Any stories? No news, no little anecdotes to share with the folks?
最近有什么八卦、新聞、軼事之類可以和爸媽分享的嗎?
Ross: (To his parents) Look, I, uh I realize you guys have been wondering what exactly happened between Carol and me, and, so, well, here's the deal. Carol's a lesbian.
聽著,我,呃,我知道你們想了解我和卡蘿之間倒底怎么了。事情是這樣的,卡籮是個女同志。
She's living with a woman named Susan.
她和一個名字蘇珊的女人同居。
She's pregnant with my child, and she and Susan are going to raise the baby.
她懷了我的孩子,并打算和蘇珊共同扶養他。
Mrs. Geller: (To Monica) And you knew about this? !
這些你早就知道了?
Joey: Your folks are really that bad, huh?
你的父母真的那么糟糕嗎?
Ross: Well, you know, these people are pros.
你要知道這些人是專業人士。
They know what they're doing, they take their time, they get the job done.
他們知道他們要做什么,他們等待機會,再來個突然襲擊。
Monica: Boy, I know they say you can't change your parents...boy, if you could (To Ross) I'd want yours.
天吶,我知道人們常說父母是無法更換的,如果可以,我要你的父母
Ross: Must pee.
我要去尿尿了
Phoebe: You know, it's even worse when you're twins.
你們知道嗎,如果你是雙胞胎,情況會更慘。
Rachel: You're twins? Phoebe: Yeah. We don't speak.
你是雙胞胎?對,我們不往來。
She's like this highpowered, driven career type.
她就像是一心追求事業類型的人。
Chandler: What does she do? Phoebe: She's a waitress.
她從事什么工作?她是個服務員。
Joey: Identical? Phoebe: People say we look alike. But I don't see it.
你們倆長的一樣嗎?大家說我倆長的很像,但我不這么認為。
Rachel: All right, you guys, I kinda gotta clean up now. (They all start to leave. )
好啦各位,我現在得打掃衛生了。
Monica: Chandler, you're an only child, right? You don't have any of this.
錢德,你是獨子,對嗎?你沒有這些困擾。
Chandler: Well, no, although I did have an imaginary friend, who...my parents actually preferred.
沒有,盡管我有個想像中的朋友,我爸媽比較喜歡。
Rachel: Hit the lights, please.
請關下燈。
Ross:...How long was I in there?
我在里面多久了?
Rachel: I'm just cleaning up.
我只是在打掃衛生。
Ross: Oh, you err, you need any help?
哦,呃,你需要幫忙嗎?
Rachel: Uh...okay, sure! Thanks! (She hands him the broom and sits down. )
好呀,謝了。
Ross: Anyway.... um...(Starts to sweep. ) So, you uh you nervous about Barry tomorrow?
總之,額,明天要見巴瑞你緊張嗎?
Rachel: Oh...a little. Ross: Mmhmm...Rachel: A lot. Ross: Mm.
哦,有一點。嗯。很緊張。嗯。
Rachel: So, got any advice? You know, as someone who's recently been dumped?
有什么建議嗎?作為一個最近剛被甩的人?
Ross: Well, you may wanna steer clear of the word 'dumped'.
你應該避免用“甩”這個字眼。
Chances are he's gonna be this, this broken shell of a man, you know, so you should try not to look too terrific, I know it'll be hard.
可能他現在正痛不欲生呢,因此你不該顯得神采飛揚,我知道這一點很難做到。
Or, you know, I can uh, hey, I'll go down there, and I'll give Barry back his ring, and you can go with Carol and Susan to the OB/GYN...
這樣吧,我拿戒指還巴瑞,你陪卡蘿及蘇珊去做檢查。
Rachel: You've got Carol tomorrow. When did it get so complicated?
你明天得見卡蘿,何時事情變得這么復雜?
Ross: Got me.
你可問倒我了。
Rachel: Remember when we were in high school together? Ross: Yeah.
還記得我們在高中時代嗎?記得。
Rachel: I mean, didn't you think you were just gonna meet someone, fall in love and that'd be it?
我是說,你有沒想過自己會遇見心上人戀愛,然後就這樣一輩子?
Rachel: (Ross gazes at her. ) Ross? Ross: Yes, yes!
羅斯?在。在。
Rachel: Oh! Man, I never thought I'd be here. (She leans back onto his hand. ) Ross: Hmm...Me either.
哦,天吶,沒想到自己會淪落到這個地步。我也是。
Ross: (entering) Sorry I'm late, I got stuck at work. There was this big dinosaur...thing...anyway.
抱歉,我遲到了,我工作忙得無法脫身,有個大恐龍之類的事情。
Susan: Hi.
嗨。
Carol: Ross, you remember Susan.
羅斯,記得蘇珊嗎?
Ross: How could I forget? Susan: Ross. Ross: (they shake hands) Hello, Susan. (To Carol) Good shake. Good shake.
我怎能忘記?羅斯。你好,蘇珊,握手有力啊。
So, uh, we're just waiting for...?
那么我們在等?
Carol: Dr. Oberman. Ross: Dr. Oberman. Okay. And is he. Susan: She.
歐伯曼大夫。歐伯曼大夫,好的,他 是“她”。
Ross: She, of course, she. She uh familiar with our...special situation?
是“她”,當然了,她。她,她了解我們的特殊狀況嗎?
Carol: Yes, and she's very supportive.
了解,而且她非常支持。
Ross: Great. Okay, that's great. No, I'm Oh.
好,這太好了。不,我只是。
Carol: Thanks.
謝了。
Carol: Ross? That opens my cervix. (He drops it in horror. )
羅斯,那是用來打開我的子宮頸的。
Rachel: Barry? Barry: Come on in.
巴瑞?進來吧。
Rachel: (hesitates) Are you sure? Barry: Yeah! It's fine, it's fine. Robbie's gonna be here for hours.
你確定?是的,沒事的,沒關系的。羅此得待在這兒好幾個小時。
Barry: So, how are you doing? Rachel: I'm uh I'm okay... You look great. Barry: Yeah...
最近好嗎?我我很好。你的氣色好極了。是的。
Bernice: (over intercom) Dr. Farber, Jason Greenstein's gagging.
法大夫,杰森快沒氣了。
Barry: (answering the intercom) Be right there. (To Robbie and Rachel) Be back in a second.
馬上到,我馬上回來。
Rachel: I dumped him. Robbie: Okay.
是我甩的他哦。好吧。
Ross: So, um so how's this, uh, how's this all gonna work?
這個如何,呃,如何處理此事?
Susan: The baby grows in a special place inside the mommy. Ross: Thank you,
嬰兒在母親身體中一個特殊的部位生長。謝謝。
Ross: I mean, how's this gonna work? With us?
我說,我們該如何處理此事?
You know, when, like, important decisions have to be made?
你知道的 比方說某些重大的決定。
Carol: Give me a 'for instance'.
給我舉個例子。
Ross: Well, uh, uh, I don't know, okay, okay, how about with the, uh, with the baby's name?
我也說不上來,比方說孩子的名字?
Carol: Marlon. Ross: Marlon? ! Carol: If it's a boy, Minnie if it's a girl.
馬龍。馬龍?如果是個男孩的話,如果是個女孩就叫米妮。
Ross: As in Mouse? Carol: As in my grandmother.
就像老鼠的名字?和我奶奶同名。
Ross: Still, you you say Minnie, you hear Mouse.
不管怎樣,聽到這個還是會想到老鼠。
Um, how about, um. . how about Julia? Carol: Julia.
呃,這個怎么樣…?朱莉亞怎么樣?朱莉亞。
Susan: We agreed on Minnie.
我們一致決定用米妮。
Ross: It's funny, um, uh, we agreed we'd spend the rest of our lives together. Things change, roll with the punches. I believe Julia's on the table?
真搞笑,呃,呃,我們曾決定共同生活一輩子。世事難料,兵來將擋。我覺得“朱莉亞”可以考慮?
Barry: Sorry about that.
抱歉。
Barry: So, what have you been up to? Rachel: Oh, not much.
近來怎么樣?哦,沒什么。
Rachel: II got a job. Barry: Oh, that's great.
我剛找到工作。哦,這太好了。
Rachel: Why are why are you so tanned? Barry: Oh, I, uh I went to Aruba.
你為何曬得這么黑?哦,我,呃,我到阿魯巴了。
Rachel: Oh no. You went on our honeymoon alone?
哦,不是吧,你自己一個去渡蜜月?
Barry: No. I went with, uh. . Now, this may hurt.
不是的,我和 這也許會很不好受。
Robbie: Me? ! Barry: No! (To Rachel)
我?不。
Barry: I went with Mindy. Rachel: Mindy? ! My maid of honour, Mindy? !
我和明蒂去了。明蒂?我的伴娘明蒂?
Barry: Yeah, well, uh, we're kind of a thing now.
對,我們差不多在一起了現在。
Rachel: Oh! Well, um... You've got plugs! Barry: Careful! They haven't quite taken yet.
哦,呃,你去做植發了?小心,還沒牢固呢。
Rachel: And you've got lenses! But you hate sticking your finger in your eye!
你還配了隱形眼鏡?但你不是討厭將手指放進眼睛里嗎?
Barry: Not for her. Listen, I really wanted to thank you. Rachel: Okay.
為了她我不討厭,我真的得感謝你。好吧。
Barry: See, about a month ago, I wanted to hurt you. More than I've ever wanted to hurt anyone in my life. And I'm an orthodontist.
一個月前我想傷害你,我這輩子從未如此想傷害一個人。我是個整牙醫師。
Barry: You know, you were right? I mean, I thought we were happy.
你知道么,你說得沒錯,我是說,我以為我們以前很快樂。
We weren't happy. But with Mindy...now I'm happy. Spit.
我們不快樂,但是和明蒂在一起,現在我很快樂。吐掉。
Rachel: What? Robbie: Me.
什么?是和我說。
Rachel: Anyway, um, I guess this belongs to you. Or maybe some day Mindy.
總之,我想這東西屬于你,或許以后是明蒂的。
Barry: like she's settle for that.
好像她現在已經為此做好準備了。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, that's true, but I think it's a...I think it's a nice ring. And thank you for giving it to me.
哦,是吧,是真的。但我覺得這是一個不錯的戒指,謝謝你送我。
Barry: Well, thank you for giving it back.
謝謝你送還給我。
Robbie: Hello? !
你好!
Susan: Oh, please! What's wrong with Helen?
哦,拜托,海倫有什么不好?
Ross: Helen Geller? I don't think so.
海倫蓋勒?不行。
Carol: Hello? It's not gonna be Helen Geller
喂?不會是海倫蓋勒的。
Ross: Thank you!
謝謝。
Carol: No, I mean it's not Geller.
不,我是說她不姓蓋勒。
Ross: What, it's gonna be Helen Willick?
難道是叫海倫威利克?
Carol: No, actually, um, we talked about Helen WillickBunch.
不,事實上,呃,我們考慮用海倫威利克班奇。
Ross: Well, wait a minute, why why is she in the title?
等等,為何有她的份?
Susan: Because It's my baby too.
因為這也是我的寶寶。
Ross: Oh, really? Um, I don't remember you making any sperm.
哦,真的?我不記得你有制造精子。
Susan: Yeah, and we all know what a challenge that is!
好吧,我們都知道那是個極大的挑戰。
Carol: All right, you two, stop it!
夠了,你們兩個,打住!
Ross: No no no, she gets a credit, hey, I'm in there too.
不,不,不,功勞全讓她搶了,嘿,我也在場。
Carol: Ross. You're not actually suggesting Helen WillickBunchGeller? Because I think that borders on child abuse.
你該不會想用海倫威利克班奇蓋勒吧?因為我覺得這有虐待兒童之嫌。
Ross: Of course not, I'm...suggesting GellerWillickBunch.
當然沒有,我建議用蓋勒威利克班奇。
Susan: Oh, no, nonononono, you see what he's doing? He knows noone's gonna say all those names, so they'll wind up calling her Geller, then he gets his way!
哦,不不不不,你看他這是想干什么,他知道沒人會叫全名的,別人只會叫她蓋勒,這樣他就得逞了。
Ross: My way? ! Youyou think this is my way?
我得逞?你認為這樣算我得逞?
Believe me, of all the ways I ever imagined this moment in my life being, this is not my way.
相信我,在所有我能想到的我的人生此刻的樣子,這個絕對不是我想要的。
You know what? Uh, um, this is too hard. I'm not, I can't do. Dr. Oberman: (entering) Knock knock! How are we today? Any nausea?
你們知道嗎,呃,這個太難接受了。有人在嗎?今天如何,想嘔吐嗎?
Ross: A little. Susan: Yeah. Just a little.
一點點。是。只是一點點。
Dr. Oberman: Well, I was just wondering about the mothertobe, but. Thanks for sharing. (To Carol) Uh, lie back...
我只是問準媽媽,很感謝你們的分享,躺好。
Ross: You uh you know what, I'm gonna go. I don't I don't think I can be involved in this particular family thing right now.
知道嗎?我走了,我不,我現在不想參與這種特殊的家庭事件。
Ross: Oh my God.
我的天吶。
Susan: Look at that.
瞧瞧那個。
Carol: I know.
我知道。
Ross: Well? Isn't that amazing?
是不是很神奇啊?
Joey: What are we supposed to be seeing here?
我們要看的是什么?
Chandler: I don't know, but...I think it's about to attack the Enterprise.
我不知道,但是我想是要準備攻擊企業號(星艦迷航記)。
Phoebe: If you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old potato.
如果你們把頭稍微向左偏,兩眼放輕松,它樣子就像是一個顆老馬鈴薯。
Ross: Then don't do that, alright?
那么就不要那么干。
Ross: Monica. What do you think?
摩妮卡,你認為呢?
Monica: (welling up) Mmhmm.
嗯。
Ross: Wh are you welling up? Monica: No.
你熱淚盈眶了?才沒有。
Ross: You are, you're welling up. Monica: I'm not!
你有,你熱淚盈眶了。我沒有!
Ross: You're gonna be an aunt. Monica: Oh shut up!
你就要成為阿姨了。喔,閉嘴。
Rachel: Hi, Mindy. Hi, itit's Rachel. Yeah, I'm fine. II saw Barry today.
嗨,明蒂,我是瑞秋。我很好,是的,我今天見巴瑞了。
Oh, yeah, yeah hehe told me. No, it's okay. Really, it's okay. I hope you two are very happy, I really do.
哦是的,對的,他告訴我了。不,沒關系,真的,沒關系。我祝福你們幸福快樂,真心誠意的。
Oh, oh, and Mindy, you know, ifif everything works out, and you guys end up getting married and having kids and everything.
哦,哦,明蒂,如果一切順利,你們結婚生子了。
I just hope they have his old hairline and your old nose.
我希望他們有他的老發線和你的老鼻子。
Okay, I know it was a cheap shot, but I feel so much better now.
我知道這招很賤,但我現在感覺好多了。