Hello. Hi.
你好 嗨
I'm Ben Whittaker. I received an e-mail
我是本·維迪克 我收到了一份關于面試
about an interview for the senior intern program.
老年實習生的郵件
Hey, Ben. How's it goin'?
嘿 本 你好嗎?
It's going good, real good. Thank you.
很好 真的很好 謝謝
Excellent. Take a seat around the corner,
棒極了 在那邊的角落里坐一下
and someone from talent acquisition will come get you.
等一下人才招聘組的人會去找你
Thank you.
謝謝
Talent acquisition?
人才招聘組?
There's gonna be a couple of interviews today, Ben.
今天會有好幾個人面試 本
We wanna make sure that we both find the right fit.
我希望確保我們能彼此都滿意
"Business as usual" is not really our motto,
有時候做生意并不是我們的宗旨
so we hope you have some fun here.
所以我們希望你能在這里找到樂趣
This is the first time we are hiring senior interns,
這是我們第一次招聘老年實習生
so some of our intern questions
所以有些面試實習生的問題
may not exactly fit your profile,
并不適合你們
but we're gonna go for it anyway, okay?
但我們還是得例行問一下 好嗎?
Fire away.
問吧
Okay, good. Where'd you go to school?
好的 沒問題 你是哪所學校畢業的?
I went to Northwestern.
我是西北大學畢業的
Hey, my brother went to Northwestern.
嘿 我哥哥也是西北大學畢業的
Probably not at the same time.
可能不是同一時間段的
Probably not. He graduated in 2009.
應該不是 他是2009年畢業的
Class of '65.
我是65年的
Wow, what was your major? Do you remember?
哇哦 你是什么專業的? 你還記得嗎?
And after Northwestern, you went on to...
那從西北大學畢業后你去了...?
I went to work for Dex One.
我去了德克斯工作
Okay, and they made...
好的 那他們是做...?
Phonebooks.
電話簿
I was in charge of overseeing the printing
我是負責監督
of the physical phonebook.
電話簿的印刷
I did that for over 20 years,
這工作我做了20年 在那之前
and before that I was their VP of sales and advertising.
我是他們營銷廣告部門的副總
So, do they still make phonebooks?
那么他們還在做電話簿嗎?
I mean, doesn't everyone just Google numbers?
我是說 現在人們難道不都是谷歌號碼的嗎?
I believe they do, but before Google that was how you got...
現在的確如此 但是在有谷歌之前 他們是用這種方式查號碼的
Oh, no, no. Yeah, I get it.
不 是的 我... 我明白了
So 40 years at the phonebook company?
所以 在電話簿公司工作了40年?
That is amazing, seriously.
真的棒極了 我是說真的
Okay, Benjamin. Now, I'm gonna ask you one of
好吧 本杰明 現在 我要問你一個我們會問
our more telling questions for all of our interns,
所有實習生的問題
so I want you to, like, this is the one to really think about, okay?
這真的是一個需要思考的問題 明白嗎?
And take your time.
你... 可以好好思考一下
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
你覺得10年后的你會是怎樣?
When I'm 80?
當我80歲的時候嗎?
Yeah, sure. Yeah, whatever. Um...
是的 沒錯 是的 隨便吧 呃...
Wait. Did not realize you were 70.
等下 我沒意識到你已經70歲了
That question just doesn't work for you, does it?
這真是 呃... 這問題對你來說沒什么意義 對嗎?
Should we just scratch that one and just move on?
那我們能不能跳過這一問題繼續下一個問題?
It's your call, Justin. Okay, that one's gone.
隨便你 賈斯汀 好的 那接下來
You look great, by the way, so great,
你看起來棒極了 真的非常棒
and you're clearly more than qualified for this job.
明顯你是非常能勝任這一職位的
You're actually, like, way overqualified,
您真的 真的資歷太高了
and we were so impressed.
實在讓我們印象深刻
You had great interviews, great video.
你的面試很棒 求職視頻也很棒
You nailed it, Ben. Congrats.
你做到了 本 恭喜你