Phoebe: Ok!
好的!
Monica: Come on, no peeking!
不能偷看喔!
Chandler: Our eyes are closed and we're about to cross the street. Very good.
我們閉上眼睛了然后穿過大街,呣,很好。
Phoebe: Okay, open up!
好,可以看了。
Ross: What did you want to show us? Because all I can see is this bitching van!
你要讓我們看什么?因為我們看到的只有這輛棒極了的貨車!
Phoebe: Yeah, it's for our catering business!
這是我們做宴會的專用車。
Joey: Uhh, I think I know that girl.
嘿,我想我見過那女孩。
Monica: All right, umm, we're not gonna really keep it this way though.
噢,我們不會讓它一直那樣的。
Rachel: No?
什么?
Phoebe: No, we're gonna paint over the sword, and replace it with a baguette.
我們會用棍子面包代替那劍。
Rachel: Oh! Oh my god! I think I lost my virginity in that van.
天啊,我的第一次好像就是在廂型車里。
Phoebe: And also, we don't know what to do with this.
還有這個也不知道要怎么處理。
Joey: Oh yeah, I definitely know her.
噢,現在想起來了,我肯定見過她!
Monica: Remember that guy from cooking school I told you about that put cilantro with everything?
還記得我跟你說過的,那個在廚藝學校時甭管做什么都放香菜的那人?
Phoebe: Oh sure, Cilantro Larry.
記得,香菜賴瑞嘛。
Monica: Well, I'm gonna fill in for him as food critic for the Chelsea Reporter.
我要替他代班,幫切爾西報道(沒什么人看的地區性小報紙)做美食評鑒。
Ross: Wow, Monica! What an amazing opportunity to influence...dozens of people.
莫妮卡,這可是大好機會呢!你能影響到二、三十個人呢。
Phoebe: How could you say yes, what about our catering business?
你同意了?那我們的包辦伙食生意呢?
Monica: Oh no-no, it's just one night a week, and plus I get to take all of you out for a lot of free dinners.
噢不要緊的,只是每周一晚,而且我還可以帶你們大家去吃免費晚餐。
All: Yay! !
啊!!
Phoebe: Ohhh, oh that case, Hey! That was me hopping on board.
噢,如果這樣的話?耶!我只是單腳跳一跳。
Monica: Oh.
噢。
Chandler: Hey, guys! Hey, Ross, quick question for you. Are you ready to party?
嘿,伙計!嘿,羅斯,回答我:要去舞會嗎?
Ross: I don't know, I could maybe go out for a couple of beers, but there's this thing about bumblebees on the Discovery Channel.
我不知道,我也許能出去喝點啤酒,但我打算看探索頻道的”大黃蜂“節目。
Chandler: No-no, I don't think you heard me. Are you ready to party? !
不-不,我想你沒聽清楚我說什么。要去"舞~~會~~"嗎?
Ross: Nooo! ! Gandalf? ! Gandalf is coming to town?
不會吧,甘道夫(《指環王》中的角色名)要來?
Chandler: Kathy's with her parents, I have nothing to do, so tomorrow we are partying with Gandalf dude!
Kathy要陪她爸媽,而我就沒事可干了,所以明天我們要跟Gandolf去舞會,花花公子!
Ross: Dude, we are sooo gonna party!
花花公子,我們要去舞~~會~~!
Phoebe: Wow! Ok, dude-ler! And who is this guy?
喔,好了。花花公子們注意!他是誰?
Ross: Mike "Gandalf" Ganderson, only like the funnest guy in the world.
麥克甘道夫,世界上最搞笑的人。
Chandler: I'm gonna call and get off work tomorrow!
我得打電話,明天請假!
Ross: Oh, I'm gonna call after you!
你請完我也請假!
Chandler: This is gonna be soo cool, dude, we never party anymore!
這太酷了,我們不再需要去其他什么舞會了。
Chandler and Ross: Woooo! !!
喔!!!
Monica: All right, were you guys smoking something in the back of our van?
你們是不是躲在廂型車里偷抽了大麻?
Joey: Really. And what do you mean you never have fun anymore? You have fun with me, remember that time we saw those strippers and you paid me 50 bucks to eat that book?
是啊,什么叫從來沒狂歡過 跟我在一起就很樂啊。記不記得那次:我們去看脫衣舞,然后你付了50塊因為我吃掉了那本書。
Ross: Joey, you are gonna love this guy. Gandalf is like the party wizard!
喬伊,你會喜愛這個人的。甘道夫就像是“舞會魔法師”!
Joey: Well, why-why do you call him Gandalf?
你們干嘛叫他“甘道夫”?
Ross: Gandalf the wizard. Hello! Didn't you read Lord of the Rings in high school?
甘道夫-魔法師。喂!你高中的時候難道沒看過"指環王"?
Joey: No, I had sex in high school.
沒有,在高中我倒是“嘿咻”來著。
Rachel: Oh, uh, Joanna, I was wondering if I could ask you something. There's an opening for an assistant buyer in Junior Miss. ..
喔,喬安娜,能不能請教你一點事?有一個將初級文員提升到助理采購人員的機會......
Joanna: Ok, but that would actually be a big step down for me.
不錯,但是好像對我來說是個退步。
Rachel: No, actually, I meant for me. The hiring committee is meeting people all day and...
事實上,我是說我挺合適的。招聘委員會將整天都接見有意向的人員,而且......
Joanna: Oh. Well, I wish I could say no, but I guess you can't stay my assistant forever. Neither can you Sophie, but for different reasons.
噢,我希望我能說不,但是我不能一輩子把你留在我助理的位置上。蘇菲你也不能去,但是原因就不是這個了。
Rachel: God, I am so glad that you don't have a problem with this, because if you did, I wouldn't've even considered applying.
天!我真高興你這么寬容大量!因為如果你稍有微辭的話,我就不會去報名了。
Joanna: Really? Well, in that case...
真的啊,那樣的話......
Rachel: And that's I'm so glad...there's no problem.
所以我才很高興你沒意見。沒什么問題了。
Joanna: That's fine, actually I'm on the hiring committee, so there'll be at least one friendly face.
那好吧,其實我也是招聘委員會的一員,所以你去的時候至少可以看到張熟面孔。
Rachel: Ohh! That's great!
這真是太棒了!
Joanna: You know, Junior Miss is where I started. I had to sleep with the ugliest guy to get that job.
你知道,我也是從初級文員干起的。噢,那時候我為了得到那份工作,不得不跟最丑的男人上床。
Rachel: Really? !
這樣啊?
Joanna: No-ho-ho! Yeah. I mean, no-no-no-no-no, don't you worry, I'm sure with your qualifications you won't need to sleep with some guy to get that job.
假~~嗯是真的。我是說......假的!別擔心,我可以肯定,以你的資歷,肯定不用跟男人上床來得到這份工作。
Although, I might need some convincing.
雖然我對此并不十分信服。
Rachel: Well, I, umm...
哦,我,呣......
Joanna: Kidding! God, I feel wild today!
開玩笑的!天,我今天還真有點興奮!
Chandler: Oh, man! I am so excited - I may vomit!
噢,哥們!我太激動了!我都緊張得快吐了!
Joey: Will you calm down, he's just a human guy.
你能不能冷靜點?他不過是個普通人而已。
Chandler: Look, you don't understand, Gandalf is amazing.
你不明白的,甘道夫是不同于常人的。
You know you never know what's gonna end up happening, you go out for a couple of beers and end up on a fishing boat to Nova Scotia!
你將無法知道下一步將發生什么,你開始只不過是跟他去喝兩杯,但當你醒來時你卻發現躺在加拿大Nova Scoti省的一條漁船上!
Joey: Really? !
真的?
Chandler: Oh yeah, it's beautiful country up there.
噢,是的。那兒還真是個漂亮的地方。
Ross: Hey! Ok! I got my passport, fresh socks, and a snake bite kit!
嘿!我拿了護照、干凈襪子還有蛇傷藥!
Chandler: It's not gonna be exactly like last time.
這次不會跟上次一樣,又到那去的!
Joey: All right, I'll see you guys.
好吧伙計們,過會見!
Chandler and Ross: Whoa-whoa-whoa!
喔-喔-喔!
Chandler: Whoa-wh-wh-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa!
喔-喔-喔-喔-喔!
Joey: I have an audition, but I'll definitely hook up with you later. Where are you gonna be around noon?
我有一個試聽課,但我遲點再找你們,你們中午會去哪?
Ross: Somewhere maybe along the equator?
大概不會是赤道附近吧?
Joey: Ok.
好。
Chandler: Hello. It's Gandalf! !! So, you in town? Oh-well, well maybe next time then.
你好。是甘道夫!!!那么,你到了么?噢,那么下次吧!
Ross: What happened?
怎么了?
Chandler: He's not gonna make it, he's stuck in Chicago.
他沒法來了,他被絆在芝加哥了。
Ross: Ohh, man! Chicago is sooo lucky!
要命,芝加哥真是太走運了!
Chandler: Stupid, useless Canadian money!
我還蠢得去換了這些tmd加拿大元!
Mr. Posner: You have a very impressive résumé, Ms. Green. I especially like what I see here about implementing a new filing system.
你的工作經歷還不錯,格林小姐。我認為您這里提到的文件歸檔系統非常棒。
Rachel: Thank you.
謝謝。
Joanna: Filing system? Oh-oh! You mean those-those little colored labels you put on all the folders?
文件歸檔系統?噢!就是你弄在文件夾上那些有色的標簽?
It certainly did brighten up the inside of the filing cabinets.
那倒是的確給檔案柜增色不少。
Rachel: Well, they uh, they-they did more than that.
哦,那些標簽的作用不止于此。
Mrs. Lynch: I notice that you've been entrusted with a lot of rather important responsibilities.
我注意到你被委托了不少重要的職責。
Rachel: Yes, Joanna really has been an incredible mentor to me.
哦是的,喬安娜確實是對我有知遇之恩。
Joanna: Oh. And Rachel has been really incredible in getting my morning bagel for me.
哦。瑞秋確實把每天早上給我送百吉餅這件事做得非常不錯,
It's amazing how she gets it right almost every time!
更驚人的是,她每次給的數目竟然都剛好!
Rachel: I-I-I of course, I have more responsibilities than that.
我-我-我當然,我還有其他更多的職責。
Joanna: Oh yes, well there's the coffee, too. Rachel can carry two things at once!
喔對了,還有咖啡!瑞秋可以一次就把兩樣都拿來!
Mr. Posner: That says, very good. Now, a-uh, big part of this job is cultivating personal relationships, especially with designers.
那很好。現在這個工作的很大一部分,是建立同他人的關系,特別是同設計人員。
Rachel: Yes, I realize that...
是的,我意識到......
Joanna: And Rachel shouldn't have any problem with that.
瑞秋她不會有任何問題的。
Her only problem might be getting a little too friendly, if you know what I mean.
她唯一的問題是太熱情了,如果你們知道我說的是哪方面的話。
Rachel: I love, working with designers!
我喜歡與設計人員一起工作。
Joanna: With them, under them, what's the difference? Eh, Rach?
和他們工作,和他們上床,有什么區別?哦,瑞秋?
Monica: Hey! My first review is out!
嘿!我的第一篇評論出爐了!
Phoebe: Ohh! Oh, the Chelsea Reporter, ohh, this used to keep me so warm.
哦!《切爾西報道》,我流浪的時候常拿它來蓋在身上御寒。
Monica: All right, look at them on the back page.
我的評論在反面。
Phoebe: Oh, ok! "Would I go back to Allesandro's? Sure, but I'd have to order two meals, one for me and one for the guy pointing the gun to my head."
喔,好的!"我還會再去Allesandro餐廳么?我不確定。但是如果我再去的話,我肯定會點兩份肉,一份給我,一份給那個用槍指著我的頭,逼我再到這個餐廳的人。"
Wow! You really laid into this place.
哇!你可真是在控訴這家餐廳呀!
Monica: Hey, they don't pay me a penny a word to make friends.
嘿,他們又不是付給我1元/百字來跟餐廳交朋友的。
Phoebe: Ooh, I gotta go. I found a guy who could fix up the van for catering.
喔,我得走了,我找到一個可以修咱們貨車的人。
Monica: Oh! Do you need me to go with you?
要我一起去嗎?
Phoebe: No-no, it's ok. But are we sure we don't want the waterbed? Just, you know, 'cause it would be silly to take it out if we're just gonna put it back in again.
不用了,沒關系 但你確定我們不要那張水床?如果拿下來又要放回去 那不是很蠢嗎?
Monica: Haven't we made this decision?
我們不是早就說好了?
Phoebe: Yeah, all right.
對啦,算了。
Monica: Bye!
再見!
Phoebe: Bye!
再見!
Monica: Who is it?
誰啊?
Allesandro: It's Allesandro, from Allesandro's.
這是Allesandro,就是那家Allesandro餐廳的老板。
Monica: Oh my God.
天啊。
Allesandro: I wanna talk to you about your review.
我想跟你談談你的那篇評論。
Monica: Oh my God, oh my God. Call me on the phone!
天啊,打電話給我吧。
Allesandro: What? So you could hang up on me?
好讓你掛我電話?
Monica: Look, I-I'm never gonna let you up so you may as well just go away.
你瞧,我只是讓你別放松要求,你走吧。
Allesandro: Look, just give me a chance to...
給我一個機會。
Phoebe: Hey, do you need to get in? Here you go.
你要進來嗎?請進。
Monica: No! Phoebe!
菲比,不行啦!
Phoebe: Hey, Monica!
嗨,莫妮卡!
Allesandro: I want a retraction! Our food is not inedible swill!
我要你收回你的評論!我們的菜不是無法下咽的泔水!
Monica: I couldn't eat it! I had five friends who couldn't eat it, and one of them eats books.
我根本沒法吃!而且我至少有5個朋友不會去吃那種東西,雖然他們中的一個連書都吃。
Allesandro: Well our service is not grossly incompetent.
那么,至少我們的服務不太差。
Monica: The waiter carried the breadsticks in his pants!
你們的服務員竟然用褲子拿面包!
Allesandro: Well, you said that we accept the Discover Card, which we do not!
那么這句,你說我們反對Discover Card,但我們并不是這樣的!
Monica: All right, that I'll retract. But I stand by my review, I-I know food and that wasn't it.
那么,我收回這句。但我堅持我的觀點,我知道怎么做菜,但決不是你們那樣。
Your Marinara sauce tasted like tomato juice! You should serve it with vodka and a piece of celery.
你們的意式沙拉嘗起來就像是番茄汁!你們應該加些伏特加酒與芹菜末。
Allesandro: Hey! I'm proud of that sauce, it's delicious.
嘿!我為那果汁驕傲,很美味。
Monica: Oh my God! You own an Italian restaurant and you think that tastes good? ! Where are you even from?
哦天啊!你擁有自己的意大利餐廳,但你竟然認為那樣很美味?你從哪來的?
Allesandro: Lebanon.
黎巴嫩。
Monica: Hand me those tomatoes, I'm gonna show you what it should taste like! Come on, hand it to me.
把那些西紅柿遞給我,我讓你看看該是什么味道!來,把那些遞給我。
Allesandro: How long is this gonna take? Because I got another critic I gotta go yell at.
這得花多少時間?我還得去吼下一個評論家。
Rachel: Joanna? I wanna talk about that interview.
呣,喬安娜?我想跟你談談那個面試。
Joanna: I thought it went very well.
我覺得你在面試中表現得很棒。
Rachel: No! It didn't! That's what I wanna talk to you about. Now, just to brief you...
不,它很差!那正是我想跟你說的。現在,簡單點說......
I may cry, but, they are not tears of sadness or of anger, but just of me having this discussion with you.
我要哭了,并不因為傷心和生氣,只因為我要跟你繼續下面的談話。
Joanna: Rachel, please, don't make a scene.
瑞秋,請不要這樣。
Rachel: There's nobody here!
這兒沒其他人!
Joanna: Sophie, get in here! You see? Now you're making Sophie uncomfortable!
蘇菲,你進來。看吧,你讓蘇菲尷尬了。
Sophie: She's not making me uncomfortable.
我沒有尷尬啊。
Joanna: Congratulations! You now just crossed the line into completely useless. Get out.
恭喜!你總算有點作用了。出去!
Rachel: Do you want me to quit?
你是要我辭職嗎?
Joanna: What? ! What'd make you think that?
什么?!你怎么會這么想?
Rachel: Well all of those things that you said in the interview, I mean if you believe any of them, I must not be a very good assistant.
那些你在面試時說的話。如果其中有任何一件你確是如此認為的話,那我都不是一個好助理。
You know what? I am just going to pack up my desk, and I will be gone by the end of the day!
你知道么?我正在整理我的桌子,而且今天之后我就不再在這里了!
Rachel: Well, I guess there's no use me sticking around till the end of the day!
現在,我想我沒有必要繼續賴在這里直到今天結束了。
Joanna: Wait-wait-wait-wait! You can put your sad little muffin back in its drawer.
等等-等等!你可以把那些糟糕的小松餅放回抽屜。
If you must know the truth, I didn't wanna lose a perfectly good assistant.
假如你要知道真相,那就是我不想失去個好助理。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Joanna: That's why I said all those things about your flirting, and you drinking...
這就是為什么我說你輕浮和酗酒......
Rachel: My drinking?
我酗酒?
Joanna: No, I must've said that after you left.
哦,那我一定是在你離開后說的。
Rachel: Said what? Exactly.
你到底說了什么?
Joanna: That you enjoyed the occasional drink...ing binge.
你時不時的喜歡酗酒然后狂歡。
Rachel: Oh my God! ! Ohh, that is it! I'm leaving! You are just a horrible person!
天啊,真是夠了,我走人,你這個人真的很糟糕!
Joanna: No, wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait-wait! Now If you're gonna get all sensitive about it!
不要-不要。等等-等等!!如果你真的在意這個職位的話,
I don't wanna lose you. What if I, create a position for you? I'll make you an assistant buyer in this department.
我不想失去你。如果我給你創造這么個職位怎樣?我會讓你在這部門里當個助理采購員。
Rachel: Say more things like that.
你再多說一點。
Joanna: Um, you can have your own office, and a raise! Effective tomorrow.
給你升職,讓你有自己獨立的辦公室!從明天開始。
Rachel: I'd need an expense account.
我還要公費報銷單。
Joanna: Done!
成交!
Rachel: And an assistant.
還要有助理。
Joanna: Sophie, get in here!
蘇菲,進來!