Chandler: Hey, you guys!
嘿,你們這些家伙!
Ross and Rachel: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: So, what do you think?
你們覺得怎么樣?
Ross: About what?
關于什么的?
Rachel: Yeah, what?
什么?
Joey: What?
什么?
Chandler: Are you kidding? Okay, I'll give you a hint. I'll give you a hint.
開玩笑嗎你們?好吧,我給你們一個提示。
Joey: Eyes! No, no. Your eyes! No. Chandler's eyes!
眼睛!不對不對,你的眼睛!不對,錢德勒的眼睛!
Chandler: I got glasses!
我戴眼鏡了!
Ross: Well, you've always had glasses.
你一直都戴眼鏡。
Chandler: No I didn't!
我才沒有。
Ross: Are you sure?
你確定?
Rachel: Yeah, Didn't you use to have a pair? They were really round, burgundy, and they made you look kind of…
對啊,你不是有過一副?圓圓的,讓你看起來更加,恩……
Joey: Feminine.
女性化。
Rachel: Yes!
沒錯!
Chandler: No!
才沒有。
Monica: Sweetie, I think the glasses look great. They make you look really sexy.
甜心,我認為這眼鏡看起來很棒,這樣你看起來這得挺性感。
Chandler: Really?
真的嗎?
Monica: Yeah!
沒錯。
Chandler: You didn't think I used to wear glasses, right?
你以為我沒戴過眼鏡,對么?
Monica: Of course!
當然沒有。
Phoebe: So what do you guys want for an engagement present?
那么你們想要什么作為訂婚禮物?
Chandler: That's okay Pheebs, we're not having a party or anything, so you don't have to get us…
別客氣,菲比,我們又不是舉辦聚會什么的,你不必這樣……
Monica: If someone wants to give us a present, we don't want to deprive them of that joy.
當然如果有人想給,我們也不會拒絕的。
Rachel: Oh, you know what you should get them? One of those little portable CD players.
你知道我們該給他們什么?那些小小的,呃,cd播放機。
Monica: Oh, I already have one.
啊,我已經有了。
Phoebe: Not unless someone borrowed it and left it at the gynecologist.
結果某人借走,忘在了婦科醫生那里。
Rachel: Yeah, and by “someone”, she means Joey.
她說"某人",其實指的是喬伊。
Monica: Hey, I know I what I want!
嘿,我知道我想要什么了!
Chandler: What we want honey.
是我們想要什么,親愛的
Monica: No, you don't want this. I want to have your grandmother's cookie recipe.
不,你不會要這個的。我想要你祖母的曲奇餅制作秘方。
Phoebe: You mean the chocolate chip cookie recipe?
你是說巧克力碎曲奇餅制作秘方?
Monica: Uh, yeah.
恩,沒錯。
Phoebe: You mean the one that my grandmother made me swear on her deathbed that I would never let out of our family?
你說的是我祖母在臨終之前,讓我發誓不傳出家門的制作秘方?
Chandler: Dying people say the craziest things.
要死的人總是說瘋話。
Monica: I wanted it for years! I was gonna make cookies for my children.
我想要好幾年了!我想要為我們的孩子們做曲奇餅。
Phoebe: Break my heart. Oh, all right.
真是割我心頭肉啊,好吧。
Monica: Okay. I'm gonna be the mom who makes the world's best chocolate chip cookies.
好吧。我將會成為世界上曲奇餅做的最棒的母親。
Chandler: Our kids are gonna be fat aren't they?
那我們的孩子就要變成胖子了,對吧?
Joey: Ahoy!
啊喂!
Chandler and Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: How's the boat? !
嘿!船上玩得怎么樣?
Joey: Great! I'm finally getting into this sailing stuff.
棒極了!我終于開始航海了。
Monica: Oh, so you finally took it out of the marina?
這次你終于駕船駛出碼頭了?
Joey: Why would I do that? It took three guys to get the thing in there!
我為什么要那么做?我找了3個人才把它送進碼頭。
Phoebe: If you don't sail your boat, what do you do on it?
如果你不想開它出海,你在船上都做些什么呢?
Joey: Oh, it's great! It's a great place to just kinda, sit, hang around, drink a few beers, eat some chips.
棒極了,光是坐在那里就很舒服了,坐一坐,走一走,喝點啤酒,吃點薯片。
Chandler: Well, it's good that you finally have a place to do that.
恭喜,你終于找到可以做這些事的地方了。
Rachel: You know Joey, I could teach you to sail if you want.
喬伊,如果你愿意的話我可以教你駕船。
Joey: You could?
你會駕船?
Rachel: Yeah! I've been sailing my whole life. When I was fifteen my dad bought me my own boat.
當然!我這輩子都在駕船。我15歲時老爸就給我買了船。
Phoebe: Your own boat?
你自己的船?
Rachel: What? ! What? ! He was trying to cheer me up! My pony was sick.
怎么啦?!怎么啦?!他想讓我高興起來!我的小馬病了。
Chandler: Do you know what I was thinking?
你知道我在想什么嗎?
Monica: What?
什么?
Chandler: Nothing, I just like to go like this.
沒事,我就喜歡這樣問。
Ross: Hey Chandler, what are you doing tonight?
錢德勒,你今晚有事么?
Chandler: Why, do you have a lecture?
呃,怎么,你有演講?
Ross: No, why?
沒啊,怎么?
Chandler: Then free as a bird. What's up?
那我閑得很,怎么了?
Ross: My dad wanted to know if you wanted to play racquetball with us.
我爸想知道,你想不想和我們一起玩壁球?
Monica: Wow! That's great! Dad must really like you, he doesn't ask just anyone to play.
太棒了,爸一定很喜歡你,他從來不會約人去打壁球。
Ross: Yeah and he didn't really ask for you, he asked for "Chancy", I assumed he meant you.
他沒說是你,就是要找"錢西",我覺得應該是你。
Chandler: Well, did you correct him?
那你有跟他說我么?
Ross: No, I thought it would be more fun this way.
沒,我覺得這樣更有趣。
Monica: This is so cool, maybe this is something you can do every week.
太酷了,或許你們每周都該一起打球。
Ross: Or you can sit with him on the front porch and make sure no one steals the trash cans. He does that every week too.
你也可以坐在走廊上確定沒人偷垃圾桶。這也是他每周的行程之一。
Monica: Oh, just so you know, you have to let him win. He hates to lose.
你也知道,你必須讓他贏,他最討厭輸了。
Chandler: Oh no problem, maybe I'll play with my left hand.
沒問題,或許我該用左手打球。
Ross: You're not a lefty?
你不就是左撇子嗎?
Chandler: Does anybody know me? !
有人認識我嗎?
Monica: What's wrong Phoebe?
怎么了,菲比?
Phoebe: I just went to my old apartment to get you the cookie recipe and the stupid fire burned it up!
我去老公寓拿曲奇餅制作秘方,誰知道那該死的火把它燒了!
Monica: No! Why didn't you make a copy and keep it in a fireproof box and keep it at least a hundred yards from the original?
不是吧!你干嗎不復制一份,然后放進防火盒子,放在離原稿至少一百碼。
Phoebe: Because I'm normal! That was the one legacy my grandmother left me, and I know you wanted it as an engagement present.
因為我是正常人!那是我祖母留給我的唯一遺產。我也知道你想要它當訂婚禮物。
Ross: Oh, we have to get you an engagement present?
我們必須送你們訂婚禮物?
Chandler: Don't worry about it, Pheebs.
別擔心這個,菲比。
Ross: No one got me an engagement present.
可沒人送過我訂婚禮物。
Phoebe: Okay here, I don't have the recipe, but here. I wish you health and happiness.
好吧,給你這個。我沒有秘方了,但這個給你。祝你們健康快樂。
Chandler: An old cookie?
一塊放了很久的曲奇餅?
Monica: This is what happens when you don't register for gifts!
不列出禮物清單,就是會發生這種事。
Phoebe: See no, I made a batch and I froze it, and this is the only one left.
我做了一些曲奇餅冷凍了起來,這是最后一塊。
Chandler: We can't accept this.
我們不能收。
Phoebe: Why not?
為什么?
Chandler: Because it's gross.
因為它很惡心。
Monica: No! Wait! I think I can figure out the recipe from this cookie! I do stuff like this at work all the time.
不!等等!我想我可用這塊餅干猜出整個秘方。我在工作時常常這么做。
Phoebe: Really? !
真的嗎?!
Monica: Yeah! I bet I can do it.
嗯!我可以打賭我會。
Chandler: Okay, Ross, we owe you a present.
好吧,羅斯,我們欠你一份禮物。
Ross: Two! I've been engaged twice!
是兩份,我訂過兩次婚。
Joey: Look at this clown! Just because he's got a bigger boat he thinks he can take up the whole river.
看看這小丑!就因為他以為有一條大點的船,就能主宰整條河了。
Joey: Get out of the way jackass! Who names their boat Coast Guard anyway?
閃開,混球!話說回來,誰會把自己的船命名為海岸防衛隊的?
Rachel: That is the Coast Guard.
他們就是海岸防衛隊。
Joey: What are they doing out here? The coast's all the way over there.
他們在這里做什么,海岸在那邊。
Rachel: Joey, just ignore the boats all right? We're not finished with the lesson yet.
喬伊,別管他好么?我們的課程還沒完。
Joey: All right.
好吧。
Rachel: Okay, I'm just gonna go over the basic points just one more time, are you ready?
好吧,我只想把基本要點在過一遍。就最后一次,準備好了么?
Joey: Come on Rach, not again. I got it! Okay? Let's start sailing, and I want to go over there where that boatload of girls is! Yo-ho-ho!
別麻煩了,瑞秋,我已經懂了。出海先,我想把船開到那一船女孩旁邊去。Yo-ho-ho!
Rachel: Oh, okay. Is that what you want to do? You wanna go over and give a little shout out to the old, hot chickas? Okay, let's do that Sailor Joe. Quick question though, what's this called?
好吧。這是你想做的?你想開過去對著那些老辣妹們喊一下?好吧,我們走,水手喬伊。快速回答,這叫什么?
Joey: Uh, boat rope.
呃,纜繩。
Rachel: Wrong! How do you get the mainsail up?
錯!你怎么讓主帆升起來?
Joey: Uh, rub it?
呃,摩擦它?
Rachel: No. What do you do if I say we are coming about?
錯。如果我說我們在轉向,你要怎么做?
Joey: I'd say, "Come again"? No, wait I know this one, I know this one, uh…
我說"再來一下",不對不對,等等,我知道,這一題我會。
Rachel: Time's up, now your dead.
時間到,現在你死了。
Joey: And deaf!
也聾了!
Rachel: Okay, you just go on and make your little jokey-jokes, but if you do not know what you are doing out at sea you will die at sea. Am I getting through to you sailor?
你繼續開玩笑吧。如果你不知道如何航海就會沒命,你聽懂了嗎,水手?
Joey: Yes.
懂了。
Rachel: Don't just say yes! This isn't a game, Joey you can really get hurt out here.Okay, so do you want to pay attention or do you want to die? !
別只是說你懂了。這不是游戲,你很可能會受傷,你想集中注意力聽我說話呢?還是想死呢?!
Joey: I want to make a ship to shore call to Chandler.
我想讓船靠岸去找錢德勒。
Monica: All right, I definitely taste nutmeg.
我吃到了肉豆蔻。
Phoebe: You do?
真的嗎?
Monica: You don't? Well, that's the difference between a professional and a layman.
你沒吃到嗎?好吧,那就是專家跟外行人的不同。
Phoebe: That and arrogance.
沒錯,專家還很傲慢。
Joey: Hey.
嗨。
Monica: Hey! How was sailing?
出海好玩嗎?
Joey: I don't want to talk about it. You know, you could've at least saved me a whole cookie.
我不想談這件事。你們至少可以留一整塊曲奇餅給我。
Monica and Phoebe: No, wait, no no!
別,等等!不不不!
Joey: Women are mean!
女人真小氣!
Phoebe: I can't believe that! Now the only thing left of my grandmother's legacy is this crumb. I wish you a long and happy marriage.
我不敢相信!現在我祖母的遺物只剩下了餅干屑。祝你們白頭偕老 婚姻美滿。
Ross: Hey.
嘿。
Monica: Hey! How was it?
嗨!怎么樣?
Ross: Well I had a great time! Umm, Chancy on the other hand…
我玩得很開心。但是錢西……
Chandler: I will tell the story! It was going great.I let him win. We were bonding. He even said I could call him dad.
我來說我來說。本來挺好,我讓他贏,相處甚歡,他甚至說我可以叫他爸爸。
Ross: And what did he ask you not to call him?
他要你別叫他什么?
Chandler: Daddy. All right look, here's the story. Well, we had just finished playing racquetball and we were gonna take a steam.I walk into the steam room and it was really steamy. So I take off my glasses and that's when in happened.
爹地。事情是這樣的。我們打完球,決定去蒸氣浴。我走進蒸汽室里面霧氣彌漫。于是我拿下眼鏡,悲劇發生了。
Chandler: Guys?
你們在哪?
Ross: Over here.
這邊。
Mr.Geller: Have a seat son.
坐這吧,孩子。
Mr.Geller: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Oh my God Chandler! I can't believe it!
我的天啊,我簡直不敢相信。
Chandler: I know.
我知道。
Monica: You gave my father a lap dance!
你給我爸跳大腿舞!
Chandler: Why do they put so much steam in there?
他們為什么要把那里弄的霧氣彌漫?
Ross: Because otherwise they'd have to call it the "Room" Room.
不那么做的話,那里只能叫做"房間"。
Chandler: Why? Okay? Why? Why did that have to happen?
為什么?好吧?為什么?為什么會發生這種事?
Phoebe: Come on, it's not that big a deal!
別這樣,那沒有什么大不了的。
Chandler: Not that big a deal? There was touching of things.
那沒有什么大不了?有肉體接觸!
Ross: Now, I know you wanted to bond with my dad, but did you really have to bond to that part?
我知道你想和我爸搞好關系,但你一定要從他那個地方開始嗎?
Monica: Listen, I'm sure that dad doesn't care. He probably thought this was funny; he'll be telling this story for years!
聽著,我想老爹不會在意,他可能覺得這很好笑,他會把這事說上幾年的!
Chandler: I don't want him to tell this story for years.
我就是不希望他把這個故事講好多年。
Ross: Oh, but he will. He still tells the story how Monica tried to escape from fat camp.
他會的。他還在講莫妮卡試圖逃出減肥營的故事。
Monica: I wasn't escaping.
我才沒有。
Ross: Then how did you get caught in the barbed wire?
那你怎么會被卡在鐵絲網上的?
Monica: I was trying to help out a squirrel.
我想要救一只松鼠。
Ross: You were trying to eat it!
你想吃掉它!
Chandler: If that is your father calling to tell this story then the marriage is off!
如果那是你爸打來告訴你這件事,我們就不結婚了!
Monica: Come on. Hello? I'm sorry you have the wrong number.Okay, I'll call you later dad. I love you.
別這樣。喂?我很抱歉你撥錯號了,我待會兒打給你老爸,我愛你。