大家好!
All: Hey, Pheebs! Hi!
嗨,Pheebs!
Ross: Hey. Oh, oh, how'd it go?
嗨,噢,(約會)怎么樣?
Phoebe: Um, not so good.
不是很好。
He walked me to the subway and said 'We should do this again!'
他送我到地鐵,說:"下次再約。"
All: Oh. Ouch.
噢。哎呦。
Rachel: What? He said 'we should do it again', that's good, right?
什么?他說,"下次再約",那是好兆頭,不是嗎?
Monica: Uh, no. Loosely translated 'We should do this again' means 'You will never see me naked'.
喔,不,"下次再約"泛泛地講意思是"你沒機會看到我的裸體了"。
Rachel: Since when? Joey: Since always. It's like dating language. You know, like 'It's not you' means 'It is you'.
從什么時候開始啊?一直都是這樣。就像是約會用語。比如,"問題不是出在你"意思是"就是你"。
Chandler: Or 'You're such a nice guy' means 'I'm gonna be dating leatherwearing alcoholics and complaining about them to you."
或者"你真是個好人"意思是說我要和穿著皮服的酒鬼約會再向你抱怨。
Phoebe: Or, or, you know, um, 'I think we should see other people' means 'Ha, ha, I already am'.
或者,或者,你知道,呃,"我想我們應該約約其他人"意思是"哈哈,我已經在約其他人了"。
Rachel: And everybody knows this? Joey: Yeah. Cushions the blow.
你們大家都知道這些?對,善意的謊言(對,免得太傷人。)
Chandler: Yes, it's like when you're a kid, and your parents put your dog to sleep, and they tell you it went off to live on some farm.
沒錯,就像你小時候,你的狗安樂死了,父母會告訴你是送去某個農場。
Ross: That's funny, that, no, because, uh, our parents actually did, uh, send our dog off to live on a farm.
真有意思,不過我爸媽是真的…… 把我們的狗送去農場了。
Monica: Uh, Ross.
嗯,羅斯。
Ross: What? Wh hello? The Millners' farm in Connecticut? The Millners, they had this unbelievable farm, they had horses, and, and rabbits that he could chase and it was it w.....
什么?怎么了?康涅狄格州的米勒家農場?是很棒的農場,有馬還有可供追逐的兔子…
Ross: Oh, my God! ChiChi!
噢,我的天,奇奇!
Chandler: "So how does it feel knowing you're about to die?"
知道自己不久人世有何感受?
Joey: "Warden, in five minutes my pain will be over. But you'll have to live with the knowledge that you sent an honest man to die."
沃登,我的痛苦將在五分鐘內消除而你會因葬送一個誠實的人而痛苦一生。
Chandler: Hey, that was really good!
表演得真好。
Joey: Yeah?
是嗎?
Joey: Thanks! Let's keep going.
謝了,咱們繼續吧。
Chandler: Okay. "So. What do you want from me, Damone, huh?"
好,你要我怎么做,迪默,嗯?
Joey: "I just wanna go back to my cell. 'Cause in my cell, I can smoke."
我只想回到自己的牢房,因為在牢房我可以抽煙。
Chandler: "Smoke away."
去抽吧。
Chandler: I think this is probably why Damone smokes in his cell alone.
我想這就是迪默自己一個在牢房里抽煙的原因。
Joey: What?
什么?
Chandler: Relax your hand. Let your wrist go.
你把手放輕松!手腕自然點。
Chandler: Not so much!
別太過火!
Joey: Whoah!
唔!
Chandler: Hey! Joey: Hey!
嗨!嗨!
Chandler: Alright, now try taking a puff.
好的,現在吐煙圈。
Chandler: Alright...okay. No. Give it to me.
好了,不是這樣。把煙給我。
Joey: No no no, I am not giving you a cigarette.
不,不行。我不能給你煙。
Chandler: It's fine, it's fine. Look, do you wanna get this part, or not? Here. Alright, Now, Don't think of it as a cigarette.
好吧,好吧。我無所謂了。你想不想得到這個角色?給我吧。看著,別把它當成香煙。
Think of it as the thing that's been missing from your hand.
把它當成是從你手中溜走的東西。
When you're holding it, you feel right. You feel complete.
夾著它,你感覺很好,你感到滿足。
Joey: You miss it?
你很想它?
Chandler: Nah, not so much.
不,不是很想。
Alright, now we smoke. Oh...my...God.
好吧,現在吸煙。噢,我的天(爽呀)!
Joey: Chandler give me that!
Chandler把它給我
Chandler: No no no. You've got options. You can smoke like this.
不,你有幾種選擇。你可以像這樣抽煙。
Joey: Chandler!
Chandler
Chandler: Or you can hold it in your mouth and smoke like this.
或者只是把它叼在嘴里這樣抽
Joey: Chandler give me the cigarette! Give me, give me.
Chandler把煙給我,給我,給我。
Chandler: uh, you try it
你來試試。
Joey: thank you.
謝謝。
Joey: Okay, how's this?
這樣怎么樣?
Chandler: Okay, that's not bad.
還不壞。
Chandler: All right, now when you are finished, It's really cool if you flick it. You kinda flick it. flick it...
好的,當你結束的時候,彈掉它會顯得很酷,你就彈一彈。
that's good, all right, you keep practicing...and I will go put out the sofa.
就這樣,你繼續練習,我去撲滅著火的沙發。
Chandler: I thought it had to do with the size of the guy's feet.
我認為和這個人腳的大小有關。
Monica: No, no, no. They say it's the same as the distance from the tip of a guy's thumb to the tip of his index finger.
不、不、不,他們說長度和男人的拇指尖到到食指尖距離一樣。
Joey: That's ridiculous!
這太荒謬了。
Ross: Can I use...either thumb?
可以用另一只手的拇指嗎?
Chandler: I'd rather go with the foot theory.
我寧可相信腳長理論。
Rachel: Alright, don't tell me, don't tell me!
來了,別告訴我,別告訴我!
Decaf cappucino for Joey...Coffee black...Latte...And an iced tea.
無咖啡因卡布其諾是喬依的,黑咖啡...拿鐵和冰茶
I'm getting pretty good at this!
我進步神速
All: Yeah. Yeah, excellent.
對,對,真棒。
Rachel: Good for me!
我真行!
Joey: You okay, Phoebe?
菲此,你沒事吧?
Phoebe: Yeah… no… I'm just…it's, I haven't worked… It's my bank.
還好,不,我只是,我真想不通,都是那銀行。我的銀行。
Monica: What did they do to you?
他們對你怎么了?
Phoebe: It's nothing, it's just… Okay. I'm going through my mail, and I open up their monthly, you know, STATEMENT.
沒什么,只是,好吧。我看我的信件時,打開他們寄給我的每月通知。
Ross: Easy.
別激動。
Phoebe: and there's five hundred extra dollars in my account.
然后我戶頭上多出了500美元。
Chandler: Oh, Satan's minions at work again...
撒旦的奴才又開始活躍了。
Phoebe: Yes, 'cause now I have to go down there, and deal with them.
沒錯,所以現在我得去銀行,找他們處理。
Joey: What are you talking about? Keep it!
你在說什么啊?拿著就得了。
Phoebe: It's not mine. I didn't earn it. If I kept it, it would be like stealing.
這些錢不是我的,不是我賺來的,如果我留著,那不跟偷來的一樣了。
Rachel: Yeah, but if you spent it, it would be like shopping!
對,但如果你花光它,那就跟購物一樣了!
Phoebe: Okay. Okay, let's say I bought a really great pair of shoes. Do you know what I'd hear, with every step I took? 'Notmine. Notmine. Notmine.'
好吧,好吧。比方說我買了雙很棒的鞋。隨著我踏出的每一步,知道我會聽到什么嗎?'不是我的。不是我的。不是我的。'
Even if I was happy and skipping, I'd hear:"Notnot mine. Notnot mine."
即使我很快樂邊走邊跳,都會聽到"不是我的……不是我的……"
Monica: We're with you. We got it.
我們支持你。我們理解了。
Phoebe: Okay. I'd just I'd never be able to enjoy it. It would be like this giant karmic debt.
嗯,我只是永遠無法安心享用它,它就像是一個巨大的罪過一樣。
Rachel: Chandler, what are you doing?
錢德,你在干什么?
Monica: Hey. What are you doing?
嗨,你干嗎?
All: Oh! Oh, gross!
噢,噢,天啊!真惡劣!
Ross: What is this? !
這是什么?
Chandler: I'm smoking. I'm smoking, I'm smoking.
我在抽煙。我在抽煙。我在抽煙。
Phoebe: Oh, I can't believe you! You've been so good, for three years!
真不敢相信,你三年來一直表現很好。
Chandler: And this is my reward!
所以,這是我的獎勵!
Ross: Hold on a second, alright? Just think about what you went through the last time you quit. No, you know what, forget about you, think about what we went through last time you quit.
等等,好好想想你上次戒煙后是怎么熬過來的。不,不說你了,至少想想上次你戒煙的時候我們是怎么熬過來的。
Chandler: Okay, so this time I won't quit!
所以,這次我不再戒了!
All: Ohhh! Put it out!
熄掉…
Chandler: All right! I'm putting it out, I'm putting it out.
好吧,我熄掉就是。
Phoebe: Oh, no! I...I can't drink this now!
噢,不!我,我現在喝不成了!
Monica: Alright. I'm gonna go change, I've got a date.
好了,我要去換身行頭,有個約會。
Rachel: This Alan again? How's it going?
又是亞倫?進展得如何?
Monica: It's going pretty good, you know? It's nice, and, we're having fun.
一切順利,很不錯,我們在一起很開心。
Joey: So when do we get to meet the guy?
那什么帶回來讓我們認識認識?
Ross: Yeah.
是啊
Monica: Let's see, today's Monday...Never.
我想想,今天星期一…… 永遠不。
All: Oh, come on! Come on!
哦,拜托!不要這樣嘛!
Monica: No. No. Not after what happened with Steve.
不,從Steve那次后,就再無可能了。
Chandler: What are you talking about? We love Schhteve! Schhteve was schhexy! ..
你在說什么?我們都愛Schhteve,Schhteve很性感!
Chandler: Sorry.
抱歉。
Monica: Look, I don't even know how I feel about him yet. Just give me a chance to figure that out.
各位,我連自己對他有什么感覺都還不知道,給我點時間想清楚。
Rachel: Well, then can we meet him?
到時候我們能見見他了?
Monica: Nope. Schhorry.
不。抱--歉!
Ross: Joey, Joey, Let it go.
Joey,放過他吧。
Monica: Why should I let them meet him? I mean, I bring a guy home, and within five minutes they're all over him.
我意思是,為什么我要讓他們認識他?我帶個人回家,他們會在5分鐘內蜂擁而上。
They're like coyotes, picking off the weak members of the herd.
他們就像土狼一樣專找牧群中的弱小下手。
Paula: Listen. As someone who's seen more than her fair share of bad beef, I'll tell you: that is not such a terrible thing.
聽著,不只是看過自己盤里的壞牛肉(不愉快的場面我見多了)我要告訴你:這并不是那么糟糕。
Come on, Mon, they're your friends, they're just looking out after you.
我的意思是,他們是你的朋友,他們只是在旁邊替你留神。
Monica: I know. I just wish that once, I'd bring a guy home that they actually liked.
這我知道。我只是希望帶一個他們真正滿意的男人回家。
Paula: Well, you do realize the odds of that happening are a little slimmer if they never get to meet the guy. .
你知道的,他的機會會更渺茫的…… 如果他們根本就沒見過這小伙。
Monica: I know. I know. Mind if I whimper a little bit?
我知道,我知道。能讓我小聲的哭一下嗎?
Paula: Whimper. Monica: Okay, I'm done.
哭吧。好,哭完了。
Joey: Let it go, Ross.
讓這事過去吧,Ross。
Ross: Yeah, well, you didn't know Chi Chi.
是啊,可你不了解Chi Chi。
Monica: Do you all promise?
你們都保證?
All: Yeah! We promise! We'll be good!
對,我們保證,我們會很好!
Monica: Chandler? Do you promise to be good?
Chandler你呢?你答應會很好?
Joey: You can come in, but your filtertipped little buddy has to stay outside!
你可以進來了,但是你的煙屁股朋友得呆在外面。
Ross: Hey, Pheebs.
喂,Pheeb。
Phoebe: 'Dear Ms. Buffay. Thank you for calling attention to our error. We have credited your account with five hundred dollars. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
親愛的Buffay女士,謝謝你指出我們的錯誤。我們已將五百元存入你的戶頭,造成不便之處請多包涵。
and hope you'll accept this football phone...as our free gift." Do you believe this? ! Now I have a thousand dollars, and a football phone!
請接受這個足球電話,做為禮物。你們相信嗎?現在我多了一千元和一個足球電話。
Rachel: What bank is this?
這是哪家銀行?
Monica: Hey. It's him. Who is it?
嗨,他來了。哪位?
Alan: It's Alan.
Alan
Joey: Chandler! He's here!
Chandler!他來了!
Monica: Do I look okay?
我看起來怎么樣?
Ross: One more button.
最好(再扣上)一顆扣子。
-Monica: Okay.
好吧。
Ross: Closed! How about closed?
我是說扣上!扣上怎么樣?
Monica: I didn't know.
我不太清楚。
Ross: Yeah.
好吧。
Monica: Please be good, Okay, Just remember how much you all like me.
乖乖的啊,求你們了。想想你們大家有多么愛我。
Monica: Hi. Alan, this is everybody. Everybody, this is Alan.
嗨,Alan,這是大家,各位,這位是Alan。
Alan: Hi.
嗨。
All: Hi, Alan.
嗨,Alan。
Alan: I've heard schho much about all you guyschh!
各位的大名如雷貫耳啊!
Monica: I'll call you tomorrow. Thank you. Okay. Okay, let's let the Alanbashing begin.
我明天再打電話給你,謝謝,開始攻擊亞倫吧。
Monica: Who's gonna take the first shot, hmm? Come on!
誰先開始?來呀!
Ross:...I'll go.
我來。
Ross: Let's start with the way he kept picking at no, I'm sorry, I can't do this. We loved him.
我們就從他不停剔牙開始,抱歉,我辦不到。我們愛他。
All: We loved him! Yeah! He's great!
我們愛他,他太棒了!
Monica: Wait a minute! We're talking about someone that I'm going out with?
等等,我們談的是我約會的對象嗎?
All: Yeah!
是的。
Rachel: That pimento trick!
那個辣椒的小把戲。
Chandler: I'll never look at an olive the same way again.
我絕不會再這樣看橄欖了。
Rachel: And did you notice...?
你們都有注意到?
The Guys: Yeah.
是的。
Joey: You know what was great? The way his smile was kinda crooked.
知道他什么最棒嗎?他的微笑有點扭曲。
Phoebe: Yes, yes! Like the man in the shoe!
對,就像是鞋里的男人。
Ross: What shoe?
什么鞋?
Phoebe: From the nursery rhyme. 'There was a crooked man, Who had a crooked smile, Who lived in a shoe, For a...while...'
童謠里的,有個駝背的人有著扭曲的微笑,他住在鞋子里,有一陣子。
Ross: So I think Alan...will become the yardstick against which all future boyfriends will be measured.
我想亞倫……將應成為未來男朋友的標準。
Rachel: What future boyfriends? Nono, I th I think this could be, you know, it.
什么未來男朋友?不,我想他就是了。
Monica: Really? Chandler: Oh, yeah. I'd marry him just for his David Hasselh of impression alone.
真的?是的,光憑他學David Hasselh(著名的歌手兼偶像,曾主演過《霹靂游俠》和《杰克和海德》)的樣子,我就想嫁給他了。
You know I'm gonna be doing that at parties, right?
你知道嘛,我也要在派對上這么做。
Ross: You know what I like most about him, though?
知道我最喜歡他哪一點?
All: What?
哪一點?
Ross: The way he makes me feel about myself.
和他在一起時讓我對自己的感覺。
Monica: Hi. how was the game?
嗨,比賽怎么樣?
Ross: Well...
怎么說呢