,現在我還有弟媳了。
Oh, so great. Oh. Ok. Ok. Stop it. Don't!
好,啊??焱O聛恚瑒e親了。
Alice: Oh.
哦。
Phoebe: So, want to get you a gift now. Is there anything you need?
既然你們結婚了,我得送給你們一份禮物。你們需要什么嗎?
Frank Jr. :Oh, yeah.
嗯,有。
Alice: We've been trying to get pregnant, uh, pretty much ever since we got engaged. That we'd get a jump on things. You know, no one's getting any younger.
我們倆一直努力想要個孩子嗯,幾乎從我們訂婚那天就開始了。我們非常著急,你也知道,我們都不年輕了。
Frank Jr. :Because the thing is, we um, we're not able to, you know, uh, conceive, you know.
不過重點是我們沒辦法......成功受孕。
Alice: And we've tried everything; we've seen a bunch of doctors.
我們什么方法都試過了,也去看了不少醫生。
Frank Jr. :Yeah, and, and they say, that our, that our only chance to have a baby is that if they take my sperm, her egg, and put it together in a dish, and then put it into another girl.
醫生說了,我們有孩子的唯一的機會就是把我的精子,她的卵子放在一個器皿里,然后再移入另外一個女生。
So we were wondering if you could be the girl that we could put it into.
因此我們在想,你可不可以成為那個女生。
Phoebe: It's a really nice gift. I was thinking of, like, a gravy boat.
那真是一個美好的禮物。我剛剛還以為是要放到醬油壺里呢。
Alice: We know, we know it's a lot to ask. Uh we don't have anyone else to go to. We could pay someone to do it but we don't have that kinda money.
我們知道這個要求很過份但我們求助無門本想找別人做代理孕母 但我們沒那筆錢。
Frank Jr. .: Plus, you know, you're family and, you know. I don't know. I just don't want my baby to grow into some chick I don't know, you know?
再加上你又是家人,我也不想把孩放進不認識的女孩肚子里。
Alice: Don't give us an answer yet, think about it. And, umm, if you say no, we will totally understand.
不急著回答,你考慮看看,若你拒絕,我們也能完全理解。
Phoebe: Ok. Ok.
好吧。
Frank Jr. .: Oh, and also, uh, we were wondering if you could give us a ride down to the train station. Well, actually, we kinda need an answer to that one right now.
對,能不能載我們去火車站?這問題可能要馬上回答才行。
Joey: Hey! You guys, check it out! Check it out! Guess what job I just got?
嘿!嘿!快來看看,快來看看!猜我找到什么工作了。
Chandler: I don't know, but Donald Trump wants his blue blazer black.
我不知道呀,但是Donald Trump(賭場大亨)想讓他的藍色運動夾克變黑所以借你穿臟點。
Ross: What?
什么?
Chandler: Blue blazer back. He, he wants it back.
我是說要回,他想要回他的夾克。
Rachel: Well you said black. Why would he want his blue blazer black?
但是你剛剛說的是變黑。他為什么想把他的藍色夾克變黑呢?
Chandler: Well, you, you know what I meant.
嘿,你知道我是什么意思。
Monica: No, you've messed it up. You're stupid.
不是,你弄混了。你好笨。
Chandler: So what job did you get Joe?
喬伊,你找到的工作到底是什么呀?
Joey: Oh, tour guide at the museum. Yeah, Ross got it for me.
哦,博物館里的解說員。是羅斯幫我找的活。
Rachel: Well how could you be a tour guide, don't you have to be a dinosaur expert or something?
啊?你怎么能成為解說員呢?要成為解說員,不得是恐龍或者是歷史專家嗎?
Joey: No, not really. They give you all the information. It's uh, it's like memorizing a script. Yeah.
不,其實不用。他們給我全部資料,嗯,就像背劇本一樣。
"And on your left, you have Tyrannosaurus Rex, a carnivore from the Jurassic period."
"在您的左邊,您看到的是暴龍,一種來自侏羅紀的肉食動物。"
Chandler, Monica and Rachel: Heeey! Very nice.
嘿!不錯嘛!
Ross: Uh, actually Joey, it's the Cretaceous period.
嗯,喬伊,暴龍實際上是來自白堊紀。
Joey: Yeah, but I can pronounce "Jurassic".
對,但是我可以發表我的看法。
Phoebe: Hey!
嗨?。?/div>
All: Hey!
嗨??!
Phoebe: Guess what? Frank Jr. . and Alice got married.
你們猜怎么了。Frank Jr. 和愛麗絲結婚了!
All: No way. Oh my God!
啊天呀!!
Phoebe: Annnd, they're gonna have a baby!
還有!還有,他們將要生小孩啦!
All: Ho-ho!
???
Phoebe: And, and they want me to grow it for them in my uterus.
還有,還有他們想要用我的子宮來為他們懷胎。
Ross: My God.
天??!
Monica: Are you serious?
你是認真的嗎?
Phoebe: Yeah.
是啊。
Joey: You really think of having sex with your brother?
你真的在考慮和你弟弟做愛?!
Phoebe: Eww! And no, no! It's just they want me to be the surrogate. It's her egg and his sperm. I'm-I'm just the oven. It's totally their bun.
你好惡心!當然不是!他們只是想讓我成為懷胎代理人。是她的卵子和他的精子,啊,我只是烤爐。面包完全是他們的。
Joey: Oh.
哈。
Monica: What did you tell them?
你怎么答復他們的?
Phoebe: Well, they said I had to think about it, first. But uh, what is there to think of? I'm gonna be giving someone the greatest gift you can possibly give.
他們說先讓我考慮考慮,但是這有什么可考慮的呢?我將把我所能給的最好的禮物送給他們。
Chandler: You're gonna carry their child and get them a Sony Play Station?
你將要幫他們懷孩子,還給他們一臺索尼PS?
Rachel: Honey, this really is an incredible thing to do for them but there are things to think about.
親愛的,為他們這么做,的確實是一件驚人的喜事。但是有些事你得再想想。
Monica: Yeah, I mean you'd be pregnant. I mean, pregnant.
是呀,你將要懷孕,是懷孕呀?。?/div>
Phoebe: I know.
我知道啊。
Ross: Pheebs, you're talking about putting your body through an awful lot. I mean, morning sickness, uh, labor. And it's all for somebody else.
Pheebs,你的身體將接受一段可怕的經歷,我是說,如晨吐,嗯,分娩,但你做這一切都是為了別人!
Phoebe: Yeah, what's your point?
是啊,你的重點是什么?
Ross: Oh, the stuff I just mentioned.
嗯,我剛剛說過的那些東西。
Rachel: Wow, I don't know if I could ever do that. You know, I always figured the first time I had a baby,
哇!不知道我這輩子會不會那么做?我一直在想,如果我第一次懷孕,
it would be with someone I love and that baby was, you know, a keeper.
一定是為一個我愛的人,而且我得照顧那個孩子。
Phoebe: You know, you guys were a lot more supportive when I wanted to make denim furniture.
我當初想做家具時,你們可是很支持我的。
Joey: Pheebs, listen, if you decide to do this, we'll be supportive like crazy.
菲比,聽著,如果你決定下來要做這事,我們當然會全力支持你的。
All: Yeah.
是啊。
Monica: We just want you to think it through.
我們只是想讓你全面的想一想。
Rachel: Yeah. Honey, maybe you can talk to somebody who's had a baby. Like your mom.
對,親愛的,也許你可以和生過孩子的人聊聊。例如你的媽媽。
Phoebe: My mom never gave birth. Oh, but my birth mom did!
我媽媽從來沒生過孩子。哦!但是我生母生過。
Kathy: Mmmm, I love this tushie. Can I take it to work with me?
額,我愛死你的屁股了,我可以把她帶到單位嗎?
Chandler: Oh, yeah, sure. It's not mine anyway. Came with the pants.
哦,當然可以,反正也不是我的。它跟褲子是一起的。
Kathy: Oh!
哦!
Monica: I am so jealous.
我太嫉妒你了。
Rachel: You guys are really, you're just, right there, aren't you?
你們倆正在那個階段,對吧?
Chandler: Yes. Right where?
哪個階段?
Monica: Beginning...where, you know, where it's all sex and talking and sex and talking...
熱戀期,一天到晚的甜言蜜語,不眠不休的性生活。還有
Chandler: Yeah, you, you gotta love the talking.
是,我必須得不停的說。
Monica: And the sex?
那性生活呢?
Chandler: All right, we haven't had sex yet. Ok, but what's the big deal, you know? This is special, and I want our love to grow, before we move on to the next level.
好,我們還沒有做過呢。對,那又能怎么樣?你知道,這次戀愛對我來說很特殊,我想充分培養感情再更上層樓。
Rachel: Oh Chandler, that is so nice.
啊,錢德勒,你那么做好體貼呀。
Ross: Yeah, that is really nice...lying! ! No way is that the reason.
是很體貼......撒謊!不可能是你說的那個原因!
Rachel: Why, just because you're not mature enough to understand something like that?
怎么啦?只是因為你還不夠成熟去理解像這樣的事情?!
Chandler: No, he's right, I'm totally lying.
不,他說得對,我完全在撒謊。
Monica: Then what is it?
那么原因是什么呢?
Chandler: Well, Kathy's last boyfriend was Joey.
凱斯的上一個男朋友是喬伊。
Ross: And you're afraid you won't be able to "fill his shoes".
你擔心自己技不如人?
Chandler: No, I'm afraid I won't be able to make love as well as him.
不,我是擔心我做愛不如喬伊好。
Ross: Yeah, I was going for the metaphor.
對,我剛剛在用暗喻。
Chandler: Yes and I was saying the actual words.
對,我剛剛在說實際的意思。
Monica: Big deal, so Joey's had a lot of girlfriends. That doesn't mean that he's great in bed.
沒什么大不了的,喬伊是有很多女朋友,但那并不意味著他在床上也很厲害。
Chandler: We share a wall. So either he's great in bed or she just liked to agree with him a lot. Loudly and a lot! All night long she'd agree!
我們的房只隔著一面墻!因此,要么他在床上極偉大,要么就是她喜歡和他"和諧一致".
Monica: Sweetie, with you it's gonna be different. The sex is gonna be great 'cause you guys are in love.
親愛的,她和你將會不同的。你們的性生活一定會非常好的,因為你倆都都深愛著對方呀。
Chandler: Yeah?
是嗎?
Rachel: Yeah.
是啊。
Ross: Just go for it Chandler.
錢德,放手一試吧。
Monica and Rachel: Yeah, you should, you should. Come on, really.
對,你應該那么做。真的,去吧!
Chandler: All right, all right, I'll sleep with my girlfriend. But I'm just doing it for you guys.
好,那好吧,,我這就去和我女朋友睡覺。但是,我這么做,只是為了你們。
Joey: Ok, now the Mastodon is from the semi-late Jurassic period.
接下來這頭乳齒象是來自侏羅紀中后期。
Kid: Isn't the Mastodon from the Pliocene Epoch?
乳齒象不是上新世的嗎?
Joey: Shhhh. This is a museum. No talking. Ok, right down here we have, uh...a large foot.
噓噓!這里是博物館,不許講話。這里是一個大腳。
Joey: Uh, and over here we have Ross Geller. Everyone wave hi to Ross. Ross is one of our most important scientists. Look at him hard at work.
這里是我們的羅斯吉勒。大家向羅斯揮手說'嗨',羅斯是博物館里最重要的科學家之一,快看看他,工作多努力。
Joey: Ok, moving right along. Come on.
好,繼續向前??臁?/div>
Phoebe Sr. :It's open, come in.
門沒關,請進。
Phoebe: Hi.
嗨!
Phoebe Sr. :Hi. I'm sorry I'm late.
嗨!不好意思,我來晚了。
Phoebe Sr. :Oh, that's ok. It gave me time to finish, uh, glazing my nipples.
哦,沒事,我正好有時間給乳頭上釉。
Phoebe: Wow, you really go all out when you're expecting company.
哇!你等客人時,還真是竭盡全力。
Phoebe Sr. :No, I was working on my pottery.
沒有,我剛剛在做陶器。
Phoebe: Oh, Oh! Oh, I didn't know that you did...pot.
哦!哦!我不知道你會做......罐子。
Phoebe Sr. :Oh yeah. Oh mostly nudes. It combines my two passions, pottery and erotica.
啊,是呀。大部分是裸體的。它結合了我的兩大嗜好,陶器和色情藝術。
Phoebe: Oh, ooh! Erottery!
哦??!情色陶器!
Phoebe Sr. :Hey! Ok! Well, thanks for coming out to see me. I just, I just thought it would be a very good idea to talk about this baby stuff in person you know.
嘿!嗯,謝謝你來見我。我只是很高興能以我的親身經歷和你聊聊生兒育女的事情。
Phoebe: Ok.
好吧。
Phoebe Sr. : Uh, I really don't think it's a very good idea Phoebe.
菲比,我真的認為你不應該那么做。
Phoebe: Why not?
為什么?
Phoebe Sr. :Well, because, you'd be giving up a baby. And, I, I really don't,
嗯,因為你將要把孩子送交給別人,怎么和你說呢。
I don't know if there's anything I could say that could make you understand the pain of giving up a baby, so, um...
我不知道怎么說才能讓你理解放棄孩子時的那份痛楚,因此
Phoebe: Oh no no, I understand. Don't, don't hurt the puppy.
喔,不!不-不!我理解那痛的感覺!別,別傷害這個小狗。
Phoebe Sr. :No no no, the-the puppy is yours.
不-不,這個小狗是你的啦。
Phoebe: Oh, I get a puppy?
哈哈,我有小狗了??!
Phoebe Sr. :Well yeah. I mean yeah, but, for only three days.
嗯,對!是的,但只是3天。
Phoebe: Why?
為什么?
Phoebe Sr. :Well, you know, I-I realize that I don't have any right to start getting all parenty on you and everything now, but, um, er...
我知道我沒有權利像母親一樣管你,但是,喂
Phoebe, would you please look at me and not the puppy, it's very important.
Phoebe,你能不能先聽我說,而不是玩小狗,這事非常重要。
Phoebe: Ok.
好。
Phoebe Sr. :I mean, I know what I'm talking about. I gave up two babies.
我是說,我知道自己以前做了什么,我拋棄了2個孩子,
And, I only wish that I had someone there who had given up babies who could've told me, how terrible it is to give up babies.
而且我真的希望當時身邊有個拋棄過孩子的人可以告訴我拋棄孩子的感覺是多么的糟糕。
Aw, I really shouldn't've given you the puppy first.
我真不應該先給你小狗。
Phoebe: That's ok. No we're listening.
沒關系,我專心聽你說。
Phoebe Sr. :I just think that, it would be something that you would regret every single day for the rest of your life.
我只是在想,那么做的后果將會是遺恨終生。
So, however hard it is, for you to give up this puppy, it would be like a million times harder to give up a child.
因此,不管你要放棄這個狗有多么的難,放棄一個孩子要比那難上一萬倍。
Phoebe: Ok, fair enough. Three days.
好,很合理,就養三天。
Phoebe Sr. :Aw, it's time to take my ass out of the kiln.
該把屁股拿出烤窯了。
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
conceive | [kən'si:v] |
想一想再看 v. 設想,構思,懷孕 |
聯想記憶 | |
incredible | [in'kredəbl] |
想一想再看 adj. 難以置信的,驚人的 |
||
mature | [mə'tjuə] |
想一想再看 adj. 成熟的,(保單)到期的,考慮周到的 |
||
understand | [.ʌndə'stænd] |
想一想再看 vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為< |
||
haven | ['heivn] |
想一想再看 n. 港口,避難所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中, |
聯想記憶 | |
frank | [fræŋk] |
想一想再看 adj. 坦白的,直率的,真誠的 |
||
engaged | [in'geidʒd] |
想一想再看 adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,訂婚了的 |
||
surrogate | ['sʌrəgit] |
想一想再看 n. 代理人,代用品,替身,繼母 |
聯想記憶 | |
check | [tʃek] |
想一想再看 n. 檢查,支票,賬單,制止,阻止物,檢驗標準,方格圖案 |
聯想記憶 | |
metaphor | ['metəfə] |
想一想再看 n. 隱喻,暗喻 |
聯想記憶 |

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: