Tim: I remember the last time I saw you, it was the morning I left for college. And you were just standing outside the Dairy Queen.
我還記得最后一次看到你,在我離家去學校的那天早上,你當時站在Dairy Queen的外邊。
Monica: Just probably waiting for it to open.
我可能是在等它開門。
Tim: I gotta tell you, you look great now.
你現在好漂亮。
Monica: You look great too.
你也很帥。
Tim: You're an excellent patient!
你真是個與眾不同的病人!
Monica: So how does it look?
傷痕明顯么?
Tim: Well, you've got a little scratch on your cornea, you're gonna have to wear a patch for a couple of days.
角膜上還有點傷,你得帶個眼罩保護兩三天。
Monica: Like a pirate? !
像海盜那樣?
Tim: If that helps you.
如果你非要這么說的話。
Monica: Umm, so how long you've been working with your dad? Come on, one of us had to mention him.
你和你父親一起工作多久了?別這樣,咱倆總有一個要提起他。
Tim: I moved back here a couple of months ago.
我是2個月前搬回來的。
Monica: Big family dinner tonight?
晚上要家庭聚餐?
Tim: Uh.
額。
Monica: No way!
不是吧!
Tim: I was gonna have Thanksgiving at my girlfriend's.
我本來打算在女朋友家過感恩節的。
Monica: Oh.
哦。
Tim: But we broke up.
但我們分手了。
Monica: Oh?
啊?
Tim: She-she wasn't ready for a serious commitment.
她對戀愛本身態度并不嚴肅。
Monica: Oh. So you made her walk the plank? Guy-ah matey?
所以你把她從甲板上弄下去了是吧,水手?
Tim: You're not wearing the patch yet.
你還沒戴眼罩呢。
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Ross: He's coming here for Thanksgiving?
他要來過感恩節?
Rachel: I know, it's sick.
我覺得這樣不好。
Monica: Why is it sick?
有什么不好的?
Rachel: Because it's Richard's son! It's like inviting a Greek tragedy over for dinner!
因為他是瑞切德的兒子!簡直是把希臘悲劇故事邀請來了。
Monica: Ok if it were Greek I would be blind in both eyes. Come on I like him because he's handsome and he's nice and smart and...handsome.
如果是希臘人,我會把兩只眼睛都弄瞎,我喜歡他的英俊、體帖 聰明和,英俊。
Hey come on, Phoebe, you understand, don't you?
菲比,你了解吧?
Phoebe: Yeah, I can see why I'd be your best shot but, no. Sorry, I think it's twisted.
可以說是,但做為你好友就得說,不。對不起,但我認為你把事情弄亂了。
Ross: Yeah.
是的。
Joey: What's twisted?
什么事亂了?
Monica: Me going out with Richard's son.
我跟理查的兒子交往。
Joey: Ewwwww! ! Ew! Ew! Ew!
惡心!
Chandler: Sounds like a really bad idea to me.
聽起來是不怎么樣。
Rachel: Is he ok in there?
他在里面沒事兒吧?
Joey: He's fine!
他很好!
Ross: Hey, you know, Mon, if things worked out between you and Richard's son, you'd be able to tell your kids, that you slept with their grandfather.
要是你和Richard的兒子真的成了,你就能對你們的孩子說你和他們的祖父上過床。
Monica: Fine! Judge all you want to but, married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, fell in love with a gay ice dancer, threw a girl's wooden leg in a fire, living in a box! !
好,我會考慮你們的話,不過和女同性戀結婚,在婚禮上逃跑,迷上滑冰舞的同性戀,把女伴的腿扔進火里,住在箱子里!
Rachel: So now, what exactly is the point of the box?
那么,這個箱子是什么用意?
Joey: Chandler?
錢德勒?
Chandler: The meaning of the box is threefold. One, it gives me the time to think about what I did.
箱子的用意有三點。一、在里面好好反思我的所作所為。
Two, it proves how much I care about my friendship with Joey. And three, it hurts!
二、說明我是多么在乎和Joey的友誼。三、很不舒服!
Rachel: And-and if he stays in the box you guys would be friends again?
他關在里面,你們就能和好?
Joey: Let's just say it's a start.
這是個開始。
Ross: Oh hey! Hey uh, you remember the necklace I gave you last year? Can I see it?
記得我去年送你的項鏈嗎?可以給我看嗎?
Rachel: Why?
為什么?
Ross: I just wanna check something.
我只是想看一下。
Rachel: Ok.
好。
Ross: Now, we'll see.
等著瞧吧。
Chandler: Air hole! Air hole! !
氣孔!氣孔!
Rachel: Here it is! I love it. I wear it all the time.
在這里,我很喜歡,我常戴。
Ross: The necklace I got you was gold, this is silver.
我送的是金項鏈,這是銀的。
Rachel: Huh, well, maybe, it uh, it changed.
也許它,變了。
Ross: Oh my God! You actually exchanged it!
天哪,你真的拿去換。
Rachel: Well isn't it better that I exchanged it for something that I enjoy and that I can get a lot of use out of?
我把它換成我喜歡的,更有用的東西這樣不好嗎?
Ross: What did you get?
你換了什么?
Rachel: Credit.
銀行存款。
Monica: I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! Hi, Tim.
我來開我來開......嗨,提姆。
Tim: Hi.
嗨!
Monica: Thank you. Ok, come meet my friends. This is uh, Phoebe.
謝謝,來見我的朋友,這是菲比。
Tim: Hi, nice to meet you.
幸會。
Monica: And Joey.
這是喬伊。
Joey: Hey!
嗨。
Tim: Hi, Joey.
喬伊,你好。
Monica: My brother, Ross.
我哥哥羅斯。
Ross: Hey.
你好。
Monica: And Rachel. That's Chandler.
還有瑞秋,那是錢德勒。
Chandler: How do you do.
你好。
Tim: What's...
他怎么......
Monica: Umm, well, he's...
呃,他在......
Joey: He's doing some thinking!
他在反省。
Chandler: What happened? What happened? !
怎么了?怎么了?
Joey: You kissed my girlfriend!
你親了我的女朋友。
Rachel: Ooh, I like those sunglasses.
歐,我喜歡那些太陽鏡。
Ross: Like 'em, like 'em? Or, I'd like to get store credit for that amount like 'em?
喜歡它們?還是喜歡它們帶來的存款?
Rachel: Va' fa Napoli!
Va' fa Napoli!
Monica: All right everybody, this turkey is ready!
各位,火雞準備好了!
Tim: Where can I wash up?
哪里可以洗手?
Monica: Here, let me show you. Ok, the towels are hanging next to the sink, and umm, you can use the fancy soap.
這兒,我指給你看毛巾在水池旁邊你能用那塊特級肥皂。
Tim: Thank you.
謝謝。
Rachel: Fancy soap? I thought we were saving that for the Pope!
特級肥皂?我還以為是為教皇準備的。
Monica: See he's nice. Right?
他不錯,是吧?
Phoebe: Yeah, but Monica, do you really wanna be in a relationship where you can actually use the phrase, "That's not how your dad used to do it."
是的,不過Monica,你是否想過發展下去你就能這么說話了“你父親以前可不這么做”。
Tim: Wow! Everything looks great! Where should I sit?
看起來好好吃,我坐哪里?
Monica: I saved you a seat.
我幫你留了位置。
Rachel: Sick-sick-sick-sick.
變態變態變態變態。
Phoebe: Oh, I'll get it.
我來開門。
Chandler: Gotcha!
上當了!
Joey: That doesn't sound like thinking to me!
這不像是在為我反思!
Chandler: Sorry!
對不起!
Joey: You know I don't think you should be talking at all in there! I think you got too much thinking to do to be talking and making jokes!
我可不認為你應該說話,反思那么多事情你應該沒空說話和開玩笑!
Chandler: Ok, ok, you got it!
好,好,遵命。
Rachel: Ross, can you pass me the yams?
羅斯,把蕃薯給我好嗎?
Ross: Sure! Oh, and Joey's got the mashed potatoes if you want to exchange them.
當然!喬伊還有土豆泥,如果你想和他換的話。
Rachel: Will you stop? ! What is the matter with you? !
別說這個了好嗎?你到底怎么了?
Monica: Oh-ho-ho, we've got company.
我們有同伙了。
Ross: There's nothing the matter with me. See, I'm not completely devoid of sentiment, see, I have feelings.
我沒什么事兒,可我不缺乏情感,我有感受的。
Rachel: Ok, fine.
好,很好。
Chandler: You can't tell, but I'm trying to break the tension by mooning you guys!
你們都啞巴了吧,我在這兒來緩解一下氣氛。
Joey: All right, look! If this is just a big joke to you, then forget about it, all right? ! This means something to me!
如果這對你來說是個玩笑,那么把它忘了吧,好嗎?這對我不是玩笑。
And if it doesn't mean anything to you, then you should get out of there, otherwise you're just an idiot in a box!
你要是覺得無所謂,那你馬上走,除非你是個愿意呆在箱子里的傻瓜。
Chandler: You're right, I'm sorry! This-this means a lot to me! I want you to be my friend again! I swear, I won't say another word tonight.
你說的對,我錯了!這事對我很重要,我要讓你重新成為我的朋友,我發誓,今晚不再說一個字了。
Joey: So are you gonna start taking this thing seriously?
那么你打算嚴肅對待了?
Chandler: Absolutely!
沒錯!
Joey: That sounds like another word to me! Are you gonna take this seriously? Ok.
又說話了!你打算嚴肅對待了嗎?好。
Rachel: Don't say that I have no sentiment! This is a movie stub from our first date!
不要說我沒有情感,這電影票根是我們第一次約會時的。
This is an eggshell from the first time you made me breakfast in bed!
蛋殼是你第一次為我做早點時的。
This is from the museum the first time we...were together.
這個是從博物館拿的第一次我們,在一起的時候。
Ok, maybe I exchange gifts sometimes, but I keep the things that matter!
也許我是常把禮物換掉但我留下了有意義的!
Ross: I don't know what to say, I'm sorry. Though, you're not supposed to take these.
不知道該說什么好,對不起。不過,你不該把這個拿走。
It's like a million years old, we, we actually, we have people looking for that.
它有差不多百萬年的歷史事實上,我們還派人去找過。
Tim: Hey...mind if I smoke?
我可以抽煙嗎?
Monica: Care if I die? No. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. Go ahead and smoke. Ooh, this always happens.
擔心我會死嗎?開玩笑的,你抽吧。老是會卡住。
Tim: Here, let me help.
讓我來。
Monica: Thank you.
謝謝。
Tim: You-you have a very beautiful...eye.
你的眼睛,很漂亮。
Monica: You know all my friends think this is weird.
我朋友都覺得這樣很怪。
Tim: Even the one in the box?
包括箱子里那個?
Monica: It's not weird, is it?
這樣不會很怪吧?
Tim: You know I-I thought it was gonna be weird, I mean I almost called and canceled, but it really isn't.
我也這么想過,我甚至要打電話說我不來了,但是事實上挺好。
Monica: I know! I mean it's like me and your dad, that's a totally separate thing.
我的意思是咱們現在和我與你父親的過去完全是兩碼事。
Tim: Oh, I totally agree.
我完全同意。
Monica: I mean, we're just two people who find each other very attractive. Right?
我們只是兩個喜歡上對方的人對嗎?
Tim: What?
怎么了?
Monica: Nothing. Nothing.
沒事,沒事。
Tim: No-no really, was-was that not ok?
真的,吻的不好?
Monica: No-no-no that was good, it was, that was uh, that was a goood kiss...
不不不,很好那是個,呃,甜蜜的吻......
Tim: Oh my God! It didn't remind you of...
天哪!它讓你想到......
Monica: Oh don't say it!
別說了!
Tim: No, but it did! Didn't it? !
但是有,對吧?
Monica: Yeah!
對!
Tim: Oh man! !
哦,天啊!!
Monica: I know!
我知道!
Monica: Oh my god. I am sorry, I am. .so sorry.
對不起,我真的很抱歉。
Tim: It's ok. I mean, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a little emotional scarring.
沒關系,少了感情糾葛就不叫感恩節。
Monica: Oh. You know what's even worse? My friends were right.
更糟的是,我朋友說得對。
Tim: You know what the worst thing is for me, is that you actually remind me of a younger version of...my mom.
最糟的是,我覺得你就像年輕的我媽。
Joey: I'll get it.
我來開。
Kathy: Oh.
哦。
Joey: Hey.
嘿。
Kathy: Hey. Listen, I want you to know how sorry I am...
聽著,我真的很抱歉......
Joey: That's ok. Chandler's the one I'm mad at so-
沒關系,我氣的是錢德。
Kathy: Well, I'm-I'm still sorry. Is he here?
我還是很抱歉,他在嗎?
Joey: In the box.
在箱子里。
Kathy: Chandler?
錢德勒?
Phoebe: Oh, he-he can't talk right now.
哦,他現在不能說話。
Kathy: Why not? What's going on?
為什么?怎么了?
Phoebe: Well he's-he's trying to show Joey how much he means to him.
他想表示他很重視喬伊。
Kathy: By being in a box?
所以窩在箱子里?
Rachel: Joey had reasons.
喬伊有他的理由。
Phoebe: They were threefold.
有三重意義。
Kathy: Oh. Well uh, you not being able to talk might actually make this, easier. Listen umm...
你不能講話,這樣倒也好,聽著......
Kathy: Listen, I don't wanna be someone who comes between two best friends.
我不想當一個攪亂兩個好朋友的人。
I just, I can't stand seeing what this is doing to you guys, and I don't wanna be the cause of that.
我真不忍心看到會發生在你們身上的事情,也不想是因為我。
So, I don't think we can see each other anymore. I'm gonna go to my mom's, in Chicago, I'm gonna stay there for a while.
所以,我想我們還是不要見面了,我要去我媽媽家,在芝加哥,待一陣子。
Kathy: I think this could've be something really amazing, but you know this is probably for the best. You know?
這么做是讓人感到驚訝,但你知道這樣是最好的解決辦法你知道么?
Kathy: I'm gonna miss you. Goodbye, Chandler.
我會想你的,再見,錢德勒。
Joey: Open the box! !
打開箱子吧!!
Rachel: What? !
什么?
Joey: He can still catch her! Come on, get out of there! Get outta there!
他還追得上她,快出來啦。
Chandler: So?
所以?
Joey: Yeah, we're gonna be fine! Get out!
我們沒事啦,出來啦。
Chandler: Yeah?
真的?
Joey: Yeah, you did some real good thinking in there.
對,你好好反省過了。
Chandler: Man, this is...
哥們,這......
Joey: Now go! 'Cause you can still catch her! And Merry Christmas from your Secret Santa!
趕緊走!你還能追上她!圣誕快樂!
Joey: All right, who got Chandler? 'Cause I uh, need to trade.
誰抽到錢德?我要換。
Rachel: Oh, he sees her!
他看到她了。
Monica: Oh, he's catching up to her!
他在追她。
Phoebe: Oh, she sees him! Oh, they're hugging!
她看見他了!他們抱在一起了!
Ross: He's taking her purse!
他在拿她的錢包!
Joey: Uhh, that's not them. I'm gonna go call the police.
不是他們,我得去叫警察。
Phoebe: Oh, there they are!
他們在那兒!
Phoebe: All right, get a room.
快去開房間吧。