Monica: Hi. Six dollars, please. Six? I just had it for one night. It's three.
嘿。 六塊錢。 六塊?我才租了一個晚上。是三塊錢。
Clerk: Eight o'clock is the cut off and, aww, it's 8:02.
八點鐘結算,現在八點兩分了。
Monica: You know, in a weird way, you have too much power. Look, you're gonna have to help me out here, because I only have three.
不知道為什么,你的權力好像太大了。你得幫幫我,我只有三塊錢。
Richard: I can help with that.
我可以幫忙。
Monica: Oh my God. Richard? Hi! Hi!
我的天,理查?嘿! 嘿!
Monica: Wow! Your lip went bald. Hey, thanks.
你的胡子刮掉了。謝謝。
Richard: So, you look great.
你氣色很好。
Monica: Right.
是啊。
Richard: No you do. You just...you... What? You've got panties stuck to your leg.
不,真的 你 什么? 你的內褲黏在腿上了。
Monica: That's because I I was just grabbing some things out of the dryer, and its static cling. Or, maybe it's just that God knew I'd be running into you and saw an opportunity.
我剛才從烘干機里拿出衣服,這是靜電。也許老天爺知道我會碰到你,覺得這是個機會。
Richard: It's good to see you. It's good to see you too.
見到你真高興。 我也是。
Monica: So you see that guy? He's in classics now, but you know as soon as we leave he's going straight to the porn.
看到那家伙沒有?他現在看的是經典巨片,不過等我們一走,他就馬上去逛色情片。
Richard: He's gonna go up to the counter with Citizen Kane, Vertigo, and Clockwork Orgy. This is nice. I missed this. Yeah.
到時候他會租“公民凱恩” 、“迷魂記”和“發條縱欲”。這樣真好。我好懷念這種時光。 我也是。
Richard: 'Scuse me. Uh, we're gonna be here for a while. So why don't you just go back there?
很抱歉,我們還要在這里待久一會兒,所以你直接去那里就行了。
Monica: Yeah, we're not judging.
是的,我們不會審判你的。
Richard: So, you wanna get a hamburger or something?
想一起吃個漢堡什么的嗎?
Monica: Oh, um, I don't know if that's a good idea. Oh. Look, just friends, I won't grope you. I promise.
我不知道這樣好不好。 只是朋友嘛。我保證不會對你毛手毛腳。
Monica: Yeah, I ju I think it's, too soon. No it's not too soon, I had lunch at a eleven.
我覺得太快了。 不會太快,我十一點吃的午餐。
Chandler: Yeah, baby!
好啊!
Ross: What're you doing? Making chocolate milk. You want some?
你在做什么? 巧克力牛奶,想喝嗎?
Ross: No thanks. I'm 29.
不,謝了,我已經29歲了。
Rachel: Oh my God, I gotta go to work!
我的天,我得上班了。
Ross: Oh sweetie, what time do you think you're gonna get off tonight?
你今晚幾點下班?
Rachel: Oh I don't know honey. It could be really late.
可能會很晚。
Ross: Oh come on, not again.
拜托,怎么又這樣?
Rachel: I know. I'm sorry. Look, I'll make a deal with you ok? Hmm.
我知道,對不起。我們商量一下好嗎? 嗯。
Rachel: For every night that you're asleep before I get home from work... Yeah. I will wake you up in a way that's proved very popular in the past.
只要你在我回家以前睡著 對。 我就用你以前很喜歡的方法把你喚醒。
Ross: Now, if you need to stay late, I wanna be supportive of that.
如果你要加班,我很愿意支持你。
Phoebe: Hi. Hey.
嘿。 嗨。
Joey: Look at you. Since when do you rollerblade?
看,你什么時候開始溜冰了?
Phoebe: Oh! Since tomorrow. I met this really cute guy in the park and he like you know, jogs, and blades, and swims, and so, you know we made a deal, he's gonna, teach me how to do all sorts of jock stuff.
明天。我在公園遇到一個帥哥。他是慢跑、溜冰和游泳高手,我們說好了。他要教我各種運動。
Ross: And what are you gonna do for him? I'm gonna let him. Ok. Cool.
那你要如何回報他? 我會讓他達到目的。 好吧。 很好。
Monica: Morning. Hey.
早安。 嗨。
Rachel: Somebody got in late last night.
有人昨晚很晚才回來哦。
Monica: Yeah well, I, ran into Richard. What?
這個嘛,我碰到理查了。 啥?
Rachel: When did this happen? Oh, um, around 8:02. We ah, talked for a little while, and then um, we went out for an innocent burger.
什么時候的事? 大概八點零二分。我們聊了一會兒,然后一起吃了個單純的漢堡。
Phoebe: Oh, there's no such thing as an innocent burger.
沒有所謂“單純的漢堡”。
Ross: Why, are you gonna see him again? Tomorrow night.
你還會跟他見面嗎? 明天晚上。
Rachel: Monica, what're you doing?
莫妮卡,你這是在干什么?
Chandler: Well, she spent the last six months getting over him, and now she's celebrating that by going on a date with him.
她花了六個月才忘記他,現在她慶祝的方式 就是跟他約會。
Monica: It's not a date, ok? I'm just gonna teach him how to make lasagna for some potluck dinner he has.
這不是約會,好嗎?我要教他做意大利面,他要在家里請客。
Joey: Well, you might wanna make a little extra, because, you know, you'll probably be hungry after the sex.
最好多做一點,做愛之后會很餓。
Monica: We're not gonna have sex! Ok, nothing's changed here. He still doesn't want children and I still do, so that's why we're just gonna be friends.
我們不會上床。一切如舊。他還是不要孩子,我還是想要孩子。所以我們只能當朋友。
Ross: Naked friends.
赤裸的朋友。
Rachel: Hey. Hey.
嗨。 嗨。
Rachel: Do you have any ice? Check the freezer. If there's none in there, then we're probably out. Are you just getting in from work? It's late.
你有冰嗎? 打開冰箱看看。如果沒有,那大概就是用完了。
Rachel: Yeah, I know. I had the greatest day though, I got to sit in on the meeting with the reps from Calvin Klein.
你剛下班嗎?很晚了。我知道,不過今天實在太棒了。我和卡文克萊的銷售代表開會。
I I told my boss I liked this line of lingerie, she ordered a ton of it. How was your day?
我看中一款性感內衣,我老板就訂了一噸,你呢?
Joey: I discovered I'm able to count all of my teeth using just my tongue.
我發現我可以光用舌頭數完所有牙齒。
Rachel: Hmm. Umm, why do you have a copy of The Shining in your freezer?
你把一本“閃靈” 放在冰箱干嘛?
Joey: Oh, I was reading it last night, and I got scared, so...
我昨晚越看越害怕,就
Rachel: But ah, you're safe from it if it's in the freezer?
把書放進冰箱你就安全了嗎?
Joey: Well, safer. You know, I mean I never start reading The Shining, without making sure we've got plenty of room in the freezer, you know.
至少安全一點。我每次看書的時候,都先確定冰箱里有地方放。
Rachel: How often do you read it?
你常??催@本書嗎?
Joey: Haven't you ever read the same book over and over again?
你從不把一本書一看再看嗎?
Rachel: Well, umm, I guess I read Little Women more than once. But I mean that's a classic, what's so great about The Shining?
“小婦人”我看了好幾次。那是經典作品。“閃靈”哪里好看?
Joey: The question should be, Rach, what is not, so great about The Shining.
你應該問,“閃靈”有哪里不好看?
Ok? And the answer would be: nothing. All right? This is like the scariest book ever. I bet it's way better than that classic of yours.
好嗎?答案是“沒有”,知道嗎?這是有史以來最恐怖的書。一定比你的經典作品好看。
Rachel: Ok. Ah, well, we'll just see about that, ok? I will read The Shining, and you, will read Little Women.
我們走著瞧,好嗎?我看“閃靈” 你看“小婦人”。
Joey: All right, you got it. All right. Ok. Ok.
好,沒問題。 沒問題。 行。 行。
Joey: Ah, now Rach, these ah, these little women. Yeah.
瑞秋,這些小婦人。 嗯。
Joey: How little are they? I mean, are they like scary little?
到底有多???會不會小得很恐怖?
Chandler: You know I love this fabric. I think I'm gonna have a suit made out of this.
知道嗎,我喜歡這種面料。我想我應該用這種面料做身衣服。
Phoebe: Oh, Chandler, Ross, this is Robert. Oh, hey. Hi. Hey.
哦,錢德、羅斯,這是勞勃。 哦,嘿。 嘿。 嘿。
Phoebe: You've have lipstick right here. Um, that's ok, it's mine, we just kissed. Oh.
你這里沾了唇膏。沒關系,那是我的唇膏。我們剛才接吻了。 哦。
Chandler: So isn't it ah, a bit cold out for shorts?
穿短褲有點冷吧?
Robert: Well, I'm from California.
我是加利福尼亞人。
Chandler: Right, right. Sometimes you guys just burst into flame.
對,有時候你們加利福尼亞人會自燃。
Chandler: I'm up! I'm up, I've gotten up now! Anybody ah, want anything?
我起來了!我起來了。有人要什么嗎?
Phoebe: I'll have coffee. Yeah, me too.
我要咖啡。 我也是。
Ross: Yeah, make that three.
三杯吧。
Chandler: Ok, Ross, why don't you come with me?
羅斯,跟我來。
Ross: Ok. What ah, what is the matter with you? What's going on?
怎么了?怎么回事?
Chandler: Robert's coming out.
勞勃快出來了。
Ross: What, what do you mean, what? Is he gay?
什么意思?他是同性戀?
Chandler: He's coming out of his shorts.
他就快從短褲里掉出來了。
Ross: What? !
什么?
Chandler: The man is showing brain.
這家伙暴露重要部位。
Ross: Are you sure? Hold on. I'm sorry you guys, that was a coffee and a...
你確定?等一下。對不起。你們點的是咖啡和
Robert: Coffee. Ok. We could write it down for you? No, no, that won't be ah, that won't be necessary.
咖啡。 對了。 我們可以寫下來。 不,不用了。
Chandler: Wellll? Yeah, yeah, yeah!
怎么樣?好!
Chandler: What do we do? What do we do?
我們該怎么辦?
Ross: Well, I suppose we just, try to not look directly at it.
我想只能盡量不要用正眼看。
Chandler: Like an eclipse.
就像日食一樣。
Richard: So when people compliment me on my cooking tonight, what do I say?
如果今晚有人稱贊我的手藝,我該怎么說?
Monica: Uh you say 'Thank you very much,' and then you buy me something pretty. Come on, we're gonna put our hands in this bowl, and we're gonna start squishing the tomatoes.
你說“多謝夸獎”。然后給我買漂亮禮物。來,我們把手放進這個碗里,然后開始把番茄壓碎。
Richard: Ew, this feels very weird.
感覺怪怪的。
Monica: You touch people's eyeballs every day and this feels weird. Yeah, well, sure I touch them, but I spent years learning not to squish them. That's my hand. Oh. Ok.
你整天摸人家的眼球還說這感覺怪怪的? 我當然會摸人家的眼球。但我花了好多年才學著不要壓碎它們。那是我的手。 哦。 好了。
Monica: Gotta keep squishing. Tomatoes are squishing. Ok. Op.
繼續壓。 番茄吱吱響。 好。 哦。
Monica: Oh, gosh, you got some on your shirt. Yeah. Hold on a second, ok, just put a little club soda on it get it right away, should umm...do the trick.
哦,天,你的襯衫沾到了。嗯。 等一下。馬上放蘇打水上去。應該 就可以了。
Richard: What?
怎么了?
Monica: Umm, you've got some on your pants.
你褲子上也沾到了。
Richard: I'll just throw them out.
干脆丟掉算了。
Joey: These little women. Wow!
這些小婦人。
Chandler: You're liking it, huh?
你喜歡嗎?
Joey: Oh yeah! Amy just burned Jo's manuscript. I don't see how he could ever forgive her.
喜歡,愛美剛燒了喬的稿子。我看他永遠不會原諒她。
Ross: Umm, Jo's a girl, it's short for Josephine.
喬是女的,是喬瑟芬的簡稱。
Joey: But Jo's got a crush on Laurie. Oh. You mean it's like a girl girl thing? 'Cause that is the one thing missing from The Shining.
但喬喜歡勞瑞。你是說這是女同性戀?“閃靈”可沒有這種東西。
Chandler: No no, actually Laurie's a boy.
不,其實勞瑞是男的。
Joey: No wonder Rachel had to read this so many times.
難怪瑞秋要看這么多次。
Phoebe: Hey! Hey. Hey! How'd the ah, basketball go?
嘿! 嘿。 籃球好玩嗎?
Phoebe: Oh, ok, I learned how to shoot a layup, a foul shot, and a twenty three pointer.
我學會了籃板球、罰球,和23分球。
Chandler: You mean a three pointer?
你是說三分球吧?
Phoebe: Oh, I get more because I'm dainty.
我姿勢優美,可以多幾分。
Robert: So, um, is there a phone here, I can check my messages?
這里有沒有電話可以查留言?
Phoebe: Yeah, in the back. Do you want a quarter?
在后面,你有銅板嗎?
Robert: Oh, no, thanks. I always carry one in my sock.
我一向在襪子里放一個銅板。
Joey: What're you doing? Get back over on your side of the...Hello! ! Hi, I'm Joey, we haven't met. Ah, good to meet you. Robert.
你干嘛?回去那邊坐 喂??!我是喬伊,我們還沒見過面。 很高興認識你,勞勃。
Phoebe: What? What? You guys, what is going on? Do you not like Robert? Why are you laughing? !
怎么了?怎么了?你們怎么回事?你們不喜歡勞勃嗎?你們笑什么?
Ross: Calm down. There's no reason to get testy.
平靜一點,用不著激動。
Phoebe: You guys! ! Come on!
你們怎么回事嘛!
Chandler: We're sorry, We're sorry, it just seems that Robert isn't as concealed in the shorts area, as ah, one may've hoped.
對不起,對不起,只不過你的勞勃的短褲蔽體的部份,好像是少了一點。
Phoebe: What do you mean? Hey. Hey.
什么意思? 嘿。 嘿。