Monica: Ross, when's this comet thing start?
羅斯,這個慧星什么時候會來?
Ross: Well, technically it seven billion years ago…
是這樣的,理論上來說,七百萬年前。
All: Oh no! Oh no!
哦,不!哦,不!
Ross: Okay! Okay! Fine, I'll stop! No teaching, okay? We'll just watch the pretty light streaking across the sky. Okay? Who's official name is Bapstein-King.
好吧,好吧,我不說了,不上課好吧,我們就來看那道從天空中劃過的美麗的光芒,它的學名叫作巴布斯坦王。
All: Okay! Okay!
好了!好了!
Phoebe: There it is! Oh, look at that! Isn't Mother Nature amazing?
在那兒,看那,你看大自然多神奇啊!
Chandler: That's a plane!
那是飛機。
Phoebe: Well, all right. 1700 bags of peanuts flying that high, that's pretty amazing too.
好吧,1700袋花生能飛那么高也挺神奇的。
Tag: Hey, I wonder if you can see my apartment from up here.
嘿,想飛機上能不能看到我家。
Rachel: No. No, you can't.
不,不能,看不到。
Tag: Why?
為什么?
Rachel: Oh, I don't know.
我不知道。
Ross: Man, look at all those stars! Infinite space. It really, really makes you wonder, doesn't it?
各位,看看那些星星吧!無限的宇宙實在讓人感到驚奇,對吧?
Joey: You know what else makes you wonder?
你知道還有什么讓人驚奇的嗎?
Ross: Huh?
哈?
Joey: Check out the rack on this chick!
看看那個妞的胸部!
Monica: Okay, we've been out here for two hours and we haven't seen any stupid comets. Can we go now? I mean, Chandler's getting chilly.
我們已經在外面兩個小時了,還沒看到那愚蠢的彗星,我們能走了嗎?說,錢德勒凍死了。
Chandler: No, I'm not!
不,我沒有。
Joey: Then why are you wearing Monica's jacket?
那你為什么穿著莫妮卡的外套?
Chandler: Because it's flattering! Come on Monica! Come on Monica!
因為好看,走吧,莫妮卡,走吧,莫妮卡。
Rachel: Yeah actually, I think we're gonna take off too. We rented a movie.
我想我們也得走了。我們租了一部帶子。
Phoebe: Oh! I won't say, 'no' to a movie!
哦!我不會拒絕一部片子的。
Rachel: Uh Pheebs, we just actually kinda wanted to be alone.
菲比,其實我們想單獨待在一起。
Phoebe: Shh! Get me out of here.
噓!快帶我走。
Rachel: OK.
好。
Joey: Ross!
羅斯!
Ross: What?
怎么了?
Joey: Come here, check this out!
過來看看這個!
Ross: What? Is it the comet?
是什么?慧星嗎?
Joey: No! No. Look, there's a bug stuck in tar right here.
不!不 你看這兒有只蟲子陷進瀝青。
Ross: Joey come, I can't believe, I bring you here to see the Bapstein-King comet, one of nature's most spectacular phenomenon, and all you care about are bugs stuck in tar and some woman!
喬伊,我真不敢相信,我帶你來這是為了看巴布斯坦王,大自然最美妙的奇觀之一,可你關心的卻是陷在瀝青里的蟲子還有女人!
Joey: You know, there's two women dude.
你知道,有兩個女人,老兄。
Ross: Show me where?
在哪里?
Joey: Right up here.
在那里。
Ross: Joey where's the pipe that was holding the door open?
喬伊,我們拿來頂住門的管子呢?
Joey: I don't know!
我不知道。
Joey: Yeah, I do.
我知道。
Ross: Joey!
喬伊!
Joey: What? ! All right, Hey! Don't look at me! You're the one who wanted to come up and look for some stupid Burger King comet!
怎么了,好吧,嘿!別看著我,是你非要上來看什么愚蠢的漢堡王彗星的好嗎!
Ross: It's called the Bapstein-King comet, okay? Hey! Hey! Bapstein was a very well respected astronomer!
那是巴布斯坦王慧星,好嗎?巴布斯坦是一位很受尊敬的太空人!不
Joey: Oh no! No! No!
哦!不不不!
Chandler: Monica!
莫妮卡!
Monica: She's sleeping.
她睡著了。
Chandler: I know, just quick-quick question, quick question. Which one was Deep Impact and which one was Armageddon?
我知道,就問一個簡單的問題。《慧星撞地球》是哪部《世界末日》又是哪部?
Monica: Deep Impact was the one with Robert Duval, Armageddon is what's going to happen to you if you wake me up.
《慧星撞地球》是有羅伯特·杜瓦那部。如果你再叫醒我就會知道什么叫做世界末日了。
Chandler: Sorry, I just…can't sleep. Ooh! Where is that book that you are reading with the two women who were ice-skating and wearing, Ooh! Where is that book that you are reading with the two women who were ice-skating and wearing, Because every time I look at that cover I'm like…
對不起,我只是睡不著。你看的那本書呢?封面上兩個帽子上插花的滑冰女人,每次我看到那個封面,我都會
Monica: It is in the living room where there is also a light! And no one will kick you in the shin.
在客廳里,那兒也有燈光而且沒人會踢你的小腿!
Chandler: What? !Ow!
什么?!啊!
Phoebe: Please don't be a space ship. Please don't be a space ship.
拜托請別是太空飛船,拜托請別是太空飛船。
Phoebe: Oh thank God!
感謝上帝。
Phoebe: How could you be beeping? ! I just disconnected you! I took out your battery! How can… Don't interrupt me!
你怎么可能還在嘩?!我不是把你卸下來了嗎!我把電池取出來了!你怎么…別打斷我!
Ross: Rachel! ! Monica! !
瑞秋!莫妮卡!
Joey: Come on!
來!
Ross: I can't believe this!
真不敢相信!
Joey: All right well, You know…I guess we know what we have to do to get down.
好吧,我大概知道我們應該怎么下去了。
Ross: Yeah, I guess we don't have a choice. Help us! Please help us! We're stuck up on the roof and we can't get down!
我想我們也別無選擇了。救救我們!請救救我們!我們被困在屋頂下不去了!
Joey: Ross. I was thinking we could just go down the fire escape.
羅斯。我是說我們可以順著消防梯下去。
Ross: I know, I wasn't finished. But don't worry! We're gonna go down the fire escape!
我知道,我還沒說完。但是不用擔心,我們可以順著消防梯下去!
Chandler: Shh!
噓!
Chandler: I'm sorry, I thought maybe I'd make some warm milk and it would help me sleep.
對不起,我想弄些熱牛奶可以幫助我入睡。
Monica: With a wok? I thought you were going to read my boring book to put you asleep.
用炒鍋?我以為你想看那本無聊的書來催眠。
Chandler: It got interesting! Damn you Oprah!
那書還挺有趣的。可惡的歐普拉!
Monica: Here, let me make the milk, I'm up anyway.
來吧,我來替你熱牛奶,反正我已經起來了。
Chandler: Hey, You know what we can do? You know, now that we are up? We can just like talk to each other all night long, You know like we did when we were first going out. It'd be fun!
既然我們已經起來了,你知道可以做什么嗎?我們可以秉燭夜談。像我們第一次約會時那樣,會很有趣的。
Monica: Okay that does sound like fun.
好吧,聽起來是很有意思。
Chandler: So how bummed were you when the second sister died huh?
讀到二姐死的時候真讓人難過,對吧?
Monica: The second sister dies? !
二姐死了?!
Chandler: No. No. I was talking about the book I was reading.
沒有。沒有,我是在說我看的那本書。
Monica: The second sister dies in Archie and Jughead Double Digest?
《阿契漫畫合集》里的二姐死了?
Chandler: That's correct.
對。
Rachel: You wanna go in the bedroom? It's a little more comfortable.
想到臥室里去嗎?那里舒服一點。
Tag: Sure.
當然。
Rachel: Okay. Oh wait! Umm, did you send those contracts to Milan?
哦,等等!你把那些合同寄到米蘭去了嗎?
Tag: This is your idea of sexy talk?
這是你調情的方式嗎?
Rachel: No seriously, You know the contracts I gave you, did you overnight them?
不,說真的。你知道,我交給你的合同,你把它們放過夜了?
Tag: What contracts?
什么合同?
Rachel: Okay please tell me that this is just one of your jokes that you do that I don't get.
拜托,告訴我這是你另一個我搞不懂的笑話。
Tag: Like what?
比如說?
Rachel: You know, like the thing when you put the phone in your pants? Tag! I'm serious! This isn't funny! Those contracts absolutely had to go out today!
比如說你把電話放在短褲上,泰格!我是認真的!這一點都不好玩!這些合同今天一定得寄出去!
Tag: Rach, I'm sorry, but you didn't give me any contracts!
瑞秋,很抱歉,但是你沒給過我合約。
Rachel: Yes I did! And I put a little Post-It on it that said, "Must go out today," and underlined today three times and, and then I put a little heart in the corner because I didn't want to seem to bossy.
我有,我還貼了一張即時貼,寫著"今天一定要寄出"還在"今天"下面劃了三道。我還在角落畫了一顆心,因為我不想太頤指氣使。
Tag: I'm telling you, you never gave them to me.
我說,你從來沒交給我什么合同。
Rachel: You know what Tag, if we went down to the office you would see those contracts sitting on your desk.
你知道,泰格,如果我們到辦公室去,你會看到合約就在你的辦公桌上。
Tag: No, I would see you looking embarrassed because they are not on my desk!
不,我會看到你很窘迫,因為合約不在我辦公桌上。
Rachel: Or maybe you would see me looking embarrassed because you are talking on the phone with your crotch!
也許我會,因為你用褲襠接電話,所以才看起來很窘迫。
Tag: You wanna go down to the office right now?
你想現在去辦公室嗎?
Rachel: No! Come on its late, we're not gonna go down to the office.
很晚了,我們別去辦公室了。
Tag: Okay I understand. I wouldn't want to be proved wrong either.
我理解,我也不想被證明自己是錯的。
Rachel: All right, get your coat! Oh! When did you unhook this? Nice work!
好吧,拿上你的衣服!哦!你什么時候解開的?動作真巧妙!
Joey: I won't go down any further. It's stuck.
我下不去,卡住了。
Ross: Ugh. Well, we're just gonna have to jump. Yeah. Now, we're gonna have to make sure to land to the right of that patch of ice, okay?Not hit the dumpster on the other side and uh,and try to avoid that-that weird brownish red stuff in the middle. So, when you get down there…you go up to the roof and you let me in.
好吧,我們只有跳下去。我們一定要確定著陸在那塊冰的右邊,好嗎?不要撞到旁邊的垃圾桶。試著避開中間那棕紅色的奇怪東西。當你到下面以后,你去屋頂開門讓我進去。
Joey: Oh whoa-whoa wait a minute! I have to do it? !
慢著,必須得我跳?!
Ross: Yeah! Oh yeah, you'll be fine! it'll be, just like bungee jumping. You know? But instead of bouncing back up you won't.
是的 你會沒事的!就像蹦極一樣,但你就是不會彈上來罷了。
Joey: What if I smack my head on the concrete?
要是我的頭撞到水泥地了呢?
Ross: Well, I'm gonna lie to you Joey, it's a possibility.
喬伊,我不想騙你,是有這個可能的。
Joey: I don't know Ross! I tell you what, let's flip to see who does it, okay? You call it in the air, all right?
我不知道,羅斯,聽我說,我們拋硬幣決定誰跳,好嗎?到空中再說你要哪一面,好嗎?
Ross: Oh, all right. Tails! Can you see what it is?
好吧。反面!你看得見是正面還是反面嗎?
Joey: No.
不。
Ross: Okay. Well, you be careful.
好吧,你要小心一點。
Joey: What? No! No Ross! no! Stop! I'm not jumping! Okay, look I have an audition tomorrow and I can't go if I break my leg.
羅斯,不要這樣。我不跳。我明天還有試鏡,如果摔斷腿就不能去了。
Ross: Well I'm jumping! I have a son! Okay? He won't have a father if I die!
我也不跳,我可是有兒子的人。我死了,他就沒爸了。
Joey: Well all right so, it looks like we're even!
哦,好吧,看來起我們的處境一樣的!
Phoebe: Okay. So, this wire is connected to this wire which plugs into here. Okay so, to get the beeping to stop all I have to do… Well done, Pheebs. What do you want from me? !
這條線,連著這條線,插進這里,所以要想讓它停住,就得…干得好,菲比。你想我怎么樣?!
Monica: Okay, here's your milk. What do you want to talk about?
你的牛奶來了,你想談什么?
Chandler: What? What? What?
什么?什么?什么?
Monica: Oh~Oh~ Were you sleeping sweetie? I'm sorry. Here.
你睡著了嗎?甜心,對不起,給。