Did Jon Arryn tell you what he wanted with it?
瓊恩艾林有沒告訴你他為何借這本書?
He did not, My Lord. And I did not presume to ask.
沒有, 大人. 我也沒有問.
Jon's death... Such a tragedy.
瓊恩的去世... 真是個悲劇.
...Did he say anything to you during his final hours?
...他在彌留之際對你說過些什么?
Nothing of import, My Lord.
沒什么要緊的話, 大人.
Oh-there was one phrase
哦-有一句話
he kept repeating:
他不斷重復:
"The seed is strong," I think it was.
好象是 "種姓強韌,"
"The seed is strong"? Mm.
"種姓強韌"? 嗯.
What does that mean? Oh,
那是什么意思? 哦,
the dying mind is a demented mind, Lord Stark.
將死之人往往神志不清, 史塔克大人.
For all the weight they're given,
就實際意義而言,
last words are usually
臨終時的遺言往往...
as significant as first words.
和出生時的哭聲一樣難以理解.
And you're quite certain he died of a natural illness?
所以你確信他是死于疾病?
What else could it be?
還會是什么原因呢?
Poison.
毒藥.
A disturbing thought.
這想法令人不寒而栗.
No no no, I don't think it likely.
不不不, 我不認為有這種可能.
The Hand was loved by all.
人人都愛戴國王之手.
What sort of man would dare
什么人膽敢
I've heard it said that poison is a woman's weapon.
我聽說毒藥是女人的武器.
Yes, women,
是的, 女人,
cravens...
懦夫...
And eunuchs.
還有太監.
Did you know that Lord Varys is a eunuch?
你知道瓦里斯大人就是個太監吧?
Everybody knows that.
人人都知道.
Yes yes, of course.
是的是的, 當然.
How that sort of person found himself
那種人是怎樣
on the King's Council, I will never know.
進入御前會議的, 我實在不清楚.
I've taken enough of your time.
我耗費你太多時間了.
No trouble at all, My Lord. It's a great honor
完全沒關系, 大人. 很榮幸
thank you.
謝謝你.
I'll find my own way out.
不必送了, 我自己回去.