I'm glad we didn't have guns in my house.
還好我們家里沒有槍。
Would've shot my sisters just to get 'em out of the bathroom.
這樣我就不會為了把我姐姐們趕出浴室,就開槍打她們了。
I liked having a big family.
我喜歡大家庭的感覺。
My parents gave me a gift, a twin.
我父母給了我一個禮物,一個雙胞胎兄弟。
Who wouldn't want two of me?
誰不想要一個一模一樣的自己?
Let me guess, only child.
讓我猜猜,你是獨生子。
Why do you say that?
為什么這么說?
cause family friction is usually a catalyst for personality development.
因為家庭摩擦通常是人格發展的催化劑。
I was the oldest, so all the friction rolled downhill.
我是長女,所以起摩擦的都是小的幾個。
Yes, all the attention and responsibilities heaped on first-born children prepares them for success in the future.
是的。正是落在第一個孩子身上的那些注意力與責任,為他們來日的成功奠定了基礎。
My baby sister got away with murder.
我的小妹妹逃脫了謀殺。
She had 'em all fooled.
她把他們都騙倒了。
I thought middles were the problem.
我覺得中間的那幾個才難對付。
Middle's the sweet spot.
中間的孩子最受寵。
Always trying to figure out where they fit in.
他們總在思考自己該處的位置。
They can be great, um, politicians.
他們能成為杰出的政客,
Or lousy ones.
又或者是最差的。
All the victims have defensive wounds except for Mrs. Turner.
所有死者身上都有防御性外傷,除了特納夫人。
There's forgiveness.
那是因為她的寬仁之心。
What kind of victim forgives the killer at the moment of death?
什么樣的死者會在臨死前還對兇手報以寬仁之心?
A mother.
一個母親。
Tell me about your mother.
跟我說說你母親的事。
Some lazy psychiatry, Doctor Lecter.
這種療法很取巧啊,萊克特醫生。
Low hanging fruit.
就像低懸的水果(容易得到的信息)。
I suspect that fruit is on a high branch.
我猜那水果一定在很高的樹枝上,
Very difficult to reach.
很難夠到。
So is my mother.
我媽也是這樣。
Never knew her.
永遠不了解她。
An interesting place to start.
很不錯的開場。
Tell me about your mother, let's start there.
跟我說說你媽媽,從那開始吧。
Both my parents died when I was very young.
在我很小的時候,我父母就都過世了。
The proverbial orphan until I was adopted by my uncle Robertos when I was 16.
眾所周知我是孤兒,十六歲時被我的叔叔羅伯特斯收養。
You have orphan in common with Abigail Hobbs.
你跟阿比蓋爾·霍布斯都是孤兒。
I think you'll discover that you and I have a great deal in common with Abigail.
我想你會發現你和我,都和阿比蓋爾有著許多相似之處。
She's already demonstrated an aptitude for the psychological.
她已經展現出了在心理學上的天賦。