Desperate Housewives,《絕望的主婦》
A: Good afternoon. I'm, uh, Bree Hodge, and you are?
甲:下午好,我是,呃,布里·霍奇。你是?
B: Name's Gus, and we're all booked up.
乙:我叫格斯。房間都訂滿了。
A: Actually, Gus, um, I'm here to see one of your guests-a gentleman named Faladi.
甲:事實上,格斯,嗯,我是來找你們的一位客人的,一位叫法蘭第的先生。
B: Oh, yeah, came in about an hour ago. You want me to call him for you?
乙:哦,沒錯,一個小時前住進來的。你需要我給他打電話嗎?
A: No, no, no, no! I'd like you to take me to his room and unlock it so I can walk in unannounced.
甲:不,不,不,不!我要你帶我去他房間,給我開門,這樣我就能悄悄地進去了 "
B: Lady, I can't do that. Besides, he has a girl in there.
乙:女士,我不能那么做。另外,他屋里有個女孩。
A: Yes, I know. She's my daughter, my 17-year-old daughter.
甲:是的,我知道,她是我女兒,我十七歲的女兒。

B: Yeah. Uh, that would be, uh, room, uh, 17. Now there's irony for you. You don't have a gun in there, do you? Because I just put down new carpet.
乙: 好吧,呃,那是,呃,十七號房間。對你來說是個諷刺吧,你沒帶槍吧?我剛剛換過地毯。
A: Oh, Gus, I don't plan anything unpleasant. I'm simply going to inform Mr. Faladi what repercussions he faces if he continues this relationship and trust him to see reason.
甲:哦,格斯,我沒打算做什么讓人不愉快的事情。我只是要去告訴法蘭第先生,如果他繼續這段關系,他將面臨怎樣的影響,相信他就會知道原因所在了。
C: What the hell!
丙:見鬼!
D: Mom! What are you doing here?
丁:媽媽!你在這兒做什么?
C: You just can't walk right in here.
丙:你不能就這么進來。
D: How can you do this to me?
丁:你怎么能這么做?
C: What makes you think that you can walk in here?
丙:你憑什么可以隨便進來?