Mac: Well, if we learned one thing today C.H.E.E.S.E. is that cheerleaders and high explosives don't mix.
我們學會一件事,芝士啦啦隊長跟強力火藥不應該混在一起。
C.H.E.E.S.E: You can say that again Mac.
你說的沒錯,麥克。
Mac: Well, I couldn't have done it without you buddy. You're a genius.
光靠我一個人是不行的,你是個天才。
C.H.E.E.S.E: Oh yeah? Well then how come I can't get my VCR to stop blinking 12:00?
哦,真的?我的錄像機總是閃爍著12:00,我怎么死活修不好?
Joey: So, what did you guys think?
嗯,你們覺得怎么樣?
Monica and Chandler: Hey, the phone. I got it. I got it.
有電話,我來接,我來接。
Monica: Hello? Hold on please. Joey, it's your mom.
喂?請稍等。喬伊是你媽媽。
Chandler: It's your mommy. It's your mommy.
你媽咪,你媽咪。
Rachel: That's nice.
真好。
Joey: Mom, so what did you think?
媽,你覺得如何?
Rachel: Well that was Okay.
呃還不錯。
Ross: It wasn't the best.
說不上是最好。
Chandler: That was one of the worse things ever. And not just on TV.
那是我看過最爛的東西,不光指的電視里播的。
Monica: What are we gonna tell him?
我們怎么對他說啊?
Ross: Well, the lighting was okay.
嗯,燈光效果不錯。
Rachel: Oh no you don't! You got lighting last time, lighting is mine!
不行你不能說!你上次就說過燈光了,這回燈光歸我了!
Monica: And I have costumes.
服裝是我的。
Ross: Oh great! That means I'm stuck with, "So, we were watching you in there and you were sitting right here! Whoa!"
喔!好!那就是說,我只能繼續說:“嘿,我們一邊看著你在那兒,而你大活人就坐在這兒!哇噢!”
Rachel: What are you gonna do Phoebe?
你打算怎么辦啊,菲比?
Phoebe: I don't know. I don't know. I can't lie to him again. Oh no I…no! I'm just gonna press my breasts up against him.
我不知道,我不知道。我不能再騙他了。噢 不!我…不!我就直接拿胸部壓著他。
Chandler: And say nothing?
然后什么都不說?
Phoebe: Uh-huh, yeah that's right.
嗯,對,沒錯。
Joey: Wow! Well, my folks really liked it! So what did you guys think? It wasn't that good.
哇噢!看來我家里人還真是喜歡我的表演!嗯,你們,你們幾個覺得如何?還沒好到那個地步吧!
Monica: Phoebe, do you think that your favorite animal says much about you?
菲比,你相信從你最愛的動物上能看出你的人格嗎?
Phoebe: What? You mean behind my back?
什么?它們背著我說我壞話啦?
Rachel: Oh! Hi you guys, oh my God! You'll never gonna believe happened to me today! I am sitting in my office and…
喔!嘿,各位。喔,天!你們絕對不會相信今天在我身上發生了什么!我正在辦公室里面坐著,然后
Joey: You guys! You guys! You're not gonna believe what my agent just told me!
各位!各位!你們絕對不會相信我經紀人剛剛告訴了我什么!
Rachel: Joey! Kinda in the middle of a story here!
喬伊,我這邊剛說了一半!
Joey: Oh, sorry. Sorry. You finish, go.
哦,對不起。你先說完,說吧。
Rachel: Okay, so anyway I'm sitting in my office and guess who walks in.
好吧,嗯,我正坐在辦公室里,猜猜誰走近來了?
Joey: I'm gonna be on two TV shows!
我要參加兩部電視劇的演出。
Monica and Phoebe: Oh, that's great!
太棒了。
Rachel: Joey!
喬伊!
Joey: Oh, you weren't finished?
呃,你還沒說完?
Rachel: Yeah! "Guess who walks into my office" is the end of my story. It was Ralph Lauren! Ralph Lauren walked into my office!
對,"你猜誰進來了"就是故事的結局。是拉爾夫·勞倫!(瑞秋所在公司的老板)拉爾夫·勞倫走進了我的辦公室!
Joey: Uh Rach, if you're gonna start another story, at least let me finish mine.
呃,瑞秋,要是你想開講另一個故事,至少先讓我說完啊。
Rachel: It's the same story.
我說的是同一件事。
Joey: Wow, it's really long.
還真長。
Rachel: Anyway, Ralph just came in to tell me that he's so happy with my work that he wants me to be the new merchandising manager for polo retail.
反正,拉爾夫走進來對我說,他對我的工作很滿意,他要我當Polo牌子零售的銷售經理!
Monica: Still get a discount on wedding dresses?
婚紗折扣還有吧?
Rachel: Yeah!
有啊。
Monica: I'm so happy for you!
我真為你高興。
Joey: Well, These really are the "Days of our lives."
這確實是"我們的日子"啊。
Monica: What? !
什么?!
Joey: Well, since you ask. They want me back on Days of Our Lives!
既然你問起,他們要我回去演《我們的日子》。
Phoebe: Oh God!
噢,天哪!
Rachel: I got…I get a big pay raise!
我還得了…我還有大幅加薪!
Phoebe: Oh hey!
嘿!
Joey: I'll be playing Drake Remoray's twin brother, Stryker!
我要演的是德雷克·拉莫瑞醫生的雙胞胎弟弟,史特萊科。
Rachel: I get to hire my own assistant!
我還要雇一個我自己的助理!
Joey: Well, I got a head rush from standing up to fast right there.
站得太猛,有點頭昏。
Rachel: And you were at this job for four years?
你做這行已經4年了?
Hilda: That's right.
對。
Rachel: Okay, well this is all very impressive Hilda, I just have one last question for you. Uh, how did I do? Was this okay?
令人印象深刻啊,希爾達。嗯,我還有最后一個問題。呃,我剛才表現怎么樣?還行?
Hilda: What?
什么?
Rachel: I've never interviewed anyone before. I've actually never had anyone work for me before. Although when I was a kid, we did have a maid, but this is…this isn't the same thing.
我以前還從來沒有面試過別人呢。事實上我沒有過手下。我小時候家里有請傭人,但是,這,這還不是一回事。
Hilda: No dear. It's not.
不是,親愛的。當然不是。
Rachel: No. Yeah, and I know that. All right, well thank you so much for coming in it was nice to meet you.
不是。對,我知道。好,呃,非常感謝您能過來見到您很高興。
Hilda: Good meeting you.
見到你很高興。
Rachel: All right. I'm a total pro!
好啦。我真是顯得太專業了!
Man: Hello?
你好?
Rachel: Wow! Hi! Yes, uh I'm sorry the models are actually down the hall.
哇噢!嗨!是,呃,對不起,模特們應該在走廊那邊。
Man: Actually, I'm here about the assistant job.
其實,我來是為了應聘助理。
Rachel: Really? !Okay well then, all right, well just have a seat there. Um, so what's your name?
好,那,好,那就坐吧。呃,你叫什么名字?
Man: Tag Jones.
泰格·瓊斯。
Rachel: Uh-huh, go on.
嗯,繼續。
Tag: That's it. That's my whole name.
就這樣,那是我的全名。
Rachel: That's your whole name, okay of course it is! Okay, well let's just have a look-see here.
那是你的全名,當然。好,我們來看看這兒。
Tag: I know I haven't worked in an office before, and I really don't have a lot of experience, but uh…
我知道我沒在辦公室里面上過班,而且我沒有什么經驗,但是,呃
Rachel: Oh come on, what are you talking about? You've got three years painting houses. Two whole summers at T.G.I.Friday's, come on!
喔,拜托,你說什么哪?你有3年的粉刷房屋經驗,星期五餐廳干過兩個暑假,拜托啊!
Tag: It's lame, I know. But I'm a goal-oriented person, very eager to learn…
那很爛,我知道。但我非常有進取心,非常的好學…
Rachel: Okay, Just hold on a second.
好吧,你先等一下。
Rachel: Sorry, it's for human resources, everybody has to do it. Could you just stand up please?
對不起,這是人事要求的,人人都得做。你能站起來嗎?
Chandler: No no no no.
不不不。
Chandler: Hey!
嗨。
Phoebe: Anyway, I should go. Okay, bye.
總之我該走了,好吧 再見。
Monica: Hey sweetie.
嘿,親愛的。
Chandler: Hi sweetie. So, what was with all the whispering?
嘿 甜心。你們嘀嘀咕咕在說什么?
Monica: I can't tell you. It's a secret.
不能說,秘密。
Chandler: Secret? Married people aren't supposed to have secrets between one another. We have too much love and respect for one another.
秘密?結了婚的人之間不應該有秘密吧。我們深愛對方,相敬如賓。
Monica: But still no.
還是不行。
Chandler: No I'm serious, we should tell each other everything. I do not have any secrets from you.
不,我是認真的,我們應該告訴對方一切。我對你沒有任何秘密。
Monica: Really? Okay, so why don't you tell me what happened to Ross Junior year at Disneyland?
真的嗎,要不你來和我說下,羅斯在大三時,在迪士尼樂園發生了什么事。
Chandler: Oh no, I can't do that.
不,我不能說。
Monica: If you tell me, I'll tell you what Phoebe said.
如果你說,我就告訴你菲比說了什么。
Chandler: Okay.
好吧。
Monica: Okay.
好的。
Chandler: So, Ross and I are going to Disneyland and we stop at this restaurant for tacos. And when I say "Restaurant," I mean a guy, a hibachi and the trunk of his car. So Ross has about 10 tacos. And anyway, we're on Space Mountain and Ross starts to feel a little iffy.
羅斯跟我一起去迪士尼樂園玩。我們在一家“餐廳”吃墨西哥卷餅,其實那餐廳是一個人,和一塊鐵板,還有他改裝了的房車。羅斯吃了十個墨西哥卷餅。總之我們在“太空山”(迪斯尼過山車)的時候,羅斯開始覺得不舒服。
Monica: Oh my God. He threw up?
天啊,他吐了嗎?
Chandler: No, he visited a little town south of throw up. So what was Phoebe's secret?
不,他去的是個比“吐”還靠下面的小地方。好了,Phoebe的秘密是什么?
Monica: Oh, Nancy Thompson from Phoebe's old massage place is getting fired.
哦,菲比過去在按摩院的同事南希·湯姆森被解雇了。
Chandler: That's it? ! I gave up my Disneyland story for that?
這就完了?!我就拿我的迪斯尼故事換了這個?
Monica: That's right! You lose sucker! !Please still marry me.
沒錯,你輸了,笨蛋!請還和我結婚啊。
Rachel: Chandler, you have an assistant right?
錢德勒,你有個助理,是吧?
Chandler: Did she call? You told her I was sick right? Always tell her I am sick!
她打電話了?你告訴她我病了是吧?不管什么時候都告訴她,我病了!
Rachel: No, I just don't know how you decide who to hire. I mean I've got it narrowed down to two people. One of them has great references and a lot of experience and then there's this guy…
不,我只是不能決定到底雇誰。我是說,我已經把范圍縮小到了兩個人。他們中的一個有很好的推薦信,還有很多經驗,然后另外一個人是這個
Chandler: What about him?
他怎么了?
Rachel: I love him. He's so pretty I wanna cry! I don't know what to do. Tell me what to do.
我愛死他了。他帥得我都想哭了!我不知道怎么辦了。告訴我應該怎么辦。
Phoebe: Come on you know what to do! You hire the first one! You don't hire an assistant because they're cute, you hire them because they're qualified.
少來了,你知道應該怎么辦!雇第一個啊!你雇個助理可不是因為他們帥,你雇他們是因為他們夠資格。
Rachel: Uh-huh. No, I hear what you're saying and-and-and that makes a lot of sense but can I just say one more thing? Look how pretty!
啊哈。不,我聽見你說的話了,而,而且說得非常的對,但是我能不能再說一句?看看他有多帥!
Phoebe: Let me see. Oh my God! Oh, But no! No! You can't…you can't hire him, because that…it's not professional. Um, this is for me. yes?
讓我看看。噢,天!噢,但還是不!你不能雇他。因為那可不夠專業。嗯,這是給我的嗎?謝了。
Rachel: Okay you're right. I'll hire Hilda tomorrow. Dumb old perfect for the job Hilda!
好吧,你說的對,明天我會雇用希爾達。那個又蠢又老,適合這份工作的希爾達。
Chandler: Let me see this guy. Wow! Don't show this to Monica! And don't tell her about the "Wow".
讓我瞧瞧。別讓莫妮卡看到照片。別告訴她我說"哇"。
Terry: Hey Joey!
嗨,喬伊。
Joey: Hey Terry!
嗨,泰瑞。
Terry: Nice to see you again.
又見到你真高興!好久不見了,哈?哇,真奇怪這些房間看上去比以前小了啊。
Joey: It's been a while, huh? Wow, it's funny these halls look smaller then they used to.
好久不見了,哈?哇,真奇怪這些房間看上去比以前小了啊。
Terry: It's a different building.
這是另一棟樓了。
Joey: So! Stryker Remoray huh? When do you want me to start?
那么,施特萊克是吧?我什么時候開始?
Terry: Why don't we start right now!
何不現在就開始呢?
Joey: Okay.
好吧。
Terry: Here are the audition scenes.
這是試鏡的劇本。
Joey: Audition? I thought you were gonna offer me the part.
試鏡,我還以為你們決定讓我飾演那個角色。
Terry: Why would you think that?
你為什么會那么想?
Joey: Well, I was Dr. Drake Remoray, Stryker's twin brother. I mean, who looks more me than me right?
我演過德雷克醫生,他是施特萊克的雙胞胎哥哥。誰會比我長得更像我呢?
Terry: Everybody has to audition.
每個人都得參加試鏡。
Joey: You know Terry, I don't really need to do this. I got my own cable TV series, with a robot.
你知道的 泰瑞,我不是非得要演這個。我有自己的有線電視劇,和個機器人一起。
Terry: I'm sorry, Joey, that's the way it is.
對不起,喬伊,這是規定。
Joey: Well. I guess you think you're pretty special huh? Sitting up here in your fancy small hall building. Making stars jump through hoops for ya, huh? Well you know what? This is one star who's hoop… This is a star that the hoop…this hoop…I was Dr. Drake Remoray!
那么 我猜你以為你很特別。你就在這漂亮小樓里好好坐著吧。讓大明星們給你演鉆圈玩?哈?你知道嗎?這個明星就是圈…這明星就是那個圈…這個圈…我是德雷克醫生!
Rachel: Hi! Tag. What are you doing here?
泰格,你在這里做什么?
Tag: I just wanted to come by and thank you for not laughing in my face yesterday. And I noticed there aren't any plants in your office so I wanted to bring you…your first… There is a plant in your office.
我是想過來謝謝你,昨天沒有當面笑話我。我還注意到你辦公室里面沒有植物,所以我是想給你你的第一盆你的辦公室里面有一盆植物啊。
Rachel: Kinda.
就算是吧。
Tag: Right. So I guess I shouldn't put good at noticing stuff on my resume.
對。看來我不應該在我簡歷上面寫上“擅于觀察”。
Rachel: Oh, thank you.
謝謝。
Tag: Anyway, I'm guessing you hired somebody.
總之,我猜你錄取了別人。
Rachel: Well…
那個嘛
Tag: Gotcha. Thanks again for meeting with me.
懂了,謝謝你愿意和我見面。
Rachel: But I hired you!
但是我雇了你!
Tag: What?
什么?
Rachel: Yeah! You got the job! You're my new assistant!
對,你得到了這份工作。你是我的新助理!
Tag: I am? !
我?!
Rachel: Yeah!
對!
Tag: I can't believe it!
我簡直不能相信!
Rachel: Me either. Um, all right, first thing I need you to do is go downstairs and find a women named Hilda and tell her to go home.
我也是。嗯,好啦,我要你做的第一件事就是到樓下去找到一個叫希爾達的女人,讓她回家去。