Rest assured, Mycroft, whatever this underground network of yours is up to, the secret will reside in something seemingly insignificant or bizarre.
放心好了 麥克羅夫特 不論你這個地下網絡打算做什么 秘密就藏在某些不起眼的小古怪中
Ooh-ooh.
打擾下
Speaking of which...
說到這個
I can't believe it. I just can't believe it!
我真不敢相信 不敢相信呢!
Him sitting in his chair again.
他又坐回了他的椅子
Oh, isn't it wonderful, Mr Holmes?
太棒了對不對 福爾摩斯先生?
I can barely contain myself(!)
我欣喜若狂了
Oh, he really can, you know.
一點不摻假
He's secretly pleased to see you, underneath all that.
他其實可高興見到你呢 裝出這幅樣子
Sorry, which of us?
不好意思 我們倆誰?
Both of you.
你們倆都是
Let's play something different.
我們來玩點別的
Why are we playing games?!
我們為什么要玩游戲?
London's terror alert has been raised to critical,
倫敦恐怖襲擊預警已達到"危急"
I'm just passing the time.
我只是在打發時間
Let's do deductions.
玩演繹推理吧
Client left this while I was out, what do you reckon?
我不在家時 委托人留下的 你怎么看?
I'm busy.
我很忙
Oh, go on, it's been an age.
來嘛 好久沒玩了
I always win.
我總是贏
Which is why you can't resist.
所以你沒法抗拒
I find nothing irresistible in the hat of a well-travelled anxious, sentimental, unfit creature of habit with appalling halitosis.
有什么沒法抗拒的 常戴它的人焦慮 念舊 身材差 還有嚴重口臭
Damn.
該死
Isolated too, don't you think?
還孤僻 不覺得嗎?
Why would he be isolated?
怎見得他孤僻?
"He?"
"他"?
Obviously.
顯而易見
Why? Size of the hat?
憑什么 頭圍大小嗎?
Don't be silly. Some women have large heads too.
別蠢了 也有頭圍大的女人
No, he's recently had his hair cut, you can see the little hairs adhering to the perspiration stains on the inside.
不 他最近剪了頭發 內側汗漬上沾著少許頭發茬子
Some women have short hair too.
也有女人留短發
Balance of probability.
概率平衡
Not that you've ever spoken to a woman with short hair, or, you know, a woman.
而不是你沒跟短發女人說過話 或者不如說 任何女人
Stains show he's out of condition.
汗漬表明他健康不佳
He's sentimental cos the hat has been repaired, three, four...
念舊是因為帽子已經補過三四...
Five times. Very neatly.
五次 補得很細
The cost of the repairs exceeds that of the hat, he's mawkishly attached to it.
補的成本比帽子還貴 對這帽子挺癡情
But it's more than that. One or two patches would indicate sentimentality.
不僅如此 一兩個補丁說明念舊
Five's obsessive behaviour. Obsessive compulsive.
五個就是強迫行為了 強迫癥
Hardly. Your client left it behind.
未見得 他走的時候都忘了戴
What sort of an obsessive compulsive would do that?
哪有這種強迫癥?
The earlier patches are extensively sun bleached, so he's worn it abroad, in Peru.
早期的補丁被太陽曬得褪色嚴重 他是在國外戴的 在秘魯
Peru?
秘魯?
This is a chullo.
帶耳扇的毛線帽
The classic headgear of Andes, it's made of alpaca.
安第斯山民的典型帽子 線是羊駝毛
No.
不對
No?
不對?
Icelandic sheep wool. Similar, but very distinctive, if you know what you're looking for.
冰島綿羊毛 很類似 但也截然不同 只要你懂得區分
I've written a blog on the varying tensile strengths of different natural fibres.
我曾寫過如何區分不同天然纖維韌度的博文
I'm sure there's a crying need for that(!)
我相信想讀的大有人在!