Joey: Hello.
喂。
Chandler: Hey, it's me. I know you can't stand to be in the same room as me, so I just thought I'd try and apologize over the phone. All...
嘿,是我。我知道你是不愿意和我一起住了但我還是想在電話里給你道歉。我......
Joey: Hello.
喂。
Chandler: Look I never should've kissed your girlfriend, and I'm...
我的確不應該去吻你的女朋友,但我......
Joey: Stop calling! !
別再打來了。
Voice: Hey! Hey! Hey! This is 92.3, WXRK, K-Rock calling for our $1,000 daily challenge.
這兒是92.3,WXRK來挑戰我們每日的1000美元大獎吧。
Joey: All right!
好啊!
Voice: What is the name of your roommate who is very, very sorry and would do anything...
請問你那位非常抱歉,愿意為你做任何事的室友叫什么名字?
Joey: Damn it Chandler! Stop calling!
可惡!錢德,別再打來了。
Ross: Joey-Joey, it's Ross.
喬伊,我是羅斯。
Joey: Oh. Sorry man.
哦,對不起。
Ross: That's all right.
沒關系。
Joey: What's up?
什么事?
Ross: Uh-not much. Uh I got, I got Chandler here and he's really really sorry-.
也沒什么,錢德在我這邊,他非常非常抱歉......
Chandler: Aww, turkey! Aww, giving thanks! Aww!
啊,火雞!啊,感恩!啊!
Phoebe: Look everyone, it's the spirit of Thanksgiving!
看啊,這正是感恩節的真諦。
Rachel: So are things with you and Joey any better?
你跟喬伊好一點了嗎?
Chandler: They couldn't be worse. I spent eight hours calling him last night, just trying to get him to talk to me.
糟糕透了,昨晚我給他撥了八個小時的電話想讓他和我說話。
Rachel: Oh, wow, eight hours? So you could probably really use one of those plug-in telephone headsets huh?
八個小時?那你一定用的著那種配在電話上的小耳機?
Ross: Should we all expect Christmas gifts that can be stolen from your office?
你給我們的圣誕禮物就只能是你從辦公室里偷來的小玩意么?
Rachel: You shouldn't.
沒你的份。
Phoebe: Speaking of Christmas, umm since Monica and I are starting a new business and have like no money, umm, this year maybe we could do Secret Santa, and then we each only buy one gift.
說到圣誕節,莫妮卡和我剛開始新的生意沒什么錢。今年可以來個秘密的圣誕,我們每人就買一個禮物。
And-and there's the added mystery of you know, who gets who.
這樣還多了個神秘感看誰送給誰。
Ross: Who gets whom. I don't know why I do that. But it is correct.
誰送給誰,我不知道為什么這么做。但是也合理。
Monica: . Hey, what's this? What, it's all of your names. Let's pick!
這是什么?是你們的名字!來抽吧!
Joey: Hey what's going...
你們在......
Everybody: No Joey! ! Stay!
喬伊,不要走。
Monica: Joey come on! We're picking names for Secret Santa.
喬伊,快來,我們要抽簽送禮物。
Joey: Ok. I invented Secret Santa. You know?
好啦,“秘密圣誕老人”是我發明的,你們知道嗎?
Rachel: What are you laughing at? You're the one who said Die Hard was your idea.
你笑什么?你也說過《虎膽龍威》是你的構想。
Ross: It was! Don't make me show you the napkin!
本來就是,別逼我把紙巾拿出來。(意即這也是他的創意)
Rachel: Well, I'm gonna take a nap, turkey makes me sleepy.
我得睡一會火雞讓我感到困了。
Monica: We haven't eaten yet!
我們還沒吃那。
Rachel: I know, but all that work you're doing to get it ready, And I just...
我知道,但你們一直在準備,那我就......
Chandler: Hey, by any chance did either of you pick uh Rachel for your secret Santa, 'cause I wanna trade for her.
你們誰打算送給瑞秋?因為我想送她個禮物。
Phoebe: I picked her! Oh thank God you want her! Ooh!
我選的她,謝天謝地你想要給她。
Chandler: Wow! Why do you wanna get rid of her so badly?
為什么你這么不想送她禮物?
Phoebe: Because she exchanges every gift she ever gets, it's like impossible to get her something she likes. Come on, let's trade!
因為她老是把她得的禮物拿去換了根本沒法送給她她想要的東西來吧,咱倆換換!
Chandler: Oh that's not true! That's not true! I got her that backpack and she loved it!
不會的,不會的,她很喜歡我送她的那個背包的。
I remember how much she was crying the day that big dog ran off with it...
我還記得背包被那只大狗叼走的時候她哭的多傷心。
Oh, there was no big dog. All right this sucks 'cause I already got her this briefcase, and I had R.G. put on it...Her initials...
原來沒有什么大狗不管這個了。我已經給她買了個皮包還在上面印上了R.G,她名字的首字母。
Phoebe: Ohh. Ok, I'm really bad at initials.
我很不會認縮寫。
Monica: Wow! You got your shopping done early this year.
你今年禮物買得真早。
Chandler: Yeah well my Camel Cash was about to expire so...
我的駱駝香煙的兌獎卷快過期了,所以......
Monica: Maybe you can give it to somebody else. Ooh, like Ross Geller.
也許你可以送給別人,像羅斯蓋勒。
Chandler: Aw, you know what though, it's kind of a girlie briefcase.
那是個女用公事包。
Monica: Who cares? He works in a museum!
那又怎樣,他在博物館上班。
Chandler: Hey, what time is it? The big game is about to start!
現在幾點?球賽要開始了。
Phoebe: You don't have to do that, Ross and Joey aren't here, you can watch the parade if you want.
不必裝了,羅斯喬伊不在,你可以看游行。
Chandler: Thanks.
謝了。
Monica: What is wrong with this freezer? ! Ow! Oowah! !
冷凍室出什么毛病了,嗷!嗷!
Phoebe: God, what happened? !
怎么了?
Monica: Oh my God, ice just got in my eye!
天啊,冰渣進我眼睛了!
Rachel: People are trying to sleep in here!
這里有人要睡覺。
Chandler: Monica got ice in her eye, and it hurts.
莫妮卡的眼睛被冰扎到很痛。
Phoebe: Open it up, let me see.
睜開,讓我看看。
Monica: Oh, you know what, I can't, it really kills.
不行,太疼了。
Chandler: Well maybe you should put some ice on it.
那或許該放些冰塊在上面。
Phoebe: Ooh, God, it looks bad.
看上去很嚴重。
Rachel: Honey, maybe we should take you to a doctor.
我們該帶你去看醫生。
Monica: No, my eye doctor is Richard! I can't go to him when I don't have a boyfriend!
我的眼科醫生是瑞切德!我不能去找他,除非我有男朋友。
Chandler: He's really picky about his patients.
他對他的病人還真挑剔。
Phoebe: Ok, you've gotta go. What's his office number?
你必須得去,他辦公室電話號碼是多少?
Monica: Like I remember his office number! Speed dial 7.
好像我記得似的!快捷鍵7。
Phoebe: Hi! Yeah, I'm calling on behalf of Monica Geller's eye, and is um, is Richard Burke in today? He's out of town, but does she wanna see the on call doctor?
我在代表莫妮卡的眼睛說話,Richard Burke今天值班么?他出城了,那她愿意見其他醫生么,隨叫隨到的?
Monica: Yes! !
好的!
Phoebe: Yes! She's very excited about that. Ok we'll be right in.
好,她聽到這個非常興奮,我們馬上過去。
Chandler: Ok, so, uh, who's gonna-who's gonna take her in?
誰要帶她去?
Rachel: I'll go. You can watch the parade.
我去,你去看游行。
Phoebe: So cool, 'til Monica gets back, it's like I'm head chef and I get to make all the decisions.
太酷了,莫妮卡回來之前我就是主管,所有決定都由我來做。
Ross: Hey-hey, I thought she told you to follow the recipe exactly!
嘿—嘿,我想她跟你說了讓你按照食譜來。
Phoebe: Ok, get out of my kitchen!
滾出我的廚房!
Chandler: All right! Ok! I think I am making some progress with Joey, when I went into the apartment he went straight into his bedroom but he only slammed the door once!
我想我和喬伊之間取得進展了。我進房的時候,他徑直回他的臥室但他只摔了一下門。
I mean yeah, he gave me the finger while doing it.
摔門的時候,對我比了中指。
Phoebe: All right I...I gotta call my mom and ask her a left-handed cooking question.
我得問我媽左手烹飪的問題,
I'm gonna be in there Awh, while I'm gone. Chandler, you're in charge!
我要進房里去,我不在的時候,錢德,你負責。
Ross: So listen, ah, I picked Monica for Secret Santa, but I'm already getting her something for Chanukah, I was wondering if you wanna switch.
我選了送莫妮卡東西,但我在光明節送過她了。你和我換換?
Chandler: Oh you know what, I was already trying to trade for ah, well, you.
知道么,我是想要送給你。
Ross: Really? ! Wow! That's-that's so nice, what-what're you gonna get me?
真的?真好,你要送我什么?
Chandler: I don't know R.G. , I was thinking something girlie for your office.
我不知道,R.G。本來想給你個辦公室里用的女式用品。
Ross: Yeah, well maybe Phoebe will switch with me.
也許菲比會跟我換。
Chandler: Oh no-no-no, you don't wanna do that, then you're gonna get stuck with Rachel and she exchanges every gift she ever gets.
不,不,別去。不然你和瑞秋就麻煩了她總是把得到的禮物拿去換。
Ross: Oh, that's not true! I got her lots of stuff she never took back.
不可能,我送了她很多東西她都留著的。
Chandler: Like?
比如?
Ross: Like uh, that gold necklace I got her last year.
像我去年送她的金項鏈。
Chandler: When was the last time you saw her wear it?
比如,那個金項鏈,我去年送她的。
Ross: Well, she wore it all Christmas day, and then uh...
她圣誕節整天都戴著,然后......
Chandler: Big dog?
大狗?
Ross: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: What're you doing?
你在干什么?
Joey: I'm sending back all this stuff that Chandler bought out of guilt.
把錢德因內疚買的東西退回去。
Ross: Everything? Even the TV?
全部?包括電視?
Joey: No! I'm putting that in my room.
不!我把它放在我房間里了。
Ross: Listen, Joey, uh, I know what he did was wrong but don't you think you could at least hear the guy out?
聽著喬伊,我知道他做的不對,但你不能聽聽他解釋么?
Joey: Back when you and Rachel were together, if Chandler had kissed her, would you hear him out?
話說回來,當你和瑞秋在一起時要是錢德吻了她,你會聽他解釋嗎?
Ross: It's a good point. So uh, how long are you gonna punish him?
有道理,你準備懲罰他多久?
Joey: Five years.
五年。
Ross: You've sentenced him? !
你還判了刑?
Joey: Hey! Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
嘿,若要人不知,除非己莫為。
Ross: Joey, the guy's your best friend.
他是你最要好的朋友。
Joey: No, was, my best friend. Anyway, I don't know why you're pushing for him so hard.
不,曾經是而已。不知道你為啥要替他說話。
With him out of the way as my best friend, there's a spot open.
他不再是我最好的朋友了。那就有另外的人來當了。
Ross: Oh, who? Me?
誰?我?
Joey: Yeah!
當然!
Ross: Wow! I am honored! You know what I'm gonna do as my first act as your best friend?
我真榮幸,你知道我作為朋友首先要做什么?
Joey: What?
什么?
Ross: I'd get you to talk to Chandler.
拉你去跟錢德說話。
Joey: All right. But if you weren't my best friend.
好吧。你如果不是我最好的朋友的話。
Kathy: Oh my God, is it really that bad?
天哪,真的那么嚴重?
IChandler: I walk into a room and he won't even talk to me, he just mumbles something in Italian. And I know he only knows the bad words.
我回房間他都不和我說話,他只是用意大利語在嘟囔,也只有他才懂那些罵人的詞兒。
Kathy: I am so so sorry. I feel responsible.
真對不起,都是我不好。
Chandler: It's not your fault.
不是你的錯。
Joey: Hey Gunther, have you uh, have you seen Chandler?
甘瑟,你有看見錢德嗎?
Gunther: I thought you were Chandler. But umm, one of you is over there.
我一直以為你是錢德,你們其中一個在那邊。
Kathy: Oh.
噢。
Chandler: Hey Joe.
嗨,喬伊。
Joey: va' fa Napoli!
(意大利語)
Doctor: I'll be right with you. Ok? Thanks for coming in.
請稍等一下,好嗎?謝謝你過來。
Monica: Oh my God! How cute is the on call doctor?
天哪,這個候診醫生真帥。
Rachel: Ooh, so cute, that I'm thinking about jamming this pen into my eye.
是夠帥,我都想把鋼筆扔進我眼睛里了。
Rachel: You have the best luck with eye doctors!
你的眼科醫生緣真好。
Monica: I know!
我知道。
Nurse: Dr. Burke will see you know.
柏克醫生可以見你了。
Monica: Oh no-no, no, not Dr. Burke. Dr. Burke is out of town. The the on call doctor will see me now.
不不,Burke醫生出城去了,現在我要看的是另一個醫生。
Nurse: Dr. Richard Burke is out of town. Dr. Timothy Burke, his son, will see you now.
Richard Burke醫生是出城了,但要給你看病的是Timothy Burke,他的兒子。
Dr. Timothy Burke: Ready?
準備好了嗎?
Chandler: Hey! I'm sorry! That- where are you going?
嘿!我很抱歉,那是......你要去哪里?
Joey: My folks.
我爸媽家。
Chandler: Oh, uh, when-when're you coming back?
什么時候回來?
Joey: I don't know. I might stay there for a few days while I look for an apartment.
不知道,在家待一段時間,去找個新房子住。
Chandler: What? !
什么?
Joey: Yeah, you know uh, at first I thought we could talk about this you know, work it out, but uh, seeing you two together I don't uh...
起初我還以為咱倆能就此事談談,然后和好,但一看到你倆在一起,我就......
Chandler: Hey, look, what do you want me to say? Do you want me to say that I'll stop seeing her?
那你想讓我說什么?你想讓我說我不會再去見她?
Joey: Look, it's not about her. Ok? But seeing you two together just reminds me what you did.
跟她無關,好嗎?一看到你倆就讓我想起你的所作所為。
And I don't wanna live with someone who doesn't know what it is to be a friend. So, I'll see you.
我不會和一個不知道怎么去做別人朋友的人住在一起,那我告辭了。
Chandler: Hey, look, I know, what it is to be a friend, I just-I screwed up!
我知道怎么去當一個朋友,我只是,只是沒做到。
Joey: Yeah! You did! And that's why I'm leaving.
是沒做到,所以我要搬走。
Chandler: All right look, if you're not gonna stay for me, then at least stay for them!
你不為我留下來至少為它們留下來。
Ok, they have had a very difficult year! What with the robbery and all! And that chick used to be very cute!
它們這1年很不順,還被搶。小雞本來很可愛的。
Joey: When that guy was robbing us, and I was locked in the entertainment unit for like six hours, you know what I was doing in there all that time? I was thinking about how I let you down!
那個家伙在搶我們東西的時候,我被鎖在柜子里達6個小時。你知道我當時在干嘛嗎?我是在想我多么的對不起你。
Chandler: Wow.
哇哦。
Joey: Yeah! But if I would've know what kind of friend you were gonna turn out to be, I wouldn't've worried about it so much! See you around!
但要是早知道你是這種所謂的朋友我才不會那樣做,再見!
Chandler: All right, wait! Come on! Just wait one second! There has to be something that I can do! Something!
等等,就等一下。再給我個機會。
If we still had that entertainment unit I would get in it for six hours and think about how I let you down.
要是還有那個柜子,我寧愿在里面待上6個小時,在里面想我是怎樣的對不起你。
Chandler: What?
什么?
Joey: We got a box.
我們有一個箱子。