Monica: Actually, we were going to have lasagna.
實際上,我們本來是要吃千層面的。
Mr. Geller: oh, I love lasagna.
哦,我喜歡千層面。
Monica: But now we are not having it.
不過我們現在沒有了。
Mrs. Geller: Then why you bring it up. You know how he latches on.
那你為什么要提到這個呢?你知道他多么容易來勁。
Monica: I know this is going to sound unbelievably selfish on my part, but, were you planning on bringing up the whole baby/lesbian thing?
我知道這樣從我的角度來說過于自私了,但是你準備說一下小孩和女同性戀的事嗎?
Because I think it might take some of the heat off me.
因為我覺得這樣或許可以讓我喘口氣。
Mrs. Geller: What that Rachel did to her life.... We ran into her parents at the club, they were not playing very well.
Rachel到底做了什么?我們在俱樂部碰到了她父母,他們很不開心。
Mr. Geller: I'm not gonna tell you what they spent on that wedding, but forty thousand dollars is a lot of money!
我不會說他們為了婚禮花了些什么,但是4萬塊不是個小數目。
Mrs. Geller: Well, at least she had the chance to leave a man at the altar.
至少她有機會把一個男人留在教堂里的圣壇。
Monica: What's that supposed to mean?
這是什么意思?
Mrs. Geller: Nothing! It's an expression.
沒什么,這就是一個表達而已。
Monica: No it's not.
不,不是的。
Mr. Geller: Don't listen to your mother. You're independent, and you always have been!
別聽你媽的,你很獨立,一直都是這樣。
Even when you were a kid and you were chubby, and you had no friends, you were just fine!
就連你小時候胖嘟嘟的一個朋友也沒有的時候,你還是活得好好的。
And you would read alone in your room, and your puzzles.
你會待在你房里獨自看書、玩拼圖。
Mr. Geller: Look, there are people like Ross who need to shoot for the stars, with his museum, and his papers getting published.
有些人需要干大事,比如羅斯,在博物館工作,還發表了文章。
Other people are satisfied with staying where they are.
其他人則安於現狀。
I'm telling you, these are the people who never get cancer.
告訴你,這種人不會得癌癥。
They are happy with what they have, they are basically content like cows.
他們對擁有的一切都很開心,就像奶牛一樣。
Ross: cows? dad?
奶牛?爸爸?
Mr. Geller: She knows how much I love cows.
她知道我有多喜歡奶牛。
Mr. Geller:...And I read about these women trying to have it all, and I thank God 'Our Little Harmonica' doesn't seem to have that problem.
我還知道這些女人想擁有一切,我想,天吶,幸好我們家的小摩妮卡沒有這種問題。
I'm telling you, sweetheart, you're gonna be fine.
我跟你說,你會沒事的。
Monica: Thank you, Daddy.
謝謝,老爸。
Mrs. Geller: Oh, so this does work.
哦,這個還真的能用啊。