Freud said, Love and work. Work and love.
弗洛伊德說過 愛情和工作
That's all there is.
就是生活的全部
Well, I'm retired, and my wife is dead.
我退休了 我的妻子已經過世了
As you can imagine, that's given me some time on my hands.
可想而知 我有了很多的空閑時間
My wife's been gone for three and a half years.
我的妻子已經去世三年半了
I miss her in every way.
我無時無刻都在想念她
And retirement? That is an ongoing,
而退休? 則要堅持不懈的努力
relentless effort in creativity.
提升創造力
At first, I admit I enjoyed the novelty of it.
首先 我承認我享受其中的新鮮感
Sort of felt like I was playing hooky.
有點像在逃學一樣
I used all the miles I'd saved and traveled the globe.
我用所有省下來的航空英里數去環游世界
The problem was, no matter where I went,
問題是 無論我去了哪里
as soon as I got home, the nowhere-to-be thing
只要我一到家 那種無處可去的感覺
hit me like a ton of bricks.
如千斤重錘般向我襲來
I realized the key
我意識到了
to this whole deal was to keep moving.
這一切的解決方法就是到處走動
Get up, get out of the house, and go somewhere. Anywhere.
早晨起床 走出家門 去到某個地方 任何地方都可以
Come rain or shine, I'm at my Starbucks by 7:15.
無論晴雨 我都會在7:15準時到星巴克
Excuse me, mind if we join you here?
不好意思 我可以坐這里嗎?
Hey, how are ya?
嘿 最近怎么樣?
Can't explain it,
我也解釋不來
but it makes me feel pan' of something.
但這讓我覺得我也是其中的一份子
These guys today, they're not numbers guys.
今天要見的人 并不是精于數字的人
Don't talk figures with them.
別跟他們講數據
How do I spend the rest of my days?
其它時間用來做什么呢?
You name it. Golf, books, movies, pinochle.
做各種事情 高爾夫 讀書 看電影 皮納爾撲克
Tried yoga, learned to cook,
試過瑜伽 學過廚藝
bought some plants, took classes in Mandarin.
買了一些盆栽 上過中文課
Xiang xin wo, wo shen me dou shiguo le.
相信挖 挖什么道試掛了
Translation, Believe me, I've tried everything.
翻譯過來就是... 相信我 我什么都試過了
And then, of course, there are the funerals.
然后 當然 也會有葬禮
So many more than I could imagine.
能做的事比我想象得多得多
The only traveling I do these days is out to San Diego
最近我唯一的一次旅行 是去圣地亞哥
to visit my son and his family.
看望我的兒子和他的家人
They're great. I love 'em to pieces.
他們很好 我非常地愛他們
But to be honest, I think I probably relied on them
但是說實話 我想我可能有點
way more than I should.
太過依賴他們
Don't get me wrong, I'm not an unhappy person.
別誤會我 我不是那種經常悶悶不樂的人
Quite the contrary.
正相反
I just know there's a hole in my life,
我只知道我的生命中有個空洞
and I need to fill it.
而我需要補好它
Soon.
還得盡快