Ross:You are lucky to be alive! So live everyday to the fullest. Love yourself, ok? Ok. Oh, and-and also getstamps. Bye!
活著是一種幸運,所以每一天都要活得精彩。珍愛自己,好嗎?好吧,也別忘了買郵票,再見。
Monica: Wow! Play that message for Emily and this whole problem goes away!
只要把這留言放給艾蜜莉聽,所有的問題就都解決了!
Rachel: Oh. Right?
是嗎?
Gary: Hey, anybody wanna meet a hero?
誰要來見見英雄?
Phoebe: John Glenn is here? !
約翰·格倫(美國第一位宇航員)來了?
Gary: No, Joey!
不,是喬伊!
Phoebe: Joey's never been to outer space.
喬伊沒有上過太空啊。
Ross: Pheebs, we had the most incredible night! Ok, so, we're in the car...
菲比,今晚真是太不可思議了!我們在警車里……
Gary: Wait! Hold on!
慢著!
Gary: Hi.
嗨。
Phoebe: Hi!
嗨!
Gary: Ok, go ahead.
好,繼續說。
Ross: Ok, ok, so we're in the car. Right? And bang! A shot was fired. And Joey with no regard for his own safety throws himself on me!
好……我們在警車里,突然砰得一聲!有人開槍。喬伊完全不顧自己的安危,撲到我身上保護我!
Phoebe: My God, Joey!
天啊,喬伊!
Chandler: It was a car backfire!
那是汽車逆火放屁的聲音!
Ross: Yeah, but-but he didn't know that!
對,但是當時他并不知道。
Joey: Yeah, I didn't know that.
對,我不知道。
Ross: And it could've just as easily have been a bullet.
那很有可能會是子彈的。
Gary: Hey Joe, you ever think about joining the force? We could use a guy like you.
喬伊,有沒有想過要當警察?警界很需要你這種人。
Chandler: Who jumps at loud noises!
聽到巨響就嚇得跳起來!
Ross: Wow! I could've died tonight.
我今晚有可能喪命的。
Chandler: Yeah! If the car that backfired had run over you! You know what, I'm gonna go home before Ross starts rambling about his new-found respect for life.
對,如果那部放屁的車,把你碾過去的話。我先回家去了,省得羅斯大談人生新發現。
Ross: I do have a newfound respect for life.
我的人生的確有了新發現。
Chandler: Oh my God!
我的上帝啊!
Phoebe: Ross, I could've told you, you weren't gonna die today.
羅斯,我早該跟你說,你今天不會死的。
Ross: What? You know when I'm gonna die?
你知道我什么時候會死?
Gary: Sweet you wanna get some dinner?
親愛的,你要吃晚餐嗎?
Phoebe: Sure! Yeah! Oh, you know what? If I heard a shot right now, I'd throw my body on you.
好啊!你知道嗎,若現在聽到槍聲,我一定會撲倒在你身上。
Gary: Oh yeah? Well maybe you and I should take a walk in a bad neighborhood.
是嗎?那我們或許應該,去窮兇惡極的社區散步。
Phoebe: Ok!
好。
Gary: All right.
好的。
Phoebe: Bye!
再見!
Ross and Joey: Bye!
再見!
Joey: Cut it out Ross! I hate to have to save your life and kick your ass in the same day!
羅斯,你別再鬧了,我不想在同一天里,先是救你又痛扁你一頓!
Joey: Dude! How come you took off?
你剛才怎么先離開了?
Chandler: Oh, just go out for a walk, round the living room. Whatever...
我只是去散步,在客廳里繞來繞去……
Joey: Something wrong?
有什么不對嗎?
Chandler: No. No I'm just tired. You know, from-from the walk.
沒有,我只是累了,走路走累了。
Joey: Ok.
好吧。
Chandler: You dove in front of Ross! Ross!
你撲上去救羅斯!羅斯!
Joey: That's what this is about! Oh my God, you hate Ross!
原來是這么一回事。天啊,你恨羅斯!
Chandler: Not hate Ross!
我沒有恨羅斯!
Joey: Of course you do! I saved him! You're mad at me! It all adds up! You want Ross out of the picture.
你當然有!我救了他,你生我的氣,這樣全都說得通了。你想鏟除羅斯?
Chandler: What picture?
鏟除什么?
Joey: I don't know, but I don't like what I'm hearing!
不知道,但是我不喜歡你剛才說的話!
Chandler: I'm very glad you saved Ross in the car backfire, but it could've been a bullet and you, you know, you didn't try to save me!
我很高興你在汽車放屁事件中,救了羅斯一命。但那若真的是子彈怎么辦?你竟然救他不救我!
Joey: Ohh, you're upset because you think I chose Ross over you!
原來你是在氣這個,你以為我覺得羅斯比你重要。
Joey:No! I...knew...you could take care of yourself. You know? I mean Ross, he needs help. He's not street like us!
不是這樣的……我知道你能照顧自己。羅斯需要別人幫忙,他不像你我見過大場面。
Chandler: When it comes down to it, you would risk your life for Ross before you would for me. That's the bottom line.
話說到頭,你寧愿先去救羅斯,也不來救我。這才是重點。
Joey: Well-no, not exactly! All right, look, I, I wasn't trying to save Ross. Ok?
不完全是這樣!其實我那不是要救羅斯。
Joey:My sandwich was next to Ross. All right? I was, I-I was trying to save my sandwich.
我的三明治在羅斯旁邊,我是要救我的三明治。
Chandler: From a bullet!
怕它被槍打到?
Joey: I know it doesn't make much sense...
我知道這說來沒啥道理……
Chandler: Much sense? !
豈止沒啥道理!
Joey: Look Chandler, it was instinct! Ok? I just went for it!
錢德,那是本能反應,當下就撲過去了!
Chandler: So you risked your life, for a sandwich!
所以你冒生命危險去救三明治!
Joey: I know it sounds crazy, but Chandler, this, is, the greatest sandwich in the world!
我知道這聽起來很夸張,但這可是世界上最棒的三明治!
Chandler: So you didn't uh, choose Ross before me.
所以你并不覺得羅斯比我重要。
Joey: No! I would never do that! You-you're like my brother!
是啊,我絕對不會那樣!你就像是我的親兄弟!
Chandler: Really? !
真的?
Joey: Yeah! In fact, to prove how much you mean to me...
對,為了證明你對我的意義……
Joey: here.
給你。
Chandler: Thanks.
謝了!
Joey: No, eh, oh-oi, easy, it's not a hot dog!
輕一點,這不是熱狗!
Joey: How good is that?
是不是很好吃?
Chandler: Oh-oi-ho, yeah!
好吃!
Joey: See?
看吧!
Chandler: Hm-hmm.
嗯哼。
Joey: Oh-whoa-hey, dude, what're you doing? !
慢著,你在干嘛?
Chandler: I thought you were showing me how much I mean to you.
你在向我證明我對你的意義。
Joey: Yeah. With a bite! Gee-e-e-eez!
是啊,一口!拜托!
Rachel: Hey! Hi!
嘿!嗨!
Ross: Rach, what uh, what're you doing here?
瑞秋,你在這里干嘛?
Rachel: Hey! You know what? You are in our apartment all the time! Ok? This is, this is just a drop in the bucket mister!
你動不動就往我們的公寓跑,我這只是小小的回應,先生!
Ross: You know, it-it doesn't matter. The important thing, is that you're here. You're my friend, and you'rehere. Oh!
沒關系啦,重點是你來了。你是我朋友,而你來到了這里。噢!
Rachel: Huh. Ok, just a little scared. What's going on Ross?
好,我有一點點害怕 羅斯,你是怎么了?
Ross: Uh, the most amazing thing happened tonight. I thought my number was up. I had an actual near death experience!
今晚發生了最不尋常的事,我還以為自己要完了,我真正面臨到了瀕死經驗!
Rachel: What? ! Wh-what happened? !
什么?……怎么回事?
Ross: Ok, ok, we were on the ride-along with Gary, right?
我們不是跟蓋瑞,坐警車兜風嗎?
Rachel: Yeah!
對!
Ross: And somebody took a shot at me!
有人向我開槍!
Rachel: Wow, really? !
真的嗎?
Ross: No, a car backfired, but I thought somebody was taking a shot at me. And Rach, I...I survived! And I was filled with this-this great respect for life.
不是,是車子放屁,但我當時以為是有人對我開槍。瑞秋,我劫后余生!我的人生擁有了全新視野。
Ross: You know? I-I wanna experience every moment. I wanna seize every opportunity. I-I am seeing everythingso-so clearly now.
我要真切體驗每一刻,我要把握每一個機會。現在的一切都變得好清晰。
Rachel: Because a car backfired?
全都是因為汽車放屁?
Ross: Ok, why are you here?
好吧,你來這里干嘛?
Rachel: Well, I-I-I don't know how this fits into your whole "seizing" thing but um, Emily called you today.
我不知道這件事符不符合,你所謂的“把握今朝”,不過艾蜜莉今天打了電話給你。
Ross: You talked to her?
你跟她說了話?
Rachel: No, she left a message. But it-it kinda got erased. I mean, there's some- something wrong with your machine.
沒有,她在你電話里留言。不過留言被洗掉了,我是說,你的答錄機有問題。
Ross: Well, ok, what-what did she say?
那她說了什么?
Rachel: Well, uh, something about having second thoughts about the wedding and did you guys make a mistake breaking up and uh, she wants you to call her.
說什么對結婚的事有點反悔,說你們分手是個錯誤,她要你回電話。
Ross: Wow!
哇哦!
Rachel: Now, that-that was a good thing that I told you, right?
我跟你說這件事很對吧?
Ross: Huh? Yeah! Yes, of course!
是啊,當然是這樣!
Rachel: Ok. Thank you! Thank you! Because- all right. I'm gonna go scoot tell Monica that I was right.
謝謝你……!我要去跟莫妮卡說,我這樣做是對的。
Rachel: Because you know what? She didn't want- not important. Point is, I was right. Your decision. Ok? I was right. Your decision.
因為你知道嗎?她不希望…… 那不重要。重點是我是對的,你自己的決定。我是對的,你自己決定要不要回電。
Ross: Right. I guess, I guess I should call Emily.
對。我猜我應該回電給艾蜜莉。
Rachel: Ok, no, that's not the right decision. That's not right, that's not, no Ross, come on! I mean, that woman made you miserable! Ok, Ross, I mean, do you really wanna get back into that?
不對,你的決定不對……羅斯,你清醒一點!那個女人把你給整慘了!羅斯,你真的想要再來一次?
Ross: Ok, look, yesterday I wouldn't've even considered calling her back, but my ex-wife calls on the same day I have a near death experience. I mean, that-that's gotta mean something, right?
如果她是在昨天打來的,我壓根不會想回電。但在我面對瀕死經驗的同一天,我的前妻正好打電話來,這一定有所含意,對吧?
Rachel: Ross! That was not a near death experience! That was barely an experience!
羅斯,那不是瀕死經驗,就連經驗都談不上了!
Ross: You weren't there! Ok, maybe this is something that I-I'm supposed to seize! You know?
當時你并不在場!或許這就是我應該把握的事。
Rachel: Ok, you know what? Maybe, this is not about seizing stuff. Maybe this is about escaping stuff.
好吧,你知道嗎?或許這無關把握或是不把握,或許這是關于逃避。
Ross: Huh.
哈。
Rachel: Ok I mean, look-look today. I mean you escaped death, you know? And maybe this is a chance for you to escape getting back together with Emily.
就拿今天來說,你逃過了……死亡。或許這是你逃避的機會,不去和艾蜜莉復合。
Ross: That does make sense. Because I do wanna seize some opportunity, but I-I really don't wanna see or talk to her.
還蠻有道理的。因為我要把握住這個機會,不和她見面或聯絡。
Rachel: Well, th-there you go!
這就對了!
Ross: Yeah-ah. Yeah. Maybe today is just, close call day.
或許今天只是“差點接電話”日。
Rachel: Close call day.
“差點接電話”日。
Ross: Hey, thanks Rach.
瑞秋,謝了。
Rachel: Ohh, honey no problem. Ok.
親愛的,甭客氣。
Ross: Oh wait-wait-wait! The message is blinking. Maybe you didn't erase it.
等等……留言燈在閃,或許留言沒被洗掉。
Rachel: Oh?
哦?
Ross: "Hey Ross, it's you!" Oh yeah, no that's-that's an old message, nobody needs to hear that.
“羅斯,是你啊!”這是舊的留言,沒什么好聽的。
Rachel: Yes.
沒錯。
Ross: Hey umm, was-was Monica here?
莫妮卡有來過嗎?
Rachel: Yeah.
有啊。
Ross: Yeah, I want my money back.
要她把我的錢還來。
Rachel: Yeah, uh you-you probably need that for stamps, right?
是要用來買郵票的吧?
Ross: Hey Pheebs, has Gary ever been shot at for real?
菲比,蓋瑞有真的中過槍嗎?
Phoebe: Yes. Once. Yeah, a little. He kinda did it to himself. It's not really a good story.
有,一次。小小的一次。算是他自己打的,這不是什么好故事。
Ross: I wonder how I'd react under fire, you know? And not backfire but-but heavy fire, like if I was in a war or something.
不知道我置身戰火會怎樣?不是汽車放屁,是槍林彈雨。好比我在戰場上之類的……
Monica: Man, I would be great in a war! I mean, I really, I think I would make a fantastic military leader. I mean I know I would make general before any of you guys.
我去打仗一定很厲害,一定會是很棒的軍事領袖。跟你們這些人比起來,我一定會最先當上將軍。
Chandler: Before or after you were shot by your own troops?
在你被自己的部下槍殺前,還是之后?
Ross: I know where Joey would be. He would be down in the foxhole protecting all of us.
我知道喬伊會在哪里,他一定會在散兵坑里保護大家。
Chandler: Yes, if the foxhole was lined with sandwiches.
對,如果那個散兵坑是用三明治圍起來的話。
Joey: Yeah, hero sandwiches.
沒錯,英雄三明治。
Phoebe: Well you all know that I'm a pacifist so I'm not interested in war, in any way. But you know what? When the revolution comes, I will have to destroy you all.
你們知道我主張和平,我對什么戰爭都沒興趣。不過等到革命的那一天來臨,我一定要把你們消滅光光。
Phoebe: Not you Joey.
不是你喬伊。