Thanks so much, you guys. Maybe you should make a wish.
非常感謝大伙。先許個愿吧。
Uh, hi. Oh, I'm sorry. Um, I'm here for the Traffic Committee meeting?
打擾一下。我是來參加交通委員會會議的。
The meeting's been adjourned. -Yeah. Um...- It's my birthday.
已經休會了。-是嗎。-我正開生日會呢。
I'm sorry. Happy birthday. Uh, just--someone sent me to the wrong room, and you guys don't meet again for months, and this is pretty much a matter of life and death, so...
我很抱歉。祝你生日快樂。有人把我帶到錯誤的房間去了,你們下次開會又得等好幾個月,而這事可是生死攸關,迫在眉睫......
Uh, yeah, it's fine. Uh, just-- if you could make it quick. We--it's an ice cream cake. -Okay.
好吧,隨便你。只要你能盡快說完。這可是冰激凌蛋糕。-沒問題。
A-actually, it's not. -What? - No.
其實,這不是冰激凌的。-什么?-不是冰激凌。
Really? Oh, then we-- we're not in a rush, I guess. At all. No rush. Go ahead.
真的嗎?那我們就沒什么可急的了。完全不用急。慢慢來。說吧。
Great. My name is Claire Dunphy, and my family and I live near that intersection of -- - Why not? Why not?
太好了。我叫克萊爾·鄧菲,我家就住在離那個危險十字路不遠的地方...... -為啥不買冰激凌的?
The freezer was broken, and we couldn't keep it here.
冰箱壞了,沒法保存冰激凌蛋糕。
See? This is why I ask you to think ahead, okay? Do you have your 50 signatures?
你看?我就跟你說過提前做好準備。你征集到50個簽名了嗎?
Uh, almost. I have 34, but I--Oh. That's the same thing.
差不多了。我征集了34個 可是 多點少點差不多。
Wow. I'm confused. It's not the same thing. - No.
可把我說糊涂了。其實是差得多。-絕對。
No. 34 is not the same thing as 50, just like a cake is not the same thing as an ice cream cake.
34和50差得多了,普通蛋糕和冰激凌蛋糕也相差很多。
Right. I get that. Sir, I'm trying to save lives here...- Mom. and I can get you the rest of the signatures. - Mom. Mom. Mom.
好吧。您的意思我懂。但這可是生死攸關的大事...... -媽媽。我征集夠簽名再來。-媽。媽。
Mom! -Oh, my god. What are you doing here? Girls.
媽!-姑娘們,你們來這干什么?
We--we went door to door and we got you 20 more signatures.
我們挨家挨戶地敲門又湊齊了20個簽名。
That is so sweet of you.
你們真是太貼心了。
Well, you were freaking out at us, so...
Okay, you know, let's not ruin it. All right, 54 signatures. 你把我們嚇得不輕,所以......行了,打住,別破壞氣氛。給你54個簽名。
So what do you say? Let's start saving lives one intersection at a time.
怎么樣?拯救生命從十字路口做起。
Okay, thank you very much. We will, uh, take these under advisement. Just leave 'em here, and thank you...
非常感謝你。我們會好好研究這事。簽名留在這里,再次感謝......
Wait a minute. I know what that means. -Oh, here we go.
等一下。我可知道"研究"什么意思。-這下慘了。
That's Washington-speak for "Get lost."
這是"滾吧"的官方說法。
Well, um, wow, Phil. what are you doing here?
那個,菲爾。你來干嘛?
I'm your husband. I'm blindsiding you. Your honor, permission to approach.
我是你老公。我在守護你的弱點。法官大人,請允許我發言。
Not a judge. -I'll allow it.
他不是法官。-準了,說吧。
I'll get straight to the point because this is important, and that appears to be an ice cream cake. -Well, it's not!
我就開門見山了,因為事關重大,冰激凌蛋糕又耽擱不得。-這不是冰激凌的!
Okay. I present to you "Stop in the name of life." Kick it.
好吧。我向你們呈上《停車吧,以生命的名義》。開始播放。
Clive Bixby. Can I meet you at Harry's bar in two minutes?
克里夫·比克斯比。兩分鐘后在哈里酒吧見,好嗎?
Baby, I can do anything in two minutes.
親愛的,兩分鐘內我什么都能辦到。
I'll just speed through the intersection of Greenleaf and Bristol. It's easy 'cause there's no stop sign.
我就要加速通過綠葉街和布雷斯托街之間的十字路口了。反正沒有停車標志,超速無下限。
I love being a kid. I have my whole life ahead of me.
做小孩很快樂。青春年少書寫大好前程。
No! No! No!
不要啊!不要啊!不要啊!(停止 瘋狂超速行為)
Okay. Well...-Powerful.
夠了。-這個太有說服力了。
And unconventional, but I believe it makes our point, so what do you say?
而且獨樹一幟,但也證明了我們的觀點,你們意下如何?