講解:
a gruelling journey / schedule
使人筋疲力盡的旅程;累人的計劃
We had a gruelling journey to the west recently.
我們最近去往西部的旅程讓我們筋疲力盡。
be inspiring
鼓舞人心的;激勵的;啟發靈感的:
The book is less than inspiring.
那本書不大吸引人。
go straight into
直接;逕直;立即:
I'll come straight to the point —your work isn't good enough.
我開門見山地說吧——你的工作做得不夠好。
work (on sb / sth)
奏效;產生預期的結果(或作用):
The pills the doctor gave me aren't working.
醫生給我的藥片不管事。
finish sth/doing sth
完成;做好:
Haven't you finished your homework yet?
難道你還沒有完成家庭作業嗎?
entitle sb to sth
使享有權利;使符合資格:
You will be entitled to your pension when you reach 65.
你到 65 歲就有資格享受養老金。
be up to
正在干,從事著(尤指壞事);在搗鬼:
What've you been up to?
你一直在搞什么名堂?
break up (with sb)
(同某人)絕交:
She's just broken up with her boyfriend.
她剛剛和男朋友分手。