Growing Pains,《成長的煩惱》
A: Jason, this is Fred Mathers. Fred's the one I'm working with on the toxic waste story.
甲:杰森,這位是弗雷德.馬哲斯,是與我一起報道有毒廢物的同事。
B: Oh! No! No! Don't get up! It's really nice to meet you!
乙:哦,不!不!不用站起來了!很高興見到你!
C: Well, it's nice to meet you, too.
丙:嗯,我也是。
B: Mags has told me a lot about you.
乙:麥琪告訴了我許多關于你的事。
C: Why didn't you tell me about Fred?
丙:你怎么不跟我說說弗雷德啊?
B: Well,poor Mags is stuck with me all day. I'm sure the last thing she wants to do when she gets home is talk about me.
乙:哎,可憐的麥琪整天和我在一起。我保證她回到家后最不愿做的事就是提到我了。
A: That's not true! I told you about Fred just yesterday. Don't you remember?
甲:不是那樣的!昨天我還和你說起過弗雷德。你不記得了嗎?
C: Oh! Yeah! Well. I think I just picture you differently. Balder. Fatter.
丙:哦!對!你和我想象的不太一樣。在我印象中你應該頭發少點兒,胖點兒。
B: Well, that's the public for you. They think we all look like Lou Grant. Thank God Mags doesn't…hey Jason?
乙:呃那是呈現給你們的公眾形象。他們想象我們應該長得像盧·格蘭特。幸好麥琪不是這樣想的……對吧,杰森?
A: Eh. Jason and I were just about to grab a bite.
甲:呃,我和杰森想出去隨便吃點東西。
B: Well I won't keep you. Excuse me. Oh! Mags, I will need to see you for a couple of minutes before that meeting at 2 o'clock. It's…It's 1:30 now.
乙:那好,我不耽擱你們了。哦!麥琪,在兩點鐘的會議之前我想再和你談幾句。現在已經是一點半了。
A: Oh...
甲:噢……
C: Well look Fred. Why don't you just join us for lunch?
丙:我說,弗雷德,你為什么不跟我們一起吃午飯呢?
B: Oh, no, I don't want to...
乙:哦,不,我不去了……